IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,962 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 340.
#6751 1 year ago

You gotta install the film code on your JP, total game changer!

Quoted from JohnDeere:

Not sure how ‘pro’ the voice actors are on my JP, that thing has terrible call outs. ‘Why would nedry DO this?’

#6752 1 year ago

Having a fathers and sons day mini comp here later but still no Halloween to beat them on here
The grandchildren don’t call me Grumpa for nothing
Hope you all got spoilt today.

#6753 1 year ago

I think I finally got my narrow house mold channel fixed. I just put a pinball here and let it "dilate" the area over night. Hope it helps someone else with similar issue

IMG_6279 (resized).jpegIMG_6279 (resized).jpeg
#6754 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think I finally got my narrow house mold channel fixed. I just put a pinball here and let it "dilate" the area over night. Hope it helps someone else with similar issue[quoted image]

Good idea, just made me think too much about my dental implants (same basic approach).
Also, having been away from my pins and computer for 3 days, just caught up on this thread: What a shit-fest, like watching a movie in fast motion - I'm tired, going to get a beer! Happy Father's Day to all you motha's out there!

#6755 1 year ago

I managed to take out the fifth light board underneath the Sanitarium playfield. Now it’s hot glue and gorilla tape time.

#6756 1 year ago

I'd try to relocate the light or adjust your shooter lane. Something is not right with that area on your game. I've launched 1000s of balls on Halloween and Ultraman and haven't hit a single light bracket. If you need some help, give us a call and I'll walk you through it.

#6757 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Something is not right with that area on your game.

I agree with you.

I’ve called a few times. The issue with relocating the board is that I’ll need to remove both upper playfields. I’d rather not do that.

I’m going to try one more time by removing the rubber on the board and adjusting the position of the board with hot glue and 3M tape. There’s not enough leverage to route a new hole without removing the Sanitarium playfield.

If this doesn’t work, I’ll call to get the best sense of how to remove both playfields. I’m glad no one else is having this issue, truly. Because it sucks.

#6758 1 year ago

I think I got it this time. Light board repositioned, screw and rubber removed. I used double sided 3M tape followed by hot glue as a sealant. I loosened the Sanitarium playfield to allow some area to work.

Notice how far the light board was in the shooter lane before I moved it.

Before:
E4E7A5B6-0B20-479A-8379-751FB90A94A8 (resized).jpegE4E7A5B6-0B20-479A-8379-751FB90A94A8 (resized).jpeg
After:
B653DDA0-8CE6-4CBA-AEA6-392F3AFC26B1 (resized).jpegB653DDA0-8CE6-4CBA-AEA6-392F3AFC26B1 (resized).jpeg

#6759 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I think I got it this time. Light board repositioned, screw and rubber removed. I used double sided 3M tape followed by hot glue as a sealant. I loosened the Sanitarium playfield to allow some area to work.
Notice how far the light board was in the shooter lane before I moved it.
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]

Huge difference there. Hoping this becomes a permanent fix for you, it would drive me nuts.

#6760 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I think I got it this time.

Do you reckon the ball is hitting the left edge of the ball guide there and going airborne?

Maybe get the old iPhone out and record the ball launch in slow motion. It’s amazing what you can’t see the ball doing with the naked eye. I’ve solved a heap of issues with the slo mo video.

Added bonus - the slo mo video makes very cool pinball clunking noises.

ADDED: I see a gap between the black centre rail and the launch ramp. If the centre rail was repositioned more to the right (so there was no gap) the ball would always launch away from the light board. Just a thought.

rd

#6761 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Do you reckon the ball is hitting the left edge of the ball guide there and going airborne?
Maybe get the old iPhone out and record the ball launch in slow motion. It’s amazing what you can’t see the ball doing with the naked eye. I’ve solved a heap of issues with the slo mo video.
Added bonus - the slo mo video makes very cool pinball clunking noises.
ADDED: I see a gap between the black centre rail and the launch ramp. If the centre rail was repositioned more to the right (so there was no gap) the ball would always launch away from the light board. Just a thought.
rd

I haven’t noticed any clunky launches, but admittedly I didn’t record in slow mo. If you kneel down and angle your eyes just right, you can see the launch through the knife.

I’ll check any gaps, but again, the launch seems normal. That switch was just dead center in the shooter lane.

#6762 1 year ago

Added a 1979 Ford LTD wagon (can’t find a 78), but still need to paint it gray, remove the roof rack, and add the “For official use only” sanitarium logo. These are easy to find on eBay or Amazon for under $15 packaged in either T2 or Charlie’s Angels themes. If these were discussed above already, forgive me!

D3AF8E42-317D-49B6-BFDC-053CF4B7A411 (resized).jpegD3AF8E42-317D-49B6-BFDC-053CF4B7A411 (resized).jpeg
#6763 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s something that’s unbelievable (and silly) about Halloween. How does Michael know how to drive a car if he’s been in an asylum since he was 6 years old?

Everyone knows Dr. Wynn gave him driving lessons.

#6764 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Its a part Marco carries, but has been backordered forever. Forgot the part # but its on Marco’s site, if you search ‘ball scoop’ or ‘ball deflector’.

Didn't find it, but I guess no matter if it's out of stock. I tried the plastic overhang, but maybe mine was a bit small as it didn't really help. I'm going to see if I can come up with anything, but too bad we can easily bend the deflector.

#6765 1 year ago

Code related questions:

1. The Sanitarium drop target doesn’t seem to engage, but works in test. I seem to remember it was used more with the previous code update. Is this drop target supposed to always be down?

2. Jackpot lights. For each of the main multiballs, there are three jackpots. The inserts are lit either orange or red. What do the colors mean?

#6766 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Code related questions:
1. The Sanitarium drop target doesn’t seem to engage, but works in test. I seem to remember it was used more with the previous code update. Is this drop target supposed to always be down?
2. Jackpot lights. For each of the main multiballs, there are three jackpots. The inserts are lit either orange or red. What do the colors mean?

I just received my Halloween CE #702 and the sanitarium drop target is usually up until I knock it down (after it turns red) to start sanitarium mode, then it’s back up again during that mode. I’m not sure which code version mine has.

#6767 1 year ago

Deleted Post:
Misread the post and that you were replying to another.

#6768 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Deleted Post:
Misread the post and that you were replying to another.

No worries. Just letting him know my drop target on the sanitarium playfield is usually up. I should check my code version, but my pin was fairly recently produced (#702). I’m guessing it’s current, unless we’ve had a recent update.

#6769 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I just received my Halloween CE #702 and the sanitarium drop target is usually up until I knock it down (after it turns red) to start sanitarium mode, then it’s back up again during that mode. I’m not sure which code version mine has.

This is the norm for me. Since during the mode you have to hit the two targets next to drop target, and also the drop target again to get through mode. Might have to hit the three main playfield targets too. I usually mess up somewhere on top playfield and while I'm down hit the three targets since they are red before going back up to complete (hopefully) the mode.

#6770 1 year ago

Universal Studios Orlando must be following this thread. Guess I'll be visiting Halloween Horror Nights again this year

HWN (resized).JPGHWN (resized).JPG
#6771 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

Universal Studios Orlando must be following this thread. Guess I'll be visiting Halloween Horror Nights again this year
[quoted image]

We go every year. Hoping all the houses are good this year. HHN is such a blast.

#6772 1 year ago

Is something going on with production or the butter cabs? I got my email about butter option and going into production at the end of April, it's getting into late June and heard nothing. Emailed couple weeks ago and was told theres a wait on butter cabs. Does it normally take much longer for having chosen this option?

#6773 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is something going on with production or the butter cabs? I got my email about butter option and going into production at the end of April, it's getting into late June and heard nothing. Emailed couple weeks ago and was told theres a wait on butter cabs. Does it normally take much longer for having chosen this option?

For some reason the butter decals are taking a really long time. Spooky is building non-butter cabs much more quickly. Supply chain, I guess

#6774 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For some reason the butter decals are taking a really long time. Spooky is building non-butter cabs much more quickly. Supply chain, I guess

Geez I had a higher number and see folks close to my old number getting their machines soon now. I got bumped up the list to a lower number cause folks backed out at Kingpin but now gonna be close to two months since I got my email about butter.

#6775 1 year ago

My guess is that they do them in batches, so you're waiting for enough people to choose butter to justify making a batch.

#6776 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

My guess is that they do them in batches, so you're waiting for enough people to choose butter to justify making a batch.

That makes a bunch more sense

#6777 1 year ago

That might be it yea.....

Bummer was excited and made space for the new pin with the rest in the new house and just sitting waiting now on any news...

#6778 1 year ago

Geez I had a higher number and see folks close to my old number getting their machines soon now. I got bumped up the list to a lower number cause folks backed out at Kingpin but now gonna be close to two months since I got my email about butter.

I also originally had a higher number and moved up when the opportunity knocked but a far different scenario from yours. I paid for my butter cab just last week and I received the tracking number this morning for THIS Friday delivery..... Very strange that Butter Cabs are all over the place right now. As far as I am aware, I am one of the first few butter cabs to be shipped with cabinets in the 600 range. So, hopefully you will get your very shortly.

#6779 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Added a 1979 Ford LTD wagon (can’t find a 78)

Actually, since Michael busted out of Smith’s Grove in late October, 1978, he could have been driving a ‘79 LTD. New model year usually comes out in Sept or so the prior year, right? So, assuming the official use vehicle was brand new (nothing but the best for Michael), it could be a ‘79.

#6780 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Didn't find it, but I guess no matter if it's out of stock. I tried the plastic overhang, but maybe mine was a bit small as it didn't really help. I'm going to see if I can come up with anything, but too bad we can easily bend the deflector.

It's part #01-8806 on Marco's site. Sign up to be notified via email once it's back in stock. I've been signed up for a few months; nothing yet. One day!

#6781 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

It's part #01-8806 on Marco's site. Sign up to be notified via email once it's back in stock. I've been signed up for a few months; nothing yet. One day!

Thanks. Signed up.

#6782 1 year ago

We were unable to get butters for a stretch, so we're currently a bit ahead on standard cabinets. The current line is almost exclusively butter, so we should be caught up shortly.

#6783 1 year ago

518 butter came home today.

#6784 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Added a 1979 Ford LTD wagon (can’t find a 78), but still need to paint it gray, remove the roof rack, and add the “For official use only” sanitarium logo. These are easy to find on eBay or Amazon for under $15 packaged in either T2 or Charlie’s Angels themes. If these were discussed above already, forgive me!
[quoted image]

Where will you get the decals??

#6785 1 year ago
Quoted from Drebay:

I also originally had a higher number and moved up when the opportunity knocked but a far different scenario from yours. I paid for my butter cab just last week and I received the tracking number this morning for THIS Friday delivery..... Very strange that Butter Cabs are all over the place right now. As far as I am aware, I am one of the first few butter cabs to be shipped with cabinets in the 600 range. So, hopefully you will get your very shortly.

Nice. I haven't been asked to pay yet, just got the email for butter option almost exactly two months ago, said yes right away and haven't heard anything since saying yes. So hoping to hear something soon

#6786 1 year ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Where will you get the decals??

I’ll make them. My wife is pretty good at making custom target decals. We will zoom in on the image of the logo from the movie, recreate it, print very tiny images on decal paper.

#6787 1 year ago

Here a video on the car if this helps with your mod.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Actually, since Michael busted out of Smith’s Grove in late October, 1978, he could have been driving a ‘79 LTD. New model year usually comes out in Sept or so the prior year, right? So, assuming the official use vehicle was brand new (nothing but the best for Michael), it could be a ‘79.

#6788 1 year ago

Does Halloween ce come with standard glass ?

#6789 1 year ago

Yes

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does Halloween ce come with standard glass ?

#6790 1 year ago

Time to order pDI!

#6791 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Time to order pDI!

I put voodoo glass in my UM CE. It really makes everything pop. Definitely recommend one of the anti glare glasses out there.

#6792 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s definitely a ‘78. The movie was shot in May 1978, and new cars don’t typically hit the lots until fall. Plus, when the latest Halloween came out they found the car and did an extensive restoration on it. Edit - I see someone posted a video about!

#6793 1 year ago

This software version seems a lot less stable than the previous versions. I have to power down and restart several times a day or else the game start sequencing starts crashing. Hopefully there's a patch or another update in the pipeline.

#6794 1 year ago

Nice. I haven't been asked to pay yet, just got the email for butter option almost exactly two months ago, said yes right away and haven't heard anything since saying yes. So hoping to hear something soon

I have yelled, kicked, and screamed about butter cabinets to the supplier lol. I unfortunately they are just a very labor intensive process and seem to always take longer than we want. I have had a standing non stop order for them since months before we even started the build! Sorry about the wait I know it's annoying but we will get it to ya!

#6795 1 year ago

I don’t think any of us are having this problem. Might want to re upload the most recent update or have Fawzma reflash your game.

Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

This software version seems a lot less stable than the previous versions. I have to power down and restart several times a day or else the game start sequencing starts crashing. Hopefully there's a patch or another update in the pipeline.

#6796 1 year ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Mine crashes if the game has been on for a few hours. A reboot will fix it every time. I assumed it was a code issue, and not a huge deal. I’m sure they’re track it down and address the problem.

#6797 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Mine crashes if the game has been on for a few hours. A reboot will fix it every time. I assumed it was a code issue, and not a huge deal. I’m sure they’re track it down and address the problem.

Could this be similar to that memory leak thing that caused ACNC issues? I know this is a new board system, so not sure.

#6798 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Could this be similar to that memory leak thing that caused ACNC issues? I know this is a new board system, so not sure.

Possible. It hasn’t really bothered me, so I haven’t raised it as an issue. The lights and display will freeze, no response from the start button. Quick reboot and I’m back in business.

Spooky, I’m #80, so if there’s a code issue to address with that version of board set, those are the symptoms.

#6799 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s definitely a ‘78. The movie was shot in May 1978, and new cars don’t typically hit the lots until fall. Plus, when the latest Halloween came out they found the car and did an extensive restoration on it. Edit - I see someone posted a video about!

Yep, I agree. Just kidding about it being a new model ‘79 for fall of ‘78. It’s definitely a ‘78 from what I’ve read. The ‘79 is close, but has some slight differences.

#6800 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Possible. It hasn’t really bothered me, so I haven’t raised it as an issue. The lights and display will freeze, no response from the start button. Quick reboot and I’m back in business.
Spooky, I’m #80, so if there’s a code issue to address with that version of board set, those are the symptoms.

#207 just in case

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 16,962 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/136?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.