IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 340.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I haven’t and don’t know anyone that has. My guess is, if you do it and it bricks the game, there won’t be any support for you from Spooky…but that’s just my guess.

I don't know if they won't help you, but Spooky has stated that there is a safeguard in place to prevent code swapping between games. I assume that has to do with the license being for a certain number of games.

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

If you decide to change the one post out I would do both outer posts, or the new angle would change the dynamics of the bounce back and drain easier off the PF.

Ah, right. If skinny rollover lane posts were used on the two front posts of the 3 post one, that might also fix it. Essentially make it like a sling with a mix of star and skinny posts.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Has anyone dared load Ultraman code onto their Halloween or vice versa? Also, is this kind of talk ok?

The ol' Reeses peanut butter cup pinball mod...

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

#88 received Invoice

And #82

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't know if they won't help you, but Spooky has stated that there is a safeguard in place to prevent code swapping between games. I assume that has to do with the license being for a certain number of games.

Ah, I missed this being stated somewhere. I am mainly wondering so I can maybe make Halloween a little more kid friendly for my boys. My wife was getting a little nervous because she knows they well want to play it, after seeing it for the first time last night.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's too bad as that would be fun to play with, I doubt that anyone would keep the swapped code on for any appreciable amount of time though. I had my Stern Shrek and installed the Family Guy code. Everything played as expected and I played it for awhile but I actually preferred the Shrek.

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:It's too bad as that would be fun to play with, I doubt that anyone would keep the swapped code on for any appreciable amount of time though. I had my Stern Shrek and installed the Family Guy code. Everything played as expected and I played it for awhile but I actually preferred the Shrek.

Just because Spooky doesn’t “support” it doesn’t mean it’s not possible - although it may be a huge pain to swap

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Ah, I missed this being stated somewhere. I am mainly wondering so I can maybe make Halloween a little more kid friendly for my boys. My wife was getting a little nervous because she knows they well want to play it, after seeing it for the first time last night.

I’m thinking the opposite, bring on the adult mode.
Magicchiz

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I’m thinking the opposite, bring on the adult mode.
Magicchiz

That would be sweet! So much will get added to this title over the next year. Can’t wait to see and experience the evolution!

#610 2 years ago

So Halloween is on 82 and Ultraman is on 72 how exactly is that a 5 to 2 ratio what are they going to do runoff a whole Lotta Halloween‘s without any Ultraman when Ultraman reaches 100 Halloween should be at 250 Would be nice to know what’s going on with the numbers nice did they update but once a month or two is not enough not to mention haven’t seen any remarks on the current numbers being even

#611 2 years ago

#80 going on the truck today.

#612 2 years ago

#63 out for delivery

10/1 Butter/No Butter Email
10/14 Invoice
10/25 Shipped
10/28 Delivered to PA

#613 2 years ago

3 day before halloween

well done

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

So Halloween is on 82 and Ultraman is on 72 how exactly is that a 5 to 2 ratio what are they going to do runoff a whole Lotta Halloween‘s without any Ultraman when Ultraman reaches 100 Halloween should be at 250 Would be nice to know what’s going on with the numbers nice did they update but once a month or two is not enough not to mention haven’t seen any remarks on the current numbers being even

Maybe just the first 50 we’re 1 to 1….if they are doing around 25 a week, I would have thought they’d be in the 100s by now.

#615 2 years ago

It seems to be that they made 50 Halloween and 50 Ultraman. Then the previously stated ratio was going into effect.

#616 2 years ago

Mine arrives today. Are they arriving with the latest code?

I don't see any code updates on the website..

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Mine arrives today. Are they arriving with the latest code?
I don't see any code updates on the website..

Code update is right here
https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#618 2 years ago

For those trying to track this, I got an e-mail saying I'm in the next batch, and believe I'm no. 122.

Wish it was in time for Halloween but still looking forward to it. Hopefully some of Luke's projected improvements will find their way into this batch.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

It seems to be that they made 50 Halloween and 50 Ultraman. Then the previously stated ratio was going into effect.

Well, even after the first 50 of each it seems we’re at a 32:22 ratio rather than 5:2.

Maybe they focused on UM because code was further along on it or some other delays to HW. I’m a little disappointed with the speed of my order (maybe 163, can’t remember). Anyway, After following them and talking to the guys at Pinfest, I have a lot of respect for the company and will give them a pass for at least a little longer.

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

#80 going on the truck today.

I just received an e-mail from Spooky saying that mine would not be out for delivery until next week. I'm number #70 by the way. This is after receiving e-mails 2 weeks ago that it would ship last week or either this week. Not sure how #80 is hipped out before #70?

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just because Spooky doesn’t “support” it doesn’t mean it’s not possible - although it may be a huge pain to swap

Earlier versions of the firmware/software supported swapping code. However, I'm afraid that on all shipped games, a code swap won't work. It'll lock the computer up, and it will have to be reflashed.

#622 2 years ago

Shipping logistics is a nightmare these days. Drivers are in short supply, gas is through the roof etc etc.

Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

I just received an e-mail from Spooky saying that mine would not be out for delivery until next week. I'm number #70 by the way. This is after receiving e-mails 2 weeks ago that it would ship last week or either this week. Not sure how #80 is hipped out before #70?

#623 2 years ago

I can’t believe these undervalued spots are still for sale considering an early NIB HWN CE just sold for $15k (confirmed)

#624 2 years ago

The sold game was bought by someone who wanted a machine in their house for Halloween. A spot won't get you that. Someone paid a lot of money to have a cool item at their Halloween party, that is all.

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I can’t believe these undervalued spots are still for sale considering an early NIB HWN CE just sold for $15k (confirmed)

I haven’t had a single inquiry since like the first day or so that I posted and I have an early spot that I’m offering at a small loss. I have trouble believing it sold for 15k. That is a massive premium for getting it a few weeks earlier.

#626 2 years ago

sorry, double post

#627 2 years ago

It’s been confirmed in the hype thread. Guy who bought it chimed in. Anyway, I think the value will increase after the next few updates and surprised that some people are taking losses on their spot.

Quoted from JSC:

I haven’t had a single inquiry since like the first day or so that I posted and I have an early spot that I’m offering at a small loss. I have trouble believing it sold for 15k. That is a massive premium for getting it a few weeks earlier.

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s been confirmed in the hype thread. Guy who bought it chimed in. Anyway, I think the value will increase after the next few updates and surprised that some people are taking losses on their spot.

I didn’t buy the spot with the intent to profit…I would rather take a small loss now and just be able to transfer the spot then having to deal with shipping, ect. I would guess many others feel the same way. There just wasn’t much of an opportunity to see the game before having to commit to the preorder.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Earlier versions of the firmware/software supported swapping code. However, I'm afraid that on all shipped games, a code swap won't work. It'll lock the computer up, and it will have to be reflashed.

ooooh let's not have people brick their games. I suppose this does not fall into "right to repair"

#630 2 years ago

People thought the UM code was farther along, but HWN was the first to get the store and modes update

#631 2 years ago

I feel you! #67 here still waiting for shipment confirmation.

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

thumbs-down-you.gifthumbs-down-you.gif

#633 2 years ago

Could be a number of factors. No worries, it will arrive shortly.

I posted my status so everyone can kind of get a rough idea where Spooky is at. I didn’t mean to cause hurt feelings for anyone waiting for their game. Spooky is cranking them out as quickly as possible! Relax and have a cold one.

BC8E8E04-2B5E-4C9D-97BA-E0436ACEB19E.gifBC8E8E04-2B5E-4C9D-97BA-E0436ACEB19E.gif
#634 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I posted my status so everyone can kind of get a rough idea where Spooky is at. I didn’t mean to cause hurt feelings for anyone waiting for their game. Spooky is cranking them out as quickly as possible! Relax and have a cold one.
[quoted image]

I’m just glad you have yours on the way. A few days isn’t going to make a difference for me other than having to try and reschedule my day off of work to be home for delivery. Rather have it made right than rushed! I’m just impressed spooky replies so quickly - it’s a rarity these days. Thank you Morgan at Spooky!

#635 2 years ago

My point is not that you should attempt to make a profit it just makes the game look less desirable to have multiple spots listed for under deposit value and guys like Kaneda take screen shots of that and go “seeeee? This game is a piece of shit and no one wants it” which he has done on two separate occasions…if only to intentionally boost the value of his UM.

Quoted from JSC:

I didn’t buy the spot with the intent to profit…I would rather take a small loss now and just be able to transfer the spot then having to deal with shipping, ect. I would guess many others feel the same way. There just wasn’t much of an opportunity to see the game before having to commit to the preorder.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Well, even after the first 50 of each it seems we’re at a 32:22 ratio rather than 5:2.

I thought spooky stated the build ratio to be two to one?

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

#63 out for delivery
10/1 Butter/No Butter Email
10/14 Invoice
10/25 Shipped
10/28 Delivered to PA

The Night He Came Home
image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg

#639 2 years ago

He came home..

20211028_134837 (resized).jpg20211028_134837 (resized).jpg
#640 2 years ago

Always amazed me how Santa can be in two places at the same time

#641 2 years ago

Just wondering how wide the shipping box is? My doors are on the smaller side, so I’m wondering if I need to unbox at my buddy’s garage then bring it in the house.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

Just wondering how wide the shipping box is? My doors are on the smaller side, so I’m wondering if I need to unbox at my buddy’s garage then bring it in the house.

Went through my front door with plenty of room to spare. Box is 32 inches wide one side and 33 on another. So choose the 32 inch side when bringing it through the door.. lol

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

He came home..[quoted image]

I like how it rains so little in Texas your house doesn’t have rain gutters ….

My buddies houses in SoCals are the same.

rd

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Maybe they focused on UM because code was further along on it or some other delays to HW. I’m a little disappointed with the speed of my order (maybe 163, can’t remember). Anyway, After following them and talking to the guys at Pinfest, I have a lot of respect for the company and will give them a pass for at least a little longer.

And if you don't give them a pass? What shall you do?

With UM in the mix, then have 200 machines ahead of you, why worry?

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Went through my front door with plenty of room to spare. Box is 32 inches wide one side and 33 on another. So choose the 32 inch side when bringing it through the door.. lol

Thanks for the response!, my door is 31" wide

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Go play it @electric bat arcade. You will pull your ad down. You can thank me later.

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

I always unbox outside/garage it takes me about 5 minutes. I wouldn’t stress too much.

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

PITA, but remove the door and jam…or unbox it outside and cart it in. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

#649 2 years ago

Just to clarify what was actually paid. Game had butter cabinet and was a CE. Have my 2 CE spots that were later for ultraman and Halloween. 4k in deposits for those two spots and rest in cash.

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image]

Indeed! Enjoy the ride. I just purchased a #955 CE pre order. Anticipation is a wonderful thing. I’ve been waiting on my TBL for a year next month. No biggie!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/13?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.