IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 338.
#6851 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok my damn ball is still getting stuck. Anyone come up with any other options/ideas?
Its getting old and annoying. I tried redoing the screws 100 times. Spooky sent me a brand new mold but it didnt have any holes pre drilled in it so I cant mount it. I tried the hair dryer technique, didnt do anything.
Any other thoughts?

I remember seeing somewhere in this thread where people had jammed a shot glass in there which was a slightly larger diameter than the ball, then heat the plastic with the hairdryer.

#6852 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok my damn ball is still getting stuck. Anyone come up with any other options/ideas?
Its getting old and annoying. I tried redoing the screws 100 times. Spooky sent me a brand new mold but it didnt have any holes pre drilled in it so I cant mount it. I tried the hair dryer technique, didnt do anything.
Any other thoughts?
[quoted image]

Stick something slightly larger than the gap in the path when the game isn't being played. I'm sure you have a socket in your tool box that will do the trick. It might take a few days but it should eventually hold shape. Heating it up with a hairdryer would speed up the process but it will take some time regardless. A heat gun would do it for sure but you can't do that while the piece is installed for risk of damage to other stuff.

#6853 1 year ago

I really hope people spending 9k on a game don’t have to do this..

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I remember seeing somewhere in this thread where people had jammed a shot glass in there which was a slightly larger diameter than the ball, then heat the plastic with the hairdryer.

#6854 1 year ago

I am sure something can be done. There are 700+ out there working so it must be a small tolerance issue.

#6855 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m #908! We’re practically twins! [quoted image]

Im not quite as short ha! Are you going butter. Im like eff it, yes.

#6856 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Any other thoughts?
[quoted image]

Take a file to that area, and repaint? Hell a brown marker would probably work.

Is hard to get the plastic off?

#6857 1 year ago

Oh god what a terrible burden it is to have to make a quick adjustment. Pinball sucks.

Quoted from djsolzs:

I really hope people spending 9k on a game don’t have to do this..

#6858 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Any other thoughts?
[quoted image]

Silly question. Did you replace the balls in the machine with the wrong size?

#6859 1 year ago

Not what I mean at all - I’m just saying a shot glass and heating plastics so the ball can roll is a little much. That’s not a quick adjustment… if it’s even necessary that is.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh god what a terrible burden it is to have to make a quick adjustment. Pinball sucks.

#6860 1 year ago

No, what you were actually saying was repeating the ol’ trope that “for x amount of dollars you shouldn’t have to do x”. It’s pinball. It’s x-pensive and you always have to do ‘x’.

If you had meant to say what you just replied then you ought to have said that in the first place. Ya’know?

Quoted from djsolzs:

Not what I mean at all - I’m just saying a shot glass and heating plastics so the ball can roll is a little much. That’s not a quick adjustment… if it’s even necessary that is.

#6861 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

+1 for a quick caliper sanity check.

Might as well do the gap too while you are at it.

#6862 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im not quite as short ha! Are you going butter. Im like eff it, yes.

Absolutely. Butter. All the way.

#6863 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I wish it was a quick adjustment it is not. The holes drilled in my upper playfield must be done incorrectly causing this narrowing

Quoted from Mrg50:

No , factory balls that came with the machine

This isn't my fist rodeo with pinball machines kiddos. I guess Ill try the hair dryer technique again, or have my pinball tech make a u shaped wire that fits in there to keep it separated

#6864 1 year ago

Sorry you are wrong - but I really like your code update ideas. Keep those coming as opposed to ripping in to other members for making a comment.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, what you were actually saying was repeating the ol’ trope that “for x amount of dollars you shouldn’t have to do x”. It’s pinball. It’s x-pensive and you always have to do ‘x’.
If you had meant to say what you just replied then you ought to have said that in the first place. Ya’know?

#6865 1 year ago

I am only three days into playing my new "Halloween" and I can honestly say that it would be great if Spooky enabled an option of turning off (or at least limiting) the callouts. That "Loomis" talks so much and it is so repetitive. I would like to just mostly hear the tracks with limited callouts. Could this be a possibility in a future update Spooky team?

#6866 1 year ago
Quoted from Drebay:

I am only three days into playing my new "Halloween" and I can honestly say that it would be great if Spooky enabled an option of turning off (or at least limiting) the callouts. That "Loomis" talks so much and it is so repetitive. I would like to just mostly hear the tracks with limited callouts. Could this be a possibility in a future update Spooky team?

Amen

#6867 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Any other thoughts?
[quoted image]

I had the same problem with the upper playfield. And like you, no amount of trying to adjust the screws would permanently fix the problem.

To fix this, I used some 100-grit sandpaper to remove about 1/32 of an inch from each side of that molded channel. I then used some Testors brown model paint and a q-tip to smear brown paint on the two sides of the channel. I think it came out just fine and I no longer have that stuck ball issue.

Attic_1 (resized).jpgAttic_1 (resized).jpg
#6868 1 year ago

This is your exact quote…so, please explain how I’m “wrong”

Quoted from djsolzs:

Sorry you are wrong - but I really like your code update ideas. Keep those coming as opposed to ripping in to other members for making a comment.

213BC23A-68D1-4BF3-AC95-0041E818A3F0 (resized).jpeg213BC23A-68D1-4BF3-AC95-0041E818A3F0 (resized).jpeg
#6869 1 year ago

One thing about Pinside I cannot stomach; all the damn trolls!

#6870 1 year ago

Waiting for my butter like

#6871 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

And like that I got email my machine is ready to ship!

#6872 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I had the same problem with the upper playfield. And like you, no amount of trying to adjust the screws would permanently fix the problem.
To fix this, I used some 100-grit sandpaper to remove about 1/32 of an inch from each side of that molded channel. I then used some Testors brown model paint and a q-tip to smear brown paint on the two sides of the channel. I think it came out just fine and I no longer have that stuck ball issue.[quoted image]

Nice Job!!! I see you have the ramp decals installed. How did they turn out? I'm thinking of buying them and the knife decal.

#6873 1 year ago

See if it works for me!

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

See if it works for me!

Im number 624 apparently if that is any help.

#6875 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Nice Job!!! I see you have the ramp decals installed. How did they turn out?

Actually, that's just some woodgrain peel-n-stick vinyl I purchased from Amazon for $5. I put it on both the stairway and the walkway / bridge.

I got a bunch left over. Want some?

Walkway (resized).jpgWalkway (resized).jpg
#6876 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Actually, that's just some woodgrain peel-n-stick vinyl I purchased from Amazon for $5. I put it on both the stairway and the walkway / bridge.
I got a bunch left over. Want some?[quoted image]

Send the Amazon link please.

Thanks

#6878 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I got a bunch left over. Want some?[quoted image]

Killer job on this!

#6879 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Killer job on this!

I see what you did there...

#6880 1 year ago

Im number 612 ...

#6881 1 year ago

#-680 Butter shipped today or yesterday!!! Missed an email where Morgan wanted to know if someone would be home

#6882 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Im number 612 ...

With the numbers of butters going out, you should be at any moment now

#6883 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Rad, thanks for that idea! How was removal to apply to the walkway / bridge area?

#6884 1 year ago
Quoted from delawarejason:

1. About half of the time my ball won't load into the shooter lane at the start of a new game. Sometimes it's the second game of the night or the third, so there is no pattern as to the initial game or subsequent games after it boots. Anyone else have this issue?

In setting add a few 'pips' to the power of the coil, and you will find that really helps.

#6885 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Any other thoughts?

This may be a long shot but may try smaller balls as a temporary fix? Got some 1" balls for Houdini and it did help with shots but had difficulty registering in trough ,etc.

If Spooky is sending a replacement may try a more aggressive way to bend plastics. When I heard hair dryer I thought-that would take some time and may not work? A heat gun may work if you do not get too close and take it slow. I got mine from Harbor Freight for cheap

#6886 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wish it was a quick adjustment it is not. The holes drilled in my upper playfield must be done incorrectly causing this narrowing

No , factory balls that came with the machine
This isn't my fist rodeo with pinball machines kiddos. I guess Ill try the hair dryer technique again, or have my pinball tech make a u shaped wire that fits in there to keep it separated

Hair dryer will not get it hot enough. You need to use a heat gun. The plastic is too thick for a hair dryer. Put heat on the bottom of the piece and move it back and forth constantly.

You can get a heat gun at Harbor Freight for cheap.

#6887 1 year ago

Sorry if I misunderstood, but didn't you mention that Spooky replaced the mold/guide and balls are still getting stuck? That leads me to believe that there is an issue with the mounting tolerances on your machine rather than with the mold. If you loosen the screws that hold the mold on, will the ball fit? If not, could the butt pretzel metal ball guide above it or the post at the end of that guide be a bit low and deforming the plastic? If either of those are pressing down into the plastic, that could narrow the opening. I would try loosening all of those screws and see if the ball fits. Then figure out which one is deforming the mold. Once you figure that out, you might be able to oval out the hole on the suspect mount to give yourself some more adjustment. If it's the post, often there is some slop between the screw size and the inner diameter of the post, so just loosening it might allow you to push it over a bit for more clearance before re-tightening. Hopefully whatever it is will not require re-drilling the playfield, but if it does, at least it should be in a hidden spot. Good luck!

#6888 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips guys. I could probably try the heat gun technique, but I was never good at chemistry class. I was always scared of those damn busnon burners. Heat and flames and me are asking for disaster.

Secondly, yes you are right, if I loosen the two screws holding the mold down, then viola.. the ball moves freely. so I tried to leave it in there loose but then the screws look odd not being flush w/ the mold. Maybe I willl try moving that post a bit and see if that helps.

Worse case I will go to the sanding that the other pinsider did.

Spooky did send me a new mold. But there were no drill holes in it. So I had no idea how to put it on! See pic
This is what i got in the mail

IMG_6277 (resized).jpegIMG_6277 (resized).jpeg
#6889 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the tips guys. I could probably try the heat gun technique, but I was never good at chemistry class. I was always scared of those damn busnon burners. Heat and flames and me are asking for disaster.
Secondly, yes you are right, if I loosen the two screws holding the mold down, then viola.. the ball moves freely. so I tried to leave it in there loose but then the screws look odd not being flush w/ the mold. Maybe I willl try moving that post a bit and see if that helps.
Worse case I will go to the sanding that the other pinsider did.
Spooky did send me a new mold. But there were no drill holes in it. So I had no idea how to put it on! See pic
This is what i got in the mail[quoted image]

Oh! I missed the part about the replacement not being drilled. That sucks. I'm sure they will make it right, but obviously that doesn't help you in the short term.

If loosening the screws lets the ball move freely, I think I would try increasing the size of the holes a bit so they are not creating tension when you snug them back down. Hopefully you can get enough space without being too large for the screw head, but you could always throw a washer on it if need be too. It is likely the one directly above the ball path, but you never know. Hope you get it fixed up without too much more trouble!

#6890 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh! I missed the part about the replacement not being drilled. That sucks. I'm sure they will make it right, but obviously that doesn't help you in the short term.
If loosening the screws lets the ball move freely, I think I would try increasing the size of the holes a bit so they are not creating tension when you snug them back down. Hopefully you can get enough space without being too large for the screw head, but you could always throw a washer on it if need be too. It is likely the one directly above the ball path, but you never know. Hope you get it fixed up without too much more trouble!

never thought about washer idea, I will try that!

Ok now that Im going to try to get that fixed, what was the consensus fix for the right inlane flap?My ball gets stuck there all the time then I have to shake the machine to make it move
thanks - NEVERMIND, loosening the right outside screw and only hand tightening just a tiny bit seems to have fixed that. Back to that house mold.

#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

never thought about washer idea, I will try that!

Should be an easy get me over fix, that way.

#6892 1 year ago

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what's going on with those house molds at your location. When shipped that opening was spaced normally. Now, it looks like it was shipped to the sun and back.

#6893 1 year ago

#-680 butter has left the spooky pinball factory, hopefully the driver drives straight thru for 1582 miles south!!!!

#6894 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what's going on with those house molds at your location. When shipped that opening was spaced normally. Now, it looks like it was shipped to the sun and back.

Left out on a sunny shipping dock in 100 degree weather is its own kind of heat gun I imagine.

Or maybe I am just having flashbacks to slinging soda as a summer job. Kmart was the worst, leaving wrapped pallets out in the sun. You go to grab a 12 pack too fast and hot sticky lava would explode all over you.

#6895 1 year ago

Well I think my stuck ball issue has finally been fixed . My buddy pinkitten came over with his heat gun and heated the bend just a bit to make it flexible then we let it cool and viola done ( mold was removed first !)
Works like a charm!
Thanks pinkitten!

C67321BE-DB8D-430B-9FAB-8AA89DCA37FB (resized).jpegC67321BE-DB8D-430B-9FAB-8AA89DCA37FB (resized).jpeg
#6896 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

came over with his heat gun

I knew the hairdryer would not do anything but I was afraid to mention the heat gun approach. I thought to myself-I don't want to recommend something and then have them get too close and torch the plastics-glad it worked out.

#6897 1 year ago

Happy to hear you got it fixed. That had to have been incredibly frustrating.

#6898 1 year ago

Anyone know if we getting an update at the same time as Ultraman (July 10th) or is this just a special code drop for Ultraman day?

#6899 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone know if we getting an update at the same time as Ultraman (July 10th) or is this just a special code drop for Ultraman day?

I’m pretty sure it’s just Ultraman getting the update.

#6900 1 year ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

I’m pretty sure it’s just Ultraman getting the update.

Yup, they said their focus was UM, then Halloween.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/138?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.