IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 339.
#7551 1 year ago

1.08a CRUCIAL BUG NOTES

- After ‘Boogeyman’ 6 ball is played the orbits do not light to qualify another mode. This makes a post boogey ball useless. This needs to be fixed ASAP. This is bad bad bad very sad bad…especially when you’re on ball 3 and can’t score or lite any modes and you just drain it on purpose and go “ok, game over I guess”

-‘Boogeyman’ insert should lite solid red after its completion but does not

- ‘Sanitarium’ is able to be relit after the completion of its superjackpot. It should not be available to play again until after you’ve completed ‘Boogeyman’ wiz mode

- Experienced a hard reset after hitting the crossover ramp shot to start house attack while the hurry up was running for ‘Laurie slashes back’

- Remove the ‘wooosh’ pumpkin scoop audio at start of ‘Jack o lantern’ (also imo the initializing sequence should run in this way: Jack o lantern animation and audio / clip from film and begin ‘don’t fear the reaper’ when kid falls on pumpkin)

There are others. But these should take priority, especially number 1. That issue has cost me me masssssive games on three separate occasions. And it will happen to youuuuuuuu.

Otherwise still LOVING this game hard!

Thanks Spooky!

#7552 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

1. Does the flipper drop back down when you shut the game off?
If yes, it's electrical
If no, it's mechanical (something physically binding it up)
2. Mechanical - too tight against the bushing and it's binding up, or look underneath and is the mech hitting something or is the return arm and spring binding on the EOS switch or something?
3. Electrical: drive transistor shorted (would always be up); something binding up the switches under the flipper button or otherwise keeping the flipper button switch closed;
RM

The flipper drops when electrical is off, also noticed when button is hit nothing happens sometimes. Not binding anywhere. I will email spooky again and ask for new flipper button at this point.
Thanks for your help. Randy

#7553 1 year ago
Quoted from Randyc:

The flipper drops when electrical is off, also noticed when button is hit nothing happens sometimes. Not binding anywhere. I will email spooky again and ask for new flipper button at this point.
Thanks for your help. Randy

OK, take a close look at how the flipper button is interacting with the leaf switches on that side.

You may have to raise the playfield into one of the service positions so that you can see clearly what is going on.

Pay attention to the switch gaps especially.

When the button is at rest there should be a visible gap between both switch contacts, then as you press the button in a bit, the first contact closes (lower flipper) but the second contact still has a gap, then at full press both contacts closed (upper and lower flippers both up)

This can also be tested if you have the game in Switch Test and Stuck Switches modes

The gap(s) may just be too tight without enough room to open and close when they should, or yes the button may be wonky.

RM

#7554 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry Spooky and everyone, I will not ask any questions in this thread again.
I humbly beg your forgiveness.

Aweee snowflake.. it's gonna be ok! Are you this pleasant in real life? Pinball seems hard on you. Makes you unhappy in every thread you post in. Maybe time for a new hobby. Get outside, maybe go for a walk or something.

#7555 1 year ago

Is every update always going to wipe all the scores in this game?

#7556 1 year ago
Quoted from Randyc:

Bottom left flipper sticking in up position, not dragging or wedging.
Anyone have suggestions?

Here is what my button was doing mid game.

93D9492F-A852-4E9B-967A-E10D9ACB9B43 (resized).jpeg93D9492F-A852-4E9B-967A-E10D9ACB9B43 (resized).jpeg
#7557 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Here is what my button was doing mid game.
[quoted image]

That would do it. LOL

I keep a box of flipper buttons in just about every color because sometimes they fail.

RM

#7558 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

If the rules are changing, I'd say the scores would and should be wiped.

#7559 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Aweee snowflake.. it's gonna be ok! Are you this pleasant in real life? Pinball seems hard on you. Makes you unhappy in every thread you post in. Maybe time for a new hobby. Get outside, maybe go for a walk or something.

I guess i just want a decent product, sue me.

#7560 1 year ago

Nope. This update include a score backup. It's now up to the player to reset high scores in the menu.

#7561 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I guess i just want a decent product, sue me.

Sounds like you want a perfect product. From what people have said this pin is more than decent.

#7562 1 year ago

I like the new update, some good bug fixes. Now Annie doesn’t get cut off before Hedge MB. The blood store music is great. House Attack is much better, now it feels like a battle with Laurie’s health set to Hard.

I recommend you tweak the last Hard mode… it’s the easiest mode to finish and always the first one I go for. That and Death in the Driver(s) Seat make for an easy extra ball.

Keep it up!

#7563 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Nope. This update include a score backup. It's now up to the player to reset high scores in the menu.

Awesome!

#7564 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Sounds like you want a perfect product. From what people have said this pin is more than decent.

***MODS please note I didnt bring this back up***

Never said that and I know the pin is amazing. I just dont see wires pulling out of connectors as normal or the same issues that were found in the games from the low 50 having the same issues as pins in the 700's.

Now can we let it go before I get censored again.

Thanks.

#7565 1 year ago

Bah it had gone away for a while but now getting it a bunch again where when a new ball starts and the drop targets pop back up on reset, I randomly am getting free successful skill shots and earning lot of free points. At first it was happening alot and thought it had to do with pressing start early when the match screen was up since it seemed to often cause it and then I was letting the machine sit and get to game over, and had a good amount of time where this stopped happening. Updated last night and almost every other game would have it happen once or twice.
It's something with the drop target when its coming up cause it only happens if the target has to pop up during reset and it will sometimes give a free skillshot hit right as it pops up.

So update, checked it out and the center target that triggers randomly (only is the center target), and the target has it's end cap still on, everything is dark black down there at the tips so not seeing issue. Running switch test also as suggested and not getting weird or off triggers either so this is really weird. I can play the game sometimes just fine over and over without it happening but then randomly the game just will hit that center target on reset by itself several times in a single game. Frustrating since I got everything finally fixed up and dialed in and this starts happening.

Target pops up on reset, skillshot triggers as success and it pops down and up again. This has lead to folks getting some really inflated scores when trying out the machine.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I like the new update, some good bug fixes. Now Annie doesn’t get cut off before Hedge MB. The blood store music is great. House Attack is much better, now it feels like a battle with Laurie’s health set to Hard.
I recommend you tweak the last Hard mode… it’s the easiest mode to finish and always the first one I go for. That and Death in the Driver(s) Seat make for an easy extra ball.
Keep it up!

noooo my favorite mode that I can often score. Love the simple roving target mode... leave it be Or simply add in a way that it ends sooner perhaps for "bad shots".

#7566 1 year ago

Quick question....what is in the Adult mode currently beyond the 1 boob scene? Can't recall much otherwise (unlike R&M lol)....guessing it will be more prevalent in later code drops.......

#7567 1 year ago

So update, checked it out and the center target that triggers randomly (only is the center target), and the target has it's end cap still on, everything is dark black down there at the tips so not seeing issue. Running switch test also as suggested and not getting weird or off triggers either so this is really weird. I can play the game sometimes just fine over and over without it happening but then randomly the game just will hit that center target on reset by itself several times in a single game. Frustrating since I got everything finally fixed up and dialed in and this starts happening.
Target pops up on reset, skillshot triggers as success and it pops down and up again. This has lead to folks getting some really inflated scores when trying out the machine.

noooo my favorite mode that I can often score. Love the simple roving target mode... leave it be Or simply add in a way that it ends sooner perhaps for "bad shots".

I have same exact issue but mine is triggering as skill shot missed, right when the targets pop up, weird. No weird switch issues that I can find.

#7568 1 year ago

Easy extra ball? Am I missing something? Do you get an extra ball for completing a mode?

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Keep it up!

#7569 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Easy extra ball? Am I missing something? Do you get an extra ball for completing a mode?

Complete two modes for an extra ball.

#7570 1 year ago

And just like that, my led strip on the Sanitarium playfield has failed again. Just the first 5 lights work. Same thing every single time. This will be strip number 4 and I’m all out. AJ will get another email asking for led strips. There’s definitely something going on here, and it’s not due to ball strikes.

#7571 1 year ago

Bah it had gone away for a while but now getting it a bunch again where when a new ball starts and the drop targets pop back up on reset, I randomly am getting free successful skill shots and earning lot of free points. At first it was happening alot and thought it had to do with pressing start early when the match screen was up since it seemed to often cause it and then I was letting the machine sit and get to game over, and had a good amount of time where this stopped happening. Updated last night and almost every other game would have it happen once or twice.
It's something with the drop target when its coming up cause it only happens if the target has to pop up during reset and it will sometimes give a free skillshot hit right as it pops up.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have same exact issue but mine is triggering as skill shot missed, right when the targets pop up, weird. No weird switch issues that I can find.

Is it like random or all the time for you? I can have a bunch of games in a row fine without issue. Then suddenly I'll have a game or two with the drops triggering on the reset or multiple times in one game. It's really random where it feels like it gets fixed and other times it's just non stop back to back.

#7572 1 year ago

Is it like random or all the time for you? I can have a bunch of games in a row fine without issue. Then suddenly I'll have a game or two with the drops triggering on the reset or multiple times in one game. It's really random where it feels like it gets fixed and other times it's just non stop back to back.

yes mine is very intermittent, some times it happens sometimes it doesnt. Weird

#7573 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

And just like that, my led strip on the Sanitarium playfield has failed again. Just the first 5 lights work. Same thing every single time. This will be strip number 4 and I’m all out. AJ will get another email asking for led strips. There’s definitely something going on here, and it’s not due to ball strikes.

Interesting.

#7574 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yes mine is very intermittent, some times it happens sometimes it doesnt. Weird

Same issue here starting with 1.08 and the default skillshot change. I thought it had to do with the random inability to reset the targets. I tried increasing the coil setting for the reset and have not seen it happen again but haven't had enough plays yet.

#7575 1 year ago

That’ll prob be it…there’s not much in the film that is “adult” although I do hope they add the driving around smoking weed clip somewhere. I guess that could qualify.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Quick question....what is in the Adult mode currently beyond the 1 boob scene? Can't recall much otherwise (unlike R&M lol)....guessing it will be more prevalent in later code drops.......

#7576 1 year ago

In the standard settings does true mean yes and false means no, why not just use yes or no

#7577 1 year ago

My start button quit working, had to reboot game and it worked again. Is this a bug?

#7578 1 year ago

Also ball gets stuck in pumpkin, it registers and pumpkin lights but won't pop back up until it does a ball search.

#7579 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’ll prob be it…there’s not much in the film that is “adult” although I do hope they add the driving around smoking weed clip somewhere. I guess that could qualify.

The opening scene is definitely adult and hasn't been put into the code yet. It is easily the most graphic scene in the movie. The game needs a new mode called "First Kill" in my opinion.

#7580 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The opening scene is definitely adult and hasn't been put into the code yet. It is easily the most graphic scene in the movie. The game needs a new mode called "First Kill" in my opinion.

It's technically in the game when you hit Judith tombstone enough, plays the opening stabbing scene but they don't show the whole thing.

#7581 1 year ago

It's technically in the game when you hit Judith tombstone enough, plays the opening stabbing scene but they don't show the whole thing.

That's the pg version. Spooky could easily make it a stand alone mode. I'm wondering if the don't have permission to use it. That one scene kinda launched Carpenter's career much like the girl swimming in Jaws launched Spielberg's career. Both horrifying and really made the viewer feel uncomfortable and vulnerable.

#7582 1 year ago

That's the pg version. Spooky could easily make it a stand alone mode. I'm wondering if the don't have permission to use it. That one scene kinda launched Carpenter's career much like the girl swimming in Jaws launched Spielberg's career. Both horrifying and really made the viewer feel uncomfortable and vulnerable.

Im anxious to see what they do with the extra assets/clips and graphics....love the machine, and pretty creepy already....

#7583 1 year ago

Huuuuuge stretch. Carpenter’s big break was Precinct 13. Halloween entered the radar because of the box office success - the $$$$!!!$!! was the “Hollywood” drool from the box office, not any particular scene. Perhaps you are thinking of Friday the 13th?

But your point about the PG version stands: there IS a non-nude version (can it be said this is “family friendly” where a little kid is stabbing his buds older sister?). The TV version includes a lot of footage which is censored/edited, but I believe most of it is owned by NBC.

#7584 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Perhaps you are thinking of Friday the 13th?

No - Friday the 13th isn't even close to Halloween. The opening scene of Halloween was brilliant. One continuous scene done with only one cut because of the limitations of the camera. It is movie magic. It is taught in film schools to this day. It is also the only really bloody scene in the entire movie. I am thinking Spooky doesn't have permission to use it.

#7585 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

My start button quit working, had to reboot game and it worked again. Is this a bug?

This has happened to me a few times on my Ultraman.

Did it happen during or after you had gone into the Settings Menu and back out?

That seems to be a factor.

RussMyers

#7586 1 year ago

It happened when I went into settings and back out.

#7587 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

It happened when I went into settings and back out.

Yeah, me too.

I'll talk to AJ.

RM

#7588 1 year ago

Had the start button just stop working once. It was after messing around in the menus and settings.

#7589 1 year ago

So.. when 1.08a dropped there was a new option to format Mac but the Spooky site still says don’t format using Mac and there are no Mac specific instructions. Has anyone successfully used a Mac to upload to 1.08a?

#7590 1 year ago
Quoted from DougB42:

Same issue here starting with 1.08 and the default skillshot change. I thought it had to do with the random inability to reset the targets. I tried increasing the coil setting for the reset and have not seen it happen again but haven't had enough plays yet.

Was it with your center target like our problem? Where do we change the coil setting, might want to play with that perhaps

#7591 1 year ago

Was it with your center target like our problem? Where do we change the coil setting, might want to play with that perhaps

I do think there is a physical issue here, but I might be able to help out with code as well. I'll add it to the list.

#7592 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I do think there is a physical issue here, but I might be able to help out with code as well. I'll add it to the list.

That would be cool, wondering since lot of folks mention drop target sensitivity if it's something is just too sensitive in the settings or something like that. Checking out the tips they are black and got the rubber sleeves on them all.

As the other mentioned with his similar issue, the longer the machine is on also seems to affect it? Don't know if that means anything or just our imagination cause I feel same way. If the machine sits for couple hours idle and I come back to it, I feel like it happens less or not at all.

#7593 1 year ago

That would be cool, wondering since lot of folks mention drop target sensitivity if it's something is just too sensitive in the settings or something like that. Checking out the tips they are black and got the rubber sleeves on them all.
As the other mentioned with his similar issue, the longer the machine is on also seems to affect it? Don't know if that means anything or just our imagination cause I feel same way. If the machine sits for couple hours idle and I come back to it, I feel like it happens less or not at all.

Yeah, it's always more difficult when there are issues that I can reproduce. Whenever I've had any skill shot trouble it's been something simple like the fins not registering or the drop targets not resetting. I do know some individuals have replaced their drop target springs with a stronger aftermarket spring. I do wonder if that could have any affect on the variance, or even a natural variance in the springs themselves. A heavier spring will cause the targets to drop more regularly, but they also could cause the occasional resetting failure. That could explain why increasing the coil power seemingly fixed the issue with the user above.

#7594 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, it's always more difficult when there are issues that I can reproduce. Whenever I've had any skill shot trouble it's been something simple like the fins not registering or the drop targets not resetting. I do know some individuals have replaced their drop target springs with a stronger aftermarket spring. I do wonder if that could have any affect on the variance, or even a natural variance in the springs themselves. A heavier spring will cause the targets to drop more regularly, but they also could cause the occasional resetting failure. That could explain why increasing the coil power seemingly fixed the issue with the user above.

I might try that coil setting if I can figure it out to see if it helps stop it.

It's always my center that reset pops up, then drops back down real quick and then back up scoring the free strike. When it does decide to happen. We have never been able to find a repeatable method behind it and the switch test isn't giving me anything.

#7595 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I do know some individuals have replaced their drop target springs with a stronger aftermarket spring. I do wonder if that could have any affect on the variance, or even a natural variance in the springs themselves. A heavier spring will cause the targets to drop more regularly, but they also could cause the occasional resetting failure.

I have stock standup targets and springs and I am often getting bricked target shots. I know that Ghostbusters had the same issue and there was an aftermartket spring made availble or suggested as a replacement. Is this the same suggested spring replacement and is it considered 'a heavier spring'?

#7596 1 year ago

Here is my writeup on drop target springs...

10-364 - https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-extension-spring.html
This is what I'd consider the LIGHT spring. It's what we used in the original builds. It's the weakest spring and worked consistently in early games, but users started reporting issues with drop targets being rejected.

265-5003-00 - https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-drop-target-spring.html
This is what I'd consider the MEDIUM spring. It's what we're using in current builds. I feel this is the goldilocks spring. There might still be a limited number of rejects, but we haven't seen any drop target reset issues.

10-433 - https://www.pinballlife.com/drop-target-reset-spring.html
This is what I'd consider the HEAVY spring. A number of individuals on Pinside have switched to this machine with success. It will likely have the fewest number of rejects, but during our testing we experienced some drop target reset issues. If unchecked these issues could cause issues for the reset coil. I'm not saying don't use it, but I would advise the individual to keep a close eye on the behavior.

#7597 1 year ago

I just stretched the stock springs like 5 loops and haven’t had an issue since. Zero rejects and no reset issues. If the problem returns I’ll buy new springs.

#7598 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yeah, me too.
I'll talk to AJ.
RM

Same observation here with the start button not working sometimes after going into the menu.

#7599 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

Yes that's really odd that many times in a row. Mine was the only first five lights of that strip working also. If I pressed on the 6th LED, I could get the rest to come on momentarily so it did seem as a type of fail that could have been from a hit but who knows.

Regardless of what the real problem is, this weekend I saw an air ball that hit the strip at about the same spot again so I'm happy I added the clear tubing there to protect it now.

#7600 1 year ago
Quoted from DougB42:

Same observation here with the start button not working sometimes after going into the menu.

I reported this back in 1.03 code, happened during store menu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/152?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.