Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,960 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 340.
#7401 1 year ago

That is also a cool idea

Quoted from spandol:

Maybe make the far right shot that leaves the playfield worth more damage than the targets? For me it’s a tougher shot than the targets.

#7402 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nevermind figured it out, my first hedge Michael now working, I have feeling over time the others will have to be replaced too. Easy enough to do , problem is Im very bad at keeping wiring clean. Guess I will get that wire loom john_c posted about
[quoted image]

Can u tell me what ur seeing ? I didn’t screw it in completely yet was just testing it and need to hire wires

#7403 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Awesome! Did you break the mount Michael is attached too? It looks broke in pic.

Can u tell me what ur seeing ? I didn’t screw it in completely yet was just testing it and need to hire wires

#7404 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

0C93D26B-412C-48B4-9BE7-391F7BE80B9D (resized).jpeg0C93D26B-412C-48B4-9BE7-391F7BE80B9D (resized).jpeg
#7405 1 year ago

Oh wow u must have ate a lot of carrots or something , it’s just an imperfection in the plastic not a crack thanks for looking out though !

#7406 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh wow u must have ate a lot of carrots or something , it’s just an imperfection in the plastic not a crack thanks for looking out though !

Haha! No problem.

#7407 1 year ago

Finished my game setup today. One thing I noticed; is the house flipper supposed to sit like this? Seems kinda bad. I have to look back at Luke video on how to setup it but just wanted to make sure this is not a new default setting

P1060419 (resized).JPGP1060419 (resized).JPG
#7408 1 year ago

No, point the tip of the flipper to the guide hole in the playfield.

Quoted from Bagdad:

Finished my game setup today. One thing I noticed; is the house flipper supposed to sit like this? Seems kinda bad. I have to look back at Luke video on how to setup it but just wanted to make sure this is not a new default setting [quoted image]

#7409 1 year ago

The house mold can press on that flipper if it’s not put in right make sure it’s not rubbing against the house mold

#7410 1 year ago

Sanitarium/bottom led strip knocked out again. This really could use a little plastic shield to keep the ball away from that connection… if someone makes one I’ll buy it

#7411 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Sanitarium/bottom led strip knocked out again. This really could use a little plastic shield to keep the ball away from that connection… if someone makes one I’ll buy it

You’ll need to relocate that LED. Check my posts in this thread, you can do it with hand tools and hot glue.

#7412 1 year ago

There needs to be a master list for current bugs/code suggestions, not sure is Spooky is writing down and keeping track of every one posted in here. Don't really want to create another HW thread just for this, any ideas of how to accomplish this within this thread?

#7413 1 year ago

There is nothing confusing about having more than one mode active, you need to get better and learn how to play the game with strategy.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea friends were over and enjoyed the game but were often so confused what was going on with the modes stacked on each other or when stuck in sanitarium or house. Like what works and doesn't work anymore? Stacked modes can be really confusing but the game seems to only allow certain modes to be active at same time, so which is taking priority on shots? The modes need general cleanliness tweaks along with the other suggestions, or at least don't allow sanitarium and house modes to essentially go on forever

#7414 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

There is nothing confusing about having more than one mode active, you need to get better and learn how to play the game with strategy.

Although I can keep track of them, being my pin, I have to disagree. It is totally confusing to try to explain what is stacked when a friend is over playing, especially if they are not pinheads. Right next to my HWCE is our BM66 and this is much easier to demonstrate stacked modes and is what I use as a direct comparison when trying to explain. BM66 has different music and you can toggle between stacked modes with the action button. The music changes but so does all of the lit targets/shots etc. It is very obvious. I don't think that HW needs to be as elaborate but it should show all of the stacked modes and objectives more clearly. Regardless, I am enjoying it.

#7415 1 year ago

I think you may be misunderstanding the point which is that it may be confusing for a newbie to become locked INTO a mode that does not end without either draining or accomplishing what needs to be done. Especially if that newbie is not a skilled player. It is our suggestion that the player be able to light pumpkin modes while in house and Sanitarium so that you CAN stack and access more of what’s in the game.

I am a good player and don’t have a problem with House or Sanitarium but most players (especially location players and newbies) will be confused and frustrated.

Quoted from Lopa:

#7416 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think you may be misunderstanding the point which is that it confusing for a newbie to become locked INTO a mode that does not end without either draining or accomplishing what needs to be done. It is our suggestion that the player be able to light pumpkin modes while in house and Sanitarium so that you CAN stack and access more of what’s in the game.
I am a good player and don’t have a problem with House or Sanitarium but most players (especially location players and newbies) will be confused and frustrated.

New to the game and love it. I like most of the suggestions you guys throw out. I'm wondering if this game will get to the point where you can select the aspects of many of these modes within the menu. I know on some of my older williams games I'll set them to "easy" when I have friends over which makes it easier to get things and accomplish goals, particularly on RFM.

It would be cool if you could do that with this game. Things like set the number of blood drops for each award, number of times up the ramp to start Michael, number of times hitting judith for ball lock, etc. Of all the things "missing" on this game the ability to control and set up aspects like that are what I find most lacking.

#7417 1 year ago

They see em! Luke mentioned in the UM group that they are patching bux fixes for an updated 1.08 now. Shouldn’t be long before extra ball is restored etc etc

Quoted from manadams:

There needs to be a master list for current bugs/code suggestions, not sure is Spooky is writing down and keeping track of every one posted in here. Don't really want to create another HW thread just for this, any ideas of how to accomplish this within this thread?

#7418 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My flipper looks like this too. Would you mind sharing a pic where your flipper is?

#7419 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Other games with stacked modes typically are just simpler. The problem is this game especially with the various pumpkin modes has so many modes and there is also the problem of stacked targets cause of so many modes. Often in other games the targets and what you need to be doing is very straight forward, they got lot of complex modes in this one that are all playing over each other and it's like "will this shot count or not?" And the games feedback is not clear if you are making progress in a stacked mode or not. You often might be but heck if I see any indication cause it's hidden behind a sound cue perhaps that is cut off by other sound cues since this game is tossing so many out at once. Heck finishing a mode when stacked often just comes as a surprise when a video clip comes on... "oh I musta did something right..."

#7420 1 year ago

The point of buying a game from spooky is to get a different game than you would from stern. Spooky games are hard that’s they way they have always been. Play more, get better complete modes. Sanatarium is not a hard mode and neither is house.

My work around for this is to add an easy and hard modes, easy modes will spot you shots and the current would be hard mode.

#7421 1 year ago

I understand completely, noobs want flashy lights and multiball because pinball as a whole to the world outside of pinside doesn’t even understand that pinball can be a complex game. Apparently even some on pinside struggle with the notion that pinball can be complex and that not every shot is going to be easy.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think you may be misunderstanding the point which is that it may be confusing for a newbie to become locked INTO a mode that does not end without either draining or accomplishing what needs to be done. Especially if that newbie is not a skilled player. It is our suggestion that the player be able to light pumpkin modes while in house and Sanitarium so that you CAN stack and access more of what’s in the game.

#7422 1 year ago

I happen to like hard games and I happen to really like THIS game. I just think it would be more dynamic as a fully open world. My suggestion has very little to do with difficulty level at all.

Quoted from Lopa:

I understand completely, noobs want flashy lights and multiball because pinball as a whole to the world outside of pinside doesn’t even understand that pinball can be a complex game. Apparently even some on pinside struggle with the notion that pinball can be complex and that not every shot is going to be easy.

#7423 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

My flipper looks like this too. Would you mind sharing a pic where your flipper is?

Take a look at the topic index at the beginning of this thread. "Upper playfield adjustment."

#7424 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Take a look at the topic index at the beginning of this thread. "Upper playfield adjustment."

Just curious where others have there flippers at. I can get across the balcony but I have to hit it just right when the ball is on the move. I get a lot of 3/4’s the way up the ramp and then back down again. And then drain to right flipper, left ramp to feed left flipper and then back up the center to try again. I have to say I’m getting really good at hitting the left and center ramps because of it.

#7425 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

The point of buying a game from spooky is to get a different game than you would from stern. Spooky games are hard that’s they way they have always been. Play more, get better complete modes. Sanatarium is not a hard mode and neither is house.
My work around for this is to add an easy and hard modes, easy modes will spot you shots and the current would be hard mode.

I don't find it "hard". It just comes off as messy.

#7427 1 year ago

Way I understand it is you put a toothpick in the hole on the playfield then let the flipper bat rest on top of the toothpick so it lines the flipper up then tighten it down then remove the toothpick.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#7428 1 year ago

Well, I am almost officially in the club.

Just received the email saying my game is ready to ship. Annnnnndddd of course it is when I am taking my first PTO in 6 months

Oh well, looks like next week. FYI I was #376 Spooky direct but asked to be pushed back to the 900's (hoping they would work through some of the early issues)

CE with Butter

#7429 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Yes this and absolutely another air ball shield. I assume many are broken like mine. It's just resting on the right side ledge. If anyone makes one I'm a buyer!

#7430 1 year ago

I posted this on the Ultraman thread but didn’t get an answer. I’d like to order a more rugged replacement scoop but I don’t know which is the least likely to bend. Recommendations?

After 4 weeks of use, the mystery scoop deflector on my Ultraman was bent backwards resulting in difficulty making shots to the scoop. I bent the deflector back to a 45 degree angle and the now the shot is much more reliable. I’ve seen a few posts about replacing the scoop to fix this issue. My question is, which replacement deflector is the most rugged and least likely to bend in the future? Bending the scoop back to 45 degrees every few weeks is not my preferred solution.

2B92F8F4-0A16-4E79-84E7-D5490326B0E7 (resized).jpeg2B92F8F4-0A16-4E79-84E7-D5490326B0E7 (resized).jpeg
#7431 1 year ago

The fact that Spooky is still shipping games with that inadequate part is just sad.

#7432 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

The fact that Spooky is still shipping games with that inadequate part is just sad.

LOL... Spooky really can't win sometimes... You think the part is inadequate (part is fine in my game but others seem to have a different experience) so you don't want them shipping games with that part in it. Okay, fine, but what if whatever the adequate part is cannot be sourced right now? Do you then not want them to ship games? Then you'd be here belly aching about how Spooky isn't shipping games fast enough or whatever... Sometimes it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Jeff

#7433 1 year ago

If it's bending back for a significant number of owners, basically breaking the shot, then yes, it should be addressed ASAP. Scoop is one of the most important shots and it becomes pretty much impossible to hit once the stop bends back.

I'm surprised yours hasn't bent.

#7434 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL... Spooky really can't win sometimes... You think the part is inadequate (part is fine in my game but others seem to have a different experience) so you don't want them shipping games with that part in it. Okay, fine, but what if whatever the adequate part is cannot be sourced right now? Do you then not want them to ship games? Then you'd be here belly aching about how Spooky isn't shipping games fast enough or whatever... Sometimes it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.
Jeff

I get your point, but pins should have durable parts in the first place. A scoop deflector, for example, is not a wear and tear item. It should be like a tank.

#7435 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I get your point, but pins should have durable parts in the first place. A scoop deflector, for example, is not a wear and tear item. It should be like a tank.

Fair enough, no real argument with the premise. I totally understand for some this has been an issue, but for others like myself it hasn't. So I guess I side with Spooky on this one in that they need to be shipping games so this part seems reasonable enough to do so. But yes, it should be extremely durable no doubt and that doesn't seem to be the case. Makes me wonder why some of us don't have issues and some do. No real good answer to that I don't think.

Jeff

#7436 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

If it's bending back for a significant number of owners, basically breaking the shot, then yes, it should be addressed ASAP. Scoop is one of the most important shots and it becomes pretty much impossible to hit once the stop bends back.
I'm surprised yours hasn't bent.

To date, it has not. Not sure what makes mine special but I know I'm not the only owner who doesn't seem to have this issue. I agree it's an important shot and is crucial to the flow of the game and rule set but it just hasn't been an issue for me (and others).

Jeff

#7437 1 year ago

I seen a lot of complaints regarding this scoop, and I also had a problem with it bending up and constant rejects. My solution was to add more scoop to the scoop. I took the part off and reshaped it a bit, and welded on a more rounded scoop, and it has been great since.

P7262576 (resized).JPGP7262576 (resized).JPG
#7438 1 year ago

Well, my Halloween is inoperative once again. I have two trough switches that have gone bad. The #2 switch is slow to actuate when a ball rolls over top and the #5 switch is completely dead (will not close). As a result, I am unable to play a game as the machine thinks there is a ball missing.

I've already requested warranty service through Spooky but I'm going to do a little research and see if I can find better quality alternatives.

#7439 1 year ago

If it’s slow to actuate I’d just attempt to adjust it. If you call them they’ll send out replacement for the inoperable switch really quick. I requested something for my ACNC and I had it three days later!

>blockquote cite="#7046759">Well, my Halloween is inoperative once again. I have two trough switches that have gone bad. The #2 switch is slow to actuate when a ball rolls over top and the #5 switch is completely dead (will not close). As a result, I am unable to play a game as the machine thinks there is a ball missing.
I've already requested warranty service through Spooky but I'm going to do a little research and see if I can find better quality alternatives.

#7440 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I posted this on the Ultraman thread but didn’t get an answer. I’d like to order a more rugged replacement scoop but I don’t know which is the least likely to bend. Recommendations?

Get a replacement from Spooky and bend it to 40 Degrees before install.
If it is bending back from impact, this should slow that down by increasing the deflection angle.

So far my scoop has been rock solid. Though saying such is probably the best way to invite issues.

#7441 1 year ago

Ok…HOW am I NOT going to buy these? They’re actually fresh as a mahfakk

D0320575-3E10-4FC3-AF78-39C328E67801 (resized).jpegD0320575-3E10-4FC3-AF78-39C328E67801 (resized).jpeg
#7442 1 year ago

I really need a replacement scoop as well but can’t seem to find one to purchase. The bending thing only works temporarily

Quoted from Mrg50:

After 4 weeks of use, the mystery scoop deflector on my Ultraman was bent backwards resulting in difficulty making shots to the scoop. I bent the deflector back to a 45 degree angle and the now the shot is much more reliable. I’ve seen a few posts about replacing the scoop to fix this issue. My question is, which replacement deflector is the most rugged and least likely to bend in the future? Bending the scoop back to 45 degrees every few weeks is not my preferred solution.[quoted image]

#7443 1 year ago

Hey gang. I don't play as much as many of you. I am asking if there is any mode where when you hit the left flipper the first hedge Michael peeks out every time? That is happening in my game during some mode.

thanks

#7444 1 year ago

No, check the optos in the subway of your first hedge. Might be loose or something blocking it etc.

Quoted from coasterguy:

Hey gang. I don't play as much as many of you. I am asking if there is any mode where when you hit the left flipper the first hedge Michael peeks out every time? That is happening in my game during some mode.
thanks

#7445 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, check the optos in the subway of your first hedge. Might be loose or something blocking it etc.

Thank you

#7446 1 year ago

Thanks to John_c I got my first hedge Michael working and got this wire loom stuff to hide the wires ! Looks good to me , now to figure out how to remove that plastic to change the second and third Michael servo . Also found many uses of this wire loom around the house found myself wrapping everything in it
Thanks man

CE63228F-21C6-4C11-9CC1-E4EEA5DC72A9 (resized).jpegCE63228F-21C6-4C11-9CC1-E4EEA5DC72A9 (resized).jpeg

Ive also been using this suction cup I got from marco specialties a lot to help me remove the glass. It makes it so much easier. I dont have to worry about the glass edges, or fingerprints etc, makes it basically a one hand operation.
Highly recommend.
IMG_6467 (resized).jpegIMG_6467 (resized).jpeg

#7447 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

. I have two trough switches that have gone bad.

Have you tried bending the levers up a little?

I presume they still use the roller type switches same as Sterns?

These do need adjustment from time to time. A tiny bend to the lever is usually all they need.

Put the machine into switch test and roll one ball down from the drain. The switches should show as the ball rolls over them. Load the rest in one at a time, and each switch with a ball on top of it should show as active.

Another issue with troughs is my oft-mentioned magnetic ball issue. One magnetic ball and it’ll stop the balls rolling down the trough and create issues.

rd

#7448 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You’ll need to relocate that LED. Check my posts in this thread, you can do it with hand tools and hot glue.

I’ve replaced my Sanitarium playfield LED strip 3 times already due to some of the lights failing. What is this fix you speak of? I can’t find it.

#7449 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

I’ve replaced my Sanitarium playfield LED strip 3 times already due to some of the lights failing. What is this fix you speak of? I can’t find it.

I need to do this as well as mine is out.

#7450 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

There are two common issues with this part of the game:

1. The Sanitarium LED strip fails. In this instance, Spooky will send you a replacement strip and you resinstall. Takes 20 minutes and you’ll need some thin, clear zip ties. I had to replace mine three times.

2. One of the Sanitarium lights (inserts) has failed, causing the subsequent string to fail (similar to Christmas lights). You’ll lose Sanitarium inserts and the lower LED strip. This is usually caused by the plunged ball smacking the LED socket and breaking it. In this instance, you’ll need to replace the broken socket. This is a gigantic pain in the ass. I took pictures in a previous thread to help anyone with a similar problem.

So, if you’re just missing the Sanitarium LED strip and nothing else, just get a new one from Spooky and replace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 16,960 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.