20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 339.
#6801 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Possible. It hasn’t really bothered me, so I haven’t raised it as an issue. The lights and display will freeze, no response from the start button. Quick reboot and I’m back in business.
Spooky, I’m #80, so if there’s a code issue to address with that version of board set, those are the symptoms.

We have a forthcoming fix that should take care of that issue.

#6802 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We have a forthcoming fix that should take care of that issue.

lpeters82 I had the upper two playfield flippers stop working at the same time as the start glitch hit. Related or coincidental mechanical issue?

#6803 1 year ago

CE-680 with Extra Imperial Butter is ready to leave the Spooky Pinball Manufacturing Plant!! Waiting gor an Invoice tho, 53 weeks from when i ordered it!!! Bravo Spooky

#6804 1 year ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

lpeters82 I had the upper two playfield flippers stop working at the same time as the start glitch hit. Related or coincidental mechanical issue?

I'm not aware of anything related.

#6805 1 year ago

Any date (chance) on getting Scorbit on this machine?

#6806 1 year ago

Anyone know what the Light Strip Power setting is for in the Standard Settings? I’ve tried all the numbers 1-10 and can’t see a difference. What do you have yours set on? I’ve already had the sanitarium led strip lights go out on me twice. I just installed a third one. This does not seem normal.

#6807 1 year ago

Any tips to get less stmd rejects from the middle ramp (UM owner here)? Thanks

#6808 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

A little bump if ya think it’s coming. Try to get the ball to deviate on the ramp…so needs a little foresight. Halloween here (but same layout).

#6809 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Any tips to get less stmd rejects from the middle ramp

I would double check your side to side level and pitch of your game first. I have had some ball returns from not making all the way up the ramp that tend to come straight down the middle. With a little nudge at the top and anticipation of the projected path of the ball it can be saved with a slight nudge or death save. I am still working on my nudging skills and trying to improve everyday learning to keep the ball safe. I am a big fan of the Abe Flips videos-he does a great job explaining things...

#6810 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Not an owner yet but I know there is a metal one way flap for the ball to pass to get to the top before it diverts, somebody mentioned a wire gate or something else would have less resistance for the ball to get up there which would give less rejections.

This would annoy me too much if a decent shot up there came back down let alone sdtm as well.

#6811 1 year ago

So how does Sanitarium end? I think I needed to hit the scoop on the Sanitarium playfield to end it, but the drop target was up, and if I hit it, it just popped right back up again.

Or does the more end hitting the main playfield scoop?

#6812 1 year ago

Thanks everyone
To be clear, it's not an issue to make it to the top or save the ball.
I get more rejects when the ball is supposed to go to the left / upper playfield, and also it gets worse after 2 or 3 games, even with a perfect shoot.
I will double check the levelling, but so far it didn't fix the rejects.

#6813 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Thanks everyone
I get more rejects when the ball is supposed to go to the left / upper playfield, and also it gets worse after 2 or 3 games, even with a perfect shoot.

Curious what number is your game?

#6814 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Curious what number is your game?

UM 192
To be clear, I'm not complaining about the game, it plays nicely and Spooky team rocks.
I'm just trying to make it a bit easier for a casual player like me

#6815 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

To be clear, I'm not complaining about the game, it plays nicely and Spooky team rocks.
I'm just trying to make it a bit easier for a casual player like me

Still on the stiock flipper rubbers?
The switch to Titans took a lot of bounce out on my machine and made that center ramp more repeatable on live shots.

#6816 1 year ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Thanks everyone

Your divertor is out of alignment. It probably needs moved over one tooth. Check post 2072 where I had the same problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/42#post-6665122

#6817 1 year ago

Did this help for backhanding the center ramp when house is open? I can cleanly smash the house ramp with left flipper at both diverter positions but once the house is open a backhand is only successful about 30% off the time.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Your divertor is out of alignment. It probably needs moved over one tooth. Check post 2072 where I had the same problem.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/42#post-6665122

#6818 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Did this help for backhanding the center ramp when house is open? I can cleanly smash the house ramp with left flipper at both diverter positions but once the house is open a backhand is only successful about 30% off the time.

I wouldn't really call any shot to the center ramp a backhand but it sounds like you are referring to a right flipper shot. If that is the case, yes it helps. Spooky designed the game to be makable from both sides easily with any strong shot. Stong shots can make the center ramp while weak shots get rejected (per Spooky). If that can't be done the problem probably lies with the diverter placement.

#6819 1 year ago

Yeah that diverter can make a HUGE difference with the tiniest change. I found that mine didn't need to jump an entire tooth, but just loosening the screw gave quite a bit of adjustment "within" each tooth. Mine was reject city at first, highly dependent on which flipper you shot it with when it was in either position. It took a little trial and error to find the sweet spot, but now I can shoot with either flipper to either position with very few rejects on a clean shot. It is crazy how sensitive this shot is to perfect diverter positioning.

#6820 1 year ago

I’m not sure I understand. How does the diverter impact the ball getting up there? Seems like by the time the ball hits that diverter it would have already made it up?

Or is the ball getting up there and then getting knocked back down? That would be interesting and something I’ve never noticed.

#6821 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m not sure I understand. How does the diverter impact the ball getting up there? Seems like by the time the ball hits that diverter it would have already made it up?
Or is the ball getting up there and then getting knocked back down? That would be interesting and something I’ve never noticed.

The ball impacts the diverter at the top of the ramp. If the diverter is aligned properly the ball will go to the left or right (depending on the diverter position). If it isn't aligned correctly the ball just rattles around and drops back down the ramp.

#6822 1 year ago

The ball impacts the diverter at the top of the ramp. If the diverter is aligned properly the ball will go to the left or right (depending on the diverter position). If it isn't aligned correctly the ball just rattles around and drops back down the ramp.

I thought there was a metal flap to stop the ball going back down once it enters the diverter area?
Or is it not completely passing the flap if the diverter is not adjusted correctly.

#6823 1 year ago

If the diverter is out of alignment it would hit the diverter as it's trying to push though that metal flap, thus causing a reject. In the test menu with the diverter set to make ramp (which send the ball to the left) you want the diverter positioned as close to the center ramp as possible, without overhanging the center ramp opening. The height of the middle drop targets makes a huge difference.

#6824 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If the diverter is out of alignment it would hit the diverter as it's trying to push though that metal flap, thus causing a reject. In the test menu with the diverter set to make ramp (which send the ball to the left) you want the diverter positioned as close to the center ramp as possible, without overhanging the center ramp opening. The height of the middle drop targets makes a huge difference.

Good to know. Mine looks like it could be moved just a tad. Maybe I’ll try that tonight.

#6825 1 year ago

So do we have any “inside info” on what we can expect from the next update?

#6826 1 year ago

Love this game

#6827 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Love this game

Just had some people over and it was a hit again. HALLOWEEN just pulls us in! It's crazy fun.

#6828 1 year ago

Is there a super skill shot?
and what is the point of the second playfield during the whole meyers vs that Laurie mode? Is there actualyl something to do there, or just let it drain so I can get back up stairs!

#6829 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a super skill shot?
and what is the point of the second playfield during the whole meyers vs that Laurie mode? Is there actualyl something to do there, or just let it drain so I can get back up stairs!

Super skill shot was the Judith shot…I think they changed it to 100k, and you get an extra ball in lock. As far as the upper playfield with Meyers and Laurie…butt pretzels (spinners) and making it over the upper bridge. Then multiball…try to get it over the top bridge during multiball…so much fun!

#6831 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What is the point of the second playfield during the whole meyers vs that Laurie mode? Is there actually something to do there, or just let it drain so I can get back up stairs!

That is a big hole in the code. You are correct, there is nothing to do there if the sanitarium isn't active. Just let it drain and try again.

#6832 1 year ago

That is a big hole in the code. You are correct, there is nothing to do there if the sanitarium isn't active. Just let it drain and try again.

You can regenerate Laurie's health on the second playfield by hitting the targets.

#6833 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You can regenerate Laurie's health on the second playfield by hitting the targets.

Ahh! Thats why those targets are green !
Thanks for the tip!

#6834 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I was just going to say - I love the ability to hit those targets for health.

I think the code is shaping up nicely. The modes really aren't just hit a blinking light and move on. Some a multi tiered, the upper upper fight with Michael that drops to the upper for health, the hedge MB that makes you do multiple things. I have no idea how this game is selling at a loss right now. I really expect it to pick up once the run is completed. There are only 1250 or so in existence right? Not just CE - but the entire game. Crazy.

#6835 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

True but after that there is nothing. To be honest, what it the benefit of adding to Laurie’s health? It scores next to nothing and she isn’t going to die. The task just seems to be a time waster to me. Healing is better suited for Ultraman.

#6836 1 year ago

True but after that there is nothing. To be honest, what it the benefit of adding to Laurie’s health? It scores next to nothing and she isn’t going to die. The task just seems to be a time waster to me. Healing is better suited for Ultraman.

I agree with this. If Laurie’s health steadily decreased, it would absolutely incentivize the green standups and add some risk/reward. As-is, there’s no real need to increase her health.

#6837 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I agree with this. If Laurie’s health steadily decreased, it would absolutely incentivize the green standups and add some risk/reward. As-is, there’s no real need to increase her health.

Agreed. It would be much more practical if they added a few seconds of time to the timer.

#6838 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Agreed. It would be much more practical if they added a few seconds of time to the timer.

Yeah, I think (hope) Spooky has plans for the Sanitarium playfield. It would be a great place to add time, rack multipliers, add-a-ball, etc. It’s pretty sterile right now, easily fixed with code.

#6839 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, I think (hope) Spooky has plans for the Sanitarium playfield. It would be a great place to add time, rack multipliers, add-a-ball, etc. It’s pretty sterile right now, easily fixed with code.

I guarantee they will based on my track record of selling games with questionable code at a huge loss. EVERY single time, a new code update drops that makes me kick myself haha... I sold a GBLE with topper, factory rails, color dmd for $7600... six months later Dwight fixes the code and it's the hottest thing since sliced bread. Hope Spooky pulls this off though I'm definitely rooting for them.

#6840 1 year ago

It would be really cool if they added a survive mode like GB added GOD mode. A whole separate mode chosen in the menu.

Having to keep adding health by hitting targets/ramps while losing it because he is after you...and when you die, game over. One ball.

When GB added GOD mode, it felt like two pins in one. Great for competition and quick games.

#6841 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Adding time to House mode would be a brilliant use of the Sanitarium playfield! I struggle making the crossover shot on my machine. Since the timer was added to House, I end up timing out a high percentage of the time on the last shot, which is super frustrating and sucks the fun out of the mode for me. I have asked for the option to turn off the timer or at minimum save progress, but adding time (instead of the almost useless health increase) would be a great alternative. Maybe even add time with the stand-ups, increase jackpot value with the scoop after lowering the drop target?

#6842 1 year ago

I had suggested awhile back that one sanitarium standup target be ‘add time’ and one be ‘health’ and I think that may actually become implemented. Would be even cooler if you had to lock in the time added by hitting the drop target and thru shot. Will make for excellent game play when you drain down there with 2 seconds left and you can smack that target to keep the mode going. Also they will be pausing the timer in the subways too from what I gather. Not sure if it will be the next update but it seems like these fit into a natural progression of the rule design.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Adding time to House mode would be a brilliant use of the Sanitarium playfield! I struggle making the crossover shot on my machine. Since the timer was added to House, I end up timing out a high percentage of the time on the last shot, which is super frustrating and sucks the fun out of the mode for me. I have asked for the option to turn off the timer or at minimum save progress, but adding time (instead of the almost useless health increase) would be a great alternative. Maybe even add time with the stand-ups, increase jackpot value with the scoop after lowering the drop target?

#6843 1 year ago

After a quick shipping damage fix #770 is running perfectly. We absolutely love this game. Thanks to Spooky Luke and AJ for getting those damaged parts out to us so quickly

67902F33-F72D-469C-B759-A50C1420C672 (resized).jpeg67902F33-F72D-469C-B759-A50C1420C672 (resized).jpeg
#6844 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

100% agree We are making progress every day!

#6845 1 year ago

Cant wait for 920, that is all!

#6846 1 year ago

There is a LOT of information on this game and 137 pages to read. I just received mine and had two questions:
1. About half of the time my ball won't load into the shooter lane at the start of a new game. Sometimes it's the second game of the night or the third, so there is no pattern as to the initial game or subsequent games after it boots. Anyone else have this issue?
2. After the ball leaves the sanitarium through the drop target it almost always drains down the middle without any chance of recovery. To add insult to injury, there is no automatic ball save as at that point either. I see the issues with the diverter on the top playfields but is there something similar that "aims" the ball out of the underside of the sanitarium?

Otherwise, I LOVE the game. The LEDs are done right, the shots seem about right and I am confident that Spooky will include some interesting code to make the sanitarium more interesting. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

#6847 1 year ago

Make sure you game is pitched / leveled perfectly. If problem with shooter lane persists, remove the apron and make sure everything lines up correctly. A few owners have added washers at the trough to tweek the eject.

Quoted from delawarejason:

There is a LOT of information on this game and 137 pages to read. I just received mine and had two questions:
1. About half of the time my ball won't load into the shooter lane at the start of a new game. Sometimes it's the second game of the night or the third, so there is no pattern as to the initial game or subsequent games after it boots. Anyone else have this issue?
2. After the ball leaves the sanitarium through the drop target it almost always drains down the middle without any chance of recovery. To add insult to injury, there is no automatic ball save as at that point either. I see the issues with the diverter on the top playfields but is there something similar that "aims" the ball out of the underside of the sanitarium?
Otherwise, I LOVE the game. The LEDs are done right, the shots seem about right and I am confident that Spooky will include some interesting code to make the sanitarium more interesting. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

#6848 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cant wait for 920, that is all!

I’m #908! We’re practically twins!

1373CCC4-AB59-48C3-8E05-4A6ACC336EA6 (resized).jpeg1373CCC4-AB59-48C3-8E05-4A6ACC336EA6 (resized).jpeg
#6849 1 year ago

The last 10-posts has a lot of overlap.

Quoted from delawarejason:

I would double check your pitch. We do test the ball paths at 6.5 and leveled left to right. That said, the easy way to adjust is to adjust the slack of the rubber next to the Judith lock. Worst case you can give the metal guide a small tweek. Just make sure you are also testing the full orbit. You want the full orbit and drops from the "headlight exit" to both hit the left flipper. If others are struggling with this, I can make that a future video.

#6850 1 year ago

Ok my damn ball is still getting stuck. Anyone come up with any other options/ideas?
Its getting old and annoying. I tried redoing the screws 100 times. Spooky sent me a brand new mold but it didnt have any holes pre drilled in it so I cant mount it. I tried the hair dryer technique, didnt do anything.
Any other thoughts?

IMG_6308 (resized).jpegIMG_6308 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.