HWN Opto (resized).jpg
62896F28-B44D-4161-ACB8-FFEE09FB3654 (resized).jpeg
7C498D38-F46D-40C2-8DA6-39C95EE505C5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220812_211535 (resized).jpg
rz (resized).png
59f04839ec89e7a6e563e1f428c7724d8dcdbfc2 (resized).jpg
hwnfingerprints (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,059 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 162.
#6251 84 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Has anyone started a Tilt Forums Halloween rule sheet?

I love mine dude. I need to update code. Maybe tonight.

#6252 83 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I love mine dude. I need to update code. Maybe tonight.

excitedly awaiting new code!

#6253 83 days ago

If this game need ONE THING….

Saved progression for the health meters in House mode.

I pray thee.

This is a REAL SLOG otherwise.

It really is an absolute must IMO and I also believe that this is the SOLE reason that people claim that this game is “not fun”

( IT IS FUN! )

But honestly, it’s not super fun to grind out House, fail. Restart from zero, grind it out again, get timed out. Restart from zero, grind it out, tilt etc etc. Its so maddening that I found myself obsessing over it and not playing any of the other modes. It kinda creates a black hole in the game.

If saved progression makes qualifying House Attack too easy then just make the second pass require more spins to kill MM.

Please god let this be in a future update.

Otherwise, the rest of the game is a MEGA BLAST. Loving it!!!

The modes are fantastic and I have the most fun when I’m playing to complete those instead of grinding house ad nauseam. Let ‘house attack’ be something you can progress through over the course of three balls. That is the way, and the light. Thanks for reading!

#6254 83 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I pray thee.
That is a REAL SLOG.
This is an absolute must and this is the SOLE reason that people say this game is not fun ( IT IS FUN! )
But honestly, it’s not fun to grind out House, fail. Restart from zero, grind it out again, get timed out. Restart from zero, grind it out, tilt etc etc. Its so maddening that I found myself obsessing over it and not playing any of the rest of the game just trying to master the upper deck shots. It creates a black hole in the game.
If saved progression makes qualifying House Attack too easy then just make the second go around more spins.
Otherwise, the rest of the game is a BLAST. Loving it!!!
The modes are fantastic and I have the most fun playing to complete those instead of grinding house ad nauseam. Let ‘house attack’ be something you can progress through over the course of three balls. That is the way, and the light. Thanks for reading!

No doubt what you'll be doing all Memorial Day weekend! Halloweeinin' I bet! Don't forget to come up for air once in awhile...

#6255 83 days ago

Wait,...you like IT?!?!

#6256 83 days ago

Yes haha I wouldn’t have bought it otherwise, but the game could be greatly improved with this one small adjustment. I think it’s critical.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait,...you like IT?!?!

#6257 83 days ago

You just need more practice on the upper playfield.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I pray thee.
This is a REAL SLOG otherwise.
It really is an absolute must IMO and I also believe that this is the SOLE reason that people claim that this game is “not fun”
( IT IS FUN! )
But honestly, it’s not super fun to grind out House, fail. Restart from zero, grind it out again, get timed out. Restart from zero, grind it out, tilt etc etc. Its so maddening that I found myself obsessing over it and not playing any of the other mode just trying to like hell to time trial the house shots. It kinda creates a black hole in the game.
If saved progression makes qualifying House Attack too easy then just make the second pass require more spins to kill MM.
Otherwise, the rest of the game is a MEGA BLAST. Loving it!!!
The modes are fantastic and I have the most fun when I’m playing to complete those instead of grinding house ad nauseam. Let ‘house attack’ be something you can progress through over the course of three balls. That is the way, and the light. Thanks for reading!

#6258 83 days ago

A technician friend, and some of the spooky crew, helped me resolve my wizard mode issue. I'm very appreciative of Spooky for the help! Thank you! The wizard mode is as advertised. Wow!

#6259 83 days ago

Could be the case but I still think it would make the overall gameplay better to have saved progress in Michael’s health as well as subway timer pause. I can’t imagine that these won’t be implemented in the future as it seems kind of obvious.

I also think qualifying shots to light house should be paused while you are in another mode. Otherwise you are just lighting House over and over and it takes AV precedence over the other active modes.

Also…the ‘10 seconds’ ‘5 seconds callout are better utilized in house mode as its counting down. That’s the REAL hurry up haha. The blood target countdown should be blood drop on the screen with a counter inside. Basically you always have blood running so hearing the callout over and over is a bit pointless as it’s definitely not as important as the other aspects of the game.

Quoted from monitorpop:

You just need more practice on the upper playfield.

#6260 83 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Could be the case but I still think it would make the overall gameplay better to have saved progress in Michael’s health.

I would settle for a subway timer pause.

#6261 83 days ago

Halloween beeps blowing the middle fuse on the left row of fuses . 3v Solenoid switch . Spooky unusually slow to respond . Don’t see any bad wires . Any suggestions ?

[Removed]

#6262 83 days ago

Try replacing with a slightly higher amperage fuse. If that blows, Call em!

Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Halloween beeps blowing the middle fuse on the left row of fuses . 3v Solenoid switch . Spooky unusually slow to respond . Don’t see any bad wires . Any suggestions ?

#6263 83 days ago

Amazing. You need imitation torches on the outside.

#6264 83 days ago

My favorite Bonus with the Halloween machine are the great protective blankets that came with it. You get three of them, and I use them all the time to make sure I don’t damage my cars when moving things.

60438F67-6385-4268-A136-9D3B63B7B2EF (resized).jpeg
#6265 83 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. For me, house is the easiest mode to finish. That 127M game I finished house ASAP but struggled to get the other two main mode SJPs. I can usually finish house every game, no change needed here IMHO. Once you learn the buttpretzel it's not too hard.

Quoted from Oaken:

I would settle for a subway timer pause.

Yeah that'd be cool. For all timers, not just house.

#6266 83 days ago

[quoted image]

Switch to a 5a slow blow fuse.

#6267 83 days ago

Maybe I just need to wax it or make some switch adjustment. It takes me about three super hard butt pretzel loops to almost kill MM. Is that normal?

Quoted from metallik:

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. For me, house is the easiest mode to finish. That 127M game I finished house ASAP but struggled to get the other two main mode SJPs. I can usually finish house every game, no change needed here IMHO. Once you learn the buttpretzel it's not too hard.

Yeah that'd be cool. For all timers, not just house.

#6268 83 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Maybe I just need to wax it or make some switch adjustment. It takes me about three super hard butt pretzel loops to almost kill MM. Is that normal?

My machine seems to take 7ish individual spinner rips, or 4-5 pretzels. I’ll have to check the spinner switches

#6269 83 days ago

And you can get all of those including the ramp shot in 60 seconds regularly? I’ve done it 3 times in 45 games and I’m a good player.

Quoted from Pinash:

My machine seems to take 7ish individual spinner rips, or 4-5 pretzels. I’ll have to check the spinner switches

#6270 83 days ago

Yeah. As an earlier poster stated, this is the easiest mode to complete. Maybe you should give the game some play time even though you are good at pinball.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And you can get all of those including the ramp shot in 60 seconds regularly? I’ve done it 3 times in 45 games and I’m a good player.

#6271 83 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If I'm not mistaken, the timer only counts down when you are not on the upper PF. When you are up there, you have unlimited time. I could be wrong as Im not looking at the screen when playing but that's about observation my wife made. She said it didn't count down as long as I am up there. And I know I have been in house mode a lot longer than 60 seconds before.

#6273 83 days ago

Interesting, pretty sure my timer runs from mode start to finish regardless of where the ball is.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

If I'm not mistaken, the timer only counts down when you are not on the upper PF. When you are up there, you have unlimited time. I could be wrong as Im not looking at the screen when playing but that's about observation my wife made. She said it didn't count down as long as I am up there. And I know I have been in house mode a lot longer than 60 seconds before.

#6278 83 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You'll learn to recover and control the upper playfield, to the point you'll finish it in one or two trips most games. Don't worry about hitting the DT, it takes lots of hits to die (I've not gotten her killed yet). Control to trap, then rip the spinners again.

#6279 83 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

You'll learn to recover and control the upper playfield, to the point you'll finish it in one or two trips most games. Don't worry about hitting the DT, it takes lots of hits to die (I've not gotten her killed yet). Control to trap, then rip the spinners again.

And when you hit the targets on the sanitarium playfield you get health back.

#6281 83 days ago

In the club.
So far everything seems good. I guess I need to update code? The only thing I notice is that the knife topper motor is a tad loud but not horrible. Is this normal guys?

Unknown (resized).jpeg
#6282 83 days ago

Mines kinda loud as well. Probably normal.

Quoted from coasterguy:

In the club.
So far everything seems good. I guess I need to update code? The only thing I notice is that the knife topper motor is a tad loud but not horrible. Is this normal guys?
[quoted image]

#6285 83 days ago

Finally mustered up the ambition to move the Spooky row down to make room for Halloween. Next Spooky game i gotta move these all to a new wall lol.

6AAAD863-375E-402D-B183-13D9E3EF9260 (resized).jpegE93906D8-712A-456D-866A-8166C37028F6 (resized).jpeg
#6286 83 days ago

Dang, you win the Superfan award!

Quoted from Completist:

Finally mustered up the ambition to move the Spooky row down to make room for Halloween. Next Spooky game i gotta move these all to a new wall lol.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#6287 83 days ago

Holy crap! I was having the game of a lifetime and then the Sanitarium flipper seized up. I thought it was part of some awesome coding, but then smoke started to spill out from the middle PF!!! Killed power ASAP (there goes my high score) and flipped the PF up. The coil is completely seized up and was hot enough to burn skin. The blue coil wrapper is visually burnt (albeit slightly). Yikes! Now I have a $10,000 paper weight and my pin room smells like burn plastic/electronics.

#6288 83 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

I killed her once just to see what would happen

I've made a few adjustments to my upper playfield, but I'd say 1 of out 5 times the ball will take an odd bounce going in there and immediately drain to the sanitarium before I can even get a flipper on it.

#6289 82 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Holy crap! I was having the game of a lifetime and then the Sanitarium flipper seized up. I thought it was part of some awesome coding, but then smoke started to spill out from the middle PF!!! Killed power ASAP (there goes my high score) and flipped the PF up. The coil is completely seized up and was hot enough to burn skin. The blue coil wrapper is visually burnt (albeit slightly). Yikes! Now I have a $10,000 paper weight and my pin room smells like burn plastic/electronics.

Serious short somewhere.

#6290 82 days ago

That’s what happens on mine 9/10 times…if it rolls slowly past the left spinner that’s it. Slow crawl to the drain. Also, one good buttpretzle hardly ever brings the ball back to the flipper. Any suggestions on how to better set this playfield up would be great.

Quoted from KSP1138:

I killed her once just to see what would happen
I've made a few adjustments to my upper playfield, but I'd say 1 of out 5 times the ball will take an odd bounce going in there and immediately drain to the sanitarium before I can even get a flipper on it.

#6291 82 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Serious short somewhere.

Label started to burn. I wonder why no fuse popped? It’s a bummer this happens on the long weekend, but I’m sure spooky will help me out on Tuesday. The game is very fun, but with issues like this I am less thrilled about the purchase.

23930D69-6747-4604-9A1A-F0A1079932D3 (resized).jpeg
#6292 82 days ago

Well I thought I updated the code correctly. Now I have a dead game
Anyone?
Just some white blinking text in The upper left of the monitor.
No lights no nothing.
I’m sure it’s my fault. I’m not a windows guy. I thought I did it right. Thought.

#6293 82 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s what happens on mine 9/10 times…if it rolls slowly past the left spinner that’s it. Slow crawl to the drain. Also, one good buttpretzle hardly ever brings the ball back to the flipper. Any suggestions on how to better set this playfield up would be great.

Look at the Topic Index. Post 2369 has a video of how to make tweaks.

#6294 82 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

In the club.
[quoted image]

I see you got one. Loving #372!

#6295 82 days ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

I see you got one. Loving #372!

I told you I would. At some point.

#6296 82 days ago

Man I’m sorry that happened on a long weekend. I guess it kind of a crap shoot with what can go wrong in the wild world of pinball.

Quoted from Pinash:

Label started to burn. I wonder why no fuse popped? It’s a bummer this happens on the long weekend, but I’m sure spooky will help me out on Tuesday. The game is very fun, but with issues like this I am less thrilled about the purchase.[quoted image]

#6297 82 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That coil definitely locked on. Can you get the plunger out of the coil? The coil sleeve will be toast also.

#6298 82 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Label started to burn. I wonder why no fuse popped? It’s a bummer this happens on the long weekend, but I’m sure spooky will help me out on Tuesday. The game is very fun, but with issues like this I am less thrilled about the purchase.[quoted image]

Can you get the plunger out of the coil? The coil sleeve and coil unfortunately will be shot. There has to be a short somewhere. Usual causes are an old coil that fails (not your case), coil wired wrong (would have happened when immediately turned on the first time), or an issue on the driver board with a bad transitor.

Is there a diode on spooky coils? I don’t remember if my HWN has them.

#6299 82 days ago

Graduation weekend. Tons of people over, Halloween is a huge hit. Very happy with the game so far.

The light board under the Sanitarium has now broken for the third time, though. The ball launched into the shooter lane somehow jumps and snaps the connection. Sigh. I’ll have to readjust the board so it’s not sitting in the ball’s path.

#6300 82 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Can you get the plunger out of the coil? The coil sleeve and coil unfortunately will be shot. There has to be a short somewhere. Usual causes are an old coil that fails (not your case), coil wired wrong (would have happened when immediately turned on the first time), or an issue on the driver board with a bad transitor.
Is there a diode on spooky coils? I don’t remember if my HWN has them.

Coil and plunger are out of the game, but I was unable to separate by hand. Tomorrow I'll look for the right sized sockets and see if I can press it out. The spooky coils have diodes, which I will remove tomorrow to measure coil resistance (just incase). My intuition tells me its a failed mosfet, but I do not know my way around the surface mounted components on the pinotaur board (man I sure do miss the fat metal tabbed transistors on the older boards). I'll wait for spooky to tell me what to check, but hopefully they can send me a new board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
500 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Lake Zurich, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
750 (OBO)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Benton, WI
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Parkland , FL
There are 8,059 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!