IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 340.
#9351 1 year ago

We are not seeing this at all with the blue powdercoat used in the Ultraman CEs.

It's a problem with this particular color application, which is still the coater's fault.

RM

#9352 1 year ago

Hey, I’ve got a left flipper that’s sticking and I’m not sure why. As far as I can tell it’s not electrical. I’m a new pinball owner and all the videos I can find on flippers don’t look like the Halloween flipper mechanism, so any help would be appreciated. If need be I can post pictures or answer questions.

Thanks!

#9353 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Anyone notice an issue with the power coat? Got some blotchy patterns going on here.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What number are you ?

#9354 1 year ago
Quoted from EnjoiThePureTrip:

Hey, I’ve got a left flipper that’s sticking and I’m not sure why. As far as I can tell it’s not electrical. I’m a new pinball owner and all the videos I can find on flippers don’t look like the Halloween flipper mechanism, so any help would be appreciated. If need be I can post pictures or answer questions.
Thanks!

You likely have a flipper button that’s sticking, meaning the plastic inside the housing is binding against something.

Super easy to fix. Remove the flipper button (use a wrench on the inside of the cabinet to remove). Check for any burs or anything else that may cause binding.

#9355 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

What number are you ?

#9356 1 year ago

I'm in the 300's and my coating is rubbing off and has a few weird streaks/scratches.

#9357 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I'm in the 300's and my coating is rubbing off and has a few weird streaks/scratches.

Strange, anything Spooking doing about this? It's not the end of the world, just a bit strange considering the price for these.

#9358 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Strange, anything Spooking doing about this? It's not the end of the world, just a bit strange considering the price for these.

Contact spooky, if your the original owner they can help get newer coated armor. The older lower numbered machines had more problems with their powder coat, newer ones have a clear coat on em to help

#9359 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think If 100 people played each game 50 times after knowing the rules about 95 off them would pick Halloween. First impressions are really kind useless. When I first played Halloween at Jackbar they had just received an LOV. I played about 20 games of Halloween and a few games of LOV (enough to put up a ripper and see a lot of the game) It’s cool, I enjoyed playing it but I won’t buy it. Halloween destroys it on layout, art package, theme, layout, rules/code. In nearly every aspect I’d rate Halloween miles above LOV. Just my opinion of course.
I have sold Halloween on so many people just by playing with them and helping them to understand what is going on in simple terms. Their response is frequently “oh my god, I had no idea” or the guy recently who heard it sucked and had his “mind blown” by it (and is currently looking for one to buy locally) even the full on haters have walked away with an appreciation for the game. It just requires some knowledge and a willingness to embrace something new. This game is special and will be regarded in a far better light given more player experience over time.

I like Halloween. I'm glad I stuck with it. I'd like to understand what I'm missing. What is the point of the middle playfield during so many modes? It allows you to flip in the middle playfield but sometimes nothing is lit. Even when things are lit, like to give Laurie life, it is of minimal importance. What is the deal with almost starting the sanitarium mode and it takes over everything else? The video assets are horrendous at this point. The movie clips are great and I'm hopeful that they'll replace all animations.
The call outs are ok. "Judith Meyes, lot 17.." or "confound it man". Pretty laughable. Not great.
I need to play it more but I swear there are times when I get sanitarium multiball and nothing happens. I stack a mode and get to the upper house. The mode wants the drop target, the house doesn't want the drop target. Coding can fix this but here we are. I've had resets during different stacks.
The settings menu is limited. As an operator, I can't see recent coin drop amounts. I have to physically count the quarters. Even my Black Rose has a coin audit.
All in all, I love this pin but you are full of it acting like it's perfect or amazing right now. The ambiance, the sounds, the theme, the artwork are all top notch. The art absolutely destroys the new Bond. Holy crap that thing is ugly.
I have the utmost respect for Spooky crew and have faith that they'll do their best with Halloween. I know I'm rooting for them.

#9360 1 year ago

Vernisious -

Are you on the latest Code? The middle PF has had seen more integration in the laest code. In House MB, targets add life bonus and the scoop does damage, now. Also, the upper exit now registers right orbit shots in some modes.

Once Sanitarium is qulaified, you have to start it and then clear all of the targets before getting back to the Middle PF and claiming the Super. Which is probably the easiest Super to qualify and cash in. IF you can get back that middle PF.

As for the animations, next code update should fix those in Halloween. The last update did the same for Ultraman.

As far as bugs, a whole lot less of them now than before the update.

I'm an UM owner, but a buddy has a Halloween and I play it regularly.

#9361 1 year ago

I need some help dialing in my upper playfield. I watched the video and cant really adjust anything he mentions in it.
The pretzel shot can only really be done once, it seems pretty sluggish coming from under the stairs. And the shot up the stairs is difficult, but not impossible.
Any tips on what I need to do? Visually that playfield looks to be slanted to the left, but the screw mentioned only backed out of the wood and didn't raise it.

#9362 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I need some help dialing in my upper playfield. I watched the video and cant really adjust anything he mentions in it.
The pretzel shot can only really be done once, it seems pretty sluggish coming from under the stairs. And the shot up the stairs is difficult, but not impossible.
Any tips on what I need to do? Visually that playfield looks to be slanted to the left, but the screw mentioned only backed out of the wood and didn't raise it.

Mine must be dialed in because I finally got the pretzel when I shot the right spinner and accidently kept my flipper up. Oh what a feeling!

#9363 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:Mine must be dialed in because I finally got the pretzel when I shot the right spinner and accidently kept my flipper up. Oh what a feeling!

My thought was you could hit it over and over. but if it's meant to be hit 1 at a time, mine might be dialed in also.

#9364 1 year ago
Quoted from EnjoiThePureTrip:

Thanks!

I had one of my flipper button stick too, just a little imperfection in the plastic castings.

With the game off, rapidly work the flipper button like 50 or 100 times, should free it up.

RM

#9365 1 year ago

For the flipper a little sandpaper can fix it. Had to do this on an old Gottlieb and my walking dead.

#9366 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My thought was you could hit it over and over. but if it's meant to be hit 1 at a time, mine might be dialed in also.

When mine was dialed in perfect, the ball would barely dribble back on to the tip of the flipper. Then I’d have to flail once our twice to get control, and then hit the loop and again.
I’ve never had it be a repeatable shot though.

#9367 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

When mine was dialed in perfect, the ball would barely dribble back on to the tip of the flipper. Then I’d have to flail once our twice to get control, and then hit the loop and again.

Ok, thanks. I was trying to do something I didnt need to. I feel mine is the same.

#9368 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Quoted from Pinash:

Hmmm. It's very repeatable on mine. I get two pretzels in a row pretty often and have had three a few times too. I remember reading something about people adjusting the end of the ball guide upwards slightly where it returns to flipper, but I haven't done anything to mine.

#9369 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I can do more than one. It's possible but I suck. And I had a light reflection on the third play field from my lights which made it very hard to see. I only have about 50 plays on her but I'm getting better. Lots to unlock and see as I progress.

#9370 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think If 100 people played each game 50 times after knowing the rules about 95 off them would pick Halloween. First impressions are really kind useless. When I first played Halloween at Jackbar they had just received an LOV. I played about 20 games of Halloween and a few games of LOV (enough to put up a ripper and see a lot of the game) It’s cool, I enjoyed playing it but I won’t buy it. Halloween destroys it on layout, art package, theme, layout, rules/code. In nearly every aspect I’d rate Halloween miles above LOV. Just my opinion of course.
I have sold Halloween on so many people just by playing with them and helping them to understand what is going on in simple terms. Their response is frequently “oh my god, I had no idea” or the guy recently who heard it sucked and had his “mind blown” by it (and is currently looking for one to buy locally) even the full on haters have walked away with an appreciation for the game. It just requires some knowledge and a willingness to embrace something new. This game is special and will be regarded in a far better light given more player experience over time.

I think the lifter timing is the "problem". People simply arent used to them. I was playing on location and even though i know its coming at some point, i still missed the first few. I chalk this up to my own lack of experience, even though Ive played a handful of times and Spooky has done a great job of letting you know when the ball are back in play. Newbs will walk away and not play again.

Not saying its a problem, its just that this pin really needs fleshed out in a home environment, where it shines.

#9371 1 year ago

The lifter timing is about the same as rail returns or subway / vuk returns. It just feel much longer because you don’t see the ball AND many location players have just become accustomed to Sterns return times which are VERY quick on account of the fact they do not put anything in their games. No subways, vuk to habitrail etc etc. Cost cutting has become the norm and it’s effects are felt in this way. HWN return times do not bother me in the slightest. In fact, The secret to this game is strategizing the servo timing for optimal multiball play. Once players GET IT they blow the f’n game out of the water. Whine about it? Hate it? Complain? You’re sunk. USE IT .

Quoted from Roostking:

I think the lifter timing is the "problem". People simply arent used to them. I was playing on location and even though i know its coming at some point, i still missed the first few. I chalk this up to my own lack of experience, even though Ive played a handful of times and Spooky has done a great job of letting you know when the ball are back in play. Newbs will walk away and not play again.
Not saying its a problem, its just that this pin really needs fleshed out in a home environment, where it shines.

#9372 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The lifter timing is about the same as rail returns or subway / vuk returns. It just feel much longer because you don’t see the ball AND many location players have just become accustomed to Sterns return times which are VERY quick on account of the fact they do not put anything in their games. No subways, vuk to habitrail etc etc. Cost cutting has become the norm and it’s effects are felt in this way. HWN return times do not bother me in the slightest. In fact, The secret to this game is strategizing the servo timing for optimal multiball play. Once players GET IT they blow the f’n game out of the water. Whine about it? Hate it? Complain? You’re sunk. USE IT .

Trust me, im not saying it a problem, but I can also understand where newbs who just put in a buck arent prepared for it and the game ends in 30 seconds and they dont play again.

Im just saying not all games shine in an arcade setting where you need to hook someone quick, for One.More.Play You cant "get" Halloween in that setting.

HUO king, along with Alien??

#9373 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Spot on for multiballs. Love the fact I can bury a ball in the subways to focus on other things. Then working out the timing and not forgetting it is coming back. These are the strategies and nuances that coupled with the unique layout and rules that make these two games challenging and different.

#9374 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I looked at mine and I can get multiple if you time it right hard to do for me

it does have to make the flipper again takes a clean clean shot

#9375 1 year ago

In an effort to go after pinside maligned pins that actually fully and completely kick 100% ass I’m picking up an ALIEN SV and the 2D Translite mod on Thursday! F’n AMPED to put this right next to HWN!

#9376 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

In an effort to go after pinside maligned pins that actually fully and completely kick 100% ass I’m picking up an ALIEN SV and the 2D Translite mod on Thursday! F’n AMPED to put this right next to HWN!

Let us know what you think. Alien SV is on my short list but I’m worried about reliability. I’m a complete newb to this stuff.

#9377 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I've never even seen an alien pinball machine yet!

Aliens, yes.

#9378 1 year ago

Alien is crazy good - you're in for a real treat. Next to Halloween too - that's gotta be 2 of the most atmospheric pins ever.

#9379 1 year ago

From what I've seen with new people to the pin when they try it, is that the game is pretty non traditional in it's design and rules. Halloween has alot of "objective" play with focus on modes for it's scoring. Theres alot of dead shots that don't do anything or give you any points at all depending on where you are at the game. Now typically in most games, you hit the ball with the flipper, you are gonna score some points cause there is something the ball will hit that gives you random points, but in Halloween there isn't a ton of stuff on the playfield you hit that is just tossing points at you. You can have moments where your smacking that ball to and from on the field and you see you are getting no points at all. To get the points in this game you got to be triggering and unlocking the modes that really kind of turn on the game. Makes the game more of a thinking game as you really got to be aiming for the objective play, where as random pinball a person picks up you can just be batting that ball back and forth not knowing what is going on, and your score is just building up quick. And again there is the deadshots in some moments in Halloween where suddenly stuff seems to become pointless. This is fine as it makes you think of where the ball needs to be going, but for casual flippers this may see frustrating.

Godzilla has a DEEP ruleset for example, but random person gets on mine and plays, they are seeing constant stuff going on, huge points, everything on the playfield is tossing points and triggering callouts and video clips.

#9380 1 year ago

I think this is true but also…my earnings on Godzilla went down when I brought Halloween in. I’m still pulling full coin trays out so people are definitely attracted to it at least. And I’m assuming it’s not only the good players because not a single soul has got on the board yet haha. Most likely because the lowest score on it is like 180 mil. I’d reset them but…I like to push people to take me down haha

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

From what I've seen with new people to the pin when they try it, is that the game is pretty non traditional in it's design and rules. Halloween has alot of "objective" play with focus on modes for it's scoring. Theres alot of dead shots that don't do anything or give you any points at all depending on where you are at the game. Now typically in most games, you hit the ball with the flipper, you are gonna score some points cause there is something the ball will hit that gives you random points, but in Halloween there isn't a ton of stuff on the playfield you hit that is just tossing points at you. You can have moments where your smacking that ball to and from on the field and you see you are getting no points at all. To get the points in this game you got to be triggering and unlocking the modes that really kind of turn on the game. Makes the game more of a thinking game as you really got to be aiming for the objective play, where as random pinball a person picks up you can just be batting that ball back and forth not knowing what is going on, and your score is just building up quick. And again there is the deadshots in some moments in Halloween where suddenly stuff seems to become pointless. This is fine as it makes you think of where the ball needs to be going, but for casual flippers this may see frustrating.
Godzilla has a DEEP ruleset for example, but random person gets on mine and plays, they are seeing constant stuff going on, huge points, everything on the playfield is tossing points and triggering callouts and video clips.

#9381 1 year ago

Halloween moved up a few spots in the top 100 today. If you guys really want to help with the ranking, you should probably enter your ratings for the BSE and SE too. Those aren't as choked up with reviews from maroons who played the game once at a show and got mad about losing balls in the inlane lifters, so the average can bring the whole grouping up.

#9382 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Most likely because the lowest score on it is like 180 mil. I’d reset them but…I like to push people to take me down haha

C'mon man, reset the scores. My high score is 36 million after 6 weeks of owning. Throw the paying public a bone, and a free credit or two!

#9383 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think this is true but also…my earnings on Godzilla went down when I brought Halloween in. I’m still pulling full coin trays out so people are definitely attracted to it at least. And I’m assuming it’s not only the good players because not a single soul has got on the board yet haha. Most likely because the lowest score on it is like 180 mil. I’d reset them but…I like to push people to take me down haha

Halloween has the new shiny to it, it's a unique cab, theme, and it's sorta more rare than a Godzilla which pretty much every modern location has now.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Halloween moved up a few spots in the top 100 today. If you guys really want to help with the ranking, you should probably enter your ratings for the BSE and SE too. Those aren't as choked up with reviews from maroons who played the game once at a show and got mad about losing balls in the inlane lifters, so the average can bring the whole grouping up.

I will revise my review once new code comes in. Game to me is all high marks, but still lacks in polish in the presentation. If they are updating the videos, adding new animations, and adding to it with the next update then I'm sure my ranking will go up.

#9384 1 year ago

I will revise my review once new code comes in. Game to me is all high marks, but still lacks in polish in the presentation. If they are updating the videos, adding new animations, and adding to it with the next update then I'm sure my ranking will go up.

Same with me. It is up to Spooky to really up their code to a high level before I give my review. Pressures on, Spooky!!! Everything else about the game is high marks for certain.

#9385 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:I will revise my review once new code comes in. Game to me is all high marks, but still lacks in polish in the presentation. If they are updating the videos, adding new animations, and adding to it with the next update then I'm sure my ranking will go up.

Yup, I think it's only fair to leave room in the ratings for this machine to grow. It's not finished yet.

#9386 1 year ago

What do the lights on the pumpkins face indicate? I thought I remember awhile back spooky mentioned what they were for but can't remember.

#9387 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What do the lights on the pumpkins face indicate? I thought I remember awhile back spooky mentioned what they were for but can't remember.

Modes started and completed. For the 6 main ones

#9388 1 year ago

Halloween has the new shiny to it, it's a unique cab, theme, and it's sorta more rare than a Godzilla which pretty much every modern location has now.

Yeah love the layout, theme, etc. Code just needs polish for it to really shine. Animations could use work and they are doing that, but ultimately code is more important to me. I'm optimistic and still happy.

#9389 1 year ago

I went and rated it, came out 8.008 on my scale. Actually was a bit higher than I expected, but there you go. Will re-rate when more stuff is fixed/upgraded.

#9390 1 year ago

Doe's anyone know if you can access the asset files and change them out for other video clips, etc, or is it locked down.

#9391 1 year ago

I’ve been analysing GZ and why it seems so successful/popular.

And that’s the conclusion I’ve come to.

There’s always something happening - voice wise, screen wise - even if you are sucking - very much like a slot machine. I watched a really good doco on slot machines recently which went into the psychological triggers they put into games to keep people playing them even though they’re losing money.

GZ does this also. Maybe not intentionally, but it’s doing the same thing, giving the same triggers. Quite interesting to get into.

What you say is correct … Spooky games are very “focused” in how they dish out points. I watched a decent player play ACNC for 5 minutes, he didn’t know the rules and didn’t start a mode - so he got virtually no points. On a Stern he would have had millions just batting the ball around.

rd

#9392 1 year ago

Finally got around to setting up my butter CE #170 this weekend. So far no hiccups or adjustments needed, hopefully it stays that way.

As suspected, had to remove the topper given the low ceilings in the basement, but gave it a new home atop the modular rig.

Cannot wait to see what the code has to offer down the road. I hit the Don't Fear the Reaper multi-ball this afternoon, and couldn't be a happier camper.

IMG_2615 (resized).jpegIMG_2615 (resized).jpeg7AAB1BDB-570D-457A-A898-BD6A04EF921C (resized).jpg7AAB1BDB-570D-457A-A898-BD6A04EF921C (resized).jpgIMG_2621 (resized).jpegIMG_2621 (resized).jpegIMG_2633 (resized).jpegIMG_2633 (resized).jpeg
#9393 1 year ago

The
Night
Came
Home!

952BD9D7-F5E1-484C-A677-B8BE04A1E39D (resized).jpeg952BD9D7-F5E1-484C-A677-B8BE04A1E39D (resized).jpeg
#9394 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

There’s always something happening - voice wise, screen wise - even if you are sucking - very much like a slot machine. I watched a really good doco on slot machines recently which went into the psychological triggers they put into games to keep people playing them even though they’re losing money. GZ does this also. Maybe not intentionally, but it’s doing the same thing, giving the same triggers. Quite interesting to get into.

I am not seeing this. I've have had plenty of non-pinheads play GZ... they don't get anything started and there's not much going on the screen except "shoot the wamps." Without the two ramps and a scoop shot, there are no modes, and things like Tesla, tanks and bridge take too many shots for newbies to survive.

TBH I see novices stumble into modes on HWN much more often than GZ - the center drops quickly get clobbered by flailing and the ball eventually finds its way into the pumpkin hole (sometimes from a lucky shot to Sanitarium and subsequent drain). They don't finish the modes but at least something's happening.

AIQ is more akin to giving things away; novices will get Thor often and it's easy to spin the wheel to get a mode on Premium games.

#9395 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Finally got around to setting up my butter CE #170 this weekend. So far no hiccups or adjustments needed, hopefully it stays that way.
As suspected, had to remove the topper given the low ceilings in the basement, but gave it a new home atop the modular rig.
Cannot wait to see what the code has to offer down the road. I hit the Don't Fear the Reaper multi-ball this afternoon, and couldn't be a happier camper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your missing some pieces of your topper.

#9396 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Your missing some pieces of your topper.

Thanks! I think they're in the coin box still. Will put it together this week.

#9397 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I watched a really good doco on slot machines recently which went into the psychological triggers they put into games to keep people playing them even though they’re losing money.

Do you remember the name and where you saw it? I'm kinda curious to watch a documentary on slot machine design and the dopamine drip they try to perfect

#9398 1 year ago

NICE RACK !

Quoted from BWT67:

#9399 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You're starting your own pinball rescue sanctuary!

Thunderbirds will finally have a place to go. You're doing god's work.

#9400 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Did you ask for that back glass? That is BSE and base back glass..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/188?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.