Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 339.
#7801 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I received my BSE butter email from my distro over a month ago, but nothing since. I checked in just the other day and was told an invoice would come when BSEs go on the line, but no new details on when that's expected to be. The large number of CE spots still available for sale makes me think they still haven't determined when they will change over production.

Quoted from Roostking:

Ive got my invoice for payment, with the distro thinking I was non butter and said I should expect to get pin next week. Then they realized I was butter so it will still be a bit, but we are getting close!

It seems like as more owners take possession of the game and get a feel for the lifts and ball return times, that "ask" has died down.

Quoted from Beechwood:

Spooky direct. Butter email 7/5, I paid invoice on 7/19 (my procrastination), Game was ready 7/26 but because I was on vacation I asked they delay the shipping until 8/1. Received 8/3.
Distros seem much less strait forward and streamlined than spooky direct from what I have read on this thread. Not bashing the distro process just seems different.

Appreciate everybody’s responses - seems like the process is different if ordering from spooky vs a distro. One thing Specifically mentioned in my email was basically that there’s no way to push the order since they are almost at the end of the run. It’s been almost a YEAR! I thought more like 7 months. Crazy.

#7802 1 year ago

Here's an example of the video compression I was talking about. This is a screen shot of the very first moment the video comes on. It happens every single time this (and several) scenes come on screen. It quickly sharpens up in the next few frames, but seems needless.

IMG_20220812_122402749_BURST019.jpgIMG_20220812_122402749_BURST019.jpg

#7803 1 year ago

I for one hope they don’t stage balls in this game. This one is hard enough as it is!

#7804 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

By yourself? If it’s just you, this is irrelevant. I don’t know your background- you may have a day job doing development. But it boils down to this: you can’t add someone to a project at/near the end and expect the same results and productivity as if you had added them at the start. I deal with business types all day long who think development is just plugging things together, and all developers are exactly identical. Then they go all crazy when things don’t work out perfectly, instead of agreeing to the plan set out by people who actually plan and do development for a living.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Saying that you can't add to a team (or individual) programming in a framework and be more productive, regardless of where you're at with the project, just isn't true. It's done daily in the programming industry. Programmers get poached/quit etc. like crazy. Yes, you have to train the person, but that's like any job. Pinball is definitely on the lower end of complexity, and adding a guy or two would cut down the time significantly.

Are we really at/near the end with a year left on the programming schedule?

#7805 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Saying that you can't add to a team (or individual) programming in a framework and be more productive, regardless of where you're at with the project, just isn't true. It's done daily in the programming industry. Programmers get poached/quit etc. like crazy. Yes, you have to train the person, but that's like any job. Pinball is definitely on the lower end of complexity, and adding a guy or two would cut down the time significantly.
Are we really at/near the end with a year left on the programming schedule?

Fair enough. I’ve said my piece. You may ask the JJP team how this strategy is working.

#7806 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I for one hope they don’t stage balls in this game. This one is hard enough as it is!

Maybe they should do it for competition mode

#7807 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Appreciate everybody’s responses - seems like the process is different if ordering from spooky vs a distro. One thing Specifically mentioned in my email was basically that there’s no way to push the order since they are almost at the end of the run. It’s been almost a YEAR! I thought more like 7 months. Crazy.

The orders opened last July. Everyone has had plenty of time to arrange payment and sell off other machines or figure out if this title is for them by now.

#7808 1 year ago

Would you say that Halloween has more maintenance issues/repairs than a Stern or JJP? I’ve never owned a spooky game. Can I order direct from Spooky or are they sold out? The dealer I use is not a Spooky dealer. Anyone in Virginia or close by looking to sell? I’m on the fence w this one, but the more I see of it the more I am convinced I will like it. I’m mainly interested in a NIB. Thanks!

#7809 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

Would you say that Halloween has more maintenance issues/repairs than a Stern or JJP? I’ve never owned a spooky game. Can I order direct from Spooky or are they sold out? The dealer I use is not a Spooky dealer. Anyone in Virginia or close by looking to sell? I’m on the fence w this one, but the more I see of it the more I am convinced I will like it. I’m mainly interested in a NIB. Thanks!

If you’re looking for a CE NIB, Nitro still has a few available.

https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/halloween-collectors-edition-ready-to-ship

#7810 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

Love the game, but so far it's been the most fiddly pins i've owned requiring me to tweak and open her up a bunch to fix things. Beautiful machine but it feels also a bit fragile compared to others IMHO. It's good for home use, I kinda wonder how it would handle in a public use situation though.

#7811 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

For me no. It’s my first Spooky pin. Unfortunately most pins need adjustments. Especially with Sterns QC as of late. I bought a NIB GOTG and on first play a pop bumper was locked on.

EHOH had a gargoyle target not registering out of the box. My Halloween I had to loosen the screws on the metal flaps because the flaps would not lay flat. And had to fix one of the drop targets.

Unfortunately part of owning pinball. It’s not maintenance free like a video game.

#7812 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

This is my first Spooky pin and I'll start by first saying YMMV... My game has been pretty much rock freaking solid except for the drop target shield and a few small tweaks here and there but my game really hasn't ever been "down" (minus a software upgrade snafu that Spooky and this forum helped quickly resolve). Now my friends Halloween has needed a lot more TLC and I do me a lot more than mine.

In the interest of fairness, there isn't a game in my collection that hasn't had an issue here and there. I wouldn't say, based on my specific experience, Halloween has required more work than any other game in my collection and there are others that have needed a lot more TLC than Halloween has to date. It's pinball on top of being an imperfect world so you just have to roll with the issues that come up and learn how to fix them.

Jeff

#7813 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

The orders opened last July. Everyone has had plenty of time to arrange payment and sell off other machines or figure out if this title is for them by now.

I dont think he implied it was bad, not how I read it anyway. Just kinda passing info. I got the same email saying no pushing back and payment was due.

#7814 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I dont think he implied it was bad, not how I read it anyway. Just kinda passing info. I got the same email saying no pushing back and payment was due.

Correct, I was not implying this was bad, of course it makes sense - just passing along the only other bit of info I had.

#7815 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

One month prior...

FD518C44-DBBA-4386-98F9-2385A6B57852.gifFD518C44-DBBA-4386-98F9-2385A6B57852.gif
#7816 1 year ago

Numbers seem all over the place but getting up there

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7817 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Numbers seem all over the place but getting up there[quoted image]

I'm #1050, for what it's worth,and my email came yesterday.

#7818 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

One month prior...

How is this jerkoff not on mega blast?!?! I mean what an A hole.

#7819 1 year ago

Btw Butter email was last week. Invoiced yesterday from PinballStar. Final payment due by Wednesday the 17th. Any insight to the time frame of when people got there pins after they made final payment through PinballStar. Sooooo close now. Can’t believe #955 will be here by Halloween….hopefully.

#7820 1 year ago

Get it, it’s f’n awesome. Spooky is sold out but there may be a few dealers sitting on NIB. Don’t sweat the maintenance, it’s more than Stern (because there are hardly any unique mechs in stern games) and equal to JJP I’d say. Mine has been great after 500 plays. I’ve only had to replace one servo and it took 5 mins.

Quoted from Sweetwillie:

#7821 1 year ago

100 plays and no issues whatsoever out of the box. I haven't even lifted the playfield yet.

It's a great game and find new unique things every time I play. People selling these for a loss are going to be sorry.

#7822 1 year ago

I hit my blast quota for the month. I figured what he wrote was so ridiculous that I’d just let it speak for itself.

Quoted from Flash71:

How is this jerkoff not on mega blast?!?! I mean what an A hole.

#7823 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

I'm surprised no one is saying this. Perhaps our loyalty is clouding our thinking: Spooky is known to have a lot of quirky issues. I know an operator that's been struggling to keep it running, with numerous oddball issues that keep popping up. I've heard this from numerous owners about numerous Spooky titles. After having mine for a couple weeks I can say it's head scratchingly difficult to understand how a new pin can leave the factory like mine. The playfield hits multiple things when you lower it. My back box and backglass all need to be manipulated/shifted to open and close properly. This isn't a custom mech that needs some tweaking, these are basic (and generally interchangeable) components to every pinball machine.

I love the pin, I love the company's dedication to customer service and their spirit, but "low maintenance" is not a term I've heard used to describe your typical Spooky pin.

ps - You can pick up a pre-order spot for an edition of your choice here on Pinside for a pretty good discount - I can't see any benefit to ordering from a vendor at this point.

#7824 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm surprised no one is saying this. Perhaps our loyalty is clouding our thinking: Spooky is known to have a lot of quirky issues. I know an operator that's been struggling to keep it running, with numerous oddball issues that keep popping up. I've heard this from numerous owners about numerous Spooky titles. After having mine for a couple weeks I can say it's head scratchingly difficult to understand how a new pin can leave the factory like mine. The playfield hits multiple things when you lower it. My back box and backglass all need to be manipulated/shifted to open and close properly. This isn't a custom mech that needs some tweaking, these are basic (and generally interchangeable) components to every pinball machine.
I love the pin, I love the company's dedication to customer service and their spirit, but "low maintenance" is not a term I've heard used to describe your typical Spooky pin.
ps - You can pick up a pre-order spot for an edition of your choice here on Pinside for a pretty good discount - I can't see any benefit to ordering from a vendor at this point.

Remember, multiple pins have recently left the factory with no LEDs in the start button. Not sure how that happens.

#7825 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Again, no issues out of the box for me. Zero. Read the Elvira house of horrors thread. No different.

#7826 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Again, no issues out of the box for me. Zero. Read the Elvira house of horrors thread. No different.

Can't really compare Elvira to Halloween. It isn't fair. Lyman coded a feature that didn't exist when the game was being made. As a result, everyone's VUKs needed tweaked.

#7827 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

After having mine for a couple weeks I can say it's head scratchingly difficult to understand how a new pin can leave the factory like mine. The playfield hits multiple things when you lower it. My back box and backglass all need to be manipulated/shifted to open and close properly.

I can't even remove the backglass on mine. Not enough clearance even when unlocked. The board is low in the head so updates can be installed without removing it, but at some point I want to figure out why the knocker works so poorly.

#7828 1 year ago

Spooky does have issues, weird ones at that. The cabinet is built like a tank, but it has all sorts of odd quirks. The latches get in the way of lowering the playfield and the cashbox makes contact with the left support bracket. I love my Halloween but I'm not sure about me buying another Spooky until basic things (that should just work) are sorted out. That includes their powder coater. I received new top armor from Spooky to address the problem I had with my originally set. Spooky's customer service is great, but they are just throwing parts at a problem instead of correcting the issue. I took the old and new armor down to my local powder coat guy and he had a good laugh about it. He told me that the metal wasn't prepped correctly, the application was subpar, and the powder wasn't heated to the correct temperature and or time in the oven.

#7829 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Absolutely needs staged balls. It would change the flow dramatically and keep it flowing. I could not imaging my STTNG with the same level of pause between the ball appearing again - it is what makes the game so good.

#7830 1 year ago

Finally installed anti rattle tape.
Total game changer!
Highly recommend if you have the shaker or not.

#7831 1 year ago

1104 BSE got my options email today. Spooky direct. Can't wait!

#7832 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Can't really compare Elvira to Halloween. It isn't fair. Lyman coded a feature that didn't exist when the game was being made. As a result, everyone's VUKs needed tweaked.

There are multiple issues with Elvira, not just the vuk. I'm on the waiting list. And playing on locations, I had 3 games end on ball one because it froze when I started a mode. Love both games but issues is a pinball thing. No one is immune.

#7833 1 year ago

Be warned. When I brought up QA issues that should not still be happening, I was censored and post deleted "Cause I was a broken record".

#7834 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

There are multiple issues with Elvira, not just the vuk. I'm on the waiting list. And playing on locations, I had 3 games end on ball one because it froze when I started a mode. Love both games but issues is a pinball thing. No one is immune.

I literally have the first one off the production line and have only had the VUK issue and a sticky gate in 3 years. Hopefully I just didn't jinx myself. Congrats on the Elvira. It should play great for you in the home environment.

#7835 1 year ago

Rick and Morty has been an absolute atrocity from day 1 !!! NIB, iif i didn’t absolutely love the game I would have thrown it out the window by now!!! Never in my 51 years of life, have I ever experienced such quirky stupid stuff that has gone wrong with the game, Lose of speech, Bricking, False Drain Issues, Fuse issues, pc board issues. AJ is just guessing at this point . Game was NiB with a faulty drop target switch, proof game was never tested!! Maybe if they didn’t take 3-day weekends quality would be better, the hot glue is laughable at best!! Unbelievable in 2022 you use hot glue on a $10,000 pinball machine!!! We are the Fools that keep buying the headaches!!!

#7836 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I can't even remove the backglass on mine. Not enough clearance even when unlocked. The board is low in the head so updates can be installed without removing it, but at some point I want to figure out why the knocker works so poorly.

I have the same exact problem. It looks like one side of the wood rail the backglass sits in got nailed too high so it's impossible to remove it normally.

#7837 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Ongoing, correctable issues are not a pinball thing. IMO

#7838 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Be warned. When I brought up QA issues that should not still be happening, I was censored and post deleted "Cause I was a broken record".

Hey Roostking - I'm curious, what is up with your avatar? Sometimes it is there and other times it is a black square. It has been like that forever. I don't see others having the same problem.

20220812_174045 (resized).jpg20220812_174045 (resized).jpg
#7839 1 year ago

I don't think there will be too many more blog posts about butter/payment requests as I'm in the 1240's and got my request. Time to get on with the delivery, game play, and code update wishlist posts!

#7840 1 year ago

Hey Roostking - I'm curious, what is up with your avatar? Sometimes it is there and other times it is a black square. It has been like that forever. I don't see others having the same problem.[quoted image]

Im not exactly sure. I thought the avatar only showed a pic if you were a supporter. I used to be and intend to support again, after this post lol. But yea not sure why it shows up either way randomly.

#7841 1 year ago

I don't want this to be a "crap on Spooky" thread. All pins have problems. Spooky's pins have..."special" problems

#7842 1 year ago

Avatar thing seems to be a pinside bug, I've seen it affect various users. Seems like if the site can't load the logo in a certain amount of time it just gives up.

#7843 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im not exactly sure. I thought the avatar only showed a pic if you were a supporter. I used to be and intend to support again, after this post lol. But yea not sure why it shows up either way randomly.

Just change your name to be Black Square and you'll be fine.

#7844 1 year ago

Hey Roostking - I'm curious, what is up with your avatar? Sometimes it is there and other times it is a black square. It has been like that forever. I don't see others having the same problem.[quoted image]

Paid up!!

#7846 1 year ago

Not in the quotes though. It's a bug.

#7847 1 year ago

Sorry, still a black square.

Refund!

#7848 1 year ago

It sounds like spooky has good and reachable customer service for issues, so that would be huge for me. All the pins I’ve had so far, stern and jjp, have had issues that were tweaked and fixed. I think I’m going to get a Halloween. I saw the movie in the theater when I was 13. I was scared out of my mind for days!!! So, the theme is great for me. Hoping it has some stressful moments in the game, where you are worried about getting shots while Michael is coming for you? That would be awesome! Artwork and game look really nice also, and I love great looking games. Thanks for all of the input! I may trade if anyone is interested. I have newer Beatles, Mando premium, aiq pro w topper, and Deadpool pro which I would be willing to trade. All are newer runs, w insider connected, 500 or so plays on each. Let me know if anyone close enough to Virginia Beach and is interested. I would also buy nib..
Thanks!

#7849 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

Hoping it has some stressful moments in the game, where you are worried about getting shots while Michael is coming for you?

The mini-wiz Stalker mode is exactly this. I think you'll like the atmosphere of the game.

#7850 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

It sounds like spooky has good and reachable customer service for issues, so that would be huge for me. All the pins I’ve had so far, stern and jjp, have had issues that were tweaked and fixed. I think I’m going to get a Halloween. I saw the movie in the theater when I was 13. I was scared out of my mind for days!!! So, the theme is great for me. Hoping it has some stressful moments in the game, where you are worried about getting shots while Michael is coming for you? That would be awesome! Artwork and game look really nice also, and I love great looking games. Thanks for all of the input! I may trade if anyone is interested. I have newer Beatles, Mando premium, aiq pro w topper, and Deadpool pro which I would be willing to trade. All are newer runs, w insider connected, 500 or so plays on each. Let me know if anyone close enough to Virginia Beach and is interested. I would also buy nib..
Thanks!

While some people, myself included, can be somewhat vocal about issues, percieved or real, Spooky support is top notch. 920 will land soon and cant wait!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/157?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.