20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 339.
#6901 1 year ago

Just sent the final payment for HWCE Butter #833 today from Nitro Pinball. I may still get mine before Halloween Ends!

#6902 1 year ago

If only other games told me not to waste my multi ball also I think I would be a much better player

Who did these voice overs? It sounds just like the guy from the movies fabulous work

#6903 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If only other games told me not to waste my multi ball also I think I would be a much better player
Who did these voice overs? It sounds just like the guy from the movies fabulous work

The voice sounds like a forced English accent to me and I do not think it sounds anything like Donald Pleasance. Considering Dr. Loomis is massive presence in the movie, I wish they would use the actual voice when at all possible instead of the voice actor recreating the exact same lines. I think using the voice actor for specific game callouts and Pleasance's voice from the movie quotes would be a very acceptable use for the callouts. Also, as I mentioned before, I hope they put in a option to limit or silence the callouts. I would love to just play the game with the soundtrack and quotes from the movie. Lights do a good job of getting objectives across and callouts are mostly not needed and especially not the redundancy of the same callouts.

#6904 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The original actor passed away, so obviously not him. With licensing, companies have approved voice actors who are the only ones allowed to do voicework. This is the guy who plays Loomis for all things Halloween.

PS: I've said it before, but my new goal in life is to become an approved voice actor for something.

#6905 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The original actor passed away, so obviously not him. With licensing, companies have approved voice actors who are the only ones allowed to do voicework. This is the guy who plays Loomis for all things Halloween.
PS: I've said it before, but my new goal in life is to become an approved voice actor for something.

I completely understand this is a licensing issue. But does the license restrict using the voice from the movie as well? I cringe when I hear the voice actor say "He was doing very well last night".... something straight from the movie. Don't get me wrong, I love the game. This particular topic is the only issue I have as a whole.

#6906 1 year ago

I personally can't stand callouts that tell you what to shoot for, or scream out 'Jackpot'. You don't need that shit. Callouts should entertain, not instruct. If you have the time to trawl through all the other Halloween movies, you'll find some great Dr Loomis lines, which would enhance the atmosphere of the game.

#6907 1 year ago

This is the most insane comment I’ve read here all day. Callouts are there for the exact purpose of CALLING out what’s happening in the game and instructing the player what to do. I mean…that IS pinball.

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I personally can't stand callouts that tell you what to shoot for, or scream out 'Jackpot'. You don't need that shit. Callouts should entertain, not instruct. If you have the time to trawl through all the other Halloween movies, you'll find some great Dr Loomis lines, which would enhance the atmosphere of the game.

#6908 1 year ago

Hey look at us!…..I actually completely agree with you!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is the most insane comment I’ve read here all day. Callouts are there for the exact purpose of CALLING out what’s happening in the game and instructing the player what to do. I mean…that IS pinball.

#6909 1 year ago

Can someone from Spooky please chime in? What was the official fix for the powder coat issue? My game was one with bad powder coating. It was slightly turning black, but the tackiness of the finish was driving me nuts. Spooky sent me a replacement set today. The new rails are considerably less shiny and a different color. What happened? Did you swap vendors? Is this a different color? The finish on my original rails was way better but not durable.

20220701_170218 (resized).jpg20220701_170218 (resized).jpg

#6910 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

One thing about Pinside I cannot stomach; all the damn trolls!

HA! I see what you did there…

Quoted from lpeters82:

I’m sure you’ll do a top notch Michael Myers. Never say never.

#6911 1 year ago

#410 landed today. Amazing game, great job Spooky.

BE3894DB-2AA3-41C7-B4BB-4BE6AB0C13E6 (resized).jpegBE3894DB-2AA3-41C7-B4BB-4BE6AB0C13E6 (resized).jpeg
#6912 1 year ago

537 Butter landed two days ago. Everything plays great, looks great and nothing broken out of the box. Thanks NitroPinballUSA and SpookyCharlie for all the great service. So pumped!!

6DD9E0DA-13B5-4D4B-AC8E-9014A2B3DF2A (resized).jpeg6DD9E0DA-13B5-4D4B-AC8E-9014A2B3DF2A (resized).jpeg
#6913 1 year ago

Well ball got stuck again . Now my pumpkin on the bayonet is getting loose too .
Guess I’ll try heat again today it worked for few days and I’m sure that’s the fix
What u guys recommend about the pumpkin ? Every time shaker goes it gets loose
Feels like I’m spending more time on this machine then my heighway alien
Don’t get me wrong my heighway 100% working and flawless now just took a little work to get there

#6914 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well ball got stuck again . Now my pumpkin on the bayonet is getting loose too .
Guess I’ll try heat again today

That's saying something.
I have the Pinball Brothers version and it was one of the first 50. I had to changed some boards and 2 controller boxes. But they were updated versions so it seems to be running solid now. Halloween I haven't had that many issues. I have CE61 so they sent me redesigned ramps. I have a lower led light strip out but don't miss it. Physically the only problem was the pumpkin switch was out of adjustment and the light bulb socket had a broken solder joint at the wire.

#6915 1 year ago

I feel like the felt protectors give too much wiggle in the game so I removed them. Had anyone done that and are you worried about the decals?

#6916 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guess I’ll try heat again today it worked for few days and I’m sure that’s the fix
Don’t get me wrong my heighway 100% working and flawless now just took a little work to get there

A little hot glue will keep the pumpkin in place…just be careful where you put it, so it’s not very visible.

#6917 1 year ago

Had a dipshit moment installing my house mod for Halloween. First of all trying to get to that board to plug in had me playing twister and moving my body in ways I did not know I could-trying to jimmy a flashlight doing it left handed-doh!

Then I was jiggling balls loose from trough lifting pf and one dropped. For the life of me I can't find it? I think it is in back under ramps, rolled away? I gave up and put another ball in-crazy. Then I went nuts thinking I blew a fuse for upper right flipper. I thought the upper right flipper moved with lower right flipper like the left side-no. Sometime later doing coil test had me realizing that upper right is only activated during modes. 5 minute install turned into an hour fumbling. Reminded me of times I have lost a nylon nut and can't find?

#6918 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

A little hot glue will keep the pumpkin in place…just be careful where you put it, so it’s not very visible.

What u think about a little Velcro ? Would that work ? Ordered a heat gun going to come this evening wish me good luck guys hopefully I don’t burn my digit

#6919 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:What u think about a little Velcro ?

Not sure that would work well. Hot glue or Gorilla Glue perhaps? Weird how they chose to use hot glue-what happens if the bulb burns out?

#6920 1 year ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I am currently looking to sell my Halloween collectors edition. I had a lot of fun with it this past year and I am looking to change up my lineup and have a couple games coming. ...”
2022-08-16
Hawthorn Woods, IL
7,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 26 days
Viewed: 3968 times
Contributed to Pinside

Up for sale is special number 78. The film was released in 78 so hopefully this game finds a good home.

#6921 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Machine - For Sale

FS: Halloween #78 (Collectors Edition) Chicago Area

New!
Featured!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “I am currently looking to sell my Halloween collectors edition. I had a lot of fun with it this past year and I am looking to change up my lineup and have a couple games coming.
...”

19 hours ago

Hawthorn Woods, IL

jeffgoldstein2

Up for sale is special number 78. The film was released in 78 so hopefully this game finds a good home.

Man, already its third owner.

#6922 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What u think about a little Velcro ? Would that work ? Ordered a heat gun going to come this evening wish me good luck guys hopefully I don’t burn my digit

Just to verify…hot glue. I’m assuming you meant hot glue gun. A heat gun would melt/damage stuff near there (pumpkin, fence, possibly playfield).

#6923 1 year ago

Roughed in frame for my Tales from Haddonfield Halloween poster I picked up at Pintastic. Just have to sand and paint. Repurposed pallet wood from when I purchased new in box. Yes I know. I’m a nerd.

EE2A1327-4E2A-48AC-BD42-02E345F2C288 (resized).jpegEE2A1327-4E2A-48AC-BD42-02E345F2C288 (resized).jpeg
#6924 1 year ago

Ugh now my first Michael doesn’t move but it does in test mode

Nevermind stopped working test mode , dead servo ? Already ??

5D4551F7-0914-41F4-89CD-CAA13F7D765C (resized).jpeg5D4551F7-0914-41F4-89CD-CAA13F7D765C (resized).jpeg

#6925 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

First thing I'd do is check the wiring and connectors for that mech.

#6926 1 year ago

I was just in the middle of playing a game, smoke started coming out of the left flipper under the glass. Wasn’t even holding or using the flipper at the time.

Turned off game immediately, left flipper coil is burnt up, and plunger is seized up in the sleeve. And now the trough won’t kick any balls out either?

Sadly, it looks like no more Halloween for the long weekend and party. That sucks.

#6927 1 year ago

There a servo in your coin box, this happened to my first Michael as well. If this has happened to anyone else please chime in. It may be a code bug or the last servo in the line (first Michael) is getting extra voltage causing that single servo to kick prematurely (just a HUNCH, not a fact)

Was yours glitching a bit before it went down?

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

#6928 1 year ago

I've been renting this game for the past few weeks, still haven't passed the 50M mark but I suspect part of that is because there's no EXTRA BALL given if you reach a certain score? I know that RICK/MORTY had one set at 6M but when I go into the settings on HALLOWEEN and set it to 5M, it doesn't really "work". There are some other items in the settings that I don't understand (min/max?) but can someone help me figure out how to set up a basic EXTRA BALL for reaching a certain score? I'm sure that would help me play longer games. Thx!

#6929 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There a servo in your coin box, this happened to my first Michael as well. If this has happened to anyone else please chime in. It may be a code bug or the last servo in the line (first Michael) is getting extra voltage causing that single servo to kick prematurely (just a HUNCH, not a fact)
Was yours glitching a bit before it went down?

Mine hasn't moved recently. I have not checked it yet. Funny how it is always the first one.

#6930 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:Just sent the final payment for HWCE Butter #833 today from Nitro Pinball. I may still get mine before Halloween Ends!

Holy shit, less than 100 away now(920) better figure out how im paying for this badboy!

#6931 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That's saying something.
I have the Pinball Brothers version and it was one of the first 50. I had to changed some boards and 2 controller boxes. But they were updated versions so it seems to be running solid now. Halloween I haven't had that many issues. I have CE61 so they sent me redesigned ramps. I have a lower led light strip out but don't miss it. Physically the only problem was the pumpkin switch was out of adjustment and the light bulb socket had a broken solder joint at the wire.

I think he has an OG Alien, and if he is spending more time fixing HWN than Alien, thats a concern.

#6932 1 year ago

My custom mod for Halloween. It took a lot of work, but well worth it. Now it’s time to play pinball for the rest of the evening instead of working on pinball!

16C19B0A-C125-4CC1-93FF-C7F5CDF8D256.jpeg16C19B0A-C125-4CC1-93FF-C7F5CDF8D256.jpeg5C930066-E3C4-4484-A64B-63AF3E363935.jpeg5C930066-E3C4-4484-A64B-63AF3E363935.jpeg97ECD138-AC3F-4688-AF4E-4993CD129D55.jpeg97ECD138-AC3F-4688-AF4E-4993CD129D55.jpegB1B33D3A-2354-49B2-8299-DA5113B76FEB.jpegB1B33D3A-2354-49B2-8299-DA5113B76FEB.jpeg
#6933 1 year ago

Yeah that’s why I suspect there’s an issue with voltage and not the servos themselves. I didn’t even bother to install the new servo thinking it may just happen again. Will wait to hear from spooky about it. Thankfully it didn’t really affect gameplay.

Quoted from kciaccio:

Mine hasn't moved recently. I have not checked it yet. Funny how it is always the first one.

#6934 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

EXTRA BALL for reaching a certain score? I'm sure that would help me play longer games. Thx!

I don’t know what the menu setup is on HW, but it’s standard to get a replay award (free game) at a certain score.

Generally you can change that in the menu to an extra ball instead, if you so desire.

Or if you want to - just change the amount of balls from 3 per game to 4 or 5. One of my buddies has all his games set to 5 balls so he can play them longer.

Again - haven’t used the HW menu but I would think all that stuff would be there.

rd

#6935 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My custom mod for Halloween. It took a lot of work, but well worth it. Now it’s time to play pinball for the rest of the evening instead of working on pinball!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome. May have to look into that as well. What did you plug into for power?

#6936 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Yet another unfinished project on my bench ( embarrassing). Think the effect looks great...

#6937 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

That looks fantastic. What the heck is that? Glow film of some sort? Witchcraft? What form of sorcery is this?

#6938 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was just in the middle of playing a game, smoke started coming out of the left flipper under the glass. Wasn’t even holding or using the flipper at the time.
Turned off game immediately, left flipper coil is burnt up, and plunger is seized up in the sleeve. And now the trough won’t kick any balls out either?
Sadly, it looks like no more Halloween for the long weekend and party. That sucks.

Man. I haven't been posting since I sold my spot, but that really sucks! Let us know once you identify the problem.

#6939 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

That looks fantastic. What the heck is that? Glow film of some sort? Witchcraft? What form of sorcery is this?

Haha! It’s just EL paper. Same stuff used to light up the side rails of TNA.

Quoted from Selig:

That looks awesome. May have to look into that as well. What did you plug into for power?

They’re plugged into the service outlet inside the cabinet.

#6940 1 year ago

I decided last night playing that the balls in Halloween look tarnished and beat. I thought this masterpeice deserves better-I am going to order some Silver Jets from Marcos today. I also have to say that the Halloween house mod is one of the best mods ever made. Very innovative with the adjustments in back and it fits the machine like it was meant to be there. Very happy with the Halloween house mod. Also a couple people have posted their machines with house mod but no side walk sticker? Need to get the sidewalk sticker to go with house mod

#6941 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Haha! It’s just EL paper

You should set up shop and sell those-they are cool

#6942 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I thought this masterpeice deserves better-I am going to order some Silver Jets from Marcos today.

Just remember, Silver Jets don’t play well with games with magnets.

#6943 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Silver Jets don’t play well with games with magnets

If I had a dime for every time someone has told me this I could buy a Slurpee(the big one)

I have Silver Jets in lots of my machines with magnets. It may be that with the number of machines I own I do not play 1000's of games where you would start to see magnetization. So far I have zero issues and I think they play like butter. Put some Blitz on-some Silver Jets with Superbands-and you are in business.

#6944 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I had a dime for every time someone has told me this I could buy a Slurpee(the big one)

Lol, fair enough.

#6945 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Man. I haven't been posting since I sold my spot, but that really sucks! Let us know once you identify the problem.

Certainly does. I’ve reached out to Spooky, hopefully get a response Tuesday after the long weekend.

#6946 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I used 1/4 electrical tape and applied it to the base of the bulb two months ago. Hasn’t come loose yet. I put the tape on the top half of it. Problem solved for me.

#6947 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I decided last night playing that the balls in Halloween look tarnished and beat. I thought this masterpeice deserves better-I am going to order some Silver Jets from Marcos today. I also have to say that the Halloween house mod is one of the best mods ever made. Very innovative with the adjustments in back and it fits the machine like it was meant to be there. Very happy with the Halloween house mod. Also a couple people have posted their machines with house mod but no side walk sticker? Need to get the sidewalk sticker to go with house mod

I had the sidewalk sticker and ended up taking it off and not using it. I preferred the look of the ramp without it. Since the right ramp didn’t have a sticker for it, it didn’t like good to me. Just my two cents, I mean 4 cents adjusted for inflation lol.

#6948 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I preferred the look of the ramp without it

Interesting-I had the opposite feeling-the side walk sticker ties the house in nicely and protects the ramp from ugly scratches. My OCD did not like staring at scratched up ramp.

#6949 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Colsond3 bummer, that same thing happened to be going into the Memorial Day weekend. The cause of mine was the coil was miswired, and the low and high power windings were accidentally swapped. Good luck!

#6950 1 year ago

I would like to play this game more but the one on route near me is always out of order. They finally got it running with a new board from Spooky and when I went back to play, its switched off and now the ball is stuck in that narrow channel like Oneangrymo has got going on. I enjoyed playing this game when it first showed up but it only worked for about a week. Not sure if this is a good game for location play, seems to need a lot of love. That said, if all the bugs ever get worked out Id sure consider one for the house.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.