IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 338.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Indeed! Enjoy the ride. I just purchased a #955 CE pre order. Anticipation is a wonderful thing. I’ve been waiting on my TBL for a year next month. No biggie!

BEST ATTITUDE EVER !

#652 2 years ago

First casualty. Caught this while my son was playing. One switch was missing. Screws fell out. Checked other switches while I have the playfield up, and I have another one almost ready to go and one more loose switch. I need to get some wider screws looks like. I'd check all these right away. I got some marks on the powder coating from the boy bashing the metal.

20211028_183421 (resized).jpg20211028_183421 (resized).jpg20211028_183932 (resized).jpg20211028_183932 (resized).jpg
#653 2 years ago

Hey can somebody give me a hand.
Game is stuck after trying updating the code.
It asked me to restart and after that is a black screen that says ‘welcome to pinix’ and it resets constantly showing the same text.

I removed the usb before restarting.

#654 2 years ago

Completely scrub your usb stick and do it again .

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Hey can somebody give me a hand.
Game is stuck after trying updating the code.
It asked me to restart and after that is a black screen that says ‘welcome to pinix’ and it resets constantly showing the same text.
I removed the usb before restarting.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Completely scrub your usb stick and do it again .

Scrub the usb stick load the code again in it, insert it, restart the game?
When do I remove the card?

#656 2 years ago

Scrub the usb stick load the code again in it, insert it, restart the game?
When do I remove the card?

When it says update complete, shut it down and then remove the card.

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

When it says update complete, shut it down and then remove the card.

2 different cards.
Stuck here and shows this screen constantly.
Looks like constantly resetting itself.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#658 2 years ago

2 different cards.
Stuck here and shows this screen constantly.
Looks like constantly resetting itself.
[quoted image]

That screen loop means it bricked, sorry. Have to get Fawzma to re-image your pin. Same thing happened on Ultraman to some users.
You need to call, not email
Did you download the file to a Mac originally?

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

That screen loop means it bricked, sorry. Have to get Fawzma to re-image your pin. Same thing happened on Ultraman to some users.

No idea what that is.
Has this process been explained here?
I am trying to help a friend get it sorted out. It will be a weekend project it seems.

If anybody can steer me to the directions on how to re image the game, please do.

#660 2 years ago

No idea what that is.
Has this process been explained here?
I am trying to help a friend get it sorted out. It will be a weekend project it seems.
If anybody can steer me to the directions on how to re image the game, please do.

David Fawzma is the coder, works for Spooky. No the process has not been laid out here. Check your PM

#661 2 years ago

I had it happen to my Ultraman. Fawzma will send you the original boot code. You extract the zip files onto a USB drive and then plug that into your game. That boot it to it's original state and then you can retry the upgrade. I had trouble with a 1gb drive. I then switched to a 32gb drive and that worked fine.

#662 2 years ago

Played a few more game last night. Still loving this game! One suggestion I had for SpookyLuke and the team is that I hope in future code the center ramp cannot be hit repeatedly and count as a combo. The shots should have to alternate to be considered a combo. Right now, as boring as it is, someone could just shoot the center ramp all day long and rack up a pretty high score!

#663 2 years ago

thanks for the help yesterday, I was able to get the code with the help I got here. I will try to revive this game over the weekend at some point.

#664 2 years ago

Unboxed and set up the game last night. The game is gorgeous.
I really like that they took the time and had the coin door powder coated. The 28k Elvira they released doesn't even have that..lol

Some of the things I came across.

The center scope on the sanitarium playfield would not shoot the ball back out. Had to adjust switch, it was bent down to far and would not activate properly when ball was in there.

The light for pumpkin had a broken wire and needed to be re-soldered. I believe someone else had that issue also.

The last adjustment was ball got stuck on sanitarium playfield trying to exit off into the shooter lane. Took off the plastic and adjusted the rubber so ball could flow through that exit. I believe that was mentioned also.

The only other event I had was, one time when it started the Sanitarium mode it locked up the game. Video supplied..

Game plays great...I don't think I have ever played a pin with timing like this. It really keeps you on you toes. There are some rocket fast orbit shots and then those elevators..The ball disappears a lot keeping you guessing where it will reappear until you get some games under your belt that is for sure.

Kind of weird there are no factory high scores so be prepared to enter your initials a lot..Doesn't bother me, I just never seen that before on a game.

So far I am super happy I bought this pin and super excited to see how great the future coding can make the game.

The topper lighting is awesome. It even reacts to lightening in the game play by flashing blue when lightning sounds. My only complaint is the mounting cast a long one inch tall shadow/or blocks the light on the Halloween. I might figure out another way to mount to get rid of that. You can see it at the beginning of the video I posted on the lock up video.

I do have one question though..The Judith ball lock. When is that suppose to lock a ball? I only got it to lock a ball when I hit the SuperSkill shot.

Is that the only time it can lock a ball?

#665 2 years ago

I was able to secure an earlier spot so now I'm really excited (#128). Going butter on this one. Just looking at this machine is worth it to me considering how much I love Halloween.

If anyone wants #312 - I just listed mine. Not a bad number at all, I just want this machine now.

Added over 2 years ago:

I meant 319

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Played a few more game last night. Still loving this game! One suggestion I had for SpookyLuke and the team is that I hope in future code the center ramp cannot be hit repeatedly and count as a combo. The shots should have to alternate to be considered a combo. Right now, as boring as it is, someone could just shoot the center ramp all day long and rack up a pretty high score!

AKA - Lethal Weapon 3. It's been brought up multiple times before, pretty sure they know that needs to go.

#667 2 years ago

I have never had the knocker go off on my game. I checked in settings to make sure it works and it does.

Anybody have the knocker go off on their game yet?

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have never had the knocker go off on my game. I checked in settings to make sure it works and it does.
Anybody have the knocker go off on their game yet?

Yup. For match.

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yup. For match.

Isn't it suppose to knock for things like grand champion and such?

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Isn't it suppose to knock for things like grand champion and such?

Not sure. Haven’t paid that much attention. I’ll let you know. Maybe they will implement it more with future code.

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was able to secure an earlier spot so now I'm really excited (#128). Going butter on this one. Just looking at this machine is worth it to me considering how much I love Halloween.
If anyone wants #312 - I just listed mine. Not a bad number at all, I just want this machine now.

If you’re selling #312, I better ask Joe at Pinballstar what happened, as that’s my number...

#672 2 years ago

I will be contacting Spooky on Monday, but thought some people here may have thoughts.

Anybody else get a ball stuck here on the top playfield?

PXL_20211030_211331163.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211030_211331163.MP (resized).jpg
#673 2 years ago

And then I am having these weird issues with the drop down targets on each upper playfield, where they just pop up and down over and over. The sanitarium one, keeps the ball from popping up, and I have to reset the game. The top playfield one will eventually stop on its own.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

If that post was moved back a little, so that ring was on the edge of the guide, the gap would disappear. Problem solved.

rd

B07F79FC-E3AD-4005-8D24-305DC38E935A (resized).jpegB07F79FC-E3AD-4005-8D24-305DC38E935A (resized).jpeg
#675 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

It got stuck there a few times on the IE Pinball stream too.

#676 2 years ago

Check the wiring / soldering on that drop. Seems like an intermittent connection issue.

Quoted from icyjones:

And then I am having these weird issues with the drop down targets on each upper playfield, where they just pop up and down over and over. The sanitarium one, keeps the ball from popping up, and I have to reset the game. The top playfield one will eventually stop on its own.

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

If you’re selling #312, I better ask Joe at Pinballstar what happened, as that’s my number...

SorryI meant 319

#679 2 years ago

Kaneda, love him or hate him brought up an interesting point that would be interesting to know, Why isn't Spooky's past talent working on this pin?

David Van Es? Animations
Scott Danesi? Music and lighting
Bowen Kerins? Code

Seems like they are the ones that should be doing this pin since its Spooky's best and most expensive pin.....

He seems to think this pin is doomed because code and animations will never be great...I hope Spooky proves him wrong...

#680 2 years ago

Sensationalism used to be confined to the National Enquirer.
Today we are inundated with people becoming famous by posting how they can pee their pants in front of everybody.

Critics post reviews good/bad/indifferent to further their own name not the vendor.
I don't pay any attention to critics (never really did). Opinions are free.
(Pretty sure Bowen worked rules on R&M and left the code to Eric)

Spooky can choose whoever they like to build their pins. If I like what i see i am going to buy it regardless of how good some Internet alarmist thinks it is.
Full disclosure I bought Ultraman not Halloween, but both of these games are going to do very well.
- They are small batch, limited runs
- They are built by a company that is passionate about pinball and BOTH themes
- Bowen is giving a casual hand w/o credit on the rules with these games, b/c he is a great guy and wants Spooky to succeed.
- The layout of these games is unique and VERY playable.

End of the day, don't listen to everything you read/hear on the Internet.

<end rant>

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Why isn't Spooky's past talent working on this pin?

Kind of a dumb question.

Like asking why Elwin didn't work on Led Zeppelin?

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Kind of a dumb question.
Like asking why Elwin didn't work on Led Zeppelin?

You can’t compare Stern to Spooky at all. They do more that 4 pins in a year, of course they have a rotation of staff.. dumb answer.

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Sensationalism used to be confined to the National Enquirer.
Today we are inundated with people becoming famous by posting how they can pee their pants in front of everybody.
Critics post reviews good/bad/indifferent to further their own name not the vendor.

End of the day, don't listen to everything you read/hear on the Internet.
<end rant>

Couldn't agree more!!! The world we live in currently, however ridiculous it is.

#684 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You can’t compare Stern to Spooky at all. They do more that 4 pins in a year, of course they have a rotation of staff.. dumb answer.

BOTH are manufacturing Pinball Machines.

BOTH are developing Machines while manufacturing others.

But, yeah. Nothing at all in common.

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

He seems to think this pin is doomed because code and animations will never be great...I hope Spooky proves him wrong...

Consider the source (or ignore 1 of the 2....certainly clears the lens quite a bit). Even a dead watch gives the correct time twice a day....doesn't mean it's relative to time at all.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

BOTH are manufacturing Pinball Machines.
BOTH are developing Machines while manufacturing others.
But, yeah. Nothing at all in common.

Yep....and the third piece? Well...does none of either. Apparently provides entertainment for some (definitely in his own mind...fine for him I guess)...

#687 2 years ago

Why does draining at the sanitarium playfields count as hitting the pumpkin ?

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Kaneda, love him or hate him brought up an interesting point that would be interesting to know, Why isn't Spooky's past talent working on this pin?
David Van Es? Animations
Scott Danesi? Music and lighting
Bowen Kerins? Code
Seems like they are the ones that should be doing this pin since its Spooky's best and most expensive pin.....

I think some of these concerns are legitimate and some are premature. Haven’t been able to play Halloween yet but have been watching streams and other peoples impressions who have played it. It seems to me that these observations for Halloween hold water:

- the game looks beautiful all around
- the vibe of the game in terms of lighting, music, etc seems to be pretty cool and eerie.
- seems to be a decent shooting game and according to some, Spooky’s best shooting game.
- there is good reason for concern about if the rules and code will be up to par with other popular, recent modern pins at this price. It seems like Karl from IE Pinball was not very pleased ultimately and I trust his take on games. He’s listed his for sale after owning for like a week or so. Does that mean the game sucks? Not necessarily but it’s ok to be concerned about this aspect of the game. Hopefully the rules and code make it amazing in time. Spooky seems like a great group of people. Trying to be objective and fair but it doesn’t seem like the current rules and code are really impressing many people so far. I think if someone like Bowen was involved in the rules and the community was made aware of it, there would be way less concern about the game. I guess time will tell how it comes together. Hoping for a great ruleset, modes and animations to come. Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade but like a lot of other people, I’m just trying to formulate an opinion on a game that isn’t too easy to just go and play on location.

#689 2 years ago

Spooky shared that Bowen was consulting on rules.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spooky shared that Bowen was consulting on rules.

Ah ok, I missed that. That’s good news for sure.

#691 2 years ago

Ball has gotten stuck here twice. What can I do to stop this ?

CABA2643-ABFA-4551-A060-160F6F7B921E (resized).jpegCABA2643-ABFA-4551-A060-160F6F7B921E (resized).jpeg
#692 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Ball has gotten stuck here twice. What can I do to stop this ?
[quoted image]

You can loosen the posts on either side and retighten them while pulling away from the inlane, should give a little more clearance for the ball to go through.

#693 2 years ago

Anybody here going to the Houston Pinball Expo?

There will be a Halloween at the show this year.

#694 2 years ago

New code update:
V1.02 (H78)
FIXED topper attract would play when in menu system and hitting flippers
FIXED volume changes now affect sfx channels in real time
FIXED mode select / store modes would start if available when ball search kicked in
FIXED annie combo mode player 4 ui was wrong
FIXED "Let Me In" was not awarding points for green targets
FIXED match sequence potential crash
FIXED combo mode can't be spammed from same shot over and over.. move around
FIXED diveted exit works with combo mode
FIXED hedge mode left ramp lights not clearing on end of mode
FIXED hedge ball lock indicator on left inlane is now working
UPDATE Bob/Lynda adult mode in standard settings
UPDATE judith animation sequence and added in missing audio/video
UPDATE counting bodies aniation order changed for second phase and end of mode
UPDATE counting bodies lights changed to purple instead of green
UPDATE skillshot lights now red
UPDATE removed diverter feature from asylum mode to eliminate confusion about the house flipper
UPDATE while in blood/spacium store all lights are killed except the right scoop which blinks
UPDATE tilt animation updated
UPDATE tilt warning lights now functional
UPDATE right scoop rampup time increased
UPDATE H78/UM removed flipper power settings
UPDATE if dropbank targets trigger hardware issue event, modes using drop targets are handled better
UPDATE internal changes to how text is positioned on display
UPDATE asylum intro updated
UPDATE More movie audio clips added throughout

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

New code update:
V1.02 (H78)
FIXED topper attract would play when in menu system and hitting flippers
FIXED volume changes now affect sfx channels in real time
FIXED mode select / store modes would start if available when ball search kicked in
FIXED annie combo mode player 4 ui was wrong
FIXED "Let Me In" was not awarding points for green targets
FIXED match sequence potential crash
FIXED combo mode can't be spammed from same shot over and over.. move around
FIXED diveted exit works with combo mode
FIXED hedge mode left ramp lights not clearing on end of mode
FIXED hedge ball lock indicator on left inlane is now working
UPDATE Bob/Lynda adult mode in standard settings
UPDATE judith animation sequence and added in missing audio/video
UPDATE counting bodies aniation order changed for second phase and end of mode
UPDATE counting bodies lights changed to purple instead of green
UPDATE skillshot lights now red
UPDATE removed diverter feature from asylum mode to eliminate confusion about the house flipper
UPDATE while in blood/spacium store all lights are killed except the right scoop which blinks
UPDATE tilt animation updated
UPDATE tilt warning lights now functional
UPDATE right scoop rampup time increased
UPDATE H78/UM removed flipper power settings
UPDATE if dropbank targets trigger hardware issue event, modes using drop targets are handled better
UPDATE internal changes to how text is positioned on display
UPDATE asylum intro updated
UPDATE More movie audio clips added throughout

Awesome, and just makes me chuckle about some the " rain on the parade" stuff above. Luke did say a year, right? My eyes are open, skies clear regarding how badass this game is gonna be.

Pinside gonna be Pinside....

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Why does draining at the sanitarium playfields count as hitting the pumpkin ?

Anyone know if this is supposed to happen.

#697 2 years ago

New code loaded! Happy Halloween!!

#698 2 years ago

Hit the super skill shot…Young clown Michael is unmasked…and the movie clips are in abundance and much longer.

#699 2 years ago

I went to install new update. It said updated and restart machine and when I did this is looping.

Is it bricked?

20211031_172236 (resized).jpg20211031_172236 (resized).jpg
#700 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Anyone know if this is supposed to happen.

Yes. That is built into the code. I would love for this to be an option in the settings. I think right now they want to make sure people see more clips, which are associated with modes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.