20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 339.
#8101 1 year ago

You really should update the code

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Is the latest code more or less buggy than 1.06? I’m still running what was installed when I took delivery. 1.06b I believe.

#8102 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:Is the latest code more or less buggy than 1.06? I’m still running what was installed when I took delivery. 1.06b I believe.

Yes, upgrade. The new code is much more stable than what you are running on now.

#8103 1 year ago

Yes, upgrade. The new code is much more stable than what you are running on now.

#8104 1 year ago

The wait is killing me! Butter 920 coming home, but no release date! Do i go back and play 454 again today?!

#8105 1 year ago

Ok so these NECA figures look STUNNING in the game. Bit hard to stomach chopping a set of $100 figures but it was clearly worth it.

215C9173-2C0C-42A8-803F-E3410C1231BC (resized).jpeg215C9173-2C0C-42A8-803F-E3410C1231BC (resized).jpeg3596B872-081B-4392-85DA-9ECFDF05075C (resized).jpeg3596B872-081B-4392-85DA-9ECFDF05075C (resized).jpeg
#8106 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ok so these NECA figures look STUNNING in the game. Bit hard to stomach chopping a set of $100 figures but it was clearly worth it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The figures are cool but didn't you just block the ball drop to the shooter lane with Loomis?

#8107 1 year ago

I haven’t permanently mounted it yet but I’m gonna cut a scoop out of the body to accommodate the ball or put him in a different place or mount him to the side.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The figures are cool but didn't you just block the ball drop to the shooter lane with Loomis?

#8108 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Neat idea for a mod.

#8109 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I haven’t permanently mounted it yet but I’m gonna cut a scoop out of the body to accommodate the ball or put him in a different place or mount him to the side.

Great idea and placement for your mod if you hallow out for the ball travel. I was tired of having balls periodically careen over that spot on the 2nd level pf (especially when I was finally having a good ball) and either fall back over the knife into the shooter lane or worse yet, into the outlane. I formed a simple guide out of some spring steel so it can only go down the prescribed hole. Loomis looks way better and will achieve the same result.

#8110 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

did anyone come up with a fix for random skill shot missed triggers? Was it just an adjustment for one of the coils?
Thanks

I spoke too soon, played a bunch today and got several instances where my drop target reset was falling back down and scoring free skillshots. I went in and cranked up the drop coil setting up by 5 points, didn't happen again but will need longer term testing as this always been weird. Assume its the middle drop target coil setting, the game has quite a few on that list. At least I think it was more power for the drop reset which someone suggested.....

#8111 1 year ago

The game actually plays better like this imo. For awhile I had installed a rubber there to keep the ball out of that lane. It really is kinda pointless unless it’s used as a specific shot later in code.

Quoted from zebpin61:

Great idea and placement for your mod if you hallow out for the ball travel. I was tired of having balls periodically careen over that spot on the 2nd level pf (especially when I was finally having a good ball) and either fall back over the knife into the shooter lane or worse yet, into the outlane. I formed a simple guide out of some spring steel so it can only go down the prescribed hole. Loomis looks way better and will achieve the same result.

#8112 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey, man. This is sad and my heart goes out to you. Many owners act like since there's is fine all is well, but this title seems to have a lot more issues than usual. Did you buy through a dealer or direct from Spooky? If through a dealer I'd say it's time to ask your dealer to get involved and create some solutions. Good luck and let us know the result.

Don't get me wrong, I agree it sucks if you have problems. I just want people to know there are some games out there with no problems and I was one. Pinball is hard! Hopefully you get resolution.

#8113 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You really should update the code

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Thx. I’ll do it.

#8114 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Don't get me wrong, I agree it sucks if you have problems. I just want people to know there are some games out there with no problems and I was one. Pinball is hard! Hopefully you get resolution.

One more has landed. Fingers crossed I got a good one. 20220819_114413 (resized).jpg20220819_114413 (resized).jpg

#8115 1 year ago

I got it a week ago, but #333 finally made its way upstairs today. I love it!

A2D241B0-F269-4000-9AD0-10A5D014D75D (resized).jpegA2D241B0-F269-4000-9AD0-10A5D014D75D (resized).jpeg

6CC043C4-441F-42FF-850F-125476DB79A1 (resized).jpeg6CC043C4-441F-42FF-850F-125476DB79A1 (resized).jpeg

I’m a HUGE horror fan. So much so that I cohost a weekly horror podcast that’s coming up on 4 years (The Swearwolves).

I even flew to PA last week in order to meet The Horror Master himself. He was awesome! Here’s my cohost and I with Carpenter, in front of the actual car from the movie (I’m the guy in the middle).

14986B9A-D110-4A4A-8BEE-5D6D6B3439AE (resized).jpeg14986B9A-D110-4A4A-8BEE-5D6D6B3439AE (resized).jpeg

#8116 1 year ago
swearwolves (resized).jpgswearwolves (resized).jpg
#8117 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Has anyone else on this forum had the issue of the small solenoid on the Judith Meyers drop target burning up and taking out a transistor on the driver board? This is the second time it’s happened to me in about 2 months. Spooky support has been great as far as sending parts to fix it.
I just want to know if there is a fix in the works so it doesn’t happen a 3rd time after I go through the work of changing everything out.
Thanks

Exact same issue on my game :[

#8118 1 year ago

You know what’s super fun? Going into the next Stern thread and talking about how amazing Halloween actually is haha. Meltdown city over there

#8119 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You know what’s super fun? Going into the next Stern thread and talking about how amazing Halloween actually is haha. Meltdown city over there

I came here to say that I feel bad for every Halloween owner just trying to enjoy their game while some people troll every other thread. It's not endearing.

#8120 1 year ago

Thanks for stopping by and being so thoughtful. You’re a very nice man to worry so deeply about people’s opinions on the Internet forums. May god bless your pure and innocent heart.

Quoted from Waxx:

I came here to say that I feel bad for every Halloween owner just trying to enjoy their game while some people troll every other thread. It's not endearing.

#8121 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Chances of me stealing this are strong.

#8122 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

All I know is a motherfucking hand holding a knife stabs the game while the frantic modes, creepy ass music and bad ass light show are going on. And sometimes I get to see tits.

I'm not "just trying to enjoy" my game. I'm fucking loving it.

#8123 1 year ago

Steal away my good sir! These figures with Vimtoman ’s house mod is gonna be BONKERS.

Quoted from MegaFeenix:

#8124 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Seriously. I would NEVER. IN. A MILLION. YEARS. Pay $75 for 2 action figures. But make them pinball mods, and BAM! "It's a steal, Barbara!"

#8125 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Please elaborate. Why is the "next Stern" thread melting down? I'm not following what you mean

#8126 1 year ago

Hi all! My wife and I recently created a Halloween Clothesline Mod for the game! If anyone is interested, please PM me. I did create a thread with pictures on the All Modding section as well. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post any pictures of it on here, didn't want Michael to come after me.

Cheers!

#8127 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Hi all! My wife and I recently created a Halloween Clothesline Mod for the game! If anyone is interested, please PM me. I did create a thread with pictures on the All Modding section as well. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post any pictures of it on here, didn't want Michael to come after me.
Cheers!

Post away!

#8128 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seriously. I would NEVER. IN. A MILLION. YEARS. Pay $75 for 2 action figures. But make them pinball mods, and BAM! "It's a steal, Barbara!"

Your not wrong. I can’t really explain the madness.

#8129 1 year ago

Just the typical deluge of Stern shills who lose their shit when you mention the offerings of competitors. And a whole lot of “Halloween is garbage even though I’ve only played it once for 5 minutes and didn’t understand the rules and then I went on pinside to tell every single human being about my uneducated blind hatred for one of the best games made in the last ten years” haha

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Please elaborate. Why is the "next Stern" thread melting down? I'm not following what you mean

#8130 1 year ago

Post itttttt!

Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Cheers!

#8131 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Saw these in the mall for $60 and passed on them. I like the Loomis/position. Not sure it needs another Michael.

#8132 1 year ago

Thanks for the support here are a few pics!

3A5DF7BD-C29D-4C75-BADC-8ED6B51D9113 (resized).jpeg3A5DF7BD-C29D-4C75-BADC-8ED6B51D9113 (resized).jpeg47463DB3-D080-4090-85F9-22456232C9E5 (resized).jpeg47463DB3-D080-4090-85F9-22456232C9E5 (resized).jpeg6BEF8FD7-E69D-4362-8740-FF308C8B1319 (resized).jpeg6BEF8FD7-E69D-4362-8740-FF308C8B1319 (resized).jpegA862EAB9-C790-4294-9AD8-89E4C85944E5 (resized).jpegA862EAB9-C790-4294-9AD8-89E4C85944E5 (resized).jpegBF02D61F-1C8C-4339-8DD1-58B9AB48F415 (resized).jpegBF02D61F-1C8C-4339-8DD1-58B9AB48F415 (resized).jpegD54428D2-88A1-45F9-ACFE-63B4F37AD069 (resized).jpegD54428D2-88A1-45F9-ACFE-63B4F37AD069 (resized).jpeg
#8134 1 year ago

Worth it for the Loomis alone. I can definitely understand the Michael overkill concern but I actually find that adding a big Michael in the center kinda takes away from the odd-ness of already having three at the hedges. So, now…he’s just kinda everywhere haha.

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Saw these in the mall for $60 and passed on them. I like the Loomis/position. Not sure it needs another Michael.

#8135 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Worth it for the Loomis alone. I can definitely understand the Michael overkill concern but I actually find that adding a big Michael in the center kinda takes away from the odd-ness of already having three at the hedges. So, now…he’s just kinda everywhere haha.

I'm starting to maybe think of possibly making a mod that would be bat-shit awesome. If I can only find the time. It will be killer though.

#8136 1 year ago

I would never in a million years collect any items Halloween related... oh wait... I do!

Halloween DF60 (resized).jpgHalloween DF60 (resized).jpg
#8137 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just the typical deluge of Stern shills who lose their shit when you mention the offerings of competitors. And a whole lot of “Halloween is garbage even though I’ve only played it once for 5 minutes and didn’t understand the rules and then I went on pinside to tell every single human being about my uneducated blind hatred for one of the best games made in the last ten years” haha

Oh, shoot. You’re late to the party, I’ve been getting that since Houdini and the Multimorphic P3

#8138 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I would never in a million years collect any items Halloween related... oh wait... I do!
[quoted image]

Da-YUM.

#8139 1 year ago
Quoted from delawarejason:

I keep reading about Spooky's excellent customer service and wanted to share my experience with this game...
When my game arrive it had no plaque, would not launch a ball when the game began, and had some other minor issues. After a few calls to AJ, to his credit, mailed me a new CPU and new board (Pinotaur). SUPER!
Now the game tilts randomly, the left elevator raises and falls all game, and a few lights are out, most notable is the Jack-O-Lantern. I am fairly new at the pinball world so I asked if a tech in the area would be an option to take a deeper dive into the machine and they refused to pay. The tech is currently contracting with Spooky for Halloween game that was also experience major issues near me but won't extend that offer to me. They said I could ship it back to them at my expense but that's another $600 and the game is less than four months old.
I called and left four messages this week for AJ and Morgan and did not receive a call back.
It seems they have, historically, had a pretty good track record with customer service but I can't say I am seeing that. I know the game is dropping like a rock in the rankings and I think it's largely due to the issues we are seeing on the forums and others that are having a similar experience as me. I was super pumped to get this game but now I can't even get it working to sell. It's been a very disappointing first experience with Spooky.

It has taken me 4 months for me to repair many issues. Your pumpkin bulb can be bad, buy the smallest version of bulb and see if it lights. If the bulb in pumpkin is bad take needle nose pliers and 1/2" drill bit and clean out all glass and glue, notch out back of pumpkin to clear screw and take double sided tape then double it around metal part of bulb. Now you're a Pinball Technician!

#8140 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

a whole lot of “Halloween is garbage even though I’ve only played it once for 5 minutes and didn’t understand the rules and then I went on pinside to tell every single human being about my uneducated blind hatred for one of the best games made in the last ten years” haha

lyin (resized).jpglyin (resized).jpg
#8141 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

All I know is a motherfucking hand holding a knife stabs the game while the frantic modes, creepy ass music and bad ass light show are going on. And sometimes I get to see tits.
I'm not "just trying to enjoy" my game. I'm fucking loving it.

Bingo!!!!

#8142 1 year ago

I learned not to be loyal to particular brand years ago. You can enjoy them all. When you don't you're just missing out on other good things. Less you are working for a company all my job is as a consumer is consume and enjoy.

#8143 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

I learned not to be loyal to particular brand years ago. You can enjoy them all. When you don't you're just missing out on other good things. Less you are working for a company all my job is as a consumer is consume and enjoy.

This is why I hold out hope for Spinal Tap, even though the first time I played Thunderbirds (knowing nothing about it) I declared "There's something reeeeally off with this game."

Trolling is self-serving. Crapping on other games is self serving. I myself am just trying to stick with the "self serving" of enjoying pinball, wherever it may be.

#8144 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

Its silly as all you see if folks trashing every other brand. So many folks swearing about how bad anything Stern is, the cost cutting, and constant problems and lack of support/service. You got folks going all in on Pinball Brothers for continued bad code issues on Alien and other product problems that seem to plague that release. Everyone seems to have issues, and i mean pinball in general is prone to have problems with how hand assembled it all is, so many moving parts and areas of failure in machines that I don't think anyone is immune to problems with machines.

#8145 1 year ago

This is very reasonable. Tooooo reasonable even.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Its silly as all you see if folks trashing every other brand. So many folks swearing about how bad anything Stern is, the cost cutting, and constant problems and lack of support/service. You got folks going all in on Pinball Brothers for continued bad code issues on Alien and other product problems that seem to plague that release. Everyone seems to have issues, and i mean pinball in general is prone to have problems with how hand assembled it all is, so many moving parts and areas of failure in machines that I don't think anyone is immune to problems with machines.

#8146 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is very reasonable. Tooooo reasonable even.

I had a problem with my Toyota once, I was disgusted

#8147 1 year ago

A buddy of mine bought this rug for me. I dig it!

EE5F80AB-3731-4C31-8539-92F175D3D08C (resized).jpegEE5F80AB-3731-4C31-8539-92F175D3D08C (resized).jpeg

7AC3E396-880E-4874-BE54-D5616340054B (resized).jpeg7AC3E396-880E-4874-BE54-D5616340054B (resized).jpeg

#8148 1 year ago

Butter No butter e-mail today for #1197

#8149 1 year ago

Butter or no butter today. SE 1216. Looks like it’s close to the end of the line.

#8150 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Butter or no butter today. SE 1216. Looks like it’s close to the end of the line.

Wow, yeah they are moving fast

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/163?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.