IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 339.
#7051 1 year ago

Has anyone successfully installed the brite buttons britemods flipper buttons yet? My stock right flipper button sticks and I need to replace it anyway, but would like to go to lit like my other games. I immediately changed out all my CGC games buttons because the stock ones are terrible. It’s annoying because I get a good game going and my right flipper sticks up because button is stuck in. I pulled it from the game it’s just the plastic button assembly. I can’t get it apart because of the barb. Once it’s pressed together, it’s together.

#7052 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Has anyone successfully installed the brite buttons britemods flipper buttons yet? My stock right flipper button sticks and I need to replace it anyway, but would like to go to lit like my other games. I immediately changed out all my CGC games buttons because the stock ones are terrible. It’s annoying because I get a good game going and my right flipper sticks up because button is stuck in. I pulled it from the game it’s just the plastic button assembly. I can’t get it apart because of the barb. Once it’s pressed together, it’s together.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/131#post-6972762

#7053 1 year ago

Hey gang, I think I have a stuck switch?
The sound of the door slamming is repeating constantly. It also sounds when I hit the flippers

#7054 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

The Brite buttons will work in HWN/UM but you will have to crimp on your own power connectors to the board in the back right of the cabinet bottom, or you can install the Comet Illuminated Flipper Button Kit, like I did in my Ultraman. If you go the Comet kit route, order some extra matrix cable extensions maybe since the standard cables it ships with are just a little short for our games.

RM

#7055 1 year ago

Short question: Does the CE really come with the silver shooter housing?
Many thanks Pat

#7057 1 year ago

853 on the way.

#7059 1 year ago

Updated to 1.08 with no issues. I cant seem to locate the shaker settings that are supposed to be there. I see Voice, SFX, etc but no shaker. There seems to be a placeholder setting in that same menu. Think its labeled TBD? Is that it?

Love that Lauries health is draining in House mode continually. Gives purpose to middle playfield in that mode.

#7060 1 year ago

The middle of scoop draining Mike’s health needs a little balancing. That scoop is the most repeatable shot on my machine, and lighting the upper pf drop target seems way too easy now. Maybe raise the target after each scoop hit?

#7061 1 year ago

Happy to report my house issue has been solved, and ball no longer gets stuck!
Now to update new code
What a great game.

#7062 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

The middle of scoop draining Mike’s health needs a little balancing. That scoop is the most repeatable shot on my machine, and lighting the upper pf drop target seems way too easy now. Maybe raise the target after each scoop hit?

Perhaps, but without spinners you would have to hit that scoop 33 times to completely drain Michael's health.

#7063 1 year ago

I updated the code to v1.08. Code definitely keeps improving. Can’t wait to see what new animations look like.

#7064 1 year ago

House is absolutely perfect now. Changing the timer to lower Laurie's health and using the Sanitarium and main playfield standups to regain health is awesome. House went from a bit frustrating with timing out all the time to just right in my book. I never really had a problem with using the spinners to lower Michael's health, but adding the sanitarium scoop to do a bit of extra damage is a nice extra. We all wanted more to do on that playfield, and since in House mode you are going to drain there anyway, it is a great use....much better than just waiting for it to drain all the way down all the time. If something has to change now, I would do it as menu options to turn off "sanitarium help" and/or "save progress" during house for those that want to keep it difficult. I would personally leave it alone though.

I am thrilled with this update so far! Nice work guys! Can't wait to see the new animations when they are ready.

#7065 1 year ago

Agreed. Great polish on the latest code.

Having said that, I’d recommend Laurie’s health go down a bit faster. Pretty much every shot will regenerate her health, and each House Attack results in Mike’s health all the way down and Laurie’s health at max pretty quickly.

#7066 1 year ago

Ok I’m sure this has been discussed already. Just set up Halloween Ce 1173 and when I press start and ball enters the shooter lane the game also automatically awards me hedge lock 1 and the top Michael kicks out and back. Is this a known issue and if so, how do I fix ???

Thanks !

#7067 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Ok I’m sure this has been discussed already. Just set up Halloween Ce 1173 and when I press start and ball enters the shooter lane the game also automatically awards me hedge lock 1 and the top Michael kicks out and back. Is this a known issue and if so, how do I fix ???
Thanks !

That sounds like an opto problem. Something probably shifted during the move or a wire broke off. Lift the playfield and check the optos for the hedge that Michael is popping out from. Should be an easy fix.

#7068 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Thanks !

Actually I am having the exact same problem on my UM.

Does the shaker shake at that exact moment as well?

RM

#7069 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

What’s up Russ! Let me check on that - also when I’m in the service menu anytime I hit the back/return button the lights flicker

#7070 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That sounds like an opto problem. Something probably shifted during the move or a wire broke off. Lift the playfield and check the optos for the hedge that Michael is popping out from. Should be an easy fix.

I don’t see any loose wires but here are the pics of the optos as they sit I don’t know if them not being aligned to the holes properly would cause an issue like that

203531D3-FE69-4950-9C1B-998866C6F8B8 (resized).jpeg203531D3-FE69-4950-9C1B-998866C6F8B8 (resized).jpeg6EB8CE17-07B4-405A-B133-C4D5EC1628F2 (resized).jpeg6EB8CE17-07B4-405A-B133-C4D5EC1628F2 (resized).jpeg
#7071 1 year ago

Bug:

Ball 3. I bought an extra ball with Blood at the scoop. It took my Blood, but did not award an extra ball.

As an aside, the cost to purchase an extra ball and double scoring went down with 1.08. I think this makes the game a bit too easy. 12 for an extra ball and 10 for double scoring was perfect.

#7072 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Agreed. Great polish on the latest code.
Having said that, I’d recommend Laurie’s health to down a bit faster. Pretty much every shot will regenerate her health, and each House Attack results in Mike’s health all the way down and Laurie’s health at max pretty quickly.

I'm not totally (ha) against that. As much as I hated the timer timing out all the time before, it does seem pretty easy to keep Laurie's health at max now. It could go a little faster, but I wouldn't get crazy, LOL. It will be a tough balance point, I'm sure. Too fast and it's back to square one...too slow and it's never a threat. But I do agree...a little faster would be fine and add some urgency.

#7073 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

the cost to purchase an extra ball and double scoring went down with 1.08. I think this makes the game a bit too easy. 12 for an extra ball and 10 for double scoring was perfect.

This sort of thing should be user selectable in the menu.

#7074 1 year ago

Got in collectors 624 today. Think shippers screwed with it or did something in transit, bunch of parts inside were dislodged and some breakage. Got it sorted with spooky probably so at least it seems to be working.

Do wonder, is it normal for the speakers to give off a constant and kind of loud hum? I updated to new software and checked volume control and I got the volume all the way to one bar only and it's still sounds really loud and the speaker hum just sounds like a radio thats been cranked up waaayyyy to high. Wondering if theres a way to turn down the speakers or something cause it's weird. One bar is loud, and of course going down puts it to zero and nothing.

#7075 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Got in collectors 624 today. Think shippers screwed with it or did something in transit, bunch of parts inside were dislodged and some breakage. Got it sorted with spooky probably so at least it seems to be working.
Do wonder, is it normal for the speakers to give off a constant and kind of loud hum? I updated to new software and checked volume control and I got the volume all the way to one bar only and it's still sounds really loud and the speaker hum just sounds like a radio thats been cranked up waaayyyy to high. Wondering if theres a way to turn down the speakers or something cause it's weird. One bar is loud, and of course going down puts it to zero and nothing.

Gotta adjust the amp volume in the cabinet. It ships with it set way too high.

#7076 1 year ago

I’d guess your coin box fell out and banged around… mine wasn’t secured when I got mine.

#7077 1 year ago

What is Skillshot clear, subway wave, and TBD in the new update code settings?

#7078 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

What is Skillshot clear, subway wave, and TBD in the new update code settings?

Skillshot clear = You have to set the skillshot with your flippers on each ball, or it stays set
Subway Wave = Maybe stops the Michael wave of all 3 figures? I didn't test that one.
TBD = I'm guessing not decided on yet.

#7079 1 year ago

Thanks to Spooky for the latest software revision. The addition of the ability to adjust the SFX and the call outs is fantastic. I love being able to completely turn off all but the music. It changes the whole atmosphere of the game.

However, being able to turn off the SFX and call outs has introduced a real annoyance that I hope can be corrected. With just the music playing during gameplay, there are numerous and noticeable attenuations in the volume level, specifically where call outs would normally be playing over the music. It's very irritating to have the sound levels of the music constantly jumping up and down. I couldn't deal with it anymore when "Don't Fear the Reaper" came on; it ruined the whole experience. I had to turn the SFX and call outs back on again, albeit at a low level (40/40), to "fill" those music drop outs.

To fix this, all sound attenuation functions should be removed from the code, especially since we can adjust the SFX and call outs independently of the music track.

SpookyLuke - Can this be fixed?

#7080 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Skillshot clear = You have to set the skillshot with your flippers on each ball, or it stays set
Subway Wave = Maybe stops the Michael wave of all 3 figures? I didn't test that one.
TBD = I'm guessing not decided on yet.

Ok, thanks! I didn’t try to change the TBD setting.

#7081 1 year ago

Installed new code. I feel like a few times I got the skill shot and it didn't count in my score. I may be just losing it though....

#7082 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Thanks to Spooky for the latest software revision. The addition of the ability to adjust the SFX and the call outs is fantastic. I love being able to completely turn off all but the music. It changes the whole atmosphere of the game.
However, being able to turn off the SFX and call outs has introduced a real annoyance that I hope can be corrected. With just the music playing during gameplay, there are numerous and noticeable attenuations in the volume level, specifically where call outs would normally be playing over the music. It's very irritating to have the sound levels of the music constantly jumping up and down. I couldn't deal with it anymore when "Don't Fear the Reaper" came on; it ruined the whole experience. I had to turn the SFX and call outs back on again, albeit at a low level (40/40), to "fill" those music drop outs.
To fix this, all sound attenuation functions should be removed from the code, especially since we can adjust the SFX and call outs independently of the music track.
SpookyLuke - Can this be fixed?

The dip is needed for those that want some directional callouts. However, it might be possible to remove the dip when callout SFX is set to zero.

#7083 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

First thing I’m doing is Spray Max 2K’ing those mothers.

A few months with 2k sprayed and still doing well.

#7084 1 year ago

Ooooo we’re getting close to tapping into the top 50! Get in there and leave a review if youre digging the new code.

81D51050-8B16-4D76-AD37-1599619C9BFB (resized).png81D51050-8B16-4D76-AD37-1599619C9BFB (resized).png
#7085 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

This is not in the software menus? Or did I miss it.

#7086 1 year ago

My left subway cover is sticking in the up position and causing ball hang ups. Anyone know the adjustment for that? I also have an issue around the orbit on the left side. Seems like the ball is hitting off the standup there and goes into my right sling from plunge. I don’t see the attachment points for that guide to get it out to bend a bit more.

#7087 1 year ago

This is not in the software menus? Or did I miss it.

No, you have to go to the actual amp in the cabinet.

#7088 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

My left subway cover is sticking in the up position and causing ball hang ups. Anyone know the adjustment for that? I also have an issue around the orbit on the left side. Seems like the ball is hitting off the standup there and goes into my right sling from plunge. I don’t see the attachment points for that guide to get it out to bend a bit more.

for my inlanes ball getting stuck I had to loosen the outside screw holding the flap into place, and only hand tighten just a tad, that fixed it for me

#7089 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’d guess your coin box fell out and banged around… mine wasn’t secured when I got mine.

My tilt bell got loose and was bouncing around on the playfield. Do think during freight at some point the pallet it was on broke and it maybe tipped over. The stuff shouldn't be hard to fix at least, and the machine is working otherwise fine.

#7090 1 year ago

My tilt bell got loose and was bouncing around on the playfield. Do think during freight at some point the pallet it was on broke and it maybe tipped over. The stuff shouldn't be hard to fix at least, and the machine is working otherwise fine.

Sounds like the shipping prep is lacking. Tilt bobs should be wrapped and in a secured coin box. I've read multiple posts about loose coin boxes boucing around causing problems. That's just rediculous.

#7091 1 year ago

New to the family and loving the game so far. I do have a couple of questions for you guys though.

The middle Michael is shaking for 5-10 seconds upon its return. It comes out and returns and, with the glass off, you can hear it buzz like it's turning off and on rapidly and it shakes. I only played 10 or so games before updating the code so I'm not sure if it did it before with the old code in the game. I’m unfamiliar with the mechanism used for them, is there a switch adjustment I can do? It’s almost like its not fully hitting the “shut off” stop.

The next question is about the CE sticker I see on some games. Is someone making them or is there another way you get them? I thought it was just missing it but I saw a pic of the games from the Allentown show and those that Spooky brought didn't have them either.

I'm sure there will be more questions to follow. Thanks in advance.

#7092 1 year ago

All setup. Yea I got a bit of a horror theme in the house. Wife says no more though......

pins (resized).JPGpins (resized).JPG
#7093 1 year ago

All setup. Yea I got a bit of a horror theme in the house. Wife says no more though......
[quoted image]

Nice! TFTC toppers are back in stock at Marcospec, FYI.

#7094 1 year ago

Can anyone with IPS panel mod chime in? Is it worth it ? or adjustments to factory panel good enough?
Thanks!

#7095 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Thanks !

RM

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sounds like the shipping prep is lacking. Tilt bobs should be wrapped and in a secured coin box. I've read multiple posts about loose coin boxes boucing around causing problems. That's just rediculous.

My tilt bob was in a plastic baggie stapled to the bottom of the cab.

RM

#7096 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

It's little things like this that Spooky needs to take care of when they know there's an issue. It's been a "problem" since day one why aren't they adjusting it at the factory?

#7097 1 year ago

Stern is having issues with this as well. Presumably lots of staff hired quickly, missing some of the finer points...

#7098 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I could see a nice The Thing CE sandwiched in there though. Gotta set the dream themes in concrete!

#7099 1 year ago

I am sometimes getting periods of gameplay where the ball isn't recognized sitting on the ball lifter (on the right side, could happen either side I guess) and gameplay stops until the ball search gets it going again.

The switch above the lifter (Right Lifter) tests fine every time.

I am guessing - could the lifter height be just a smidge too low and so when the ball is sitting on the lifter sometimes it doesnt block that opto entirely.

This is on my Ultraman but could happen in Halloween too.

Anyone else see this?

I might try adjusting the lifter height up just a bit.

RM

#7100 1 year ago

Nice! TFTC toppers are back in stock at Marcospec, FYI.

I know, tempted!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.