IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 340.
#7751 1 year ago

ugh my loomis ramp keeps getting stuck in up position getting balls stuck in the lane. Loosening the posts and pushing it down will work for a while but then it keeps happening. If I tighten the nuts on the posts it eventually happens, but if I leave them a little loose, then it works fine. But if they are slightly loose overtime they tend to undo themselves with use and play where the nuts just fall off at some point.

It's like any tightening of the nuts on the posts cause the ramp to sometimes stay up and balls get stuck easy, or I have to leave the nut a little loose which is not good since it might undo itself

#7752 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Oops!
It looks like that shooter rod bracket needs straightening.

Stern has a decal cut out in this area which allows repositioning with no damage to the cabinet artwork. I'm not seeing a cutout in this photo. Not a problem, per se, when shooter plates are installed straight. Potentially a problem if they need repositioning.

#7753 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Put your thumb on top of the threaded metal post, reaching under the edge or corner of the plastic with one or two fingertips.
Push down with your thumb and pull up with your fingertips.
Do it for each of the posts.
That should get it off.
There is a lot of friction to overcome, and pulling straight up on the whole plastic bends it and makes it worse, have to loosen it at each post instead.
RM

Got it! Thanks. Diverter isn't swinging all over the place anymore. Also drilled the holes (in the plastic) a bit larger per @zebpin61's suggestion.

I don't believe I've formally introduced myself. I'm CE #469 butter. Cheers!

#7754 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Just curious if the start button is supposed to light up? Mine did not come with a LED in it.

Mine didn't either, I had to put one in myself.

#7755 1 year ago

So will we likely see the new animation big update in October for Halloween or we think we might see it sooner? Still a couple months away, so much waiting.

#7756 1 year ago

I am anticipating the big animation update for the Holiday personally. I would not be surprised if that update in late October is to be basically the last of the "big" drops in code for I suspect they are wrapping up new ideas and will likely focus on code errors and such as they shift to a new title to focus on. Just my two cents!

#7757 1 year ago

Was just recently said they will be working on this code a long long time - hopefully that means longer than the next few months

Quoted from Drebay:

I am anticipating the big animation update for the Holiday personally. I would not be surprised if that update in late October is to be basically the last of the "big" drops in code for I suspect they are wrapping up new ideas and will likely focus on code errors and such as they shift to a new title to focus on. Just my two cents!

#7758 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Was just recently said they will be working on this code a long long time - hopefully that means longer than the next few months

I completely agree that they will work on this a long time to come. I am thinking more of a "business move" for once they finish the run, they will focus on the new table and development will slow way down on new ideas. Just natural. Also, how many new ideas are left keeping within the asset confines of the original 1978 film? They certainly did a superb job and I hope the ideas keep coming. I found this latest code (1.08a) update went a far way towards code completion. Now it just needs a little bit more polishing! Spooky has created a game here that I think is a masterpiece in art, layout and ruleset. Not much more I can say than that... Great job Spooky team!

#7759 1 year ago

I think supporting it long term is great but I mean at some point they are gonna reach a "it's done" phase. But continually tweaking and updating it without major additions or changes should be expected and hoped for.

After the big animation update, I'm sure there will be lot of new things and changes that are gonna need more in field testing so that's probably gonna need some more updates afterwards to iron out the bugs and any odd things players come up with. So I don't think it will be "done" anytime soon.

#7760 1 year ago

There is still no mode for visiting the Rabbit in Red Lounge.

B7D29133-18A9-4184-8A45-2F55DF1A3004 (resized).jpegB7D29133-18A9-4184-8A45-2F55DF1A3004 (resized).jpeg
#7761 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

With the additional programmers we added to handle future games I am setting up to keep HWUM going at current pace for another year! I will note that things could come up as they always can in pinball. It's always nerve racking to say this stuff publicly. However we are 100% looking good to leave Fawzma on the HWUM solely for another full year! Which makes us more happy then I can explain! Really want to see the code on these games develope and update for as long as we can. We want to continue the updates to really say thank you to all the people who were patient with us and had faith in us through this project. We have secured some really great members of the team to code our next few games. Some of them you guys already know and love!

#7762 1 year ago

Amazing news - thanks for the response. Bring on the Co-Op

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

With the additional programmers we added to handle future games I am setting up to keep HWUM going at current pace for another year! I will note that things could come up as they always can in pinball. It's always nerve racking to say this stuff publicly. However we are 100% looking good to leave Fawzma on the HWUM solely for another full year! Which makes us more happy then I can explain! Really want to see the code on these games develope and update for as long as we can. We want to continue the updates to really say thank you to all the people who were patient with us and had faith in us through this project. We have secured some really great members of the team to code our next few games. Some of them you guys already know and love!

Looking forward to seeing what DJ can do!

#7763 1 year ago

I'm looking forward to that next Spooky game, after TNA, for sure!

#7764 1 year ago

Invoice finally paid - CE #379, I cant believe its really been over a year since I ordered this beauty!

I gotta say, my most anticipated game ever was Alien. I watched that boat crawl towards Australia desperately urging it to go faster, but I think I'm even more hyped for this machine. I wake up every day and immediately check my emails for any sign that it's been loaded on the container.

It's been an interesting journey so far - there sure has been some negativity around this one, even around my circle here in Sydney who have suggested more than once that maybe I should move my pre-order on. Seriously though it's never crossed my mind, not once - and I've never thought anything other than it's going to be incredible. Plus, it's been awesome seeing the Spooky folks in here hinting at the plans they have for it and it seems to me whatever they've said in here, they've delivered. They've listened to the early owners, engaged with people who don't even have the machine yet, helped out with support inside this very thread - plus they've responded positively to any criticism and it's been really great to see.

I honestly do think people dismissing this game will be missing out on one of the most interesting pins in recent years, and I hope a lot more people get a chance to try it in it's near-complete or finished state. I'm really glad I took the plunge, and I'll certainly be getting EVERYONE to play it at my place!

#7765 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I’m sorry, did anybody else catch this? Potential code updates for a YEAR?! Fawzma’s one lucky dude. So are we. Hopefully my game has arrived by then! I keed, I keed…

#7766 1 year ago

Maybe more programmers on this specific title to speed it up a bit? Just an idea...

#7767 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maybe more programmers on this specific title to speed it up a bit? Just an idea...

Oh my friend, have I got a book for you…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

#7768 1 year ago

Alright, I've had my Halloween for a week and am enjoying it as much as I'd hoped! I do have some questions/comments for you all:

-When the ball drops into the bottom left hole on the middle playfield, is it supposed to trigger the Pumpkin? Mine does, and it seems odd.
-I get a decent amount of video compression artifacts/"blocking" in the video, especially on the right side of the screen. Anyone else?
-When lowering the playfield, it drops onto one of the latches AND the coin box. I have to manually manipulate both to get the playfield to drop properly. Is this part of that "Spooky Quirkiness" that everyone talks about?
-The coinbox looks like it shouldn't be there. It barely fits in there, and looks like the cabinet wasn't designed for it.

A fun game, and I'm finally getting a grasp of the code. I look forward to seeing it develop and refine more over time!

#7769 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright, I've had my Halloween for a week and am enjoying it as much as I'd hoped! I do have some questions/comments for you all:
-When the ball drops into the bottom left hole on the middle playfield, is it supposed to trigger the Pumpkin? Mine does, and it seems odd.
-I get a decent amount of video compression artifacts/"blocking" in the video, especially on the right side of the screen. Anyone else?
-When lowering the playfield, it drops onto one of the latches AND the coin box. I have to manually manipulate both to get the playfield to drop properly. Is this part of that "Spooky Quirkiness" that everyone talks about?
-The coinbox looks like it shouldn't be there. It barely fits in there, and looks like the cabinet wasn't designed for it.
A fun game, and I'm finally getting a grasp of the code. I look forward to seeing it develop and refine more over time!

All but your second bullet point is normal Halloween operation. The cabinet design baffles me too but it is consistent with all Halloween cabinets made to date.

#7770 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Invoice finally paid - CE #379, I cant believe its really been over a year since I ordered this beauty!
I gotta say, my most anticipated game ever was Alien. I watched that boat crawl towards Australia desperately urging it to go faster, but I think I'm even more hyped for this machine. I wake up every day and immediately check my emails for any sign that it's been loaded on the container.
It's been an interesting journey so far - there sure has been some negativity around this one, even around my circle here in Sydney who have suggested more than once that maybe I should move my pre-order on. Seriously though it's never crossed my mind, not once - and I've never thought anything other than it's going to be incredible. Plus, it's been awesome seeing the Spooky folks in here hinting at the plans they have for it and it seems to me whatever they've said in here, they've delivered. They've listened to the early owners, engaged with people who don't even have the machine yet, helped out with support inside this very thread - plus they've responded positively to any criticism and it's been really great to see.
I honestly do think people dismissing this game will be missing out on one of the most interesting pins in recent years, and I hope a lot more people get a chance to try it in it's near-complete or finished state. I'm really glad I took the plunge, and I'll certainly be getting EVERYONE to play it at my place!

We really do see those who have supported us all the way through and appreciate it!

#7771 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yea that's all correct. The video quality of the clips during initial load seems to suffer some quality compression yep.

The coinbox included barely fits where it should it feels like. It has to be exact or the rails don't properly go down, its super tight fit. I got mine in sideways to be get it to close without issue and since I don't need the coin box at home.

#7772 1 year ago

I'm currently programming a pin. Just sayin.

#7773 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea that's all correct. The video quality of the clips during initial load seems to suffer some quality compression yep.
The coinbox included barely fits where it should it feels like. It has to be exact or the rails don't properly go down, its super tight fit. I got mine in sideways to be get it to close without issue and since I don't need the coin box at home.

The video compression I'm referring to is throughout the game. A good example is at the start of Hedge Multiball, it gets blocky. I noticed it playing one on location, too. I assume it's software, but it seems really unnecessary.

#7774 1 year ago

Since Im in on a standard - interested to see what mirror blades look like on this game when I get it. Any thoughts on this?

#7775 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Since Im in on a standard - interested to see what mirror blades look like on this game when I get it. Any thoughts on this?

Not sure how well they would look with the machine having soo much stuff on the side. The right side especially is so built up, seems like the effect would be a bit muted.

#7776 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

The video compression I'm referring to is throughout the game. A good example is at the start of Hedge Multiball, it gets blocky. I noticed it playing one on location, too. I assume it's software, but it seems really unnecessary.

I know what you're saying. I've noticed it as well but it doesn't seem as bad with this new 1.08a update, particularly on the last hedge video prior to multiball where it no longer cuts off Annie saying "where".

I will say I played a Stern Star Wars for the first time in a long time yesterday and was surprised how much better the video was. Not sure if it's software, hardware or just a better video source used for it but it was insanely clear, no blocking and perfect sound.

Regardless, I'd still like to see more video in the game. For those that don't like it, you can click out of it with the flippers but I like it because, quite honestly, this is a fast game and it gives me a break to think about what I have to do next. LOL Plus, I like the video.

#7777 1 year ago

I was curious about this and on the left side would it show the Michael where it is supposed to be hidden.

Not sure how well they would look with the machine having soo much stuff on the side. The right side especially is so built up, seems like the effect would be a bit muted.

#7778 1 year ago

I think it would be blinding due to the light show you already get. Adding mirrors would be a bit much for me I would think.

#7779 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

By yourself? If it’s just you, this is irrelevant. I don’t know your background- you may have a day job doing development. But it boils down to this: you can’t add someone to a project at/near the end and expect the same results and productivity as if you had added them at the start. I deal with business types all day long who think development is just plugging things together, and all developers are exactly identical. Then they go all crazy when things don’t work out perfectly, instead of agreeing to the plan set out by people who actually plan and do development for a living.

#7780 1 year ago

Invoice PIF to Joe at Pinball Star. Thanks Joe. That’s it no more the wife said. Of course dear and a love yah was my response. Lol. Now I wait for the delivery of CE#926.

#7781 1 year ago

One of the Hedge Michaels started to spaz, then died totally. The good news is that the spare motor fixed it, though I had to remove the ramp and the left plastic. An ass pain to say the least, but now I have three fully working Mikes.

I’m still really enjoying the game. It’s a hoot and the art is second to none. Code updates have addressed most of my issues, and the game will only get better.

#7782 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Are you…currently working with Spooky?

#7783 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Invoice PIF to Joe at Pinball Star. Thanks Joe. That’s it no more the wife said. Of course dear and a love yah was my response. Lol. Now I wait for the delivery of CE#926.

LOL hoping to have that exact conversation shortly here .. maybe another week or two!

#7784 1 year ago

If anyone wants to trade or purchase my Halloween CE-680 , PM. me, Has to be the worst game I have ever Owned, The constant waiting for the ball has worn on me, I have 0 desire to play this game, only so many hours in the day, why keep a game that isn’t fun!!!!

#7785 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

If anyone wants to trade or purchase my Halloween CE-680 , PM. me, Has to be the worst game I have ever Owned, The constant waiting for the ball has worn on me, I have 0 desire to play this game, only so many hours in the day, why keep a game that isn’t fun!!!!

Why don’t you post an ad, instead of shitposting in the Owner’s thread, where most people already own the game.

#7786 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

One month prior...

Quoted from MJK-911:

What an incredible pinball machine, arrived in Perfect condition!!! Wow does it really look phenomenal with Butter. Happy with the choice. What an Ass Kicker of a game!!! Its extremely fast and where did the ball go type of game. Iam extremely happy with the Game!!!

Quoted from MJK-911:

People are insane if they knock this game, super unique fast, fun pinball machine!! Haters going to hate!!!! I absolutely love it !!! But nothing will ever top my Rick/Morty!!! Lick Lick Lick my Balls!!!!!!!!!!

#7787 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

You don't have to wait much longer for the ball to return than your typical ramp. Just on Halloween, you don't see it.

#7788 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

You don't have to wait much longer for the ball to return than your typical ramp. Just on Halloween, you don't see it.

Agreed. It really isn’t that long of a wait and I got used to it quickly. Also enjoy having a brief moment to look at where my next shots are when I am in a mode.

#7789 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Why don’t you post an ad, instead of shitposting in the Owner’s thread, where most people already own the game.

I suppose if somebody wanted to jump the line but then they would still have to unload the pre-order spot. Definitely tough to sell the game by telling people how terrible you think it is. “Buy my game it really sucks!” It’s like saying “Does this milk taste bad to you?”

#7790 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

One month prior...

samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gifsamuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif
#7791 1 year ago

With so much more time that they will be working on the code maybe ball staging is still on the horizon?

#7792 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I suppose if somebody wanted to jump the line but then they would still have to unload the pre-order spot. Definitely tough to sell the game by telling people how terrible you think it is. “Buy my game it really sucks!” It’s like saying “Does this milk taste bad to you?”

Fair enough, this is in fact how I got in line for my BSE back in January or so - (literally yesterday got my decal email). How many people are still sitting on the fence at this point I wonder ?

#7793 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I’m in the same boat ordering a standard. I figured the mirrors wouldn’t be good because the Michaels on the left should be hidden not reflected and the light show might make them crazy too. I’m hoping someone comes up with a set of art blades or there is a way of purchasing the CE ones. I just checked everything Tilt has done so far and the only ones that sort of look like they’d work are a forest scene for Stranger Things. I definitely want blades of some sort. Maybe artwork with old neighborhood homes and fall color trees would be good.

#7794 1 year ago

Quick process question: I received and responded to my decals email (via distro). What happens next? Spooky now builds the game, and I pay ASAP? How long did shipping take for you all?

#7795 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quick process question: I received and responded to my decals email (via distro). What happens next? Spooky now builds the game, and I pay ASAP? How long did shipping take for you all?

I received my BSE butter email from my distro over a month ago, but nothing since. I checked in just the other day and was told an invoice would come when BSEs go on the line, but no new details on when that's expected to be. The large number of CE spots still available for sale makes me think they still haven't determined when they will change over production.

#7796 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL hoping to have that exact conversation shortly here .. maybe another week or two!

Ive got my invoice for payment, with the distro thinking I was non butter and said I should expect to get pin next week. Then they realized I was butter so it will still be a bit, but we are getting close!

Quoted from Lostcause:

With so much more time they that will be working on the code maybe ball staging is still on the horizon?

It seems like as more owners take possession of the game and get a feel for the lifts and ball return times, that "ask" has died down.

#7797 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ive got my invoice for payment, with the distro thinking I was non butter and said I should expect to get pin next week. Then they realized I was butter so it will still be a bit, but we are getting close!

It seems like as more owners take possession of the game and get a feel for the lifts and ball return times, that "ask" has died down.

This is true but spooky mentioned it themselves early days so if they can give an option to use it or not it would be nice and shut some people up.

#7798 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Spooky direct. Butter email 7/5, I paid invoice on 7/19 (my procrastination), Game was ready 7/26 but because I was on vacation I asked they delay the shipping until 8/1. Received 8/3.

Distros seem much less strait forward and streamlined than spooky direct from what I have read on this thread. Not bashing the distro process just seems different.

#7799 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Worst for sale post I have ever read. Wow.

#7800 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I have 0 desire to play this game, only so many hours in the day

If you are worried about only so many hours in the day, why waste them playing pinball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 49.99
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/156?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.