IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 340.
#8751 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm BSE so I'm assuming some of the butter CE's are now being finished up.

finnflash What number are you? I went and picked my BSE from Spooky this past Wednesday. Mine was ready on September 1.

#8752 1 year ago
Quoted from shazam78:

finnflash What number are you? I went and picked my BSE from Spooky this past Wednesday. Mine was ready on September 1.

#8753 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They've been shipping the stuff all month. Some members have already received the swag and posted it in the Fang Club thread. They just have a lot of members now, so takes a bit to get them all processed.

Thanks, RC!

#8754 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Anyone else’s wife loving Halloween? My wife has barely touched any of our other pins since March….

My wife loves this pin and Roller coaster tycoon.

#8755 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife loves this pin and Roller coaster tycoon.

Mine has put more games on it than almost all other past games combined. She didn’t understand Godzilla (although put in a good effort) but is having a blast with the House Attack mode. She wants better animations!!! (And guys please re-encode the Hedge multiball clips). She mentioned BOTH of these issues and I hadn’t said a word.

#8756 1 year ago

While I’m making unsolicited suggestions: I really appreciate the “hints” on the backbox since it can be really tough to figure out what to shoot for sometimes - PLEASE make the hints larger onscreen. Kthxbye

#8757 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

PLEASE make the hints larger onscreen.

At this point I think ALL pinball code developers should be forced to sit 5 feet from their desktop monitors while coding the game's UI. It's not just Spooky.. Stern and JJP also like to use 10pt fonts for important info. FFS, the screen is twice as big as the old DMD; make the damn words bigger!

#8758 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

At this point I think ALL pinball code developers should be forced to sit 5 feet from their desktop monitors while coding the game's UI. It's not just Spooky.. Stern and JJP also like to use 10pt fonts for important info. FFS, the screen is twice as big as the old DMD; make the damn words bigger!

LOL! It's not a bad idea. There's a ton of info they are trying to accomodate - I am really impressed with Godzilla's (and come to think of it, Ultraman's) approach to putting the information onscreen. JJP's POTC did a phenomenal job of artistically integrating progress into the screen (although of course their LCD is way larger). But anyway, it's not always clear what I'm shooting for, especially when modes are stacked - so I really appreciate the hints as I'm learning the game, and trying to explain to my wife and now my son (that's a huge shocker) what to shoot for.

#8759 1 year ago

All 3 of my Michael Myers on the left are not working. When I first noticed the problem the middle one was swung all the way out, not returning. But now none of them move. Anyone have any tips that may have ran into this. As far as I can tell each one appears to have a direct connection to the board below. I have a hard time believing all 3 motors are bad. I have emailed support but still waiting and thought I would ask in here.

#8760 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

All 3 of my Michael Myers on the left are not working. When I first noticed the problem the middle one was swung all the way out, not returning. But now none of them move. Anyone have any tips that may have ran into this. As far as I can tell each one appears to have a direct connection to the board below. I have a hard time believing all 3 motors are bad. I have emailed support but still waiting and thought I would ask in here.

Sounds like you have, but fun the wires and make sure all connections are good. Also check the fuses.

#8761 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sounds like you have, but fun the wires and make sure all connections are good. Also check the fuses.

Fuse...That's the weird part about this machine, compared to any other I have worked on. I see no main fuse box anywhere on this machine. Am I missing the location of a fuse box or board with all the fuses?

#8762 1 year ago

Fuse...That's the weird part about this machine, compared to any other I have worked on. I see no main fuse box anywhere on this machine. Am I missing the location of a fuse box or board with all the fuses?

Dunno about pinotaur board in this, but on R&M the fuses were on the board. Check the big red board under the PF for fuses...

EDIT: There are fuses on the board. Looks like the Servos are 3A, Fast blow on the lower right of the board. See illustration below:
Pinotaur-Board-layout-1.pdfPinotaur-Board-layout-1.pdf

#8763 1 year ago

Schematic of the pinotaur is on their website. Looks like a dedicated fuse for the servos. Also check wiring before replacing fuse if needed.

https://new.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Pinotaur-Board-layout-1.pdf

#8764 1 year ago

I got my BSE 1066 today without a scratch on the box. I've only had time for a few games so far, but everything appears to be working and looking good. (It was even inspected by Bug.) The BSE armor really does look phenomenal! It does have an orange peel texture to it and it's very hard to show it off in photos, but in person it really pops with an orange and silver sparkle. It's worth noting that this may also be one of the best looking playfields I have ever seen.

BSE1 (resized).jpgBSE1 (resized).jpgBSE2 (resized).jpgBSE2 (resized).jpg
#8765 1 year ago

Before you go bonkers…check that the connectors are seated properly first. Then find the servo fuse.

#8766 1 year ago

Pretty sure if it was fuse none of the servos would work ( lifters, balcony diverters, ect)
Wouldn’t be Terribly suprised if all the servos were bad been through 4 or 5 on a location machine so far.
There should be some extra servos in goody bag.

#8767 1 year ago

If you are re-buying the same stock Spooky servos you should get these instead. Plug and play, they have metal gears instead of plastic. Much more durable and very cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874JS7BX

Quoted from Exgametrader:

Pretty sure if it was fuse none of the servos would work ( lifters, balcony diverters, ect)
Wouldn’t be Terribly suprised if all the servos were bad been through 4 or 5 on a location machine so far.

#8768 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you are re-buying the same stock Soooky servos you should get these instead. Plug and play, they have metal gears instead of plastic. Much more durable and very cheap.
amazon.com link »

I was just wondering about these, ordered 3.

#8769 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you are re-buying the same stock Soooky servos you should get these instead. Plug and play, they have metal gears instead of plastic. Much more durable and very cheap.
amazon.com link »

I'll have to get a few of these just in case.

No real problems yet, but the first Micheal looks like he's jerking off behind the bush when the game boots up. I think it's kinda funny.

#8770 1 year ago

he is .

Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll have to get a few of these just in case.
No real problems yet, but the first Micheal looks like he's jerking off behind the bush when the game boots up. I think it's kinda funny.

#8771 1 year ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

My machine on location also. I guess it is possible, not like customers are going to tell me the top one is not working ect...and there is at least one spare that came with the machine, I will try giving a shot and look for the fuses to. Use to Stern, JJP, CCG, they all seem to have obvious fuse locations with lights LOL

#8772 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you are re-buying the same stock Spooky servos you should get these instead. Plug and play, they have metal gears instead of plastic. Much more durable and very cheap.
amazon.com link »

Thanks for the link and info

#8773 1 year ago

My machine on location also. I guess it is possible, not like customers are going to tell me the top one is not working ect...and there is at least one spare that came with the machine, I will try giving a shot and look for the fuses to. Use to Stern, JJP, CCG, they all seem to have obvious fuse locations with lights LOL

Ask benheck about the lack of lights to show each fuse has continuity - it's his board Spooky is using.

#8774 1 year ago

Applied SprayMax 2k on my armor and lockdown today. It totally changed the feel of the armor from rough to smooth. And now matches the rest of the machine. It’s not quite dry but you can see the difference.

61BD5A40-8096-4E98-AF99-333DBED1DAB0 (resized).jpeg61BD5A40-8096-4E98-AF99-333DBED1DAB0 (resized).jpegF3E3A77D-19EB-4189-82C4-C1EF9604B82B (resized).jpegF3E3A77D-19EB-4189-82C4-C1EF9604B82B (resized).jpeg
#8775 1 year ago

If you buy a BSE, can you buy the topper and knife shooter and how much?

#8776 1 year ago

Not sold separately

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

#8777 1 year ago

FWIW - There are no holes in the top of the backbox on the BSE.

#8778 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I got my BSE 1066 today without a scratch on the box. I've only had time for a few games so far, but everything appears to be working and looking good.

Congrats man. I know your wait has been long and anxious.

I did my undergrad at Pitt, lived off Boulevard of the Allies on Cato Street. If I’m ever at the old stomping grounds, I’ll hit you up and set the high score.

Haven’t been back to the steel city (for more than a day) since the Pens went back to back. That was a three day party.

#8779 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Congrats man. I know your wait has been long and anxious.

Was it that obvious? haha

Definitely let me know if you're ever up for some games. I think you're the only person I've seen with a crazier wishlist than me. and I actually used to live on blvd and bates!

#8780 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Usually we just ask Spooky DJ to fix it. But this might just be a swap.

Definitely fixable, but I wouldn't want a board that damaged out in the public. The best option in this case is to give us a call and we'll send you a replacement!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

While I’m making unsolicited suggestions: I really appreciate the “hints” on the backbox since it can be really tough to figure out what to shoot for sometimes - PLEASE make the hints larger onscreen. Kthxbye

Quoted from metallik:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL! It's not a bad idea. There's a ton of info they are trying to accomodate - I am really impressed with Godzilla's (and come to think of it, Ultraman's) approach to putting the information onscreen. JJP's POTC did a phenomenal job of artistically integrating progress into the screen (although of course their LCD is way larger). But anyway, it's not always clear what I'm shooting for, especially when modes are stacked - so I really appreciate the hints as I'm learning the game, and trying to explain to my wife and now my son (that's a huge shocker) what to shoot for.

Your suggestions have been heeded!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not sold separately

I believe that's a licensing stipulation. Although we can get you a replacement unit, if your original was damaged or defective somehow.

#8781 1 year ago

Waiting for the new code like....

20220910_104603 (resized).jpg20220910_104603 (resized).jpg
#8782 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Your suggestions have been heeded!

Hopefully it came across as constructive criticism! - I take my wife’s suggestions really seriously since she’s familiar with pinball generally, but she also comes to each game as a novice, having never really seen it before, and it’s been somewhat difficult explaining the rules since the game is so complex (not a bad thing!). She’s loving Halloween

#8783 1 year ago

30ish more days, and some crazy Halloween owners will be leading unsuspecting treaters to their pin. As a former child, if this happened in my area, the word would have spread quickly for blocks around. “There’s a pinball machine and it is based on Halloween movie. And it’s free for everyone to play”.

#8784 1 year ago

Burnt rootbeer anyone? A few prelim shots as the game is absolutely sick in this color...sparkly, goldish brown with lights on. Then ominous deep brown in the dark.

Couldnt be happier!!! Ran out of time to add the EL to pumpkin flipper areas today, but will post complete shots when I finish ( matching the oranges to the backboard leds was a PITA).

Might offer the EL kits if interest is there ( the inverter I use is more commercial in nature so it doesn't melt over time like the plastic cubes)

Machine visuals have officially entered badass ...( for me, anyway)...had to share...

20220909_231709 (resized).jpg20220909_231709 (resized).jpg20220910_112210 (resized).jpg20220910_112210 (resized).jpg20220910_112236 (resized).jpg20220910_112236 (resized).jpg20220910_112335 (resized).jpg20220910_112335 (resized).jpg20220910_112341 (resized).jpg20220910_112341 (resized).jpg20220910_112404 (resized).jpg20220910_112404 (resized).jpg

#8785 1 year ago

Very nice!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Burnt rootbeer anyone? A few prelim shots as the game is absolutely sick in this color...sparkly, goldish brown with lights on. Then ominous deep brown in the dark.
Couldnt be happier!!! Ran out of time to add the EL to pumpkin flipper areas today, but will post complete shots when I finish ( matching the oranges to the backboard leds was a PITA).
Might offer the EL kits if interest is there ( the invertor I use is more commercial in nature so it doesn't melt over time like the plastic cubes)
Machine visuals have officially entered badass ...( for me, anyway)...had to share...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#8786 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Might offer the EL kits if interest is there ( the invertor I use is more commercial in nature so it doesn't melt over time like the plastic cubes)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really good! Are the pumpkin speaker covers only on the CE? I may have to make some of those

#8787 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looks really good! Are the pumpkin speaker covers only on the CE? I may have to make some of those

Yes sir

#8788 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That turned out great! Nice job

#8789 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looks fantastic! I have a stupid question, what is EL?

Also, how hard is it to get the speaker surround off the machine. I’m contemplating changing my powdercoat but I’m worried about that part.

#8790 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Looks fantastic! I have a stupid question, what is EL?
Also, how hard is it to get the speaker surround off the machine. I’m contemplating changing my powdercoat but I’m worried about that part.

EL= electroluminescent...in this case, paper..powered by 108v AC w an inverter. Note the spooky logo...I'll be lighting the pumpkin flipper button areas too, just ran out of time today...gives a nice " glow" to those areas. Think another pinsider in this thread posted his already...

If you're referring to the pumpkin speaker covers, they just come off easy when you take the speakers themselves out.

Overall, pretty straightforward if you take your time...don't think I'd recommend it for someone as a first project though...

#8791 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

EL= electroluminescent...in this case, paper. Note the spooky logo...I'll be lighting the pumpkin flipper button areas too, just ran out of time today...gives a nice " glow" to those areas. Think another pinsider in this thread posted his already...
If you're referring to the pumpkin speaker covers, they just come off easy when you take the speakers themselves out.
Overall, pretty straightforward if you take your time...don't think I'd recommend it for someone as a first project though...

That’s pretty sick. Is it literally just paper that glows?

Sorry, didn’t mean the pumpkin covers but that entire back piece that the speakers, screen, etc. are connected to. The back panel. Is that easy to remove everything off of and then take off the machine?

#8792 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

That’s pretty sick. Is it literally just paper that glows?
Sorry, didn’t mean the pumpkin covers but that entire back piece that the speakers, screen, etc. are connected to. The back panel. Is that easy to remove everything off of and then take off the machine?

Sort of, but a PITA and specific ways to work w it..

The back panel is also just screwed to hinges...just a fair amount of stuff to take off....11/32 nutdriver, take pics, and go at it......slowly...

#8793 1 year ago

24 hours till the top 100 resets. New owners, Get in there and give Halloween a proper review!

#8794 1 year ago

Hello – I am new to both Pinside and pinball machine ownership. Halloween is my second pin, the first is JJP’s GNR LE. Both are a lot of fun, however, I have a few repeat problems with my Halloween I’m trying to figure out. The main issue I’m experiencing is the reset plate on the triple bank drop target keeps getting stuck, as pictured here, where one of the outside teeth on the reset plate gets stuck in the groove on one of the outer targets (usually the left) causing the targets to become unresponsive. This happens quite frequently requiring me to lift the play-field every few games and manually resetting the pieces. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Stuck Drop Targer (resized).jpgStuck Drop Targer (resized).jpg

#8795 1 year ago
Quoted from FattyPinner:

Hello – I am new to both Pinside and pinball machine ownership. Halloween is my second pin, the first is JJP’s GNR LE. Both are a lot of fun, however, I have a few repeat problems with my Halloween I’m trying to figure out. The main issue I’m experiencing is the reset plate on the triple bank drop target keeps getting stuck, as pictured here, where one of the outside teeth on the reset plate gets stuck in the groove on one of the outer targets (usually the left) causing the targets to become unresponsive. This happens quite frequently requiring me to lift the play-field every few games and manually resetting the pieces. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?
[quoted image]

I also consistently have this problem

#8796 1 year ago
Quoted from FattyPinner:

[quoted image]

Does the mechanism move freely up into the coil and back out again when you move it by hand? That's the first test you need to do. If it's not moving freely when you move it by hand with the power off, you need to figure out why.

The coil sleeve may be crimped or damaged somehow, causing drag on the shaft that prevents it from falling back down from gravity when the coil turns off. Also, if the sleeve is ok, perhaps the coil is a little swollen inside, which would also make the shaft not move freely (but this is unlikely as the game is very new and it takes a long time for coils to swell like that).

#8797 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does the mechanism move freely up into the coil and back out again when you move it by hand? That's the first test you need to do. If it's not moving freely when you move it by hand with the power off, you need to figure out why.
The coil sleeve may be crimped or damaged somehow, causing drag on the shaft that prevents it from falling back down from gravity when the coil turns off. Also, if the sleeve is ok, perhaps the coil is a little swollen inside, which would also make the shaft not move freely (but this is unlikely as the game is very new and it takes a long time for coils to swell like that).

It’s not a coil sleeve issue. It has to do with play in the mechanism working the fingers behind the drop targets

#8798 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

It’s not a coil sleeve issue. It has to do with play in the mechanism working the fingers behind the drop targets

So maybe have to shave the fingers or round them at the ends so they don't get hung up? This type of target reset bank is pretty a mature mechanism design. Is this failure a QA problem or a design change from the norm that's causing issues?

#8799 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So maybe have to shave the fingers or round them at the ends so they don't get hung up? This type of target reset bank is pretty a mature mechanism design. Is this failure a QA problem or a design change from the norm that's causing issues?

I haven’t dug into mine yet. I have a lot of issues with my Halloween and I hope to hit them all at once next weekend. Coil itself seems loose on the stops and I’m hoping that will tighten up the slop enough to resolve the issue.

#8800 1 year ago

Halloween CE# 920, You cant hide. Where are you? Come home, wont you!

20220910_204008 (resized).jpg20220910_204008 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/176?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.