20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 339.
#7901 1 year ago

I am the original owner of Halloween #143 CE

I sent an email request to spooky so I'll see if I get a response.

#7902 1 year ago

I have had no QC issues (#168) with my Halloween thus far, design issues yes but not QC.

I’ve had to make a lot of adjustments to dial my game in but that has been much less tedious than my Godzilla.

#7903 1 year ago

I’m about 24hrs away from being in the club. Excited to pick it up!

#7904 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Buy a can of this on Amazon. It is pretty nasty stuff so take care when using it. The product spays very well. I did 3 coats about 25 minutes apart. Used about 3/4ths of the can on just the side armor and the lockbar.
[quoted image]

So I have no issues yet but after seeing some of these pics I rather not take a chance so how exactly are you guys applying this and if it were to hit my butter cab would that damage? Covering my cab/armor is perfect I rather not cause damage so any help would be appreciated

#7905 1 year ago

Yep, I paid for the replacement armor as I was not the original owner.

Quoted from jk2171:

The warranty on the powder coating apparently only applies to the original owner. This is what Morgan at Spooky told me after inquired. Caught me a tad off-guard as they have been excellent on other issues, and have sent me numerous parts under warranty.

#7906 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I have no issues yet but after seeing some of these pics I rather not take a chance so how exactly are you guys applying this and if it were to hit my butter cab would that damage? Covering my cab/armor is perfect I rather not cause damage so any help would be appreciated

My butter cab is so gorgeous I couldn't do the spray without taking it off first. Hopefully I have no issues but I'm the original owner and have zero intention of selling this gem.

#7907 1 year ago

I asked if Ultraman is having PC issues, and it appears not.

#7908 1 year ago

Only metallic vein powder has this issue.

Quoted from Roostking:

I asked if Ultraman is having PC issues, and it appears not.

#7909 1 year ago

Bringing this over from the modders thread. Ill look into this after delivery if
I have issues.

59f04839ec89e7a6e563e1f428c7724d8dcdbfc2 (resized).jpg59f04839ec89e7a6e563e1f428c7724d8dcdbfc2 (resized).jpg
#7910 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Only metallic vein powder has this issue.

Yeah, my Rick n Morty went to Pincinnati and the purple powdercoat still looks fine.

My RZ does have some wear showing, although it's not as pronounced as HWN. It's been to two Pincinnatis.

rz (resized).pngrz (resized).png

Do the BSE's get the sparkly stuff on the armor that the CE pumpkin speaker panels have? If so I might want to trade up to that, assuming it is immune to rubbing off.

#7911 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

From what I understand about R&M, the entity that holds the license changed…thus all the agreements Spooky had with the original holder changed. Out of Spooky’s hands.

Were these agreements not contracts?

#7912 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Were these agreements not contracts?

When something is sold, contracts are many times null and void. I don’t know the specifics, but that’s how it goes. The new owner doesn’t always buy the old contracts, just the item itself, and the other end user is on the line to negotiate with the new owner…at least, that’s how I understand it…it can be very complex.

#7913 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When something is sold, contracts are many times null and void. I don’t know the specifics, but that’s how it goes. The new owner doesn’t always buy the old contracts, just the item itself, and the other end user is on the line to negotiate with the new owner…at least, that’s how I understand it…it can be very complex.

Seems a bit strange - It looks like the reorg of Turner Broadcasting that bought Adult Swim to Warner Bros was announced in March 4, 2019. Well before the December 2019 R&M pinball reveal and Rick and Morty went to market. At that point Spooky was selling them and saying that content would be coming from future seasons. When would the contract have changed relative to the Turner Broadcasting reshuffle?

#7914 1 year ago

Unsure if this pin would fit in my basement with the topper in full motion. Does anyone have a measurement of the height with the topper at top dead center? Thanks!

#7915 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems a bit strange - It looks like the reorg of Turner Broadcasting that bought Adult Swim to Warner Bros was announced in March 4, 2019. Well before the December 2019 R&M pinball reveal and Rick and Morty went to market. At that point Spooky was selling them and saying that content would be coming from future seasons. When would the contract have changed relative to the Turner Broadcasting reshuffle?

I don't think the merger was actually realized until May of 2022

#7916 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m not privy to Spooky inner workings. I’m also not business major. The above was just how I understood the general situation. Bottom line, I’ve never known Spooky to be deceitful. If anything, they go out of their way to be honest and make things right. But, since we aren’t inner circle at Spooky, sometimes we, as pinheads, just don’t know.

#7917 1 year ago

No way to know the full details of a licensing contract guys, there is so many variations of how these contracts play out, especially for limited edition items, you are going to have a very different type of licensing agreement than some mass produced product. It's not uncommon that licenses are revoked, changed, or not as iron tight for smaller deals. Happens in gaming all the time especially, new licensor comes along and just outright doesn't honor old contracts for various reasons, or there is outs in original contracts that don't cover a sale/merger. Licensors also often have clauses that let them essentially do as they please.

The other issue with licensed products is that content often needs IP holder approval, so even if the license may say one thing, at any time the license holder could for example be like "nah, you can't do that"

#7918 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Here's an example of the video compression I was talking about. This is a screen shot of the very first moment the video comes on. It happens every single time this (and several) scenes come on screen. It quickly sharpens up in the next few frames, but seems needless.
[quoted image]

I wonder if this has to do with the quality of the clips or some problem with certain transitions? Cause yea all the hedge clips to me do this at the start and then clear up a bit. While other clips play fine without this happening, like bunch of the pumpkin mode clips load up and look nice and crisp such as the fight, chase, etc. But also like when the pumpkin mode select animation pop ups, it looks rough when it loads up, so does the blood store.

Not sure if they need to update some of the clips with higher def or some software issue in some transitions

#7919 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Bringing this over from the modders thread. Ill look into this after delivery if
I have issues.
[quoted image]

That is pretty darn cool but going to be expensive. Those colors are two different powders.

#7920 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is pretty darn cool but going to be expensive. Those colors are two different powders.

Yeah if I need to I'm gonna try that click on everyone else's going right at 1st for sure. But I think that those fingerprints showing up later on down the road?

#7921 1 year ago

BSE #1049 Butter email received last week! Not going with the butter cabinet as I just cannot justify the extra cost. This is a dream theme for me, but before playing the game at Allentown Pinfest, I was on the fence whether I was going to maintain my pre-order after seeing the reviews and issues. After playing it, my gf and I both decided that we enjoyed the game for sure and we are looking forward to the next year of potential code updates, which in my eyes are definitely needed. Sure the playfield is a bit quirky but that’s part of its charm! With that being said, this game won’t ever be a tournament game, and in truth, it doesn’t need to be. Not every game is for everyone. I believe this game will be enjoyed most at home with the lights out! I’m hoping the animations get the love they truly deserve in future updates. I have not looked at the work the new animators have done on Ultraman but I intend to. SpookyLuke SpookyBug , when I get my game, I will be diving into the code more and seeing if there are any suggestions I can make. I’d love to help in any way possible!! Still praying to see something along the lines of the Massacre Multiball wizard mode I sent to you guys!!! I’d imagine if my invoice is being sent this week that I would potentially have it within the next month? Hoping this game will stand the test of time and be bolted to my floor! I had the same hopes with Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle and unfortunately it just didn’t make the cut. Will this be the first of my dream themes to come home and leave? Or will she become legendary and be bolted?! TIME WILL TELL MY FRIENDS!!

#7922 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do the BSE's get the sparkly stuff on the armor that the CE pumpkin speaker panels have? If so I might want to trade up to that, assuming it is immune to rubbing off.

Yes, one of the reasons I went with the BSE

#7923 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, one of the reasons I went with the BSE

Same here. Was gonna go standard until I saw that sweet powder. Plus the blades and extras were all worth it, too.

#7924 1 year ago

Just got this machine and love it. One issue I've encountered is that I often hit the side of the pumpkin scoop and the ball flies off and ends up landing by the knife in the plunger lane. Anyone else have this problem? Also I noticed some circuits exposed by the Judith Myer lane (see pic) is everyone else's look like that or am I missing something there?

IMG_20220812_211535 (resized).jpgIMG_20220812_211535 (resized).jpg
#7925 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Unsure if this pin would fit in my basement with the topper in full motion. Does anyone have a measurement of the height with the topper at top dead center? Thanks!

You’ll need 86 inches of clearance with topper. Backbox sits a smidge shorter than a Stern.

62896F28-B44D-4161-ACB8-FFEE09FB3654 (resized).jpeg62896F28-B44D-4161-ACB8-FFEE09FB3654 (resized).jpeg7C498D38-F46D-40C2-8DA6-39C95EE505C5 (resized).jpeg7C498D38-F46D-40C2-8DA6-39C95EE505C5 (resized).jpeg

#7926 1 year ago

I noticed some circuits exposed by the Judith Myer lane (see pic) is everyone else's look like that or am I missing something there?
[quoted image]

Mine is the same…..

#7927 1 year ago
Quoted from pseudonimh:

Just got this machine and love it. One issue I've encountered is that I often hit the side of the pumpkin scoop and the ball flies off and ends up landing by the knife in the plunger lane. Anyone else have this problem? Also I noticed some circuits exposed by the Judith Myer lane (see pic) is everyone else's look like that or am I missing something there?
[quoted image]

I get quite a few rejects like that if the shot isn't centered and if it's to the left of the scoop it will fly off and hit the knife then either end up in the outlane or shooter lane.

#7928 1 year ago

Those are optos.

#7929 1 year ago
Quoted from pseudonimh:

[quoted image]

That's a pair of optos (optical switches) so the game can tell if a ball is held behind the raised drop target.

RM

HWN Opto (resized).jpgHWN Opto (resized).jpg
#7930 1 year ago

I think a piece of tape should be applied to avoid a ball striking the solder side of the opto.

#7931 1 year ago
Quoted from furnissrohio:

I think a piece of tape should be applied to avoid a ball striking the solder side of the opto.

Yeah I agree.

#7932 1 year ago

I guess it can’t hurt, but I’ve had my game for almost a year and never had a problem.

#7933 1 year ago

What type of tape?

Also, would twisted rubbers contribute to airballs?..

Total noob question that i never thought about.

#7934 1 year ago

Fish paper would be best if anyone is concerned about this.

Quoted from Roostking:

What type of tape?
Also, would twisted rubbers contribute to airballs?..
Total noob question that i never thought about.

#7935 1 year ago

#333 came home today. I love it!

#7936 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

#333 came home today. I love it!

Any unboxing tips? Mines in production and final invoice paid!

#7937 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Any unboxing tips?

Open box

Check

Plug in

Enjoy

rd

#7938 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hah if you never done it, look up setting up a pinball machine on youtube. Lot of good simple videos of how to setup.

#7939 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I actually bought mine already opened, from a fellow Pinsider.

But like rotordave said, the NIB experience is pretty straightforward. Slide it out of the box, do a quick check to make sure nothing shook loose/off during shipping, plug it in, and enjoy!

#7940 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have ten foot ceilings in my game room so I was able to cut the straps and lift the box off in one piece from the top. I hate watching people cut with a box cutter. I then laid the machine on my lift table sideways, unwrapped, lifted the pin up with said lift table and put on legs. Moved into position.

#7941 1 year ago

Having an extra person to help makes a huge amount of difference as well in setting up a pin.

#7942 1 year ago

Thanks all, I unboxed and setup MetLE on my own, but I have a feeling Halloween is probably heavier?

Anyway, super stoked for this pin!

Whats the latest Butter to be delivered!

#7943 1 year ago

I have set NIB pins up myself by laying the game flat and sliding it out of the box a bit at a time in one direction, while sliding the box off of the game in the other direction. Having a helper makes this go much faster.

#7944 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I feel exactly the same. Reading peoples early comments led me to sell my preorder. I’m glad I changed my mind!

Quoted from coasterguy:

Uhm, can we say THIS GAME IS ADDICTING!

Quoted from coasterguy:

People over last night. Halloween for the win.
Halloween and stranger things stand out in my 4 pin collection when people come over.

Quoted from coasterguy:

Just had some people over and it was a hit again. HALLOWEEN just pulls us in! It's crazy fun.

And now coasterguy has his game listed for sale at a deep discount too. What is it with this game that so many people seem to talk it up when they first get it, and then a few weeks later they are taking a massive hit to get it out of their game room?? Does this game give you cancer or something? I have never seen so many abrupt flip-flops on any title before and it's discouraging. Mine is coming soon and I will definitely not be running here to gush about it the first night I have it. I will try to let the experience sink in for a while. If I think it's a turkey, I would rather wrap it in plastic and store it away like a time capsule than take a $2k+ hit on it right away.

#7945 1 year ago

Cult of new and limited space in most folks homes has folks often tossing aside a game for the new hotness they find.

#7946 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Cult of new and limited space in most folks homes has folks often tossing aside a game for the new hotness they find.

Sure, but then why get rid of the newest game and not one of the other games that have been in their collection longer?

#7947 1 year ago

Hey everybody! Be sure to tune into Facebook Live this Saturday at 10 AM Central Time for our Q&A session we'll be doing. Bring your coffee, bring your questions, and let's have fun in our Saturday morning Spooktacular!!

#7948 1 year ago

People are just get worried about losing money. The tide is turning slowly in Halloween’s favor though. Fear, impatience and not enough time spent listing learning the game is why we see so many quick listings imo. You couldn’t convince me that it’s a bad game at this point. Quite the opposite actually. I paid full NIB price direct from Spooky and the cost is reflected in the game. It’s great.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

And now coasterguy has his game listed for sale at a deep discount too. What is it with this game that so many people seem to talk it up when they first get it, and then a few weeks later they are taking a massive hit to get it out of their game room?? Does this game give you cancer or something? I have never seen so many abrupt flip-flops on any title before and it's discouraging. Mine is coming soon and I will definitely not be running here to gush about it the first night I have it. I will try to let the experience sink in for a while. If I think it's a turkey, I would rather wrap it in plastic and store it away like a time capsule than take a $2k+ hit on it right away.

#7949 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Once they are all built and settle in to peoples collections, only then will you see the demand soar. It is a unique game that sets itself apart.

#7950 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

People are just get worried about losing money. The tide is turning slowly in Halloween’s favor though. Fear, impatience and not enough time spent listing learning the game is why we see so many quick listings imo.

So you think they are worried about losing even more than the $2k-2.5k hit they are taking by selling now? It seems that the best way to avoid losing money would be not to sell right now, hence my time capsule comment. Maybe they believe that the bottom of the market has not yet been reached. I have doubts owners are taking it on the chin like that because they are too impatient to learn the rules. These quick turnarounds have me concerned that I will get bored with the game quickly, but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/159?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.