20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 339.
#7351 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

That was likely me. I had an issue with the original servos and what was termed "Michael creep". What is happening is these servos are receiving micro-pulses of electricity, causing them to slowly creep outwards from behind the bushes. Is was so bad on my machine, that the Michaels were eventually being driven into the bushes where they would stay until I reset them. I eventually had one servo fail completely. That's why there is now code in the software that kicks in when you hit a blood target below a servo; you'll see the Michael servo above the target jump out a bit and then go back in again.
Based on my own research, I felt the OEM servos where pretty crappy. So I replaced all three servos with alternate versions (amazon.com link »). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the OEM servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did.
As an aside, these servos are dark in color, not the blue of the original servos. So I took the extra time of enclosing the servo wiring in split loom to make them less noticeable. I definitely like the darker colors along the left side of the machine now.[quoted image]

How do the new servos wire plug in? Any difference from the factory one?

#7352 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How do the new servos wire plug in? Any difference from the factory one?

No difference. They use the same connector (most servos do) and plug right in.

#7353 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Please pin this post. Plastic vs metal servos are a couple of bucks in price difference, and well worth the upgrade. I learned this when building my R2-D2, which has 50-something servos. You don’t want failures.
I’d love a specific model number of the servos themselves

Glad to see another astromech builder here! Built mine years ago and he is in need of some updates but haven’t found the time yet.

#7354 1 year ago

Is the Judith lock glitchy or not understanding it? Flowchart says you got to hit in 5 times to lock a ball, now i've had it lock early several times and I swear I didn't hit it 5 times. Is it five times your entire play of the game or 5 times without losing a ball? The dialogue about Judith's plot is needed for it to count as one of those 5 times or is it simpler than that?

#7355 1 year ago

Hey all-Coindropper just dropped his magnificent custom free Halloween cards. I use glossy high quality photo paper printed from my regular printer and they turn out great. The stock cards are just too bland and these cards make it pop-several versions to choose from(thanks Coindropper!)...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/30

Halloween card (resized).jpgHalloween card (resized).jpg

#7356 1 year ago

Okay I was hoping Spooky corrected the powdercoat issue but apparently not, huh? #706 inbound

#7357 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Glad to see another astromech builder here! Built mine years ago and he is in need of some updates but haven’t found the time yet.

Yep, same! Mine doesn't move currently; I've got to get a free weekend to get back to it.

#7358 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Okay I was hoping Spooky corrected the powdercoat issue but apparently not, huh? #706 inbound

They probably had a huge batch done all at once. You're better off just getting the 2K and covering it, because even if you get a replacement lockbar, it's not going to match the color of the rest of the game because they were done at different times.

#7359 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is the Judith lock glitchy or not understanding it? Flowchart says you got to hit in 5 times to lock a ball, now i've had it lock early several times and I swear I didn't hit it 5 times. Is it five times your entire play of the game or 5 times without losing a ball? The dialogue about Judith's plot is needed for it to count as one of those 5 times or is it simpler than that?

It locks immediately if you hit it during the skill shot phase.
If not you have to hit it 5 times during the same ball.

#7360 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It locks immediately if you hit it during the skill shot phase.
If not you have to hit it 5 times during the same ball.

ah ok that might be whats confusing me as I was concerned why sometimes it seemed like I was auto locking balls

#7361 1 year ago

ah ok that might be whats confusing me as I was concerned why sometimes it seemed like I was auto locking balls

Hitting the Judith Lane (Science Patrol lane in UM) during the Skill Shot active phase is the "Secret Skill Shot"

It immediately locks the ball (danesi lock) and kicks another into play.

It essentially acts like a hardware ball save with no timeout; if you drain while a ball is in there, it gives that locked ball back to you, but you have to be careful not to hit the drop target and release the ball during gameplay or you lose the ball save function, but you get kind of a 2-ball mini multiball

RM

#7362 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

...but you have to be careful not to hit the drop target and release the ball during gameplay or you lose the ball save function, but you get kind of a 2-ball mini multiball
RM

I guess if you're using it strictly as a ball save. If you release it it's 2X scoring whilst balls are in play.

#7363 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No difference. They use the same connector (most servos do) and plug right in.

Ok cool. Thank you!!

#7364 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Definitely order some 2k clear coat. I ordered high gloss. Do not use any metal paint prep cleaner. It will take the gold off. Use Ajax dish soap and water. Don’t need much Ajax.

Get a respirator and do it in a well ventilated area. Also some latex gloves. One can will do multiple coats for side armor and lockdown bar.

Depending on temperature wait 4 minutes between each coat. Spray at about 8” away.
I usually do 4 passes on each coat. Wait 4 minutes and do it again.

Might as well use while can because once you activate it you only have 48 hours to use it.

Mine has held up now for a few months with no issue. Also used 2k on a stern Dracula playfield I restored. Sold it to my friend and still holding up fine.

#7365 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7366 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Definitely order some 2k clear coat. I ordered high gloss. Do not use any metal paint prep cleaner. It will take the gold off. Use Ajax dish soap and water. Don’t need much Ajax.
Get a respirator and do it in a well ventilated area. Also some latex gloves. One can will do multiple coats for side armor and lockdown bar.
Depending on temperature wait 4 minutes between each coat. Spray at about 8” away.
I usually do 4 passes on each coat. Wait 4 minutes and do it again.
Might as well use while can because once you activate it you only have 48 hours to use it.
Mine has held up now for a few months with no issue. Also used 2k on a stern Dracula playfield I restored. Sold it to my friend and still holding up fine.

How fast do you go across the lockbar when doing each pass? I don't want pooling but I also don't want to have an uneven coat. I've only used this stuff once and I dont' remember if it sprays the same as say, Rustoleum

#7367 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How fast do you go across the lockbar when doing each pass? I don't want pooling but I also don't want to have an uneven coat. I've only used this stuff once and I dont' remember if it sprays the same as say, Rustoleum

It sprays the same a rustoleum. So do what you normally do with that. Nice smooth back and forth. Not slow not fast.

#7368 1 year ago

It sometimes feels like Sanitarium mode and the house fight stuff can drag out forever and never end. The whole modes unlocked over other modes is kinda sloppy, wish it had another way to combine them or at least end a previous mode, or some form of unlock that cancels a lesser mode? Dunno but it's hard to keep track of multiple things going on and again it's really annoying the music of sanitarium mode which feels like once it's on, never goes away.

The Laurie vs Myers stuff also has been said several times but feels like Laurie never "dies" cause it's too easy to heal her so that also sometimes just never ends.

#7369 1 year ago

It sometimes feels like Sanitarium mode and the house fight stuff can drag out forever and never end. The whole modes unlocked over other modes is kinda sloppy, wish it had another way to combine them or at least end a previous mode, or some form of unlock that cancels a lesser mode? Dunno but it's hard to keep track of multiple things going on and again it's really annoying the music of sanitarium mode which feels like once it's on, never goes away.
The Laurie vs Myers stuff also has been said several times but feels like Laurie never "dies" cause it's too easy to heal her so that also sometimes just never ends.

I think everyone agrees on this on both HWN and UM, and we are all hoping Spooky puts a feature in the next code update where the rate of health loss is changeable. Easy (slow) - Medium (medium) -Hard (fast) - Extra Hard (cannot add health bars back)

RM

#7370 1 year ago

I have a new metal servo coming today for the first hedge mike , I dont know too much about these things, are they just plug and play or does it require adjustment?
Thanks

#7371 1 year ago

House should time out way faster, allow for the ability to start other modes when lit as well as keep saved progress (which it does now in 1.08). Getting locked into this mode and having it take over the entire game until you drain is the number one reason why novice players will dislike this game. House should be something you can chip away at over the course of a game…not get stuck in unwillingly. Especially considering that if you can’t complete it you will just get stuck in it over and over and over again and probably never see any of the other games features. What do novice players do when they step up to a game? They shoot ramps. What happens when you shoot ramps on HWN? You get stuck in House. What happens to a novice player that can’t finish house? They ONLY see House mode every time they play and they think the game sucks. No bueno. BUT! A very easy fix.

(We of course know the rules and know that the game is awesome. But lesser players or folks who don’t know the rules are getting stuck in house and sani and that’s no fun for them. And it certainly doesn’t help the way this game is viewed and reviewed).

Sanitarium shouldn’t take over AV precedent until you are IN the multi. Also, Sanitarium should allow you to light other modes before qualifying it’s multi. That way you can ignore it if you don’t want to play, bring another mode in for a stack before finishing the final sani shot it OR you just don’t get stuck in it for an entire ball if you are novice player that can’t complete the qualifying shots.

These things seem very obvious to me and others and I can’t imagine Spooky won’t implement these changes to make HWN/UM a more dynamic and more open playing experience. These few small changes will take these two games into the f’n stratosphere!

#7372 1 year ago

Printed out Coindropper's free custom Halloween cards- they look fantastic and add a little color to the apron...

I purchase the glossy photo paper from Walmart. I then open image in paint app and drag the page down to make the pdf the correct scale. I wanted them a tad bigger to fit in the holes better so I enlarged them slightly by clicking on resize-dragging over image-then adjusting horizontally and vertically. Also make sure to set your printer for the optimal quality settings for printing. Change paper to high gloss and change output quality to high quality instead of normal.

-Cheers

DSC00491 (resized).JPGDSC00491 (resized).JPGDSC00489 (resized).JPGDSC00489 (resized).JPGDSC00493 (resized).JPGDSC00493 (resized).JPG

#7373 1 year ago

The Halloween house mod is one of the best mods ever made and it really adds to the aesthetics of the machine and ties in perfect...

DSC00485 (resized).JPGDSC00485 (resized).JPG
#7374 1 year ago

Loving this game. I received it back in March. It’s so different compared to my Sterns.. in a good way! My only complaint, and it’s not even a complaint. Just an opinion. Do you guys love the soundtrack? I love the Halloween theme song for multi balls and don’t fear the reaper for jack-o-lantern multi ball but the slow music during non mode game play is a bit boring. It’s supposed to be creepy but it doesn’t feel that way to me. Again, not complaining. Just wondered what others think.

#7375 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Loving this game. I received it back in March. It’s so different compared to my Sterns.. in a good way! My only complaint, and it’s not even a complaint. Just an opinion. Do you guys love the soundtrack? I love the Halloween theme song for multi balls and don’t fear the reaper for jack-o-lantern multi ball but the slow music during non mode game play is a bit boring. It’s supposed to be creepy but it doesn’t feel that way to me. Again, not complaining. Just wondered what others think.

I love all the music, they just need to tweak some audio levels at certain moments and not cut off Annie at start of hedge multiball. Also, "confounded man get away from him" callout frequency could be cut in half.

#7376 1 year ago

Where do you get the house mod at?

#7377 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Where do you get the house mod at?

Vimtoman makes these. PM him and he will provide you the details on how to order. I have one on the way currently.

#7378 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The Halloween house mod is one of the best mods ever made and it really adds to the aesthetics of the machine and ties in perfect...
[quoted image]

Where did you get that mod? It's really cool looking

#7379 1 year ago

Michael sighting.

20220723_113923 (resized).jpg20220723_113923 (resized).jpg

#7380 1 year ago

I F’d Joe Biden once. Don’t recommend it.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just saw this.
[quoted image]

#7381 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

House should time out way faster, allow for the ability to start other modes when lit as well as keep saved progress (which it does now in 1.08). Getting locked into this mode and having it take over the entire game until you drain is the number one reason why novice players will dislike this game. House should be something you can chip away at over the course of a game…not get stuck in unwillingly. Especially considering that if you can’t complete it you will just get stuck in it over and over and over again and probably never see any of the other games features.

How the hell are y'all not finishing this up in a trip or two to the house playfield? Are you not able to rip the spinners on the buttpretzel? Do they not spin correctly?

Shoot the middle ramp when qualified, hold right flipper up for a trap on UPF. Shoot early to 1st spinner and hold rt flipper up to bounce thru second, drop flipper to catch loop return, wait til ball rolls back to sweet spot, re-shoot 1st spinner, repeat maybe 2 or 3 times, pop the bridge, done.

If you lose control and it drains through the plumbing, shoot left ramp from the feed then back to center to try again.

#7382 1 year ago

I wasn’t speaking for myself. I can do it just fine haha. I do like the option to ignore the mode if I’d like to accomplish other things and I’ve seen newbies get frustrated by getting locked into a mode and not being able to accomplish it. I’m putting the game on location and I’ve got a lot of novice players so I think it just makes sense to code the house and Sanitarium to be open ended.

Quoted from metallik:

How the hell are y'all not finishing this up in a trip or two to the house playfield? Are you not able to rip the spinners on the buttpretzel? Do they not spin correctly?
Shoot the middle ramp when qualified, hold right flipper up for a trap on UPF. Shoot early to 1st spinner and hold rt flipper up to bounce thru second, drop flipper to catch loop return, wait til ball rolls back to sweet spot, re-shoot 1st spinner, repeat maybe 2 or 3 times, pop the bridge, done.
If you lose control and it drains through the plumbing, shoot left ramp from the feed then back to center to try again.

#7383 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Printed out Coindropper's free custom Halloween cards- they look fantastic and add a little color to the apron...
I purchase the glossy photo paper from Walmart. I then open image in paint app and drag the page down to make the pdf the correct scale. I wanted them a tad bigger to fit in the holes better so I enlarged them slightly by clicking on resize-dragging over image-then adjusting horizontally and vertically. Also make sure to set your printer for the optimal quality settings for printing. Change paper to high gloss and change output quality to high quality instead of normal.
-Cheers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did you print it on? Looks great.

#7384 1 year ago

I have a hard time getting on the balcony after depleting Michaels health.

#7385 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Vimtoman makes these. PM him and he will provide you the details on how to order. I have one on the way currently.

#metoo

#7386 1 year ago

I have the hardest time doing the sanitarium so that mode and it's terrible music never ends. I can do the top house fairly regularly but the sanitarium? The targets for that mode are a pain and I've often been stuck in infinite mode of that nonsense and nothing but the awful art of the nurse

Quoted from Geeterman1:

I have a hard time getting on the balcony after depleting Michaels health.

Yea it feels very random and not something that is easy to repeat. I can hit the spinners all day and keep that ball up there forever almost, but it's so many bounced balls just trying to get that tip to hit just right to go to the balcony.

And getting to the balcony, how is there no Loomis shooting myers off of it to go along with that?

#7387 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

do like the option to ignore the mode if I’d like to accomplish other things

Once you finish it the game seems to lock you out of starting it again, I guess til you play Boogeyman (before that existed you were locked out the rest of the game).

#7388 1 year ago

Yeah, I just think when you are in house and sanitarium you should be able to light pumpkin modes basically. That way you don’t feel like you are locked into a mode until you drain. Will make the gameplay wide open and more dynamic (and letters frustrating for newbies)

Quoted from metallik:

Once you finish it the game seems to lock you out of starting it again, I guess til you play Boogeyman (before that existed you were locked out the rest of the game).

#7389 1 year ago

LOTR (which these games are similar to) is like that, you don't lock out ring modes til the actual movie multiball starts. HWN/UM have this intermediary 'main mode' period for house/sanitarium, but there's still no need to lockout pumpkin modes during this time.

#7390 1 year ago

And really, why do sanitarium and house modes lock each other out? Let me start both so I can get a controlled feed to sanitarium from house, which would make starting sanitarium MB a lot less frustrating. As soon as either multiball is started, pause the progress on the other mode til multiball is over, then restore the other mode state.

#7391 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

And really, why do sanitarium and house modes lock each other out? Let me start both so I can get a controlled feed to sanitarium from house, which would make starting sanitarium MB a lot less frustrating. As soon as either multiball is started, pause the progress on the other mode til multiball is over, then restore the other mode state.

Spooky, are you listening to these guys?

#7392 1 year ago

Bottom line….proper coding is needed. This game “could” be epic. Fix the graphics, do what it takes to properly fix the code and you have created an epic package in Halloween!

Quoted from metallik:

#7393 1 year ago

I have cranked some Tool, killed the lights, great brew, premium herbs and some Halloween pinball.

Very good game that Can be great with some polish!

God bless Spooky team and God bless the weekend!

#7394 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I have cranked some Tool, killed the lights, great brew, premium herbs and some Halloween pinball.
Very good game that Can be great with some polish!
God bless Spooky team and God bless the weekend!

Cannot wait to do the same.

#7395 1 year ago

Yes, Make it so that the player is never locked into house or sanitarium until the multi begins.

Free reign, more stacks.
E P I C gameplay.

THIS is the key to unlocking the true potential of this game imo…

- allow for qualifying pumpkin modes after house is open UNTIL the multi-ball is started

- allow for qualifying pumpkin modes while Sanitarium is lit UNTIL the multi is started

- speed up Lauries health decline by at least 40% while saving progress on Michaels health. Raise MM damage about 20% on the Sanitarium target. 32 shots to finish House on the sanitarium playfield alone is bonkers (not that you would want to do that) 20 seems like a sweet spot. You want enough damage to occur that you actually WANT to shoot the shot basically. It has to be worth it.

- House AV does not begin until the final ramp shot is qualified. Sanitarium AV does not start until the final scoop shot is qualified.

This arrangement of mode interplay will prevent the house / sanitarium AV from taking over the entire experience until you either drain or accomplish the outcome that the game locks you into. With the ability to continue pumpkin mode progression while House and Sanitarium are you are able choose what you would like to focus on at any given time and allow more opportunities to bring in modes into multiballs.

Unfortunately metallik ’s suggestion for being able to run House and Sanitarium in tandem may be too sloppy considering that House now utilizes the Sanitarium playfield pretty heavily. Which I think is cool. So those two may need to stay separate from eachother but not from pumpkin modes.

Imagine the outcome of these adjustments and like if you agree. I LOVE this game but it has yet to reach its full potential. Making these adjustments will make for far more open ended, dynamic, progressive gameplay and every dumbo that decided to sell off their spots will f’n regret it BIGTIME.

Quoted from metallik:

#7396 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have a new metal servo coming today for the first hedge mike , I dont know too much about these things, are they just plug and play or does it require adjustment?
Thanks

Nevermind figured it out, my first hedge Michael now working, I have feeling over time the others will have to be replaced too. Easy enough to do , problem is Im very bad at keeping wiring clean. Guess I will get that wire loom john_c posted about
C54BFD30-B7C5-4E52-879E-47989FC0EB3E (resized).jpegC54BFD30-B7C5-4E52-879E-47989FC0EB3E (resized).jpeg

#7397 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nevermind figured it out, my first hedge Michael now working, I have feeling over time the others will have to be replaced too. Easy enough to do , problem is Im very bad at keeping wiring clean. Guess I will get that wire loom john_c posted about
[quoted image]

Awesome! Did you break the mount Michael is attached too? It looks broke in pic.

#7398 1 year ago

Question, is there much care and grooming of the hedges involved? Do they grow rapidly, require frequent trimming, watering, or fertilizing?

#7399 1 year ago

Yea friends were over and enjoyed the game but were often so confused what was going on with the modes stacked on each other or when stuck in sanitarium or house. Like what works and doesn't work anymore? Stacked modes can be really confusing but the game seems to only allow certain modes to be active at same time, so which is taking priority on shots? The modes need general cleanliness tweaks along with the other suggestions, or at least don't allow sanitarium and house modes to essentially go on forever

#7400 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

- speed up Lauries health decline by at least 40% while saving progress on Michaels health. Raise MM damage about 20% on the Sanitarium target. 32 shots to finish House on the sanitarium playfield alone is bonkers (not that you would want to do that) 20 seems like a sweet spot. You want enough damage to occur that you actually WANT to shoot the shot basically. It has to be worth it.

Maybe make the far right shot that leaves the playfield worth more damage than the targets? For me it’s a tougher shot than the targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/148?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.