Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 340.
#551 2 years ago

Eagerly awaiting shipping notification on mine. It will likely be a close call if I get it before Halloween or not. Invoice paid 10/18 for #79

#552 2 years ago

Due to lack of muscle help, have to leave Halloween CE 58 in the van tonight, take it to work with me tomorrow, and then unload and setup tomorrow. Maybe better for sleeping tonight, as I might stay up too late playing if it were set up tonight.

#553 2 years ago

Heard the game bricked during the final wizard mode !!!

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm alive lol! We have been hard at it! Another killer Halloween code update coming soon with some things you have ALL been asking for!
We have nearly doubled the size of our crew. Couldn't be happier either as we have added many very good people to the team! We have settled into a daily rhythm finishing games. I believe we have tracked down and solved dozens of early issues and made improvements.
The new building specifically for final assembly and finish work has really helped. The crew are really loving having their own organized and well set up areas and plenty of room.
We will sit around 25 a week until Christmas and then bump up once again. I feel confident we will reach 40 games a week at our best quality to date next spring. We are feeling really good about our ability to deliver a great game to all of you.
Can't wait to keep adding content for another year to come! Bug will be doing some more videos to go with our code updates! Hope you guys are enjoying the game so far!

Thanks Luke. Only pinball company in the world to respond with an update the day requested. Long live spooky!

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm alive lol! We have been hard at it! Another killer Halloween code update coming soon with some things you have ALL been asking for!
We have nearly doubled the size of our crew. Couldn't be happier either as we have added many very good people to the team! We have settled into a daily rhythm finishing games. I believe we have tracked down and solved dozens of early issues and made improvements.
The new building specifically for final assembly and finish work has really helped. The crew are really loving having their own organized and well set up areas and plenty of room.
We will sit around 25 a week until Christmas and then bump up once again. I feel confident we will reach 40 games a week at our best quality to date next spring. We are feeling really good about our ability to deliver a great game to all of you.
Can't wait to keep adding content for another year to come! Bug will be doing some more videos to go with our code updates! Hope you guys are enjoying the game so far!

Echo the appreciation for great communication!!!! Certain you are taking care w the build, as the passion is very evident to this Pinsider. Michael will have a good home here!!!! Thank you!!!

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Heard the game bricked during the final wizard mode !!!

Not exactly. The first time it rebooted when he was almost there, doing (I think) the last pre-wizard mode objective. The second time he was IN the wizard mode, but the flippers on the upper PF were turned off so he couldn't make a required shot. When he manually did it, glass off, the magnet stuck on holding the ball. So he aborted rather than have something bad happen to the machine. It's all on the stream at the twitch link I posted. Karl left it up.

#557 2 years ago

Still early code…wait. For. It…He’s coming home. But, the glitches are welcome. This makes the game code better.

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Still early code…wait. For. It…He’s coming home. But, the glitches are welcome. This makes the game code better.

Little chance of it bricking on me regardless in final wizard mode….I have no delusions of my Pinball skill. My passion for the game and hobby are very strong….actual skills?…well…not so much ( some of these streamers just blow my mind)

#559 2 years ago

Well won’t see #481 probably not till spring. Oh well. Hopefully knife handle shooter rods will be installed by then lol

#560 2 years ago

Wizard mode is on the agenda ASAP! I think you guys are going to love it.

#561 2 years ago

Can’t wait, my grandson might be able to play by the time I get mine

397186A4-0FCF-4949-9D6D-ECA5BAEA748F (resized).jpeg397186A4-0FCF-4949-9D6D-ECA5BAEA748F (resized).jpeg
#562 2 years ago

Michael is home. I'm officially an owner. Can't wait to play all day.

20211026_135107 (resized).jpg20211026_135107 (resized).jpg20211026_135121 (resized).jpg20211026_135121 (resized).jpg
#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My delivery got delayed from Monday to Thursday..Sad....I have Tales from the Crypt to..lol

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the game room. Shame to have that sweet side are be hidden though for Halloween.

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My delivery got delayed from Monday to Thursday..Sad....I have Tales from the Crypt to..lol

I love Tales from the Crypt, especially with colordmd. That chainsaw bonus is awesome..

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Love the game room. Shame to have that sweet side are be hidden though for Halloween.

Yea. Side art is beautiful. Plus butter cab...At least Freddy and TFTC get to look at it....lol..

#567 2 years ago

Only found 3 issues so far. 2 were easy fixes. Wires got ripped off the pumpkin during shipping. They had it protected with foam, but something else needs added to support it from twisting during shipping. Second issue was one of the orange plastic pop anchors on the topper fell out. I was lucky to find it buried in the box. Spooky should include a few of these in their goodie bags. Third is I keep getting a stuck ball in sanitarium
that is supposed to drop into the shooter lane. Rubbers are too close. I haven't figured this one out yet.Game plays great so far. Biggest surprise are the sounds. One of the better games I've played when it comes to music/effects. Game play is great so far. I suck and still need to learn rules. I'm impressed how fast it is. I don't know why I was expecting a slow game. I also find myself draining because I watch to watch the animations. Hope rest of you don't have any issues!

20211026_144949 (resized).jpg20211026_144949 (resized).jpg
#568 2 years ago

Adding a picture of where I keep getting ball stuck.

20211026_155926 (resized).jpg20211026_155926 (resized).jpg
#569 2 years ago

Mine did that too. Take the plastic off and stretch the rubber. Easy fix.

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

[quoted image]

Hmm well the rubber was broken on my UM in that spot when it arrived. I only had a clear Titan band laying around which was the next size smaller that I stretched onto the posts. Might try that as it might allow a little clearance.

20211015_151152 (resized).jpg20211015_151152 (resized).jpg
#571 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

I love Tales from the Crypt, especially with colordmd. That chainsaw bonus is awesome..

Eaxctly..Chad code 4.0 and color dmd in mine.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Mine did that too. Take the plastic off and stretch the rubber. Easy fix.

Thanks. Will do!

#573 2 years ago

Finally got hands on Halloween at Ayce Gogi in Van Nuys, CA and I must say, I had my doubts after reading all the criticism in these threads and seeing all the bugs in Karl's stream over the weekend. But I was blown away with just how much fun I had on this game. Hands down Spooky's best shooter IMO. Loved the flow, callouts, sounds (except the excessive knife sounds). All the subways slow things down just a bit too much for my taste, but otherwise I can't wait to see how code develops over the next year.

IMG_4463 (resized).jpegIMG_4463 (resized).jpeg
#574 2 years ago

That rubber has been fighting me left and right! Just needs a small stretch sometimes and it will work.

Also want to note we are aware it is a little bug heavy right now. We have been adding content rapidly and I do plan to spend a few weeks just bug hunting and fixing after this next big update! No worries!

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That rubber has been fighting me left and right! Just needs a small stretch sometimes and it will work.
Also want to note we are aware it is a little bug heavy right now. We have been adding content rapidly and I do plan to spend a few weeks just bug hunting and fixing after this next big update! No worries!

Thanks Luke! Great game!

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Karl was saying the knife motor on the topper is super-loud. Have you guys tried a 360 degree continuous motion servo instead? Should be a lot quieter and be similar or less cost...

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Only found 3 issues so far. 2 were easy fixes. Wires got ripped off the pumpkin during shipping. They had it protected with foam, but something else needs added to support it from twisting during shipping. Second issue was one of the orange plastic pop anchors on the topper fell out. I was lucky to find it buried in the box. Spooky should include a few of these in their goodie bags. Third is I keep getting a stuck ball in sanitarium
that is supposed to drop into the shooter lane. Rubbers are too close. I haven't figured this one out yet.Game plays great so far. Biggest surprise are the sounds. One of the better games I've played when it comes to music/effects. Game play is great so far. I suck and still need to learn rules. I'm impressed how fast it is. I don't know why I was expecting a slow game. I also find myself draining because I watch to watch the animations. Hope rest of you don't have any issues!
[quoted image]

I don’t like how they have the giant socket underneath the pumpkin. It would look much nicer if the hardware was hidden inside. When I get my machine this is something I am going to try and clean up.

#579 2 years ago

This happened a few times on the game I was on last night. Anyone else experience this?

IMG_4466 (resized).jpegIMG_4466 (resized).jpeg
#580 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

This happened a few times on the game I was on last night. Anyone else experience this?
[quoted image]

Spooky needs to mount those brackets back a little further … or bevel the sides on more of an angle so the ball will slide off.

rd

#581 2 years ago

Do I need to place this extra mylar now, or is it for future use?

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Looks like the same issue from Rick and Morty they didn't address for these new pins...

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I just had the same issue after I replaced the broken rubber. Do you guys sell a thinner one for that location? I did stretch mine and it works now, but I'm afraid over time it'll either slip back or break because of how much you have to stretch it so the ball can make it through.

#584 2 years ago

Need to put a nail in the outlane corner like classic Sterns

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I just had the same issue after I replaced the broken rubber. Do you guys sell a thinner one for that location? I did stretch mine and it works now, but I'm afraid over time it'll either slip back or break because of how much you have to stretch it so the ball can make it through.

Maybe try changing out this for a rollover lane post? That way you could still have the rubber for bounce, but the diameter would be small enough to let the ball get in.

BALL-fix (resized).jpgBALL-fix (resized).jpg

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

On Rick & Morty, I added a nylon spacer and a longer screw where the apron attaches to the front of the playfield to push this area forward a bit. Not sure if it would work the same for you on Halloween but it just cost me a few cents at a local Ace Hardware.

#587 2 years ago

Can you loosen the screws, push the posts to widen the gap, then tighten the screws back down? There's usually a hair of play there. Good suggestion by pinmonk too, regarding changing the post type.

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

[quoted image]

#12. Never been stuck here…other places, but not here. If you can, move the post 1 mm or put a fatter rubber. Should sort it.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe try changing out this for a rollover lane post? That way you could still have the rubber for bounce, but the diameter would be small enough to let the ball get in.
[quoted image]

I didn't want to go with a narrow post only because there would be a large visible ring under it with no playfield art. I do wonder if I could loosen the post and slide it over though like spooky_dj suggested.

#590 2 years ago

.... because there would be a large visible ring under it with no playfield art.

Playability vs looks

#591 2 years ago

I've also never had a ball stuck there on my Ultraman. It must be super close. I would try what Dylan suggests; listen the screw and see if there is a little play.

#592 2 years ago

...there would be a large visible ring under it with no playfield art. I do wonder if I could loosen the post and slide it over though like spooky_dj suggested.

You could place a small black washer (starpost size, like those that were provided to JJP POTC owners) on the bottom of the suggested post.

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I've also never had a ball stuck there on my Ultraman. It must be super close. I would try what Dylan suggests; listen the screw and see if there is a little play.

Just looking at the photo - is this a metal post with a rubber base around it, then the ring on top of that? (Data East style?)

If so, could you just remove that top ring? Bottom rubber should protect the ball well enough … would probably provide an extra few mm of clearance.

rd

3EE03BE7-A1CB-469C-8C8C-1FE43A60A1BE (resized).jpeg3EE03BE7-A1CB-469C-8C8C-1FE43A60A1BE (resized).jpeg
#594 2 years ago

Has anyone added an external sub to there's? If yes what did you use? Im considering adding it as I have it on my sterns. MY ce just got delivered.

#595 2 years ago

#88 received Invoice

(500 shipping charge to AZ)

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Has anyone added an external sub to there's? If yes what did you use? Im considering adding it as I have it on my sterns. MY ce just got delivered.

Yes I would like to know too, I have a spare way on my pinovators sub splitter. The Servo 15 sub is waiting for Sanitarium!

#597 2 years ago

If you decide to change the one post out I would do both outer posts, or the new angle would change the dynamics of the bounce back and drain easier off the PF.

#598 2 years ago

Has anyone dared load Ultraman code onto their Halloween or vice versa? Also, is this kind of talk ok?

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Has anyone dared load Ultraman code onto their Halloween or vice versa? Also, is this kind of talk ok?

I haven’t and don’t know anyone that has. My guess is, if you do it and it bricks the game, there won’t be any support for you from Spooky…but that’s just my guess.

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I haven’t and don’t know anyone that has. My guess is, if you do it and it bricks the game, there won’t be any support for you from Spooky…but that’s just my guess.

They've explicitly said they're not going to support this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/12?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.