IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 340.
#7151 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I thought there were P. J. Soles bewbs when adult mode was on? All they showed was just above her chest. I WANT BEWBS DAMMIT!!! . Future polish suggestion is to raise volume of Laurie and Annie and not cut Annie off too soon right before start of Hedge Multiball.

Cross the staircase to see boobs my son…..

#7152 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's at completion of the mode

I completed it a coupe of times and it went straight to hurry up shot, maybe because it was stacked with another mode.

#7153 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

...maybe because it was stacked with another mode.

This being the #1 issue with the game.

#7154 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Cross the staircase to see boobs my son…..

Shows here filing her nails with no bewbs when I do that.

#7155 1 year ago

Hit the flashing shots beside the left ramp then a left ramp shot after you go across the bridge to unleash the girls!

Quoted from manadams:

Shows here filing her nails with no bewbs when I do that.

#7156 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Could someone recommend a USB drive which seems to work well with Halloween?

I actually tried some 32gb USB's (back with ACNC and RaM) that would not work for updates... I used an older Lexar 16gb drive that worked fine and has been my pinball updater since. My WOZ had some USB issues in the past as well with updates and that Lexar 16gb works on it too. So now it has just one purpose.

#7157 1 year ago

Finally saw some bewbs but seemed like the aspect ratio cut part of them off, guess the movie clips are the same way. More like a bewb and a half lol.

#7158 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Finally saw some bewbs but seemed like the aspect ratio cut part of them off, guess the movie clips are the same way. More like a bewb and a half lol.

I'd put in a a code enhancement request to use the flippers the same way you could scrub a VHS frame-by-frame for completion of this mode only.

#7159 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

When she says….. do you like what you see? You have to say…. Yes, yes I do. Then she shows you all the bewbs. It was part of the v1.08 update.

#7160 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I'd put in a a code enhancement request to use the flippers the same way you could scrub a VHS frame-by-frame for completion of this mode only.

LOL

#7161 1 year ago

I’m having random missed skill
Shot before I even launch the ball any ideas ?

#7162 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Seems like a switch is being activated

#7163 1 year ago

Ultraman code looks great, too, but we don't get bewbs. lol

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Go into switch test, and use your palm to bang on the playfield between the slings. See if that shows Switch 17 being activated. If so, that is the issue as the game thinks a switch had been activated before the skill shot is hit, and says it was missed. The issue is Switch 17 is not used in the game but can come up as a phantom switch hit if the connector and pin on the board wiggle just right (like trough kicking out a ball). I only know this because i was chasing the same issue with my skillshot, and AJ and Bug confirmed Switch 17 is not a named Switch in the game.

#7165 1 year ago

When she says….. do you like what you see? You have to say…. Yes, yes I do. Then she shows you all the bewbs. It was part of the v1.08 update.

Yes as of v 1.08 but you have to connect a supported USB Bluetooth dongle and then pair your headset w/mic. It's amazing!

#7166 1 year ago

Updated code with zero problems. Easy peasy, and I must say…some really nice polish in the modes, audio, light shows etc. I loved the game at 1.07 and I’m loving it more it at 1.08. Can’t wait to see what future updates make of this already stellar pin. I honestly can’t for the life of me understand why some people don’t like this game. It’s bordering on masterpiece level.

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I honestly can’t for the life of me understand why some people don’t like this game. It’s bordering on masterpiece level.

You are correct…this is bordering on masterpiece. All masterpieces take risks…and this layout, this theme…was a big risk. But Spooky pulled it off. The only thing I can figure is the “army” sees this, and doesn’t want it to happen…even though the companies really aren’t in competition (the amount of pins being sold by Spooky can’t even put a dent in the sales of the other). I love this pin…it shows true love and heart…Spooky really does want to make pinball great…not just a money machine. Can’t wait for the upcoming code with the new animations!

#7168 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Updated code with zero problems. Easy peasy, and I must say…some really nice polish in the modes, audio, light shows etc. I loved the game at 1.07 and I’m loving it more it at 1.08. Can’t wait to see what future updates make of this already stellar pin. I honestly can’t for the life of me understand why some people don’t like this game. It’s bordering on masterpiece level.

(Applause)
What he said!

#7169 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

The next question is about the CE sticker I see on some games. Is someone making them or is there another way you get them?

Quoted from kciaccio:

You were supposed to get one.
They come standard above the right speaker on CE's.

I didn't quite catch if there was a final consensus on the issue of whether the CE sticker comes on some, has to be purchased separately, was in an envelope, or should be on all of them. Could anyone help me with this? I wrote Spooky but so far haven't heard back yet so I figured I'd ask this group while it is still a fairly fresh topic.

With 1.08 code is the music volume adjusted with the SFX attenuation? On mine I would prefer to have the music a little louder but some of the sound effects can be deafening compared to the music (i.e. glass break). I was hoping to turn the sound effects and speech down a little and turn the music up a little but I'm guessing that isn't an option.

339F6C02-4F2F-4D81-9EF1-BDA0ADDEAF1A (resized).jpeg339F6C02-4F2F-4D81-9EF1-BDA0ADDEAF1A (resized).jpeg
#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I didn't quite catch if there was a final consensus on the issue of whether the CE sticker comes on some, has to be purchased separately, was in an envelope, or should be on all of them. Could anyone help me with this? I wrote Spooky but so far haven't heard back yet so I figured I'd ask this group while it is still a fairly fresh topic.
With 1.08 code is the music volume adjusted with the SFX attenuation? On mine I would prefer to have the music a little louder but some of the sound effects can be deafening compared to the music (i.e. glass break). I was hoping to turn the sound effects and speech down a little and turn the music up a little but I'm guessing that isn't an option. [quoted image]

I've seen a couple of Halloweens and they all had the sticker.

#7171 1 year ago

I would just call them, they’ll send you one in a heartbeat.

Quoted from Newtothis:

With 1.08 code is the music volume adjusted with the SFX attenuation? On mine I would prefer to have the music a little louder but some of the sound effects can be deafening compared to the music (i.e. glass break). I was hoping to turn the sound effects and speech down a little and turn the music up a little but I'm guessing that isn't an option. [quoted image]

#7172 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

AJ from Spooky wrote me back and they are sending me the speaker panel decal

I may be way off base here but when I look at the picture I posted of my speaker panel I swear I see an outline of where a sticker was at some point. That makes me think that maybe mine had a different number originally but I paid before someone else so maybe they removed that sticker and just forgot to add an updated one. That would also explain why I got #770 at a time when the highest number I had seen posted here or on Facebook was 705. Again, I have nothing to back that up just pure speculation.

#7173 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I called twice about getting my sticker at the end of June. I have not received it in the mail....

#7174 1 year ago

What kind of cables are they using to connect the LEDs to each other? Going to need to replace/relocate the LED and cable under the mid playfield.

41B1E2B3-EA22-49EB-AE89-6AE235156AF3 (resized).jpeg41B1E2B3-EA22-49EB-AE89-6AE235156AF3 (resized).jpeg
#7175 1 year ago

BUG ALERTS V 1.08

- Extra ball purchased in blood store does not award an extra ball.

- After completing six ball boogeyman mode the pumpkin lites but does not grant access to blood store after hitting the shot repeatedly. Also, post Boogeyman the orbits do not light to qualify the next mode. (I had completed every mode except Stalker…Dont know if this info will help in finding the bug)

There are a few other bugs but these are mega bummers that need to be addressed right away imo. Also…was the in game awarded extra ball removed?

Side note: House mode now runs forever and takes over the entire game once you do light it. With the saved Michael progress (which I love) I feel like Lauries health can decline MUCH faster. Allowing you to light and re-light the house mode in stacks or otherwise without it taking over the whole game. Most players want a dynamic game play experience and don’t necessarily love it when they are cornered into a never ending mode especially if they do not wish to complete it at that time. Speeding up Lauries health decline will make House a more exciting and dynamic mode that you can play in and out of, building progress throughout a single game. Gotta find the sweet spot here! Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

[This was my final score and I beat the game with no extra balls which I’m proud of BUT…I should have had TWO extra balls and my score likely would have been astronomical. But if a bummer but it was STILL FUN haha]

86E810FE-60D4-4E9C-A4DC-7F8217D01BC5 (resized).jpeg86E810FE-60D4-4E9C-A4DC-7F8217D01BC5 (resized).jpeg

#7176 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

BUG ALERTS V 1.08
- Extra ball purchased in blood store does not award an extra ball.
- After completing six ball boogeyman mode the pumpkin lights but does not grant access to blood store after hitting the shot repeatedly. Also, post Boogeyman the orbits do not light to qualify the next mode. (I had completed every mode except Stalker…Dont know if this info will help in finding the bug)
There are a few other bugs but these are mega bummers that need to be addressed right away imo. Also…was the in game awarded extra ball removed?
Side note: House mode now runs forever and takes over the entire game once you do light it. With the saved Michael progress (which I love) I feel like Lauries health can decline MUCH faster. Allowing you to light and re-light the house mode in stacks or otherwise without it taking over the whole game. Most players want a dynamic game play experience and don’t necessarily love it when they are cornered into a never ending mode especially if they do not wish to complete it at that time. Speeding up Lauries health decline will make House a more exciting and dynamic mode that you can play in and out of, building progress throughout a single game. Gotta find the sweet spot here! Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
[This was my final score and I beat the game with no extra balls which I’m proud of BUT…I should have had TWO extra balls and my score likely would have been astronomical. But if a bummer but it was STILL FUN haha]
[quoted image]

After playing a few more games, I tend to agree with you that her health could go down faster. Maybe even as much as twice as fast as now. As much as I hated house timing out all the time, with progression that will not be nearly as painful now. So far I haven't had a game where I was anywhere near timing out.

#7177 1 year ago

Yeah, the timing out was never the problem it was having to start from scratch every single time. I say let ‘House’ be something you can progress through over the course of a game. The tensity will come from being able to visably see Lauries health meter go down just like the timer. In fact her rate of health decline should be no different from what the timer was at all. It should BE the timer. That way the player can decide whether to pursue the mode (by adding health at sanitarium) or letting the mode fail and focusing on other modes. Options options options…let the player decide in play.

Also…the Sanitarium scoop shot should cause twice as much damage. Thirty shots to complete it on Sani is absurd. 15 shots makes sense if you want to go that route. It’s honestly pointless to shoot at the moment.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

After playing a few more games, I tend to agree with you that her health could go down faster. Maybe even as much as twice as fast as now. As much as I hated house timing out all the time, with progression that will not be nearly as painful now. So far I haven't had a game where I was anywhere near timing out.

#7178 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I've got my voice set at 55 and SFX at 60, then just turn up main volume to make music louder. You can turn down SFX way lower if that's what's too loud for you.

#7179 1 year ago

Request to please make the EPIC Halloween theme song louder during hedge mb. The volume level for the theme is just too low. Thanks!

I’m on 1.08. I see a way to change sfx and voice but no music option. Would love to see that added.

#7180 1 year ago

Found the problem with my glitchy left flipper. I figured it was a bad connection somewhere, since it worked fine and then slowly started to fail intermittently. Examining the coil, I could see the glob of solder didn’t look right before I touched it. When I did, the wires moved around freely with the solder attached to them, but not to the coil. Reflowed and all is well.

E8BB5AA6-8DB9-4073-91A8-11C27CDAF5C4 (resized).jpegE8BB5AA6-8DB9-4073-91A8-11C27CDAF5C4 (resized).jpeg
#7181 1 year ago

Hey all! My Halloween pin arrived on Wednesday and it's awesome so far. I'm number 564 by the way for those that are waiting.

#7182 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I honestly can’t for the life of me understand why some people don’t like this game. It’s bordering on masterpiece level.

I think a lot of veteran pinball collectors definitely appreciate this game for sure. The fan layout has been pushed on patrons for so many years-it is like a kid that was force fed brussel sprouts and now loves them. Once you own so many cookie cutter fan layout games-finding those unique layout games is special. I do believe you need to also be a fan of the franchise. I have several friends who dig the layout but do not care for Halloween. Some may dislike because they are unable to relate to the theme?

-Seriously, how can you not like this game?

#7183 1 year ago

What is your go to strategy on this game so far? Hit the drops, start a mode and go for hedge multi? Or? Just curious. I haven’t been able to break 100m yet. I only get time to play it on the weekends unfortunately.

#7184 1 year ago

For those that saw my previous posts, my problem has progressed. Here is my timeline of events:
1. From time to time a new game would not launch a ball
2. I soon realized my flippers and other coils would not fire on the games that a ball would not launch but not all games would have this problem
3. The issue progressed until only the first game would work after boot.
4. Sounds like a logic issue so I called Spooky. AJ sent a new CPU and it is installed and was a little perplexed by the issue as well. No Luck...
5. Today I wake up to find the game won't even give me one game now.

I have reinstalled 1.07 a few times with no progress. What's interesting is that I can't get 1.08 to install at all. I have my 32GB flash drive that I used last time, formatted FAT32, and have the no extra characters. I used the dongle, I inserted into the CPU directly, booted, rebooted... nothing. My beautiful game is now just decor in my game room. I have included pictures that help show there is no power to the coils. All fuses are in tact (originals) and show now signs of stress. Any ideas from the group?

IMG_6872 (resized).jpegIMG_6872 (resized).jpegIMG_6873 (resized).jpegIMG_6873 (resized).jpeg
#7185 1 year ago

Set the game on 5 ball and keep the glass off?!?

What is your go to strategy on this game so far? Hit the drops, start a mode and go for hedge multi? Or? Just curious. I haven’t been able to break 100m yet. I only get time to play it on the weekends unfortunately.

#7186 1 year ago

Has there been confirmation that the animations will be re-done? The 2002 Adobe flash quality, and the way the transitions and graphic layout design are my only concerns. When I play my machine I try to not even look at the screen it's so bad

#7187 1 year ago
Quoted from delawarejason:

For those that saw my previous posts, my problem has progressed. Here is my timeline of events:
1. From time to time a new game would not launch a ball
2. I soon realized my flippers and other coils would not fire on the games that a ball would not launch but not all games would have this problem
3. The issue progressed until only the first game would work after boot.
4. Sounds like a logic issue so I called Spooky. AJ sent a new CPU and it is installed and was a little perplexed by the issue as well. No Luck...
5. Today I wake up to find the game won't even give me one game now.
I have reinstalled 1.07 a few times with no progress. What's interesting is that I can't get 1.08 to install at all. I have my 32GB flash drive that I used last time, formatted FAT32, and have the no extra characters. I used the dongle, I inserted into the CPU directly, booted, rebooted... nothing. My beautiful game is now just decor in my game room. I have included pictures that help show there is no power to the coils. All fuses are in tact (originals) and show now signs of stress. Any ideas from the group?[quoted image][quoted image]

Try a 16GB Flash drive to upgrade to 1.08. If a new board didn't fix it then it's gotta be software unless I'm missing something which I probably am...

Jeff

#7188 1 year ago
Quoted from JuanSolo:

Has there been confirmation that the animations will be re-done? The 2002 Adobe flash quality, and the way the transitions and graphic layout design are my only concerns. When I play my machine I try to not even look at the screen it's so bad

Yes that is what Team Spooky have said, new animations etc. but UM was getting the treatment first. We have just seen on their 1.08 video that UM has seen some rework and there was mention in that video about HW being next. The other thing that has been said a few times now is that there 'is alot more to come', I hope so, I do love where they have taken us so far.

I do hope that someone creates an open source pin at some point, something that the community can evolve together. That won't be a licensed theme of course but there are a ton of ideas. That would be a whole new thread. I'd buy into it though.

#7189 1 year ago

Trying to update with no success.

What exactly should be the file name

code_H78.pkg

or

_H78.pkg

#7190 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:Yes that is what Team Spooky have said, new animations etc. but UM was getting the treatment first. We have just seen on their 1.08 video that UM has seen some rework and there was mention in that video about HW being next. The other thing that has been said a few times now is that there 'is alot more to come', I hope so, I do love where they have taken us so far.
I do hope that someone creates an open source pin at some point, something that the community can evolve together. That won't be a licensed theme of course but there are a ton of ideas. That would be a whole new thread. I'd buy into it though.

Glad to hear this - Halloween really deserves to be up at the Ultraman level in terms of those visuals. Especially on location!

Multimorphic has the closed thing to an “open source” pin we are probably ever going to see. Yo can develop your own game on the platform , and there are already 4 or 5 3rd party games out there. This could easily be shared with the community and made with collaboration.

#7191 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Trying to update with no success.
What exactly should be the file name
code_H78.pkg
or
_H78.pkg

The file name should be code_H78.pkg and nothing else. Make sure the file is placed in the root folder of your USB drive.

#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

The file name should be code_H78.pkg and nothing else. Make sure the file is placed in the root folder of your USB drive.

So my computer is a Mac.

New 16GB drive, formated to F32, in the root folder. Named correctly and does not want to load.

#7193 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

So my computer is a Mac.
New 16GB drive, formated to F32, in the root folder. Named correctly and does not want to load.

Can't use a Mac. Spooky has that on their instructions page for updating.

#7194 1 year ago

There must be an exploit of bug in the new code, my 7 year old nephew just scored 4 billion when we weren’t paying attention… I’ve only made it to 20 million

EE1FED6B-2362-4BA1-AB62-770C77B8C7EF (resized).jpegEE1FED6B-2362-4BA1-AB62-770C77B8C7EF (resized).jpeg
#7195 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

There must be an exploit of bug in the new code, my 7 year old nephew just scored 4 billion when we weren’t paying attention… I’ve only made it to 20 million
[quoted image]

You better hope for an update soon so the scores get reset

#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

[quoted image]

Your nephew doesn't look like the kid in the middle, does he? If thats the case, maybe you just break his fingers.

wiz (resized).jpgwiz (resized).jpg
#7197 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Your nephew doesn't look like the kid in the middle, does he? If thats the case, maybe you just break his fingers.[quoted image]

Lol, no he’s typically got 4 players started because he can’t figure out the start button

#7198 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

So my computer is a Mac.

I read as well that Spooky says no Mac …
But my ACNC I‘ve updated with my Mac … I do have only Apple … so I had a Fat32 formatted USB (done on a Win system) but download the software with my Mac .. for my Alice it worked fine. For my HWCE I can’t say, because it‘s not shipped

#7199 1 year ago
Quoted from the_one:

For my HWCE I can’t say, because it‘s not shipped

We can say it doesn't work well

#7200 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I do hope that someone creates an open source pin at some point, something that the community can evolve together.

Yeah, that’d be awesome.

Announcing - the Pinside Pinball Machine!!

CC96692B-0742-4027-853D-FA93721569E6 (resized).pngCC96692B-0742-4027-853D-FA93721569E6 (resized).png

Except - with more kids toys glued onto it.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.