IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 338.
#7301 1 year ago

I adjusted 1 of the weights on the shaker motor 90 degrees. It’s much better. You still get the glass rattle but definitely better.

0837CDE9-E9BB-41D7-A01C-B52F271F6CD3 (resized).jpeg0837CDE9-E9BB-41D7-A01C-B52F271F6CD3 (resized).jpeg2F921141-94F0-47C5-86D4-7810DED3DB48 (resized).jpeg2F921141-94F0-47C5-86D4-7810DED3DB48 (resized).jpeg
#7302 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I adjusted 1 of the weights on the shaker motor 90 degrees. It’s much better. You still get the glass rattle but definitely better. [quoted image][quoted image]

Great tip. I'll mess with the weights because I do like it on just not an earthquake. I'm being a princess I know lol

#7303 1 year ago

My armor if starting to discolor in areas of contact. I have seen some posts on this, is there a fix? Does Spooky have any way to address it?

6BC6609A-9DE5-47F1-9811-A3A6C059A9E3 (resized).jpeg6BC6609A-9DE5-47F1-9811-A3A6C059A9E3 (resized).jpeg9FF024C0-1868-4A21-9877-DFFFD32016F6 (resized).jpeg9FF024C0-1868-4A21-9877-DFFFD32016F6 (resized).jpeg
#7304 1 year ago

So starting having a recurring problem that I didn't notice before as I'm learning the game, but almost every game when I press start and a ball loads into the lane, the game is automatically triggering the skill shot success on me so I'm getting tons of free points. No idea what is going on and its kind of random but lately it happens to at least one or two balls per game when loading into the lane. Kind of not fun to be getting all these big free points. Also getting multiple skill shot hits sometimes somehow, where suddenly i'm racking up millions just doing nothing.

Wasn't having this before and it's now pretty consistent and annoying.

#7305 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So starting having a recurring problem that I didn't notice before as I'm learning the game, but almost every game when I press start and a ball loads into the lane, the game is automatically triggering the skill shot success on me so I'm getting tons of free points. No idea what is going on and its kind of random but lately it happens to at least one or two balls per game when loading into the lane. Kind of not fun to be getting all these big free points. Also getting multiple skill shot hits sometimes somehow, where suddenly i'm racking up millions just doing nothing.
Wasn't having this before and it's now pretty consistent and annoying.

Stuck switch on PF I would assume. Switch test mode and bang on PF see if it activates a switch.

#7306 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My hedge Michael closest to the flippers stopped working. He’s just stuck leaning forward, peeking around the bushes, and won’t go back behind them. Any ideas? Is this a common problem?
Also, does anyone else feel the Judith Myers shot progress should carry over from ball to ball? It doesn’t, right? You have to hit that shot 3 times to qualify the lock, but if you lose a ball, start over again? It’s one of the hardest shots to hit, for me at least. I’ve only locked a ball in there about 3-4 times in about 30 games. Seems like a 2-ball feature like that should be more common. Do other people get that ball lock frequently? A setting to allow progress to carry over would be awesome!
Lastly, when I start a new game quickly while the match segment is playing, I get “missed skill shot” nearly every time. Is a switch being triggered when the drop targets reset or something? If I give the game a few seconds before starting a new game, that doesn’t happen.

Happened to me allot, it would correct itself from time to time (middle hedge Michael). I replaced the Servo and that fixed it.

However the way the Servo connector was tie wrapped to the jumper/extender cable that the Servo connects too, may have been the issue.

Lots of tension on the jumper/extender wire that I believe pulled a wire from it's pin. I pushed the wire back in and electrical tapped it in place for now.

I plan on replacing the jumper/extender wire that runs from main board to servo connector.

#7307 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

My armor if starting to discolor in areas of contact. I have seen some posts on this, is there a fix? Does Spooky have any way to address it?[quoted image][quoted image]

Fix is to deal with it yourself. I don;t thi kSpooky has ever spoken on it? I was out of the thread for wHile though; apologies if they did.

#7308 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stuck switch on PF I would assume. Switch test mode and bang on PF see if it activates a switch.

It will tell me what switch is triggering if any?

#7309 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

I'm an anxiously waiting my late CE #922. Haven't gotten request for final payment from my distributor. Anyone know approx what production numbers are shipping?

Im 920 from Pinballstars. I havent heard from them yet, I am going butter, so i still expect some wait. Generally, i think they are in the 700s.

#7310 1 year ago

It will tell me what switch is triggering if any?

Yeah it should flash on the screen.

Do you switch your skill shot around before launching a ball? If not then it's probably whatever switch is active first for skill shot. Maybe the lower left target in front of Lock 1?

#7311 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it should flash on the screen.
Do you switch your skill shot around before launching a ball? If not then it's probably whatever switch is active first for skill shot. Maybe the lower left target in front of Lock 1?

Not even touching the flippers to choose the skillshot and it randomly triggers successful skillshot hit and awards the points. It's odd. Now I just had a bunch of games in a row where it didn't happen so it's random in how it happens. It does feel like something else someone said in which if you restart a game by pressing start right at the match screen, it seems to cause it to happen. But if I wait and let game over pop up and the lights come back on, when I press start it seems to not be happening. Weird bug in code?

#7312 1 year ago

It does feel like something else someone said in which if you restart a game by pressing start right at the match screen, it seems to cause it to happen. But if I wait and let game over pop up and the lights come back on, when I press start it seems to not be happening. Weird bug in code?

Huh that IS weird.
Well then let's note the location of the first skill shot target since it's happening bofore you do anything, and inspect that switch. We at least can test that; which maybe we can't as easily do with a bug.
and/or
Test starting a game on the match screen.

#7313 1 year ago

I’m having an issue with my Halloween, when I hit start, two balls go into the shooter lane automatically while the screen flashes ball saved right from the start. When the first ball drains though, it doesn’t recognize the second ball, thus game over. The next ball, process starts all over again. Put a ticket into spooky, but checking to see if anyone else had this issue. Just got the game last month, so only have about 50 plays on it.

#7314 1 year ago
Quoted from Gd2103:

I’m having an issue with my Halloween, when I hit start, two balls go into the shooter lane automatically while the screen flashes ball saved right from the start. When the first ball drains though, it doesn’t recognize the second ball, thus game over. The next ball, process starts all over again. Put a ticket into spooky, but checking to see if anyone else had this issue. Just got the game last month, so only have about 50 plays on it.

Sounds like yiu need to check the trough, outhole, & shooter lane switches.

#7315 1 year ago

Are issues starting to ramp up with the latest code drop, Or am I just paranoid because I'm getting closer lol?

#7316 1 year ago

Couple more bugs to report. Sanitarium multiball will start if you let ball drain to scoop instead of hitting far right shot on middle playfield and played Stalker mode but drained, next ball Stalker mode screen was still up with non mode music playing.

#7317 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

My armor if starting to discolor in areas of contact. I have seen some posts on this, is there a fix? Does Spooky have any way to address it?[quoted image][quoted image]

Spraymax 2k clear coat in a can. Yours looks not bad. Do NOT sand to prep. Just light rag cleaning or else the bronze coating will rub out.

#7318 1 year ago

Thank You

Quoted from underlord:

Spraymax 2k clear coat in a can. Yours looks not bad. Do NOT sand to prep. Just light rag cleaning or else the bronze coating will rub out.

#7319 1 year ago

I think technically the mid playfield scoop shot completes qualifying and then the multi begins after the ball exits that playfield regardless if you hit the far right shot.

Spooky might consider adding a value to the far right sanitarium shot OR award a third ball in multi for the far right shot OR add a jackpot increase for hitting that shot. OR…all three.

Then you would REALLY wanna hit that shot. That’s fun. Thats dynamic. That’s pinball.

What I wouldn’t give to fly out to Benton and solely work on rule tweaks and polish. I’ll work cheap!!! Haha

Quoted from manadams:

Couple more bugs to report. Sanitarium multiball will start if you let ball drain to scoop instead of hitting far right shot on middle playfield and played Stalker mode but drained, next ball Stalker mode screen was still up with non mode music playing.

#7320 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh that IS weird.
Well then let's note the location of the first skill shot target since it's happening bofore you do anything, and inspect that switch. We at least can test that; which maybe we can't as easily do with a bug.
and/or
Test starting a game on the match screen.

Yea I will do some more testing, I just had nothing but working games without it happening now for a while so gonna try again with rushing the start button at match screen or as soon as game finishes.

When it does happen, it seems to be right when the drop targets in the center pop right up and it triggers right then the skill shot success. Almost like it's turning on the skill shot before the targets are even up and them going up sometimes triggers the hit? But again it's been working now for a while when I go slow. Gonna play some more tonight and see if this is something I can get to replicate

#7321 1 year ago

Yea I will do some more testing, I just had nothing but working games without it happening now for a while so gonna try again with rushing the start button at match screen or as soon as game finishes.
When it does happen, it seems to be right when the drop targets in the center pop right up and it triggers right then the skill shot success. Almost like it's turning on the skill shot before the targets are even up and them going up sometimes triggers the hit? But again it's been working now for a while when I go slow. Gonna play some more tonight and see if this is something I can get to replicate

Sounds a lot like the switch for the drop could be too sensitive so when it pops up the jolting triggers the switch and it thinks it's made the shot. Try a switch test and bump the area around the switch a bunch of times to see if it'll trigger. if you drop the target and it pops up, watch for the switch to complete here as well. Good luck with the hunt!

#7322 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Sounds a lot like the switch for the drop could be too sensitive so when it pops up the jolting triggers the switch and it thinks it's made the shot. Try a switch test and bump the area around the switch a bunch of times to see if it'll trigger. if you drop the target and it pops up, watch for the switch to complete here as well. Good luck with the hunt!

Yea was thinking it's too sensitive maybe cause it looks like it happens sometimes when the target pops up on the reset. If it's the switch is being sensitive, is there an easy tweak for this?

#7323 1 year ago

Yea was thinking it's too sensitive maybe cause it looks like it happens sometimes when the target pops up on the reset. If it's the switch is being sensitive, is there an easy tweak for this?

Yes, the blade can be adjusted in either direction. Some mounting plates have oval holes for easy adjustment, too.

#7324 1 year ago

Mine does the same exact thing random skill shots missed sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t , seems to be an issue right after booting the game but if I boot it and let is sit for 10 mins it’s fine , I think it’s a code glitch

#7325 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mine does the same exact thing random skill shots missed sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t , seems to be an issue right after booting the game but if I boot it and let is sit for 10 mins it’s fine , I think it’s a code glitch

Yea I've seen a couple say this, but mine's doing the opposite and it's scoring me random successful skill shots which I hate as it ruins my true score. Hell I'd prefer it missing skill shots so I'm not getting free points I didn't earn. In one match I got over 9mil in free points from skill shots randomly triggering upon ball loading.

#7326 1 year ago

All setup. Yea I got a bit of a horror theme in the house. Wife says no more though......
[quoted image]

Got the same set-up plus TWD. Love the Horror Pins...

#7327 1 year ago

Yea I've seen a couple say this, but mine's doing the opposite and it's scoring me random successful skill shots which I hate as it ruins my true score. Hell I'd prefer it missing skill shots so I'm not getting free points I didn't earn. In one match I got over 9mil in free points from skill shots randomly triggering upon ball loading.

I'd look at the fin on your drop target (the thing that passes through the opto). There is normally a piece of rubber that sits on the top of the fin. If that's missing they are also coated with black paint. This paint can wear away. Using a painter marker I'd try to recolor those fins to see if that makes a difference. They tend to be pretty sensitive.

#7328 1 year ago

Received my CE #855 today. Something weird, the legs and coin door look nice & glossy and smooth to the touch. I'm gessing they were clear coated. But the lockbar and armor are not shinny at all and they feel like chalky when I touch them. Is this something normal ? Why would they clear coat the door and legs but not the parts that you touch every game??!

#7329 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Why would they clear coat the door and legs but not the parts that you touch every game??!

Hmmm....maybe trying a new clear or powder formula since the old one didn;t hold up to being touched anyway?

#7330 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Received my CE #855 today. Something weird, the legs and coin door look nice & glossy and smooth to the touch. I'm gessing they were clear coated. But the lockbar and armor are not shinny at all and they feel like chalky when I touch them. Is this something normal ? Why would they clear coat the door and legs but not the parts that you touch every game??!

My original glossy set that came with my machine wore off quickly. They sent a new set of rails and it is completely different than the rest of my machine. I’m still debating on what I’m going to do. Considering having it all re coated locally.

#7331 1 year ago

My original glossy set that came with my machine wore off quickly. They sent a new set of rails and it is completely different than the rest of my machine. I’m still debating on what I’m going to do. Considering having it all re coated locally.

Same here, they sent me a new set and the color is quite a bit darker. The old ones had a tacky, almost sticky feel; new ones feel like my Deadpool powder coating, which I prefer. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like the new ones because of the color difference, but now that I've got them on, I don't even notice. Spooky support has been great about making things right, AJ rocks!

#7332 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Same here, they sent me a new set and the color is quite a bit darker. The old ones had a tacky, almost sticky feel; new ones feel like my Deadpool powder coating, which I prefer. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like the new ones because of the color difference, but now that I've got them on, I don't even notice. Spooky support has been great about making things right, AJ rocks!

I’ll install mine and see how they look. Post a pic of you get time?

#7333 1 year ago

I cant wait to see the BSE powder in person

#7334 1 year ago

Will do, at work for a couple of more hours

#7335 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The wireforms and the speaker panels on the CE have the BSE sparkle on them and they're pretty sweet looking, a whole machine like that is going to be awesome!

#7336 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'd be happy just to see some photos of an assembled BSE. They can't be too far off now.

#7337 1 year ago

New lockdown and side rails installed, it’s honestly kind of hard to see the difference unless you’re really looking. The clear coat on the original makes it look shinier/brighter but it’s not noticeable enough to bother me. Last pic is of the new installed compared to the old. The only thing I worry about is the new powder coat holding up, seemingly without a clear coat now

6401A462-D728-4F7C-9A24-2255306D8055 (resized).jpeg6401A462-D728-4F7C-9A24-2255306D8055 (resized).jpeg9F71ED4D-76B6-4DAF-A276-00FB308A7F4C (resized).jpeg9F71ED4D-76B6-4DAF-A276-00FB308A7F4C (resized).jpegC8C1B15F-9D39-432D-98C4-78FFD65943D0 (resized).jpegC8C1B15F-9D39-432D-98C4-78FFD65943D0 (resized).jpegE0E9AF43-1FB5-405D-96DD-BAF99237A544 (resized).jpegE0E9AF43-1FB5-405D-96DD-BAF99237A544 (resized).jpeg
#7338 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

New lockdown and side rails installed, it’s honestly kind of hard to see the difference unless you’re really looking. The clear coat on the original makes it look shinier/brighter but it’s not noticeable enough to bother me. Last pic is of the new installed compared to the old. The only thing I worry about is the new powder coat holding up, seemingly without a clear coat now
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It is cleared. I had a long talk with Spooky about it a week or so ago. The powder color being used is the same as before. What has changed is the topcoat. Before they were just spaying the armor with regular clearcoat. Now they have upped their game to use 2K automotive grade clearcoat. The problem is the product slightly changes the color of the gold powder and Spooky wasn't able to source gloss bulk 2K paint. What they did get was satin (hence the different finish).

#7339 1 year ago

Had to change out servo on hedge #2 Michael already after two weeks, glad they sent a spare and hope this not a reoccurring thing.

#7340 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Had to change out servo on hedge #2 Michael already after two weeks, glad they sent a spare and hope this not a reoccurring thing.

Didn’t someone post less ‘plastiky’ servos they found online?

#7341 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Beats me, just want the ones in the game to hold up.

#7342 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Quoted from manadams:

Beats me, just want the ones in the game to hold up.

That was likely me. I had an issue with the original servos and what was termed "Michael creep". What is happening is these servos are receiving micro-pulses of electricity, causing them to slowly creep outwards from behind the bushes. Is was so bad on my machine, that the Michaels were eventually being driven into the bushes where they would stay until I reset them. I eventually had one servo fail completely. That's why there is now code in the software that kicks in when you hit a blood target below a servo; you'll see the Michael servo above the target jump out a bit and then go back in again.

Based on my own research, I felt the OEM servos where pretty crappy. So I replaced all three servos with alternate versions (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874JS7BX). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the OEM servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did.

As an aside, these servos are dark in color, not the blue of the original servos. So I took the extra time of enclosing the servo wiring in split loom to make them less noticeable. I definitely like the darker colors along the left side of the machine now.

Michaels_4 (resized).jpgMichaels_4 (resized).jpg
#7343 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

That was likely me. I had an issue with the original servos and what was termed "Michael creep". What is happening is these servos are receiving micro-pulses of electricity, causing them to slowly creep outwards from behind the bushes. Is was so bad on my machine, that the Michaels were eventually being driven into the bushes where they would stay until I reset them. I eventually had one servo fail completely. That's why there is now code in the software that kicks in when you hit a blood target below a servo; you'll see the Michael servo above the target jump out a bit and then go back in again.
Based on my own research, I felt the OEM servos where pretty crappy. So I replaced all three servos with alternate versions (amazon.com link »). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the OEM servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did.
As an aside, these servos are dark in color, not the blue of the original servos. So I took the extra time of enclosing the servo wiring in split loom to make them less noticeable. I definitely like the darker colors along the left side of the machine now.[quoted image]

Please pin this post. Plastic vs metal servos are a couple of bucks in price difference, and well worth the upgrade. I learned this when building my R2-D2, which has 50-something servos. You don’t want failures.

I’d love a specific model number of the servos themselves

#7344 1 year ago

Kind of confused where you change the hedge servo out from, is the end of the wire above or below the playfield?

#7345 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Kind of confused where you change the hedge servo out from, is the end of the wire above or below the playfield?

Above the playfield under the huge plastic, first servo plugs in before wires go under plastic.

#7346 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It is cleared. I had a long talk with Spooky about it a week or so ago. The powder color being used is the same as before. What has changed is the topcoat. Before they were just spaying the armor with regular clearcoat. Now they have upped their game to use 2K automotive grade clearcoat. The problem is the product slightly changes the color of the gold powder and Spooky wasn't able to source gloss bulk 2K paint. What they did get was satin (hence the different finish).

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation (and reassurance!)

#7347 1 year ago

I know many of you have had your games for a long while... I just got mine and haven't been able to play much but thought maybe I'd remind you of the joy of experiencing the features for the first time. I don't know what I'm doing yet but stumbled across JoL multiball for the first time tonight, and when that arpeggiated Am started playing - WOW chills!! Simply an amazing feeling. Also saw something I liked. Love this freaking game.

#7348 1 year ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I know many of you have had your games for a long while... I just got mine and haven't been able to play much but thought maybe I'd remind you of the joy of experiencing the features for the first time. I don't know what I'm doing yet but stumbled across JoL multiball for the first time tonight, and when that arpeggiated Am started playing - WOW chills!! Simply an amazing feeling. Also saw something I liked. Love this freaking game.

Love this! I’ve played this game on location/ shows multiple times but still waiting for the home delivery

#7349 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Love this! I’ve played this game on location/ shows multiple times but still waiting for the home delivery

#12. Replaced the first Michael servo…that’s all. This is a solid game (build wise). I’m sorry for those with more problems…Spooky has a customer service that is second to none. They will do everything in their power to make it right. Play wise…extremely unique and a blast to shoot. You will love it! This is also one beautiful pin, really a piece of art.

#7350 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Need to spray it with 2k clear coat. Spray lockdown bar and side armor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/147?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.