20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 339.
#701 2 years ago

Update just bricked on our local machine

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Update just bricked on our local machine

Mine to.

David Fawcett sent me an email with original image. Re-installed image to original running condition and when I re-isntalled todays update it bricked again..lol

#703 2 years ago

Here’s the video of young clown Michael.

#704 2 years ago

WARNING ADULT MODE. 1 more video. Linda and Bob with House multiball. She doesn’t finish L&B. It show the video assets have greatly improved! Also, there’s more to do in L&B than just hitting the center ramp…you have to get it up the upper ramp in the house.

A cleaner video of the classic line Linda says. Couldn’t really hear it in the first video

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

WARNING ADULT MODE. 1 more video. Linda and Bob with House multiball. She doesn’t finish L&B. It show the video assets have greatly improved! Also, there’s more to do in L&B than just hitting the center ramp…you have to get it up the upper ramp in the house.

That’s good to hear. Just hitting one shot for a mode isn’t very interesting. Waiting for my game without watching any clips.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When does that happen? So happy that’s in there.

#707 2 years ago

Game just keeps getting better and better IMO. Gonna be a long wait until #786 but I am so stoked to get this game. My other two games are titles routinely sh*t on by Pinside (Munsters and STh) but my family and I love them. Halloween will fit in nicely!

And if anyone with a deposit on a CE with Nitro wants more time to get their funds together I would be happy to swap to an earlier number.

#708 2 years ago

Hell yeah now that is a clip spooky SpookyLuke

Quoted from dnapac:

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:When does that happen? So happy that’s in there.

When you hit the super skill shot. (Maybe the skill shot too…not sure on that one.

#710 2 years ago

Laid back with feet up !! Huge update but still just a toddler .Like I’ve said from the beginning …”Let Spooky do they’re thing .”This pin will be unlike anything out there .I’ve yet to play a pin with “suspense” at the helm (except the first code)and this will shake the hobby when complete .Happy Halloween to All let’s pass out some candy and await the night He ……..

#711 2 years ago

Reimaged multiple times and redid code multiple times. Keeps bricking after update.

#712 2 years ago

So now do I update and risk it or do it because its Halloween

#713 2 years ago

Yes

Quoted from Magicchiz:

So now do I update and risk it or do it because its Halloween

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

A cleaner video of the classic line Linda says. Couldn’t really hear it in the first video

Awesome thanks so much for uploading - looks like there are already a tonne more clips now, I don't think anyone can complain there won't be enough.

I'm actually really liking some of the smaller things they are sneaking in - like the knife indicators at the bottom of the screen. Do they indicate the number of shots left to complete a mode? Little things like that just make everything much clearer.

Once again- keep up the excellent work Spooky!

#715 2 years ago

Oh, one more thing I noticed that some have wanted. If you hit the Judith Myers target (not sure how many times) you get a quick video clip of the view of her in her bedroom through Michael’s clown mask. They really added a ton of video assets, callouts, and some new rules/tasks. Thanks Spooky/Fawzma!

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Hell yeah now that is a clip spooky SpookyLuke

We are getting there! It really makes us happy to see you guys excited about this stuff! We still have another YEAR of updates. Also we have even more approved clips that are not in the game yet! Code takes time and we are working and hiring to be farther ahead on it in the future. We are always going to come through for you guys at the end of the day!

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Laid back with feet up !! Huge update but still just a toddler .Like I’ve said from the beginning …”Let Spooky do they’re thing .”This pin will be unlike anything out there .I’ve yet to play a pin with “suspense” at the helm (except the first code)and this will shake the hobby when complete .Happy Halloween to All let’s pass out some candy and await the night He ……..

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are getting there! It really makes us happy to see you guys excited about this stuff! We still have another YEAR of updates. Also we have even more approved clips that are not in the game yet! Code takes time and we are working and hiring to be farther ahead on it in the future. We are always going to come through for you guys at the end of the day!

Great to hear! This is my first Spooky title and it looks like i made a solid choice. Great work so far. Keep it up. #955 can’t come soon enough.

#719 2 years ago

This is in no way a negative post, I think the updates are absolutely fantastic so far - but if there's one thing I could offer up as a suggestion, it would be to have some indication on screen, or to transition the video clips to show which mode they relate to, and maybe what stage they are at. There's a section in dnapac's video where house mode and B&L mode are running and clips are playing for both modes one after the other. It just seems a little muddled, so would be good to see some additional indication of which vid belonged to which mode/stage. I think that will polish up the video presentation quite nicely.

I really don't know the best way to do that, maybe a quick animation/splash screen before or after the clip, or something overlayed but not too intrusive to the video (eg, "House Complete!!!")...? Hmmm yeah, don't know - but I'm sure the Spooky geniuses can figure something out.

Getting really excited for this game now.

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This is in no way a negative post, I think the updates are absolutely fantastic so far - but if there's one thing I could offer up as a suggestion, it would be to have some indication on screen, or to transition the video clips to show which mode they relate to, and maybe what stage they are at. There's a section in dnapac's video where house mode and B&L mode are running and clips are playing for both modes one after the other. It just seems a little muddled, so would be good to see some additional indication of which vid belonged to which mode/stage. I think that will polish up the video presentation quite nicely.
I really don't know the best way to do that, maybe a quick animation/splash screen before or after the clip, or something overlayed but not too intrusive to the video (eg, "House Complete!!!")...? Hmmm yeah, don't know - but I'm sure the Spooky geniuses can figure something out.
Getting really excited for this game now.

We were actually experimenting with exactly that this week but ended up taking it out for now because we didn't feel it looked as good as it needs to. We are working on more on screen guidance for sure but just trying to make sure it looks great as well! Totally agree with ya!

#721 2 years ago

I hope all of you know how much we appreciate the interaction with us and this whole story .By the way ,What does Spooky employees give out for Halloween ? We went with the small chocolate mix and airheads (so ashamed).Next year this pin will be set up in the garage for all to enjoy I promise that .

#722 2 years ago

Ready for handing out candy in style!
Happy Halloween!

B37B7EAD-1064-496C-BF4F-6EA88D76BEBC (resized).jpegB37B7EAD-1064-496C-BF4F-6EA88D76BEBC (resized).jpeg
#723 2 years ago

By the way ,We made sure Spooky’s presence was felt at Expo lmao

1D54DEF2-4FCA-4B94-BB23-D6471EE6F224 (resized).jpeg1D54DEF2-4FCA-4B94-BB23-D6471EE6F224 (resized).jpeg
#724 2 years ago

This is one reason why Spooky is such an awesome pinball company. They release new code and immediately go to a main pinball site/thread to see how it’s liked, or what needs to be addressed. Then actively interact with the masses. True commitment and a true passion to make the best experience for the customer. And, it’s a weekend, after hours, and a Holiday. Thanks @spookyluke!

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This is one reason why Spooky is such an awesome pinball company. They release new code and immediately go to a main pinball site/thread to see how it’s liked, or what needs to be addressed. Then actively interact with the masses. True commitment and a true passion to make the best experience for the customer. And, it’s a weekend, after hours, and a Holiday. Thanks SpookyLuke!

Well put buddy !

#726 2 years ago

I'm happy there has been so much drama about the code thus far b/c it allowed me to sneak in and get a good deal to get this game even earlier. People are sleeping on this game but it will do well and people will come back. The art alone is just so gorgeous in person that I'm even going butter and I always think butter is a waste. I just need that art to look as good as possible.

Also, as for Kaneda, he talks a lot. Sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong. In this case, he was pointing out the flaws in halloween, some were correct and some were overexaggerated. He doesn't "get" halloween though which is why I don't put any weight into what he says. In other areas, I do very much the opposite b/c he does get it. Halloween - not so much!

Remember - you decide.

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Reimaged multiple times and redid code multiple times. Keeps bricking after update.

Yep, me to.

#728 2 years ago

I had trouble with a 1gb USB dive. Switching to a 32gb helped also make sure it is formatted correctly and that you are properly ejecting it from your PC.

#729 2 years ago

i have tried this twice and after restarting game with usb in it does nothing... doesnt update just boots normally.

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

i have tried this twice and after restarting game with usb in it does nothing... doesnt update just boots normally.

nevermind all good now

#731 2 years ago

Ball also getting stuck here several times. Any ideas ?

B4394DBB-2B45-46A6-A267-9231A48DD2D8 (resized).jpegB4394DBB-2B45-46A6-A267-9231A48DD2D8 (resized).jpeg
#732 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

[quoted image]

Adjust game pitch. Adjust switch.

#733 2 years ago

Where are you guys getting the code update from? On Spooky's support page it still lists "Code Update V1.01" which is the previous one.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Where are you guys getting the code update from? On Spooky's support page it still lists "Code Update V1.01" which is the previous one.

There Facebook page had it posted..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1ejyduH9eE3Fnq4zm6dJgDjtkWRxJY_/view

#735 2 years ago

Hedge multiball and new speach.

#736 2 years ago

On 1.02 and this happened after I drained and remained on all screens.

34639250-1422-4D9A-A99D-71F7C6E9670D (resized).jpeg34639250-1422-4D9A-A99D-71F7C6E9670D (resized).jpeg
#737 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The game is really starting to come alive now! What's with the (looks like water) drops falling in the display along with the "glass cracking" animations appearing - I didn't see those before? Looks like a lot of neat little features are being added.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hedge multiball and new speech.

'He's gonna get you!' So cool!

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Kaneda, love him or hate him brought up an interesting point that would be interesting to know, Why isn't Spooky's past talent working on this pin?
David Van Es? Animations
Scott Danesi? Music and lighting
Bowen Kerins? Code
Seems like they are the ones that should be doing this pin since its Spooky's best and most expensive pin.....
He seems to think this pin is doomed because code and animations will never be great...I hope Spooky proves him wrong...

Van Ness is the one I've been wondering about. I remember podcasts from a year or two ago where it was shared that he was the designer of spooky's next game. Then this one comes out and I don't believe he's even been named as a member of the group that collectively designed it.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So I like that they put the speech from the kids boogey man scene in there - as the game def needs more speech but it seems to be on repeat quite often in that video and could get annoying. So new speech is def a plus - just don’t want it repeating constantly during the same mode.

Also what is up with that transition video before mb? It cuts off way too early - I can’t imagine spooky not cleaning that up but is now Been there during the last two code updates

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

BOTH are manufacturing Pinball Machines.
BOTH are developing Machines while manufacturing others.
But, yeah. Nothing at all in common.

Spooky does one pin about every year and a half. Stern does four. Yes they are pinball manufacturers, but Stern is a huge producer. So no you can’t really compare them. That would be like comparing GM to Yugo back in the day. They both make cars, but comparison ended.

If your only doing one pin they definitely can use one animator or coder, especially the ones who worked on R&M. Some people just have to disagree just to disagree. One is a massive apple and the other is barely grown. Stern in one year has released more pins than Spooky has done since they began. I am not counting The Jetsons.

So far the animations have been average at best. I have a CE ordered so I have skin in the game.

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

[quoted image]

On the inside of your coin door you should see a service email and phone number

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Van Ness is the one I've been wondering about. I remember podcasts from a year or two ago where it was shared that he was the designer of spooky's next game. Then this one comes out and I don't believe he's even been named as a member of the group that collectively designed it.

And the weird thing is, he is the one bringing Halloween to the Houston Pinball expo..

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

(Pretty sure Bowen worked rules on R&M and left the code to Eric)

- Bowen is giving a casual hand w/o credit on the rules with these games, b/c he is a great guy and wants Spooky to succeed.
<end rant>

To clarify two things: first, the description of R&M is just about right on. Eric, besides writing 100% of the code, worked very closely with me and wrote many of the rules. He is outstanding, detail-oriented, fast, accurate, and he knows how to make pinball fun. Eric is a huge reason why Rick & Morty is a great pinball machine.

Second, I no longer work with Spooky Pinball. The first time I saw the layout, the art, and the rules for Halloween and Ultraman was the first time you saw it, publicly. After it was revealed, I gave Spooky some advice on what they could or should do with these games, based on video. I have not played either game at all, and I have not seen my suggestions implemented.

What they do with my advice is entirely their decision. I am not involved in any way. That is not what I would have preferred, but that is what they chose.

I will always root for Spooky to succeed, and I am grateful for the opportunity that Charlie and the rest of the Spooky team gave me to work with them on Alice Cooper and Rick & Morty.

#745 2 years ago

That’s a real shame as I’m sure with your experience it would have been a positive thing for the games.

Second, I no longer work with Spooky Pinball. The first time I saw the layout, the art, and the rules for Halloween and Ultraman was the first time you saw it, publicly. After it was revealed, I gave Spooky some advice on what they could or should do with these games, based on video. I have not played either game at all, and I have not seen my suggestions implemented.
What they do with my advice is entirely their decision. I am not involved in any way. That is not what I would have preferred, but that is what they chose

That’s a real shame as I’m sure with your experience it would have been a positive thing for the games.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I am not involved in any way. That is not what I would have preferred, but that is what they chose.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

To clarify two things: first, the description of R&M is just about right on. Eric, besides writing 100% of the code, worked very closely with me and wrote many of the rules. He is outstanding, detail-oriented, fast, accurate, and he knows how to make pinball fun. Eric is a huge reason why Rick & Morty is a great pinball machine.
What they do with my advice is entirely their decision. I am not involved in any way. That is not what I would have preferred, but that is what they chose.
I will always root for Spooky to succeed, and I am grateful for the opportunity that Charlie and the rest of the Spooky team gave me to work with them on Alice Cooper and Rick & Morty.

such a shame as you are such a asset to this hobby with all your knowledge. These games as crying for your expertise on code. I truly hope Spooky listens to your advice.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spooky shared that Bowen was consulting on rules.

Quoted from bkerins:

I no longer work with Spooky Pinball. The first time I saw the layout, the art, and the rules for Halloween and Ultraman was the first time you saw it, publicly. After it was revealed, I gave Spooky some advice on what they could or should do with these games, based on video. I have not played either game at all, and I have not seen my suggestions implemented.

I would now go back to my main concern I listed(after praising what seems good about the game.) So clearly, Bowen is not involved with rules, etc. and this is the part that I wonder about. I have no doubt that the crew at Spooky intend to make this the best game ever. Halloween has many great things going for it so far. But rules and code, to me, matter so much. It’s a matter of personal choice, but the games I like have rulesets designed by world class pinball players and coders with years of experience as competitive players and/or coders(Keefer, Elwin, Lyman, etc.). Games come out and maybe early on the code isn’t fully realized but you can maybe see a framework being laid out that inspires and a trust in the people doing the work based on their prior success in developing rulesets and code. It’s a shame that someone like Bowen isn’t involved in my opinion. I’ve played Rick and Morty on location and the rules and modes seem quite good, deep enough and fun. This doesn’t mean that the new people working on rules for Halloween won’t make it great. There just isn’t much to go on to feel optimistic about that aspect. It’s just an unknown. I love that Spooky reads these comments and it’s a testament to what good people they are, bravo.

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Kind of a dumb question.
Like asking why Elwin didn't work on Led Zeppelin?

Such a dumb question huh? Bowen is even questioning the decision...

I haven't had a chance to play the new code because like others the update is bricking my machine.

However the videos shared is promising.

There is no doubt this will be a good pin...I would love it to be considered a top 25 pin though..

I will continue to support Spooky financially because TNA 2.0 is a for sure buy for me. I just hope they invest in people talent also.

I get the promote within that companies do but I hope they don't put blinders on in this area and seek some track proven talent.

#750 2 years ago

Called Customer Service about my issues, and AJ was responsive and helpful. I think my drop Target issues were a combination of wingnut/bolts that had fallen out of place, and a loose connector (someone here suggested that too.) I bent the metal guide where I was getting a ball stuck on the house playfield. I think this has fixed that, but still not 100 percent.

I also just updated the code to the one posted last night without issue.

I am a pinball fan turned recent hobbiest. This is my first NIB machine, and only my second total machine. I am having a blast with it so far. No regrets here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/15?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.