20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 339.
#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's really cool getting her involved and it looks like she does great work. Kudos to her
I am on the list for the house mod and am looking forward to getting it
Got my sidewalk sticker installed and it was interesting finding the best way to apply and trim. I ended up cutting up a peice of scratch paper to replicate ramp the best I could then trimming sticker to match.

Thank you. I am very proud of her. I scrapped my sidewalk sticker unfortunately. I don’t mind though, the metal ramps look really nice.

#6152 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got the email from Kingpin that my CE #724 is three weeks out. Has Spooky said anything else about the powder coating issue? Hoping they have figured out a solution, don't really want to clear coat parts right out of the box.

I followed up with Spooky last week and they told me they feel they have a fix but they gave no indication as to how soon that fix will be implemented.

#6153 1 year ago

CE-680 was told this past Thursday if I wanted Butter, and parts are being assembled, Morgan never asked for any $ tho. I ordered extra Butter!!! Ha, Praying this game is as good as Rick and Morty, I absolutely adore and think my Rick and Morty is one of the greatest pinball machines ever made. Yes it needed work to get it to shoot phenomenal, MRS switches everywhere was the answer, the speed of my Rick and Morty is incredible!! Love Spooky flippers, Love Spooky Pinball!!!! TNA also coming soon extra butter!!! The knocker integration that Spooky does is pure Genius, almost as good as a lower pop bumper instead of a normal sling. Waiting for Spooky to use 2-pops instead of slings on a future game!! I can only imagine how epic it would be!!!

#6154 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

CE-680 was told this past Thursday if I wanted Butter, and parts are being assembled, Morgan never asked for any $ tho. I ordered extra Butter!!! Ha, Praying this game is as good as Rick and Morty, I absolutely adore and think my Rick and Morty is one of the greatest pinball machines ever made. Yes it needed work to get it to shoot phenomenal, MRS switches everywhere was the answer, the speed of my Rick and Morty is incredible!! Love Spooky flippers, Love Spooky Pinball!!!! TNA also coming soon extra butter!!! The knocker integration that Spooky does is pure Genius, almost as good as a lower pop bumper instead of a normal sling. Waiting for Spooky to use 2-pops instead of slings on a future game!! I can only imagine how epic it would be!!!

I’m loving my Halloween CE. I hope you do as well.

#6155 1 year ago

Weird. I have had white and red lights only for the topper and the speakers for the 2 weeks I have owned this. 2 code updates and nothing changed in them. Today I turn my machine on and bam, now the correct orange. I know it is weird but I’ll take it. Haha

9D396A22-01DF-428B-935C-A3B7A361D65E (resized).jpeg9D396A22-01DF-428B-935C-A3B7A361D65E (resized).jpeg
#6156 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I followed up with Spooky last week and they told me they feel they have a fix but they gave no indication as to how soon that fix will be implemented.

It’s most likely getting a better powder coater. No fix for us who already have our pins other than 2k clear coat. After a few weeks mine is holding up nicely.

#6157 1 year ago

So I obviously missed flipper day at school but what activates the upper upper playfield flipper.Tweaked the leaf switches but it seems to be powered only under certain conditions.

#6158 1 year ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

So I obviously missed flipper day at school but what activates the upper upper playfield flipper.Tweaked the leaf switches but it seems to be powered only under certain conditions.

Bingo. It’s only activated during some specific times….like House Mode.

#6159 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s most likely getting a better powder coater. No fix for us who already have our pins other than 2k clear coat. After a few weeks mine is holding up nicely.

what is the issue requiring 2k? My powder coat seems really nice…

#6160 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Quite a few machines have been affected by crappy powder coating.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/110#post-6904056

#6161 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The issue is it looks nice until it doesn't. It's rubbing off in short order for many owners. Unclear how many have been affected.

#6162 1 year ago

Realistically what precautions do I need to take to administer the 2K clear? I bought a can, but I don't have professional protective gear, and I've seen several people on here talking about how corrosive this stuff is.

I want to protect the powder coat, but not at the expense of my eyes/lungs. So...recognizing that any gear I need to buy will likely be one-use-only, what do I need to do this safely?

#6163 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Realistically what precautions do I need to take to administer the 2K clear? I bought a can, but I don't have professional protective gear, and I've seen several people on here talking about how corrosive this stuff is.
I want to protect the powder coat, but not at the expense of my eyes/lungs. So...recognizing that any gear I need to buy will likely be one-use-only, what do I need to do this safely?

I’d only do it outside in an open area, with long sleeves/pants, gloves, goggles, and a respirator (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SMCLKPL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9VKHYJZ1N63917ATQ5BY)

#6164 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I’d only do it outside in an open area, with long sleeves/pants, gloves, goggles, and a respirator (amazon.com link »)

I did it in shorts and short sleeves, but did wear gloves and a respirator. I had zero irritation on my skin from the 2k, although, it is always better to be covered. But definitely spray it outdoors and wear a respirator. I sprayed it on the side of my house and when I went to the garage and took the respirator off a couple minutes later, it was still very potent. I can only imagine how strong the fumes are while spraying it.

On a side note, make sure you read the directions on the 2K and pop the button on the bottom of the can before you use it to mix the 2 stage products. I missed that and sprayed my first coat without activating it. I realized my mistake after the first coat was still wet and then applied the 2nd coat immediately which got the 2nd stage mixed in. Everything worked out well and dried very nicely. I think I put a total of about 4 coats on total. I used the entire can since once you activate it, it only has a 36-48 hour shelf life. No point saving any in the can.

#6165 1 year ago

#690 is on a truck heading my way just one business day after paying my invoice! Can’t wait to dig into this game! Anyone have info on the size of the box and width of head? Want to make sure it fits through my doorways haha

#6166 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I did it in shorts and short sleeves, but did wear gloves and a respirator. I had zero irritation on my skin from the 2k, although, it is always better to be covered. But definitely spray it outdoors and wear a respirator. I sprayed it on the side of my house and when I went to the garage and took the respirator off a couple minutes later, it was still very potent. I can only imagine how strong the fumes are while spraying it.
On a side note, make sure you read the directions on the 2K and pop the button on the bottom of the can before you use it to mix the 2 stage products. I missed that and sprayed my first coat without activating it. I realized my mistake after the first coat was still wet and then applied the 2nd coat immediately which got the 2nd stage mixed in. Everything worked out well and dried very nicely. I think I put a total of about 4 coats on total. I used the entire can since once you activate it, it only has a 36-48 hour shelf life. No point saving any in the can.

The danger with 2k is it contains cyanide (isocyanates) so recommended is really an air fed breathing apparatus not just a filter. Causes asthma in a lot of body shop workers I guess…

#6167 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The danger with 2k is it contains cyanide (isocyanates) so recommended is really an air fed breathing apparatus not just a filter. Causes asthma in a lot of body shop workers I guess…

Cyanide? Like in a bad guy's tooth capsule? Come on, Spooky. Get this sorted. We've got Pinsiders breathing in Cyanide.

#6168 1 year ago

My powder coat fix.

My local powder coater said for 50 he would spray with a clear coat or for 150 he would strip the 4 pieces down and re powder coat.

So 150 it is for the lock down bar, both side armor rails, and the shooter rod plate.

Couldn't be happier.

#6169 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

My powder coat fix.
My local powder coater said for 50 he would spray with a clear coat or for 150 he would strip the 4 pieces down and re powder coat.
So 150 it is for the lock down bar, both side armor rails, and the shooter rod plate.
Couldn't be happier.

This is my plan. Mine isn’t showing anywhere but if it ever does I’ll just get it recoated locally.

#6170 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

My powder coat fix.
Couldn't be happier.

I wonder how difficult it is to match the gold-vein coating on the existing pieces.

#6171 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I wonder how difficult it is to match the gold-vein coating on the existing pieces.

I think somebody found that it’s a standard color. If that’s the case, shouldn’t be hard to match class enough.

#6172 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I think somebody found that it’s a standard color. If that’s the case, shouldn’t be hard to match class enough.

I think that it is this color. It is called Grecian Gold/Vein EVS-1512
5BFE051D-3B4D-41C1-B3F5-C6E0E94D35DA (resized).jpeg5BFE051D-3B4D-41C1-B3F5-C6E0E94D35DA (resized).jpeg

#6173 1 year ago

The problem is the the power is reacting to oils on the skin. The manufacturer knows this and recommends a clear powder top coat. This one:

C62A51C0-02AB-4FBB-B019-BDA453F7ECB7 (resized).jpegC62A51C0-02AB-4FBB-B019-BDA453F7ECB7 (resized).jpeg
#6174 1 year ago

Here is the rub. The clear powder is more expensive than the base color. I think the problem goes away if you follow the OEM recommendation. The problem is nobody factored in that into the build cost. It is way cheaper to clear coat spray them but that has not fixed the problem yet.

#6175 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Appreciate the support! Co-op request noted.

Update:

I had some friends come over this past weekend and play Halloween, some for the first time and others who had recently played it at the pinball festivals.

I purposely turned the volume up louder than my other games so people could actually hear what was going on (Which worked like a charm).

Everyone was amazed by the artwork and agreed it was a great game, even my friend who initially bashed it and trolled me about owning the game left saying it grew on him and he wanted one.

All in all, it was a good time, I even hit the shot (For the first time) that showed Lynda’s bOOb’s, and these dudes went ballistic and cheered(Great Bro moment lol)

Everyone agreed that the game should have a Co-op option which would make it more enjoyable(I’m looking at you Spooky Luke and Bug : ) No pressure Lol.

#6176 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

All in all, it was a good time, I even hit the shot (For the first time) that showed Lynda’s bOOb’s, and these dudes went ballistic and cheered(Great Bro moment lol)

Speaking of this classic scene, did it get cropped more then usual in recent updates? Now we are at a quick nipple glance instead of seeing the boys in full view lol.

#6177 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Speaking of this classic scene, did it get cropped more then usual in recent updates? Now we are at a quick nipple glance instead of seeing the boys in full view lol.

Don't even know, I was trying not to drain like I did during my first attempt

#6178 1 year ago

Really? That's weak.

#6179 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Don't even know, I was trying not to drain like I did during my first attempt

Actually just watched the original scene and nope it wasn't cropped at all, it's that way in the original film. Must have had her confused with another murder scene somewhere in a different film.

#6180 1 year ago

While I haven't seen it since the most recent update, did you remember to re-enable Adult Mode?

Jeff

#6181 1 year ago

Actually just watched the original scene and nope it wasn't cropped at all, it's that way in the original film. Must have had her confused with another murder scene somewhere in a different film.

The “escape the kitchen mode” is brilliant. One of my favorites for sure!! The blue lighting, the music, and Bob being lifted up by Michael are superb!!

#6182 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

While I haven't seen it since the most recent update, did you remember to re-enable Adult Mode?
Jeff

Yep it's on, I might have been confusing this with one of the friday the 13th scenes (age does this). I just searched out the scene and it is as the video plays in the pinball machine.

#6183 1 year ago

Can someone tell me how to properly secure this topper blade or post a photo so I can see it? I have these attachments but I'm not sure of the proper placement. (Tried to look it up but couldn't find the directions).

Much appreciated.

0A15B4D5-736C-49CE-A117-080338361522 (resized).jpeg0A15B4D5-736C-49CE-A117-080338361522 (resized).jpeg
#6184 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Can someone tell me how to properly secure this topper blade or post a photo so I can see it? I have these attachments but I'm not sure of the proper placement. (Tried to look it up but couldn't find the directions).
Much appreciated.
[quoted image]

Slide knife into slot in top of backbox and slide the black disc onto the topper shaft and tighten to the flat spot on the topper shaft using a .050 Allen wrench. The other parts shown are just backups for playfield items.

#6185 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Slide knife into slot in top of backbox and slide the black disc onto the topper shaft and tighten to the flat spot on the topper shaft using a .050 Allen wrench. The other parts shown are just backups for playfield items.

Hey thanks, just needed to tighten it with the axel wrench.

#6186 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#690 is on a truck heading my way just one business day after paying my invoice! Can’t wait to dig into this game! Anyone have info on the size of the box and width of head? Want to make sure it fits through my doorways haha

Width of head is 29”. If you need any other measurements just let me know.

#6187 1 year ago

Didn’t have the energy to move 5 pins to put Halloween in the correct spot in the Spooky row (kinda anal bout chronological order alignment lol). But i did get it moved down to the game room and on its feet.

Played one game to see if there were any obvious issues. Nothing i could find so still batting 1000 with my Spooky’s it seems. Wait, i did not confirm if the nut on the coin door was tight AF yet

So i obviously cannot rate gameplay on three relatively short balls. But i can say its a beautiful pin. I can also say that i’m a fan of the inlane lifters. I didn’t expect those to tie into the theme so well even knowing it was going to happen. And the knife along the shooter lane - rather the mirror effect. that is also well done. Just the “wtf was that” out of the corner of my eye when the ball was reflected in it. Intentional or not it kinda adds to that jump-scare-esque vibe haha.

I have purposely not watch any gameplay video yet which means i have no clue what i’m doing. I will catch up with that soon but the first gameplay is all part of my unboxing experience.

72E91FF5-2679-467B-93E5-5A64080FE970 (resized).jpeg72E91FF5-2679-467B-93E5-5A64080FE970 (resized).jpeg88975C72-CBB5-4B4E-A4D3-1E74643D2987 (resized).jpeg88975C72-CBB5-4B4E-A4D3-1E74643D2987 (resized).jpeg
#6188 1 year ago

I was going crazy trying to figure out what targets to shoot in sanitarium mode when I finally watched a video and realized my sanitarium lights don’t light (nothing from 114 up light during light test including lower 32 playfield leds). Quick sanity check… these should be working right?

#6189 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I was going crazy trying to figure out what targets to shoot in sanitarium mode when I finally watched a video and realized my sanitarium lights don’t light (nothing from 114 up light during light test including lower 32 playfield leds). Quick sanity check… these should be working right?

Ughhh, I think I just answered my own question looks like the header got pulled off the board traces and all during install…

95820669-84D4-4775-8444-79A6B63A2FB6 (resized).jpeg95820669-84D4-4775-8444-79A6B63A2FB6 (resized).jpeg
#6190 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Thanks for that Allen size. My blade fell off and I thought it was missing the set screw but it’s just really tiny

#6191 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Didn’t have the energy to move 5 pins to put Halloween in the correct spot in the Spooky row (kinda anal bout chronological order alignment lol). But i did get it moved down to the game room and on its feet.
Played one game to see if there were any obvious issues. Nothing i could find so still batting 1000 with my Spooky’s it seems. Wait, i did not confirm if the nut on the coin door was tight AF yet
So i obviously cannot rate gameplay on three relatively short balls. But i can say its a beautiful pin. I can also say that i’m a fan of the inlane lifters. I didn’t expect those to tie into the theme so well even knowing it was going to happen. And the knife along the shooter lane - rather the mirror effect. that is also well done. Just the “wtf was that” out of the corner of my eye when the ball was reflected in it. Intentional or not it kinda adds to that jump-scare-esque vibe haha.
I have purposely not watch any gameplay video yet which means i have no clue what i’m doing. I will catch up with that soon but the first gameplay is all part of my unboxing experience. [quoted image][quoted image]

Those lifters are great with this theme, the ball can really sneak up on you. The orbits etc are similar, so smooth and quiet the ball surprises you a lot.

#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Those lifters are great with this theme, the ball can really sneak up on you. The orbits etc are similar, so smooth and quiet the ball surprises you a lot.

Maybe add a difficulty option where the lifter hold time is randomized to really mess with you?

#6193 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

That’s over kill. Unless your using it everyday, being outside or in a well ventilated area you are fine. Don’t spread disinformation on something you are ignorant on.

2k does not say you need a air fed breathing apparatus. Majority of people are not working in a body shop spraying clear coat everyday in a body shop in a sealed room. Hence why directions say wear a respirator and spray in a well ventilated area.

#6194 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Thanks for that Allen size. My blade fell off and I thought it was missing the set screw but it’s just really tiny

Grab some loctite to keep the knife in place. Mine kept falling off a lot. I put some on and over a week now it’s staying on. It would fall off every couple days depending on how much we played.

#6195 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s over kill. Unless your using it everyday, being outside or in a well ventilated area you are fine. Don’t spread disinformation on something you are ignorant on.
2k does not say you need a air fed breathing apparatus. Majority of people are not working in a body shop spraying clear coat everyday in a body shop in a sealed room. Hence why directions say wear a respirator and spray in a well ventilated area.

It is probably overkill for someone doing a small job outside but it wasn’t really disinformation: https://www.hse.gov.uk/mvr/bodyshop/myths/myth3.htm

I do realize they are talking about body shops and I said so. I thought about going farther to say “outside with an infrequent small job you probably don’t have to worry much” but I figure thats more of a judgement call that you can make when you have the facts. I had bought 2k with plans to clear coat a cabinet outside with a respirator, but now my lungs are pretty screwed up so I probably won’t chance it (covid not isocyanates, lol)

The main take away is this isn’t normal spray paint, understand what your working with and be careful.

#6196 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Ughhh, I think I just answered my own question looks like the header got pulled off the board traces and all during install…[quoted image]

That is exactly what was wrong with Aurium's when he got his. He had been playing like that for a week or more. There is a spare in the coinbox but it is a bit of a job to replace it. I did use this opportunity to reposition the LED pcb so that the harness was not so impacted by the limited spacing above the stainless ballguide/rail.

#6197 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That is exactly what was wrong with Aurium's when he got his. He had been playing like that for a week or more. There is a spare in the coinbox but it is a bit of a job to replace it. I did use this opportunity to reposition the LED pcb so that the harness was not so impacted by the limited spacing above the stainless ballguide/rail.

Oh! Really glad you said that. From the side I though it was a much bigger board, I didn’t realize that was what came in the coin box… now to get to it might be a nightmare. Any tips on how to get to it?

#6198 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Oh! Really glad you said that. From the side I though it was a much bigger board, I didn’t realize that was what came in the coin box… now to get to it might be a nightmare. Any tips on how to get to it?

I had to do this as well. Easiest to loosen the sanitarium playfield and tilt it back once loose.

#6199 1 year ago

Is the Smith's Grove Sanitarium Warren County sign that’s on the fence of the lower playfield supposed to be on the front facing fence or side facing? Is there supposed to be a sign on both fences? One fence has a gate, the other one does not. Thanks!

#6200 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hey thanks, just needed to tighten it with the axel wrench.

I would get some loctite. Mine got loose every couple of days and would fall off. With a 0.05” allen ket it’s really hard to get a good amount of torque on it to tighten it down. So far after 5 days it’s still on and not fallen off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/124?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.