IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 338.
#6951 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Not sure if this is a good game for location play, seems to need a lot of love.

With all due respect to Spooky-most of their games are not suited for full time operation. You can tell they are still somewhat of a homebrew company trying to push out large quantities. 3D printed parts, failing servos, things put together with hot glue, etc. If I was an operator not sure I would put Halloween on location. Just the thought of having to take apart the playfields to replace a small broken plastic piece would have me cringing as an operator. Stern has done a pretty good job bulletproofing their machines and Spooky still has the learning curve going on. That being said Spooky games are so innovative and fun-I tend to look over those aspects. Are they perfect-no but damn are they really enjoyable to flip. The smiles alone are worth it to me.

#6952 1 year ago

I think that's a fair statement.

Quoted from pinmister:

With all due respect to Spooky-most of their games are not suited for full time operation. You can tell they are still somewhat of a homebrew company trying to push out large quantities. 3d printed parts, failing servos, things put together with hot glue, etc. If I was an operator not sure I would put Halloween on location. Just the thought of having to take apart the playfields to replace a small broken plastic piece would have me cringing as an operator. Stern has done a pretty good job bulletproofing their machines and Spooky still has the learning curve going on. That being said Spooky games are so innovative and fun-I tend to look over those aspects. Are they perfect-no but damn are they really enjoyable to flip. The smiles alone are worth it to me.

#6953 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I would like to play this game more but the one on route near me is always out of order. They finally got it running with a new board from Spooky and when I went back to play, its switched off and now the ball is stuck in that narrow channel like Oneangrymo has got going on. I enjoyed playing this game when it first showed up but it only worked for about a week. Not sure if this is a good game for location play, seems to need a lot of love. That said, if all the bugs ever get worked out Id sure consider one for the house.

I can't say how much they had to work on it but the Halloween that I used to play till I pulled it off route was always working and had people playing it.

#6954 1 year ago

Ok my mold is fixed again needed more heat gun , thanks again pinkitten

The first meyers I will investigate, it all of a sudden started moving then stopped again .. weird hopefully just a code issue

The pumpkin falling off I just glued it In there

Even with the game properly leveled sometimes it doesn’t register the ball in the trough , I have to hit the machine a bit for the ball to roll down into its spot properly

I really really hate doing work on nib machines , but now that I think about it , I think every single nib I have had required some sort of work haha

#6955 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I really really hate doing work on nib machines

It is a little frustrating. Part of you wants to say 'I spent $9000 on this machine and for that it should be perfect.' Well all I have to say is-it is pinball. Nothing works perfectly. Reminds me of my frustration with Stern Avengers. I had the game on the chopping block because of my frustration with Hulk hang ups, Black Widow ramp, etc. Then I got it dialed in and it has not bothered me since. So glad I did not sell and hung in there-I love the game. Now I have more patience and have learned not to dismiss a game too early. Halloween is bolted to my floor for now

#6956 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With all due respect to Spooky-most of their games are not suited for full time operation. You can tell they are still somewhat of a homebrew company trying to push out large quantities. 3D printed parts, failing servos, things put together with hot glue, etc. If I was an operator not sure I would put Halloween on location. Just the thought of having to take apart the playfields to replace a small broken plastic piece would have me cringing as an operator. Stern has done a pretty good job bulletproofing their machines and Spooky still has the learning curve going on. That being said Spooky games are so innovative and fun-I tend to look over those aspects. Are they perfect-no but damn are they really enjoyable to flip. The smiles alone are worth it to me.

The TNA, UM, and R&M on location near us are never down or had issues. The Rush premium we played had some screws that were backed way out and the habitrail was shifting. The flippers also felt pretty flat compared to others sterns ive played. However, the TS4 tablet was already not working, and the DI couldn't get a flipper to make many shots. Im sure there are examples of every company on location with issues, and as I tend to agree that Sterns seem designed for routed environments, I think your blanket statement on Spooky isn't necessary backed with any real data.

#6957 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I really really hate doing work on nib machines

I generally play the shit out them and just take notes until they need the first proper cleaning/waxing. Then I try and tackle everything at once.

Of course, that ball jam would kill my methodology.

#6958 1 year ago

Talked with multiple ops and they have their opinion-not wanting to go into details.

#6959 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Haha! It’s just EL paper. Same stuff used to light up the side rails of TNA.

They’re plugged into the service outlet inside the cabinet.

Well done Wizard. Thou hast conquered eloquently. HAZZAH!

#6960 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok my mold is fixed again needed more heat gun , thanks again pinkitten
The first meyers I will investigate, it all of a sudden started moving then stopped again .. weird hopefully just a code issue
The pumpkin falling off I just glued it In there
Even with the game properly leveled sometimes it doesn’t register the ball in the trough , I have to hit the machine a bit for the ball to roll down into its spot properly
I really really hate doing work on nib machines , but now that I think about it , I think every single nib I have had required some sort of work haha

The ball in the trough issue is an easy fix. Just take out the 2 screws that hold the trough switch and bend is so that it doesn’t stick up so far, then reinstall. Same thing happened to mine and it was a 5 minute fix.

#6961 1 year ago

Just got my house mod back from BallyKISS1978--his daughter did a great job painting it --and returned it lightening quick!

#6962 1 year ago

Me again. I posted last week with issues involving failure to launch balls on about every third game. Typically the first game after boot up is Ok but now the problem has progressed to the point I only get one game then have to reboot. Some suggestions were to take a look at the trough and possible add a washer or spacer. I took the apron off and took the following pictures in hopes someone can see a glaring problem for me to adjust. Thanks for any tips.

268123D9-8352-46F8-9E39-5086F46B79D2 (resized).jpeg268123D9-8352-46F8-9E39-5086F46B79D2 (resized).jpeg777FC383-1186-4DC4-8582-FC9705A37AAD (resized).jpeg777FC383-1186-4DC4-8582-FC9705A37AAD (resized).jpeg91CB9F5C-8C3A-4625-9AEF-481C5537E421 (resized).jpeg91CB9F5C-8C3A-4625-9AEF-481C5537E421 (resized).jpeg9852A7FD-849C-4C56-AA3A-E1019393A4D2 (resized).jpeg9852A7FD-849C-4C56-AA3A-E1019393A4D2 (resized).jpegF8ED795F-1A3A-4C8F-A2F5-A7F9EEC39C5C (resized).jpegF8ED795F-1A3A-4C8F-A2F5-A7F9EEC39C5C (resized).jpeg
#6963 1 year ago
Quoted from delawarejason:

Me again. I posted last week with issues involving failure to launch balls on about every third game. Typically the first game after boot up is Ok but now the problem has progressed to the point I only get one game then have to reboot. Some suggestions were to take a look at the trough and possible add a washer or spacer. I took the apron off and took the following pictures in hopes someone can see a glaring problem for me to adjust. Thanks for any tips.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Search this thread for my posts. I had this same issue. I removed that screw and not that you did not in this picture. Added some spacers to that cover over the tough.

#6964 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Search this thread for my posts. I had this same issue. I removed that screw and not that you did not in this picture. Added some spacers to that cover over the tough.

It seems our issues are slightly different. Mine is not misfiring, it’s simply not firing at all. Almost like it’s more of a code issue than mechanical. Regardless, I’m checking out the rails and resetting factory settings.

Update: the only thing it seems to do at the start of a new game is partially activate the right flipper lift. There is no coil fire but will in test mode and all coils and servos check out Ok. Hmmmmm…

#6965 1 year ago

Yeah the coil not firing at all is totally different. Mine was simply an alignment issue. The fact that it comes and goes is odd. I assume all of your switches register in switch test? Take a dry cotton swab and clean the 1 opto into the trough?

#6966 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I knew the hairdryer would not do anything but I was afraid to mention the heat gun approach. I thought to myself-I don't want to recommend something and then have them get too close and torch the plastics-glad it worked out.

Yeah, I heated mine over the stove flames to get it hot enough to bend, I tried the hair dryer and it didn't get hot enough. I think mine is also fixed now, but time will tell as it looks like it is getting tighter (by looking at it), but the ball is still getting by.

#6967 1 year ago

Well I guess we got no one to blame but ourselves for some of the issues. People dont want machines that just work or are bullet proof.. oh no! We want more mechs, more things that move, and more parts/pieces. A plain playfield sir?? no! not for me.. I want the works! Well you got it! Now more things can go wrong.
Thanks a lot!

#6968 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I really, really wish there was a Ball Trough Test mode just like Stern games have had for 20 years.

It makes it so much easier to diagnose ball trough switch issues.

RussMyers

#6969 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I heated mine over the stove flames to get it hot enough to bend

I dont know why-but when I read this I made a cringe face

What is good is it seems like all of the adjustments or problems are minor. The layout of this game is magical. I had some good games last night and I really am enjoying this game. You can fix minor issues but you can't fix a bad layout. Getting to the third upper is very rewarding and challenging. All of the shots keep you on your toes with risk vs reward. Also Halloween is really a work of art-just stunning. Can anyone tell-I like my Halloween-it's the full package for me

#6970 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I dont know why-but when I read this I made a cringe face
What is good is it seems like all of the adjustments or problems are minor. The layout of this game is magical. I had some good games last night and I really am enjoying this game. You can fix minor issues but you can't fix a bad layout. Getting to the third upper is very rewarding and challenging. All of the shots keep you on your toes with risk vs reward. Also Halloween is really a work of art-just stunning. Can anyone tell-I like my Halloween-it's the full package for me

I feel the same way about my UM. My wife asked me the other day if the other machines are sad because I play so much UM these days. As for keeping me on my toes. I am height challenged so I lean forward and am literally on my toes when I am on the upper playfield so I can see the entire flipper to make my shot over the bridge, lol.

#6971 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I feel the same way about my UM

Last night I was practicing trying to backhand Michael hedge shots-something different

This layout has me geeking out big time-no cookie cutter action here just pure joy

#6972 1 year ago

SpookyLuke any word on code update. I have stopped playing my halloween and just waiting for that code too drop that truly makes this game above everything else in my lineup.

#6973 1 year ago

Had a grand champion game last night but unfortunately could not enter my initials at the end. I tilted on the last ball and it froze on this screen. Had to reset the game to play again. Bummer, but wow what an amazing game this is.

BC117094-BDF8-4C2A-8154-7C28FB19DAC5 (resized).jpegBC117094-BDF8-4C2A-8154-7C28FB19DAC5 (resized).jpeg
#6974 1 year ago

This is a known bug as far as I can tell. My game will lockup like clockwork if I tilt on ball 3. I’m sure it’ll be addressed in the next update.

Quoted from Jakers:

Had a grand champion game last night but unfortunately could not enter my initials at the end. I tilted on the last ball and it froze on this screen. Had to reset the game to play again. Bummer, but wow what an amazing game this is.
[quoted image]

#6975 1 year ago

Out of a collection of 15 newer pins, Rick n Morty has been the most problematic. Now the game thinks the ball has drained when it hasn’t, causing another headache. Halloween CE-680 arriving this afternoon.

#6976 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Rick n Morty has been the most problematic. Now the game thinks the ball has drained when it hasn’t,

Check all the little connectors on the PROC boards. Personally I think multimorphic made a mistake going with -100 connectors rather than beefier -156 like WPC, Stern etc etc. Hey - just my opinion.

The only major issue we had here with a PROC Spooky was a flakey switch board. It’d be fine, then play up intermittently. (This was in an ACNC).

I got the guy to swap the two switch boards over (there are 2 next to each other) and sure enough, the problem moved with the board to another switch.

A new $30 (?) switch board and all was good with the world.

rd

#6977 1 year ago

Got word my H78 left the factory today. Have a spot for it right next to EHOH LE I scored very recently. Excited.

#6978 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Out of a collection of 15 newer pins, Rick n Morty has been the most problematic. Now the game thinks the ball has drained when it hasn’t, causing another headache. Halloween CE-680 arriving this afternoon.

Keep going….my ACNC was full of gremlins…I finally hunted them all down (except a brain topper servo…easy fix). ACNC is my wife’s favorite…so kept going, and glad I did…such a great game…all Spooky’s pins are blast to play….and they have the best service hands down. If you have questions, just email or call them.

#6979 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Talked with multiple ops and they have their opinion-not wanting to go into details.

Here's my opinion.. my UM has been fine, except that I bricked it doing an update. Which was my fault. But I've been under the hood and my brand new DP premium - and it failed to boot up. I've had node board issues on my STh, my dialed wasn't free from issues either. Ironically, my Spooky has had the least issues of all my pins, except maybe my old GOTG and OKT Fest. Not sure if what spooky produces is designed for us as collectors and casual players vs routes, but after playing multiple titles from Spooky I feel that their market is more aligned with JJP than Stern. So maybe that's something to consider when routing games. And as for the Operators, I've had plenty tell me the same about JJP that you're insinuating about Spooky. Pretty easy. If you don't like Spooky, you are free to not dump your negativity on HWN and post about other pinball games and manufacturers you like in other threads.

#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

If you don't like Spooky, you are free to not dump your negativity on HWN and post about other pinball games and manufacturers you like in other threads.

What are you talking about? I love Spooky-just because we are in an owner's thread I am not allowed to discuss known issues with manufactured games? Many agreed with my comment-so obviously I am not alone. Every game manufacturer has issues and some have more issues than others. Does that mean I do not like games that have issues- no I would would not own any games if that were the case. BTW-what are you doing in a HW thread defending comments-if you own a UM?

I have another complaint for Spooky and I hope I am allowed to voice it in an owners thread(do I have permission?)

Just got an email for renewing my Spooky membership. I love Spooky but I do not agree with the membership program. I was forced to purchase a membership to purchase Halloween CE(which I thought was lame) but I did anyway. Now they have me on some kind of renewal and it will charge my card automatically? I do not recall agreeing to this and now I need to email squirrel to cancel before they charge my card? I am over the Spooky FOMO and do not wish to have to join some kind of club. I realize after Stern made insider club, pinball companies found another route for income generation but I just am not into it. If I miss out on the next CE title-oh well-I want to have a choice and my choice has been made.

I love you Spooky

#6981 1 year ago

What the???

I just got asked for final payment on CE #1173? Uh, what is going on with build order Spooky? This is through a dealer so maybe they are making their games in one big clump?

Just doesn't make sense with the numbers other people have posted. Freaking wacko.

#6982 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just got an email for renewing my Spooky membership. I love Spooky but I do not agree with the membership program.

Me too. I just put in a request to cancel the membership.

#6983 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Annoying you have to join to order a pin even though my dealer placed the order!
I cancelled mine months ago knowing they would try to charge for another year and overseas is not cheap.

Also just been informed the UK batch has arrived, so we will be getting ours very soon.

#6984 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am over the Spooky FOMO and do not wish to have to join some kind of club. I realize after Stern made insider club, pinball companies found another route for income generation but I just am not into it. If I miss out on the next CE title-oh well-I want to have a choice and my choice has been made.

I think Spooky was pretty up front about the recurring membership update…but it’s easy to cancel. I don’t think they make much money off the Fang Club. I saw it as more of a way to let those who wanted to be closer to the front of the line for the new pins to have that chance. Stern cranks out 1000s, if not 10,000s Pins each year, with multiple titles…FOMO is what it is with Spooky games…and if you aren’t into it, that’s cool, looking at the second hand market down the line is definitely an option.

#6985 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Do we even know what's included with the 2022 Fang Club Membership? Any swag like last year? I haven't seen anyone post what they received for being a member in 2022.

#6986 1 year ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Do we even know what's included with the 2022 Fang Club Membership? Any swag like last year? I haven't seen anyone post what they received for being a member in 2022.

I bought a membership in April 2021 an never received a damn thing. Not even special videos or anything. lol

#6987 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I bought a membership in April 2021 an never received a damn thing. Not even special videos or anything. lol

The new stuff is likely tied to the next game, so not dropping it till the game is announced. August is what I was told when I asked.

#6988 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You didn’t miss anything lol

#6989 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

What the???
I just got asked for final payment on CE #1173? Uh, what is going on with build order Spooky? This is through a dealer so maybe they are making their games in one big clump?
Just doesn't make sense with the numbers other people have posted. Freaking wacko.

Weird, Kingpin said my #724 would be ready end of last month and not a peep.

#6990 1 year ago

I’m not for sure but I don’t believe that the fang club swag has ever been tied to a game.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The new stuff is likely tied to the next game, so not dropping it till the game is announced. August is what I was told when I asked.

#6991 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Geez, I’d really like it if they could ramp up production on HWN and get those out sooner! Different teams I guess.

#6992 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Dang my 624 going to boynton beach is still not here apparently. I haven't heard anything about delivery and tracking shows nothing but enroute. Hope I hear something soon.

#6993 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

What the???

We will be completed with all of our direct sale games shortly. Only ones lagging are some direct prints I believe which should be resolved very shortly. We are building TONS of games right now. The remaining CEs are almost all distributor games and the distributors have all been urged to start invoicing as we plan to wrap up CE production over the next couple months! Then on the bloodsuckers and standards! I think some distributors may be lagging behind where others are farther ahead of the game! At this rate I think everyone should be getting their game quicker than expected! Production is really coming together for us here!

#6994 1 year ago

Wow you guys are moving fast - I didn’t expect my SE until next year! Do you have the ability to start running BSE and SE before the CE are finished?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We will be completed with all of our direct sale games shortly. Only ones lagging are some direct prints I believe which should be resolved very shortly. We are building TONS of games right now. The remaining CEs are almost all distributor games and the distributors have all been urged to start invoicing as we plan to wrap up CE production over the next couple months! Then on the bloodsuckers and standards! I think some distributors may be lagging behind where others are farther ahead of the game! At this rate I think everyone should be getting their game quicker than expected!

#6995 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We will be completed with all of our direct sale games shortly. Only ones lagging are some direct prints I believe which should be resolved very shortly. We are building TONS of games right now. The remaining CEs are almost all distributor games and the distributors have all been urged to start invoicing as we plan to wrap up CE production over the next couple months! Then on the bloodsuckers and standards! I think some distributors may be lagging behind where others are farther ahead of the game! At this rate I think everyone should be getting their game quicker than expected! Production is really coming together for us here!

Better start selling some stuff. I expected super late this year or early next for my Ultraman BSE.

#6996 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What are you talking about? I love Spooky-just because we are in an owner's thread I am not allowed to discuss known issues with manufactured games? Many agreed with my comment-so obviously I am not alone. Every game manufacturer has issues and some have more issues than others. Does that mean I do not like games that have issues- no I would would not own any games if that were the case. BTW-what are you doing in a HW thread defending comments-if you own a UM?
I have another complaint for Spooky and I hope I am allowed to voice it in an owners thread(do I have permission?)
Just got an email for renewing my Spooky membership. I love Spooky but I do not agree with the membership program. I was forced to purchase a membership to purchase Halloween CE(which I thought was lame) but I did anyway. Now they have me on some kind of renewal and it will charge my card automatically? I do not recall agreeing to this and now I need to email squirrel to cancel before they charge my card? I am over the Spooky FOMO and do not wish to have to join some kind of club. I realize after Stern made insider club, pinball companies found another route for income generation but I just am not into it. If I miss out on the next CE title-oh well-I want to have a choice and my choice has been made.
I love you Spooky

First of all - shoot an email or PM them. They ALWAYS answer. Or whine and sapsuck on here. Whatever makes u feel better.

Tired of the same complaining about the same stuff over and over again. Every thread for EVERY new pin talks about issues.. Yes u are entitled to your opinion, and to share your concerns, but unless you provide insight and possible fixes to help the rest of us, well.. you're just bitchin. I can't seem to understand that people like u continue to dump on Spooky when we all know what we were in for. Future code updates, a learning process for them, and company growth. Spooky has done nothing but 100% support us and try to fix and improve these games. While people like u state some obvious points (sorry you havent added any new content or comments), Spooky brings us two insanely fresh pins with not one but 2 cool themes.. then they decided - for $10k, how bout a topper, tremendous art packages, flourescent plastic protectors, four flipper game, 3 PFs, a bridge, custom speaker lights and covers, powder coating (included on habitrail), custom shooter rod, and support on these threads. They even acquired signatures for UM. I mean wtf?

#6997 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I’m not for sure but I don’t believe that the fang club swag has ever been tied to a game.

Just a guess. The first year Fang swag did have ties to AMH, RZ and ACNC in the poster that was part of the membership.

#6998 1 year ago

I received my butter email yesterday. I was originally #376 but asked to be pushed into the 900's. The email said the CE run was almost done and it was now or never.

Time to sell a kidney.

EDIT: Spooky direct order

#6999 1 year ago

Hmm i havent gotten anything and Im 920

#7000 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hmm i havent gotten anything and Im 920

[some] Distro orders are lagging slightly behind

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 16,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/140?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.