IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 340.
#6701 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s something that’s unbelievable (and silly) about Halloween. How does Michael know how to drive a car if he’s been in an asylum since he was 6 years old?

I've been "driving" cars and etc since I was 4. Bigwheels, bicycles, little motorized vehicles. He may be lacking the rules of the road knowledge, but I think knowing how to start and step on the gas would have easily been gleaned from the Dad or watching Mom, as well as movies/tv. I know all my boys knew of such things as of 5 or 6yrs old.

#6702 1 year ago
Quoted from Mkvgti:

Had this happen twice now (60 plays in)
Right flipper becomes unresponsive after this (pictured) push-pin works itself out, disconnecting the action (I'm not sure on the terms, new to the hobby). It seems reasonably tight when I push it back in with pliers.
Thoughts on making the fix more permanent - new push-pin, loctite, etc?
[quoted image]

Press fit pin. Pin or hole worn or mis-machined. Just replace unit.

#6703 1 year ago

I’m an enthusiast!

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

In a way, yes. Because for me part of the fun of the new game experience is talking about the game with other enthusiasts on pinside.

#6704 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I just replaced the clear drop target plastic protector. It sucked, sucked, sucked. Removing the broken one wasn’t bad, but aligning the nuts underneath the Sanitarium playfield wasn’t fun. You’ll need another arm, or at least an octopus tentacle.
I threw a few clear Lexan protectors over/under the new protector at the posts. Not sure if this will help, I guess we’ll see.

I posted about this earlier in the thread, but you really don't need anything holding that protector down under the Sanitarium playfield. It isn't going anywhere and if it isn't so tight it won't be as apt to break either. I have a couple thousand plays on the replacement drop target shield and even though it is so flimsy it is holding up fine.

#6705 1 year ago

I too would like an option to reduce the pleasance callouts. The quality of the recordings is poor and they're too frequent and too repetitive, the insistence on collecting blood just gets tiring to listen to over and over.

#6706 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I've been "driving" cars and etc since I was 4. Bigwheels, bicycles, little motorized vehicles. He may be lacking the rules of the road knowledge, but I think knowing how to start and step on the gas would have easily been gleaned from the Dad or watching Mom, as well as movies/tv. I know all my boys knew of such things as of 5 or 6yrs old.

Automatic transmission. Would have been more impressive if it had been a stick.

Can you imagine him constantly stalling out while trying to get away?

That's why he was so stabby.

RM

#6707 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s something that’s unbelievable (and silly) about Halloween. How does Michael know how to drive a car if he’s been in an asylum since he was 6 years old?

Maybe he doesn't, it's not like they showed him sitting at stop lights and using his blinker.

#6708 1 year ago

Can someone tell me the scoop that someone used in the game to help with rejects? I tried searching for "scoop" in the halloween thread and got nothing.

#6709 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Automatic transmission. Would have been more impressive if it had been a stick.
Can you imagine him constantly stalling out while trying to get away?
That's why he was so stabby.
RM

Drove a challenger stick for years; hell, 1/2 the cars I’ve owned have been stick. But auto is SOOOOO much better in traffic and acceleration in general. Especially with a tuner.

#6710 1 year ago

Fair point haha

Quoted from finnflash:

Maybe he doesn't, it's not like they showed him sitting at stop lights and using his blinker.

#6711 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Can someone tell me the scoop that someone used in the game to help with rejects? I tried searching for "scoop" in the halloween thread and got nothing.

Its a part Marco carries, but has been backordered forever. Forgot the part # but its on Marco’s site, if you search ‘ball scoop’ or ‘ball deflector’.

#6712 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Now that made me laugh.

#6713 1 year ago

Can we please get a setting so we can turn off the constant mike movement for every ramp. It's so damn annoying. I don't have a creep problem and it completely ruins the surprise and excitement of getting the hedge multi ball shots because they just come out every damn ramp shot. It's nuts.

#6714 1 year ago

Ultra man's callouts sound like they're from a 20-something year old bro-skie, so they're just as bad. The balance is really bad too. Music and licensed audio is crazy good though. I wish they'd hire pro voice actors like Stern always does. Otherwise, the games sound cheap. With all their new money, maybe we can get a redo.

#6715 1 year ago

Anybody have an issue where the upper playfield drop target goes down after one hit but doesn’t pop back up? Normally when I hit the drop target Laurie takes damage and and then it pops right back up. Now I hit it once, it drops, it stays red and Laurie doesn’t take damage. Any thoughts?

It does go back up on a new ball.

#6716 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Can we please get a setting so we can turn off the constant mike movement for every ramp. It's so damn annoying. I don't have a creep problem and it completely ruins the surprise and excitement of getting the hedge multi ball shots because they just come out every damn ramp shot. It's nuts.

Agree 100%! Not to mention there's only one Mike Meyers. It's so dumb seeing 3 pop out at once. This was a very bad idea.

#6717 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Agree 100%! Not to mention there's only one Mike Meyers. It's so dumb seeing 3 pop out at once. This was a very bad idea.

Doesn’t bother me or my wife and kids.

#6718 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

In a way, yes. Because for me part of the fun of the new game experience is talking about the game with other enthusiasts on pinside.

You really need to get off pinside if your influenced that much. No matter how much someone hates on steak, I will not start to dislike or hate steak. Kinda weak sauce if you ask me.

#6719 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Doesn’t bother me or my wife and kids.

Ok. Thanks for chiming in.

To me it's rediculous seeing a singular character pop out of 3 places at once. And the mechs are so overly-used now that it negates their intended purpose.

@ Team Spooky
If this is your best fix idea, please make it an optional setting.

#6720 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Even $$$ from me it doesnt stay that way w future code drops ( guessing, but cant imagine )

#6721 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You really need to get off pinside if your influenced that much. No matter how much someone hates on steak, I will not start to dislike or hate steak. Kinda weak sauce if you ask me.

I think you are reading too much into this. I am saying that I think people should be able to share their thoughts/opinions/concerns/issues without getting multiple downvotes from the same person and having to defend themselves within 5 minutes of posting. Whatever, moving on.

#6722 1 year ago

And I think people should spend some time on the game and wait for the code to develop before trashing the thing. Sue me.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I think you are reading too much into this. I am saying that I think people should be able to share their thoughts/opinions/concerns/issues without getting multiple downvotes from the same person and having to defend themselves within 5 minutes of posting. Whatever, moving on.

#6723 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Defend themselves from what? Don’t matter. I’ve seen others get constant downvotes and can see it’s the same Nellies over and over stalking.
Just share and move on. Not like we’re having a public shouting match. Some folks are passive aggressive, others more the latter.

#6724 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Before the latest code when new people play the game they were just shooting for the hedge shots to get a glimpse at Mike now you can just spam the ramp and see him all day. Just ruins the experience for me tbh. I get why they did it I just want an option to turn it off.

#6725 1 year ago

Please Spooky - release some more code to put this club thread back on track.

#6726 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Anybody have an issue where the upper playfield drop target goes down after one hit but doesn’t pop back up? Normally when I hit the drop target Laurie takes damage and and then it pops right back up. Now I hit it once, it drops, it stays red and Laurie doesn’t take damage. Any thoughts?
It does go back up on a new ball.

Throw the game into Switch Test and pop that target up and down - does it register in both positions as active/inactive?

RM

#6727 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Throw the game into Switch Test and pop that target up and down - does it register in both positions as active/inactive?
RM

How do I pop the target up while in switch test mode? I popped it up in the coil settings and then manually popped it down with my finger while in switch test and nothing registered. I did the same with the center drop targets and they all registered so the switch isn’t registering when the drop target is going down?

Any idea what type of switch this is and how to fix?

#6728 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

How do I pop the target up while in switch test mode? I popped it up in the coil settings and then manually popped it down with my finger while in switch test and nothing registered. I did the same with the center drop targets and they all registered so the switch isn’t registering when the drop target is going down?
Any idea what type of switch this is and how to fix?

OK, you'll have to take the balls out and raise the playfield up so you can access the underside of that area.

You can see the bottom of that drop target when the playfield is in the full upright position and leaning against the backbox.

That target has a plastic flange that passes between a U-shaped opto switch in (I think) the down position.

I had the problem in my UM where it would not register when the flange was supposed to be breaking the infrared opto beam because the translucent plastic was allowing the beam to pass through instead of blocking it. I had to paint the flange black. That may be your issue, or something else may be not working with that opto switch.

RussM

#6729 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, you'll have to take the balls out and raise the playfield up so you can access the underside of that area.
You can see the bottom of that drop target when the playfield is in the full upright position and leaning against the backbox.
That target has a plastic flange that passes between a U-shaped opto switch in (I think) the down position.
I had the problem in my UM where it would not register when the flange was supposed to be breaking the infrared opto beam because the translucent plastic was allowing the beam to pass through instead of blocking it. I had to paint the flange black. That may be your issue, or something else may be not working with that opto switch.
RussM

Thanks for the tips. The strange thing is that it has worked up until this point. Was yours working previously and then stopped?

#6730 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Thanks for the tips. The strange thing is that it has worked up until this point. Was yours working previously and then stopped?

Mine never worked AFAICT.

You can also check the function of the U opto by passing a black piece of paper through it.

RM

#6731 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Mine never worked AFAICT.
You can also check the function of the U opto by passing a black piece of paper through it.
RM

Got it. I hope my issue is as easy as that. I’ll test it with paper later today and paint as needed.

#6732 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

So I just unpacked and played my new Halloween CE tonight for the first time.
First the positives;
I think it is the best playing, best designed Spooky yet.
And the negative;
...with the worst audio/ sound design of ANY pinball machine made in the past 20+ years.
Upon hearing the fake Donald Pleasance voice the first time, I actually thought it was a computer generated, old Apple computer or a Speak n' Spell, boot up screen "joke".
When I realized it wasn't a joke.....
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
It is simply atrocious.
I think this game has the worst voice acting I have heard in any form of entertainment in the past 20+ years. (And that is including bad Japanese voice overs in old video games.)
It completely and utterly destroys the entire game for me.
You have one of the best horror soundtracks of all time playing, minimal (as in lacking) sound fx and this unbelievably, bad voice actor absolutely dominating the audio saying the worst delivered call outs ever conceived in pinball history...it's just beyond belief how bad it is...
I looked in the menus for any way to turn the voices off, but can not find any way.
Please, please, please tell me there is a way to get rid of this voice, the game is unplayable to me with it on.
It makes me want to slit my own throat every time I hear it.
How on earth did Spooky think this voice is even remotely acceptable?
For this single reason alone, I definitely would not recommend the game, as it entirely kills any sort of atmosphere (and enjoyment) the rest of the assets try to create. I hated playing it by the second game.
I'm utterly shocked by this as Spooky has amazing audio in ACNC, R&M, TNA and...
...I also got an Ultraman which is 1000% better due to the audio complementing the experience, instead of completely destroying it.
If you are thinking of which game to get, there is simply no contest; Ultraman.

Is Jason Voorhees your real name?

#6733 1 year ago

Jason Vorhees doesn’t talk, this guy on the other hand…

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Is Jason Voorhees your real name?

#6734 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Opto testing - no paper required.

Just break the opto beam with your finger. Or anything.

The ball isn’t black paper and that generally works ok.

rd

Updated - small optos, obviously use something smaller than your finger. Like a small screwdriver.

#6735 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Opto testing - no paper required.
Just break the beam with your finger. Or anything.
The ball isn’t black paper and that generally works ok.
rd

Buddy, we're not talking about a pair of optos registering across a ball lane.

If you can fit your finger in the tiny slot of the U opto in the spooky drop target switch PCB, you are about 3 inches tall.

RM

#6736 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Buddy, we're not talking about a pair of optos registering across a ball lane.
If you can fit your finger in the tiny slot of the U opto in the spooky drop target switch PCB, you are about 3 inches tall.
RM

Use a small screwdriver.

My point was you don’t need black paper to test optos.

No need for newbies to be scurrying down to the stationary store and buying a sheet of black paper.

rd

#6737 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Use a small screwdriver.
My point was you don’t need black paper to test optos.
No need for newbies to be scurrying down to the stationary store and buying a sheet of black paper.
rd

Ah man… I spent an hour in Michael’s - do you know how many different types of black paper there is???

#6738 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Ah man… I spent an hour in Michael’s - do you know how many different types of black paper there is???

Should have used 40# Alpha-cellulose grain-long bond in Dark Midnight.

RM

#6739 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Exactly!

The plus side - now you can make some neat craft projects out of it instead.

rd

#6740 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Comedy gold. Awesome.

#6741 1 year ago

I have installed the house mod looks great in the game. It was a little difficult to get it installed because of the location of the power plug and the bridge.

20220618_205525 (resized).jpg20220618_205525 (resized).jpg
#6742 1 year ago

You guys are too funny, but a huge help. The drop targets have like a rubber covering to block the opto when active, looks like mine fell off!

5FFFD5DC-5658-4416-95B0-13B8110B2F92 (resized).jpeg5FFFD5DC-5658-4416-95B0-13B8110B2F92 (resized).jpeg
#6743 1 year ago

My Father’s Day present is Killer!

7976205F-C37C-47BA-A980-82EA7084ADC3 (resized).jpeg7976205F-C37C-47BA-A980-82EA7084ADC3 (resized).jpeg
#6744 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ultra man's callouts sound like they're from a 20-something year old bro-skie, so they're just as bad. The balance is really bad too. Music and licensed audio is crazy good though. I wish they'd hire pro voice actors like Stern always does. Otherwise, the games sound cheap. With all their new money, maybe we can get a redo.

Not sure how ‘pro’ the voice actors are on my JP, that thing has terrible call outs. ‘Why would nedry DO this?’

#6745 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Before the latest code when new people play the game they were just shooting for the hedge shots to get a glimpse at Mike now you can just spam the ramp and see him all day. Just ruins the experience for me tbh. I get why they did it I just want an option to turn it off.

I haven't been able to play lately just Waiting on my pin but I don't want to see Mike popping out constantly either..

#6746 1 year ago

I dont mind the 3 mikes on the hedge but yeah, i get it.
Could be implemented better. I dont mind the voice acting myself. I couldnt do any better.
But scary terry...thats a whole 'nother thing.
Too much knitpicking going on about a toy. Expensive toy, but i guess people are bored and need something to talk about? Except the 'who is more of a horror buff stuff' give me a break lol

Keep on flippin folks

Oh and this pin still rocks!

Bug I still need my Sanitarium sign Dont make me come get it.

#6747 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Please email Spooky and ask for that.
I called and spoke with AJ (for a separate issue, but I mentioned the shaker) and he said it's something which would need to be coded and it didn't seem to be high on the priority list. I asked that he pass my request along; the more people who ask the better!

I did the very same thing weeks ago when talking with AJ. I said less shaker and more boobs!

#6748 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Not sure how ‘pro’ the voice actors are on my JP, that thing has terrible call outs. ‘Why would nedry DO this?’

Well I think the Michael Myers voices are spot on.

#6749 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And unlike movies today, what happened in Halloween and the way it played out was actually something possible in real life.

And it was the first real slasher movie showing a stalker that could not be killed,

I have no interest in the bickering, but reading "actually something possible in real life" and "a stalker that could not be killed" in the same post cracks me up

#6750 1 year ago

People over last night. Halloween for the win.
Halloween and stranger things stand out in my 4 pin collection when people come over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 210.00
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/135?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.