Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 339.
#7101 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I am sometimes getting periods of gameplay where the ball isn't recognized sitting on the ball lifter (on the right side, could happen either side I guess) and gameplay stops until the ball search gets it going again.
The switch above the lifter (Right Lifter) tests fine every time.
I am guessing - could the lifter height be just a smidge too low and so when the ball is sitting on the lifter sometimes it doesnt block that opto entirely.
This is on my Ultraman but could happen in Halloween too.
Anyone else see this?
I might try adjusting the lifter height up just a bit.
RM

This was happening when I got my Halloween. It ended up being a mis-aligned lifter opto. It was only held on by one screw instead of 2. I added the missing second screw and it's been fine ever since.

#7102 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

This was happening when I got my Halloween. It ended up being a mis-aligned lifter opto. It was only held on by one screw instead of 2. I added the missing second screw and it's been fine ever since.

I checked the optos there and the alignment and clearance seem OK, it's that the ball seems low when sitting on the top of the lifter.

RM

#7103 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's little things like this that Spooky needs to take care of when they know there's an issue. It's been a "problem" since day one why aren't they adjusting it at the factory?

I imagine it is from them doing all the testing in a noisy factory, but I totally get the critique.

#7104 1 year ago

A customer just received their Halloween CE this morning and sent us this pic!

HWCE-826 (resized).jpgHWCE-826 (resized).jpg
#7105 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

My tilt bell got loose and was bouncing around on the playfield. Do think during freight at some point the pallet it was on broke and it maybe tipped over. The stuff shouldn't be hard to fix at least, and the machine is working otherwise fine.

If it tipped over, the liquid level would tell the tale on your box.

#7106 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

A customer just received their Halloween CE this morning and sent us this pic!
[quoted image]

That moment when you feel Michael's hand on your shoulder while playing.

#7107 1 year ago

Had anyone tested the bug where the game freezes if you tilt on ball 3? It was apparently corrected in this last update. That was the one thing preventing me from putting mine on location (I havnt updated the code yet)

#7108 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me when the last code update came please? Trying to figure out if I need to download.
Thanks!

I mean is this one listed new?

#7109 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can anyone tell me when the last code update came please? Trying to figure out if I need to download.
Thanks!

It was 1.08 and was released a few days ago...

#7111 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

It was 1.08 and was released a few days ago...

Awesome thanks.

Once again if spooky could put a date on the code @ website that would be helpfull.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Had anyone tested the bug where the game freezes if you tilt on ball 3? It was apparently corrected in this last update. That was the one thing preventing me from putting mine on location (I havnt updated the code yet)

I'll rough mine up tonighty

#7112 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Tested & Works fine.

#7113 1 year ago

Anyone having issue with Judith Meyer drop staying down. Drop works up and down in test but stays down during gameplay

#7114 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Anyone having issue with Judith Meyer drop staying down. Drop works up and down in test but stays down during gameplay

Huh. Just played a couple games and personally didn't have any. Not a big sample size though

#7115 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Yes, this happens with mine.

#7116 1 year ago

What judith is the lower drop? That's supposed to stay down until a ball is locked

#7117 1 year ago

The drop target stays down until it rises to trap the ball after the number of qualifying shots or when the target behind it is struck on the skillshot.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

#7118 1 year ago

That is correct.

#7119 1 year ago

I got my game today and have had too many drinks to write a long review. I played it for two hours straight if that says anything, got it at the right time I think with the 1.08 update. I think people that played it early on need to give it a second chance in a home environment, turn that iconic music up and get immersed in the game. I'm glad this game exists and that is solely because of Spooky, where the fuck else are you going to be able to shoot at Michael Myers hiding behind hedges lol. Spooky is giving you something different and if you don't embrace that then I feel sad for you in all honesty. Game is special no doubt, glad I stuck it out for the code progression.

20220713_004838 (resized).jpg20220713_004838 (resized).jpg
#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

New to the family and loving the game so far. I do have a couple of questions for you guys though.
The middle Michael is shaking for 5-10 seconds upon its return. It comes out and returns and, with the glass off, you can hear it buzz like it's turning off and on rapidly and it shakes. I only played 10 or so games before updating the code so I'm not sure if it did it before with the old code in the game. I’m unfamiliar with the mechanism used for them, is there a switch adjustment I can do? It’s almost like its not fully hitting the “shut off” stop.
The next question is about the CE sticker I see on some games. Is someone making them or is there another way you get them? I thought it was just missing it but I saw a pic of the games from the Allentown show and those that Spooky brought didn't have them either.
I'm sure there will be more questions to follow. Thanks in advance.

Having the same issue. 2nd hedge Mike shakes/vibrates for a good 10 seconds at the start of every game, and many times when he peeks out and goes back in. Have had my pin for about two months. Didn’t have the issue before installing 1.08

#7121 1 year ago

The next question is about the CE sticker I see on some games. Is someone making them or is there another way you get them? I thought it was just missing it but I saw a pic of the games from the Allentown show and those that Spooky brought didn't have them either.
I'm sure there will be more questions to follow. Thanks in advance.

Do you mean these?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/06159-custom-numbered-plaque-for-halloween-pinball

RM

#7122 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

Having the same issue. 2nd hedge Mike shakes/vibrates for a good 10 seconds at the start of every game, and many times when he peeks out and goes back in. Have had my pin for about two months. Didn’t have the issue before installing 1.08

Thanks. I only played about 10 games before installing 1.08 and wasn't sure if it did it before or if it was code related. Sounds like it may be code related.

#7123 1 year ago

No, look at Manadams pic he posted a couple of posts above this. It's the sticker/plate above the right speaker.

I've seen them on some and not on others. Just wondering if it's something that I didn't get or what.

#7124 1 year ago

No, look at Manadams pic he posted a couple of posts above this. It's the sticker/plate above the right speaker.
I've seen them on some and not on others. Just wondering if it's something that I didn't get or what.

If I remember correctly, I think that numbered plastic was in an envelope attached to the shipping box.

#7125 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Hello, serial killers!
V1.08 code is now available here: https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

Thank you for the update and the video run through!

One suggestion for the next video, can you please turn the audio down next time on HW? I really had difficulty hearing much of the discussion and there was an odd short delay effect on the mic(s).

#7126 1 year ago

You were supposed to get one.

They come standard above the right speaker on CE's.

#7127 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What judith is the lower drop? That's supposed to stay down until a ball is locked

Thanks, guess knowing the rules helps

#7128 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I meant the Sanitarium drop. That one tests normally but stays down.

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You were supposed to get one.
They come standard above the right speaker on CE's.

Must have been somewhere in the box and I missed it or something.

I was just wondering as I see some with them and some without them. I remember (and saw pics) from Allentown that none of the games Spooky brought had them installed. Thats why I was confused.

Oh well

#7130 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I don’t see any loose wires but here are the pics of the optos as they sit I don’t know if them not being aligned to the holes properly would cause an issue like that [quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from RussMyers:

Actually I am having the exact same problem on my UM.
Does the shaker shake at that exact moment as well?
RM

My tilt bob was in a plastic baggie stapled to the bottom of the cab.
RM

So I’ve narrowed this down to when the game starts up and the target bank resets - that’s when it’s giving me the locked ball at the top Michael. If I start game with the targets up it’s fine.

Also, while testing with glass off the game isn’t registering that top hedge lock at all. Definitely something strange going on

#7131 1 year ago

Really really enjoying these code updates. I'm still waiting for my HWN (end of year maybe?) but I check out the streams as much as possible. The playfield design seems to hold up (I always thought it was fun when playing at shows) and the code just keeps getting better with both games.

For those familiar with both games ... I'm unsure how to phrase this - (and i am absolutely not saying anything negative about the design or art or anything): am I the only one who thinks the Ultraman visuals are SOOOOOOO far beyond Halloween's? Again, I'm not trashing anything about Halloween; the whole package is still awesome, but to me Ultraman looks so much more advanced. Has the stuff on Halloween improved over time; do we feel it's going to end up being on a similar level?

#7132 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

So I’ve narrowed this down to when the game starts up and the target bank resets - that’s when it’s giving me the locked ball at the top Michael. If I start game with the targets up it’s fine.
Also, while testing with glass off the game isn’t registering that top hedge lock at all. Definitely something strange going on

If you get the playfield up into any of the service positions, put it into Switch Test, and block the optos under each of the Hedge Scoops, do they all work?

Do they all look aligned up nicely?

RM

#7133 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Really really enjoying these code updates. I'm still waiting for my HWN (end of year maybe?) but I check out the streams as much as possible. The playfield design seems to hold up (I always thought it was fun when playing at shows) and the code just keeps getting better with both games.
For those familiar with both games ... I'm unsure how to phrase this - (and i am absolutely not saying anything negative about the design or art or anything): am I the only one who thinks the Ultraman visuals are SOOOOOOO far beyond Halloween's? Again, I'm not trashing anything about Halloween; the whole package is still awesome, but to me Ultraman looks so much more advanced. Has the stuff on Halloween improved over time; do we feel it's going to end up being on a similar level?

If you’re talking about the animations, the original animator has been replaced and a new company has been hired. Spooky gave love to UM first, but rest assured, Halloween will get the same love. I’m really excited to see the new animations they implement!

#7134 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If you’re talking about the animations, the original animator has been replaced and a new company has been hired. Spooky gave love to UM first, but rest assured, Halloween will get the same love. I’m really excited to see the new animations they implement!

Aha! OK I love that. Can't wait to see the new stuff. I have to imagine that Ultraman has waaaaaaaay more in terms of assets to use, plus Halloween has the Akkad family plus JC who have to sign off, which I'm sure is a pain.

Has any of the new animation been added to Halloween yet?

#7135 1 year ago

UM received the new animations for ultraman day. Halloween well get new animations in the next update.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Aha! OK I love that. Can't wait to see the new stuff. I have to imagine that Ultraman has waaaaaaaay more in terms of assets to use, plus Halloween has the Akkad family plus JC who have to sign off, which I'm sure is a pain.
Has any of the new animation been added to Halloween yet?

#7136 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just went through the 1.08 read me.
They are listening and have addressed many reported issues and complaints.

One of my main complaints (to myself in my basement) was having to flipper through to the big skill shot on every plunge. Most of the time I just didn’t bother. I was really happy they coded in a save of the last skill shot selection!

#7137 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

One of my main complaints (to myself in my basement) was having to flipper through to the big skill shot on every plunge. Most of the time I just didn’t bother. I was really happy they coded in a save of the last skill shot selection!

I had suggested that they add the reverse scroll through so in that case we would press the left flipper twice and it would go to the center drop target. This is a good alternative but the left and right scroll would be helpful.

Going to load the new code tonight and play a little.

#7138 1 year ago

Getting this when I try and unzip files:

“code_H78.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Suggestions

#7139 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Suggestions

Nothing to unzip. Just download the file and drag it on the USB drive. Check the file name when done.

#7140 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Suggestions

Don't try to unzip it, just leave it as it is.

USB drive 4-32gb in size, formatted FAT32

Turn the game on and when it's finished booting just insert the USB drive into the cable just inside the coin door on the left, and it should immediately start the update

When it says it's done, turn the game off, take the USB drive back out and turn the game back on and you should be on 1.08

RM

#7141 1 year ago

Tried that it did not work, will try again.

Quoted from RussMyers:

Don't try to unzip it, just leave it as it is.
USB drive 4-32gb in size, formatted FAT32
Turn the game on and when it's finished booting just insert the USB drive into the cable just inside the coin door on the left, and it should immediately start the update
When it says it's done, turn the game off, take the USB drive back out and turn the game back on and you should be on 1.08
RM

#7142 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Tried that it did not work, will try again.

It is probably the USB drive then. Try a different drive. I tried about 6 different USB drives till I found one that my pins like. Now I use that same one for all of my machine updates. These new systems seem to be very finicky with the USB drives, even if it is formatted and setup the way they recommend.

#7143 1 year ago

On windows but seems to be formatted correct?

2BC6A1F0-809B-4749-A4CC-1376EDABB9FF (resized).jpeg2BC6A1F0-809B-4749-A4CC-1376EDABB9FF (resized).jpeg
#7144 1 year ago

CANNOT use a mac.
They are pretty clear on this on the site.

#7145 1 year ago

The Law has spoken! Thank You

Quoted from TheLaw:

CANNOT use a mac.
They are pretty clear on this on the site.

#7146 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

The Law has spoken! Thank You

I did also have to try 2 different USB drives to get one to work, and also yes you can't use Mac at all, they put metadata you can't see on the drives that messes up the update; has to be Windows.

RM

#7147 1 year ago

Could someone recommend a USB drive which seems to work well with Halloween?

#7148 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Could someone recommend a USB drive which seems to work well with Halloween?

I used this one and it worked for me.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-Drive-SDCZ50-032G-B35/dp/B005FYNT3G/

RM

#7149 1 year ago

I thought there were P. J. Soles bewbs when adult mode was on? All they showed was just above her chest. I WANT BEWBS DAMMIT!!! . Future polish suggestion is to raise volume of Laurie and Annie and not cut Annie off too soon right before start of Hedge Multiball.

#7150 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I thought there were P. J. Soles bewbs when adult mode was on? All they showed was just above her chest. I WANT BEWBS DAMMIT!!!

It's at completion of the mode

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.