IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 340.
#7251 1 year ago

What is that, a steel flap covering a pf hole? Huh?
DC8979C0-E6C4-44A5-9D8C-EC39F44BB3D7 (resized).jpegDC8979C0-E6C4-44A5-9D8C-EC39F44BB3D7 (resized).jpeg

Unless that’s the ‘elevator’ ? Obviously I don’t have my HWN yet.

#7252 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Mine is on the line, and have only played a few games at MGC.
Can't wait to get the SFX in the home environment.
If you drain from a lift, does it have Halloween Murder SFX. Annie getting snuffed out? Lynda choked? Bob stabbed?

It’s Annie whimpering….

#7253 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]

Yes, and yes. It’s the ‘elevator’, and the way Spooky designed it so it also acts as a lane. Really simple and pretty cool. Easy to adjust and fix. Actually, this pin is easy to work on, and was designed that way by Spooky.

#7254 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]

That’s the exit from the elevator

#7255 1 year ago

So far got most things fixed it seems and mostly working good it seems, so getting more time with it do have some suggestions after latest code:

- Give us some shaker options, it's way way too aggressive and doesn't sound or feel right, it needs to be more subtle so adding shaker control would be amazing.

- The laurie vs the shape stuff was great addition but it's wayyyy to easy to stay healthy as Laurie and it feels like I always have full health while Myers has none. Regaining health should not be so easy or Laurie needs to lose health with time faster cause so many games I've gotten stuck in that game mode for too long. Only way to end it being to make the hard to get finale or to lose the ball to reset. But so many games I feel like Im stuck in a never ending mode cause of Lauries health.

Quoted from dnaman:

Version 1.08 now has the option for an operator to enable the shake motor to shake as a warning. You might not have noticed but the sling LEDs flash as an indicator as well, that has been since the first code that came with my HWCE. These are rather small changes but the rules are coming along nicely!

Theres also an audio cue when the ball is coming from an elevator. It takes a few plays to learn this cue.

#7256 1 year ago

I have run into an issue with my Halloween tonight that has rendered the game inop.

I was in the middle of a game, had a ball locked for Judith Myers. I lost the ball in play and then waited for the Judith Myers ball to release. But it never did. The game stalled and went into repeated ball searches.

Using the menu, I manually dropped the Judith Myers target and let the ball drain. Since the game was now locked up, I rebooted the machine.

Now after the reboot, the machine will not start a game at all. Pressing the Start button results in a "Searching for balls" message and ball-search.

Checking "Stuck Switch Test", all seven trough switches show Active. No other switches appear here.

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong or suggestions for further troubleshooting?

#7257 1 year ago

Anyone else lose your upper flippers mid game with the new code? It’s never happened before with old code. They are totally dead. If I check the coils in test they fire. But will not work during game play now?

#7258 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I have run into an issue with my Halloween tonight that has rendered the game inop.
I was in the middle of a game, had a ball locked for Judith Myers. I lost the ball in play and then waited for the Judith Myers ball to release. But it never did. The game stalled and went into repeated ball searches.
Using the menu, I manually dropped the Judith Myers target and let the ball drain. Since the game was now locked up, I rebooted the machine.
Now after the reboot, the machine will not start a game at all. Pressing the Start button results in a "Searching for balls" message and ball-search.
Checking "Stuck Switch Test", all seven trough switches show Active. No other switches appear here.
Any suggestions as to what might be wrong or suggestions for further troubleshooting?

Sounds to me like the game has lost a ball. Have you done a ball count to make sure you have them all? There are lots of places to hide a ball in Halloween.

#7260 1 year ago

Not sure about that. I was playing EHoH the other week on location, and it froze up on the same mode 3 times for me, ending my game each time. And that was playing $1 per game. And that pin has been out how long???

#7261 1 year ago

Hey look. It's a butthurt Flipper.

Everyone wave to the butthurt Flipper!

*Waves*

#7262 1 year ago

This makes no sense. Everyone has the same code, yet there is this single report of an issue. Most likely it is a mechanical/opto issue specific to this one game. It sucks, it happens.

#7263 1 year ago

-Drop in an extra ball and see what happens
-check trough optos including a “ball jam” opto if there is one
-check switch test to see if Myers target is locked on

Doesnt this game take 8 balls? They said there are enough balls that they could stage in the future. One ball you can lock in Judith Myers, the possibility of a six ball multi and an extra for future staging….thats 8. Could be wrong and I’m definitely not standing in front of the game.

Quoted from John_C:

#7266 1 year ago

Your opinion…and that’s all it is. Noted. Now please move on.

#7267 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

As mentioned previously, this is not a stuck ball issue; it's definitely code related. With all seven balls in the trough and all trough switches checking good, the machine would simply not start a game; It would do a ball search instead.

Last night, while doing more research on the web, I left the machine powered on. After an hour or so of not really finding anything, I went over to shut my machines off for the night and I thought I would give Halloween one more try. Surprisingly, pressing the Start button caused a game to begin.

Now, I have to ask WTF. How did the machine magically find the missing ball and allow a game to start?

#7268 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

*Waves*

*WAVES*

#7269 1 year ago

I would guess that the Judith target was stuck causing the game to believe there was a ball in there which would definitely cause an issue at startup. Or…there was a piece of dust or something in the subway blocking an Opto.

Quoted from John_C:

As mentioned previously, this is not a stuck ball issue; it's definitely code related. With all seven balls in the trough and all trough switches checking good, the machine would simply not start a game; It would do a ball search instead.
Last night, while doing more research on the web, I left the machine powered on. After an hour or so of not really finding anything, I went over to shut my machines off for the night and I thought I would give Halloween one more try. Surprisingly, pressing the Start button caused a game to begin.
Now, I have to ask WTF. How did the machine magically find the missing ball and allow a game to start?

#7270 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

-Drop in an extra ball and see what happens
-check trough optos including a “ball jam” opto if there is one
-check switch test to see if Myers target is locked on
Doesnt this game take 8 balls? They said there are enough balls that they could stage in the future. One ball you can lock in Judith Myers, the possibility of a six ball multi and an extra for future staging….thats 8. Could be wrong and I’m definitely not standing in front of the game.

It's 7 balls; sticker is right on the lockbar

I would definitely pull all 7 balls out to make sure one is not actually stuck somewhere and go from there.

RM

#7271 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Sorry, didn't see this post.

I'd say janky switch somewhere, test the trough switches first, mostly microswitches but there are a couple of optos I think?

RM

#7272 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

You know, both my EHOH and my Godzilla do this too. On occasion, (including yesterday, which is what made me think of it), I have to empty the trough and let the balls reload. No clue why, and I dont' remember ever having to do this on other games.

#7273 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Two words... Michael Meyers

#7274 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You know, both my EHOH and my Godzilla do this too. On occasion, (including yesterday, which is what made me think of it), I have to empty the trough and let the balls reload. No clue why, and I dont' remember ever having to do this on other games.

I have had balls stack up on top of eachother in the trough after lifting the playfield on GZ. I never had this issue with any other Stern. It seems to be the balls right by the shooter lane. When it happens, I just reach under the playfield and manually pop 2 balls out into the shooter lane. It's all good after they re-drain. That may be what you are experiencing.

#7275 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Ok I’m sure this has been discussed already. Just set up Halloween Ce 1173 and when I press start and ball enters the shooter lane the game also automatically awards me hedge lock 1 and the top Michael kicks out and back. Is this a known issue and if so, how do I fix ???
Thanks !

K9Marshal Have you found a fix for this? I am experiencing the same behaviour but with the middle hedge. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. But seems to happen more often than not.

#7276 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Version 1.08 now has the option for an operator to enable the shake motor to shake as a warning. You might not have noticed but the sling LEDs flash as an indicator as well, that has been since the first code that came with my HWCE. These are rather small changes but the rules are coming along nicely!

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Theres also an audio cue when the ball is coming from an elevator. It takes a few plays to learn this cue.

I did notice the LED flashes -- but that was only helpful if I wasn't looking up at the screen for status/info/what's-happening, as I tend to do during stalls.

I did eventually pick up on the audio cue, but not until I got to play it in the pre-show hours -- typically the expo was very loud/noisy and hard to hear the game audio.

I really like the idea of the shaker as a warning. For example, on 'traditional' games with a stall, there's some sort of coil/mech that has to eject the ball so even if you're looking up and the screen and/or can't hear due to noisy arcade/environment, you still have that tactile indication -- "some mech just clicked, my ball must be loose now!" ... so adding a shaker indicator would be smart.

#7277 1 year ago

This came across my FB feed:

F2759BFE-2CB9-41F4-B141-41BF3E5A5E5A (resized).jpegF2759BFE-2CB9-41F4-B141-41BF3E5A5E5A (resized).jpeg
#7278 1 year ago

Well, I just paid my $8950 remaining balance for my CE with butter. #376 that I pushed back as long as I could.

You fuckers better be right about this pin!! My first NIB after 25 or so pins.

#7279 1 year ago

I have an UM, not WHN, but...

With the new code 1.08 I have occasionally had:

The Start button stop responding, like in the Spacium Store or to select Kaiju, then start working again; sometimes I have to reboot the game

The Upper flipper goes dead, even when there is still a ball up there. Not often, but it does happen occasionally.

Sometimes, when I start a game and the ball enters the shooter lane the game also automatically awards me Baltan Lock 1 and the top Baltan kicks out and back, killing the Skill Shot before I even plunge the ball

RussM

#7280 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

You fuckers better be right about this pin!!

Hey I told you not to get the butter man

#7281 1 year ago

I'm an anxiously waiting my late CE #922. Haven't gotten request for final payment from my distributor. Anyone know approx what production numbers are shipping?

#7282 1 year ago

Those experiencing the issue with the upper flipper suddenly stopping, are you sure you aren't just running out of Laurie's health? When her health runs out, either from timing out (-1% per second) or hitting the red drop target (-10% per hit) the flippers will stop working and the mode fails. I have not come across another issue, but I'll keep an eye out as I'm testing.

#7283 1 year ago

Just wondering if ball staging is still in the pipeline or not, was just watching a PAPA video of Spectrum and was loving the way the ball would return quick when it disappeared up the top or middle.
I know people think it doesn’t need it but I’m pretty sure I would prefer it with staging, I’m going to find out pretty soon anyway!

#7284 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Those experiencing the issue with the upper flipper suddenly stopping, are you sure you aren't just running out of Laurie's health? When her health runs out, either from timing out (-1% per second) or hitting the red drop target (-10% per hit) the flippers will stop working and the mode fails. I have not come across another issue, but I'll keep an eye out as I'm testing.

Since her health goes down so slowly I'd be more inclined to think poor flipper gapping if it happens a lot; which mine had issues with.
I HAVE also experienced this problem a time or 2 on old & new code though.

#7285 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Since her health goes down so slowly I'd be more inclined to think poor flipper gapping if it happens a lot; which mine had issues with.
I HAVE also experienced this problem a time or 2 on old & new code though.

This was my issue. I adjusted the switch and all is good.

#7286 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That is entirely possible; I'll have to keep a closer eye on that.

The flipper stopped and there was still one or two balls up there AND one of them got trapped under the flipper and had to wait until a ball search freed it.

RM

#7287 1 year ago

If you were already in House Multiball then that can't be the issue. The health is only a factor during that first phase. Once you get to multiball the flipper should continue to be working until you drain down to one ball. If it happens again please send me a PM.

#7288 1 year ago

My hedge Michael closest to the flippers stopped working. He’s just stuck leaning forward, peeking around the bushes, and won’t go back behind them. Any ideas? Is this a common problem?

Also, does anyone else feel the Judith Myers shot progress should carry over from ball to ball? It doesn’t, right? You have to hit that shot 3 times to qualify the lock, but if you lose a ball, start over again? It’s one of the hardest shots to hit, for me at least. I’ve only locked a ball in there about 3-4 times in about 30 games. Seems like a 2-ball feature like that should be more common. Do other people get that ball lock frequently? A setting to allow progress to carry over would be awesome!

Lastly, when I start a new game quickly while the match segment is playing, I get “missed skill shot” nearly every time. Is a switch being triggered when the drop targets reset or something? If I give the game a few seconds before starting a new game, that doesn’t happen.

#7289 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My hedge Michael closest to the flippers stopped working. He’s just stuck leaning forward, peeking around the bushes, and won’t go back behind them. Any ideas? Is this a common problem?
Also, does anyone else feel the Judith Myers shot progress should carry over from ball to ball? It doesn’t, right? You have to hit that shot 3 times to qualify the lock, but if you lose a ball, start over again? It’s one of the hardest shots to hit, for me at least. I’ve only locked a ball in there about 3-4 times in about 30 games. Seems like a 2-ball feature like that should be more common. Do other people get that ball lock frequently? A setting to allow progress to carry over would be awesome!
Lastly, when I start a new game quickly while the match segment is playing, I get “missed skill shot” nearly every time. Is a switch being triggered when the drop targets reset or something? If I give the game a few seconds before starting a new game, that doesn’t happen.

Happened to me once. I took the glass off and pushed his ass back behind the hedge and he’s worked fine ever since.

#7290 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I thought the Judith lock took like 5 hits no? No clue on progression from ball to ball if it carries over. Also if you hit that after plunge (before activating other switches) it will lock on first hit. Like a special skill shot.

#7291 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Happened to me once. I took the glass off and pushed his ass back behind the hedge and he’s worked fine ever since.

I tried that, I pushed him back, he worked again for a few games, then he retired again in the same “peeking” around position. I can’t get him to hide, and it’s just not the same with him being so conspicuous.

#7292 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I thought the Judith lock took like 5 hits no? No clue on progression from ball to ball if it carries over. Also if you hit that after plunge (before activating other switches) it will lock on first hit. Like a special skill shot.

It could be 4 or 5 hits, which feels like a lot. It would be awesome if a setting allowed that to either carry over or be adjustable. I did know the ball locks if hit before any other switch on the plunge. I’ve maybe pulled that off once.

#7293 1 year ago

I've mentioned this on other posts so sorry for being a weirdo...the Shaker. It is absolutely insane how crazy it gets (waaay to aggressive). My wife like never comes down to pin area but other day she walked down and was like "what is happening with your game?". Haha. My daughter who will play on occasion did the same thing like Dad your Halloween is broken!

Just a minute ago I was in a mode and triggered sanitarium. When the ball went down sanitarium it kind of gets confused and sits in there for a while. That has happened multiple times to the point I want to avoid it if in a mode. Anyway it eventually figures it out and kicks ball out.

Today when it was stuck in there the Shaker went ape shit like normal when that happens but was stuck for like a minute plus. Maybe more. I started to smell that electric burn smell and decided to unplug the Shaker.

Anyone at spooky or on the thread having either issue? Shaker so nuts the whole game seems like it's having an exorcism? Or code confused on sanitarium activated while in a specific mode or multiball?

Neither crazy (besides burn smell), as code improves things like this will go away.

Thanks!!!

#7294 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I've mentioned this on other posts so sorry for being a weirdo...the Shaker. It is absolutely insane how crazy it gets (waaay to aggressive). My wife like never comes down to pin area but other day she walked down and was like "what is happening with your game?". Haha. My daughter who will play on occasion did the same thing like Dad your Halloween is broken!
Just a minute ago I was in a mode and triggered sanitarium. When the ball went down sanitarium it kind of gets confused and sits in there for a while. That has happened multiple times to the point I want to avoid it if in a mode. Anyway it eventually figures it out and kicks ball out.
Today when it was stuck in there the Shaker went ape shit like normal when that happens but was stuck for like a minute plus. Maybe more. I started to smell that electric burn smell and decided to unplug the Shaker.
Anyone at spooky or on the thread having either issue? Shaker so nuts the whole game seems like it's having an exorcism? Or code confused on sanitarium activated while in a specific mode or multiball?
Neither crazy (besides burn smell), as code improves things like this will go away.
Thanks!!!

I didn’t experience any smoke or smell, but I definitely felt the shaker was stealing the show and spoiling the atmosphere. I unplugged mine.

#7295 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

...which feels like a lot. It would be awesome if a setting allowed that to either carry over or be adjustable.

Unlimited 2x scoring is kind of a big deal, it's already not that tough to get off the skill shot

#7296 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Unlimited 2x scoring is kind of a ball deal, its already not that tough to get off the skill shot

Is that only off the skill shot or does that 2x scoring happen after locking in Judith during regular play?

#7297 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Is that only off the skill shot or does that 2x scoring happen after locking in Judith during regular play?

Both.
I'm not shooting 5 shots for 1 extra ball when I can get MB with 3 shots

#7298 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Thanks!!!

I agree shaker is crazy. I’m going to mess with the weights on the shaker to see if I can get it a little less explosive…

#7299 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

*Waves*

I thumbed-up this post only cuz it was funny.

And he is butthurt.

And a flipper.

And I waved and he didn’t wave back. Pfffft…

#7300 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Both.
I'm not shooting 5 shots for 1 extra ball when I can get MB with 3 shots

Very true! Although I'm not good enough to get multiball on 3 shots. Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/146?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.