IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 339.
#6101 1 year ago

During the start of Sanitarium I have quite a bit of shaking/rattling/vibration noise that seems to come from the backbox or maybe where the glass meets the backbox, but I have no idea, does anyone else have this issue and the source?
Thanks

#6102 1 year ago

When I play the boogeyman wizard mode is something supposed to happen after I hit the last yellow target and hit the ball over the bridge? Nothing happens for me. It just sits there with the ball on the drop ramp. I did it three times and nothing happened. So I took the glass off and did it. Nothing happened. I put the machine in switch test and the optos register as the ball comes across the bridge. I put the game in normal mode and it plays fine. I can get to the house and start the multiball without issue.

#6103 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBallinOnBudge:

505 here with similar invoice timing, was told butter cabinets are back ordered by the disty.
Anyone have more info on when butter cabinets are expected?

Curious to know if Spooky will share the final sales detail on how many versions sold and how many had butter. Looks like a ton of us ordered butter which is amazing to me considering the cost.

#6104 1 year ago

Who ever got the house mod with pumpkin vine my daughter can paint them for $75, that includes return shipping in the continental USA.

8403E2C7-480C-4E99-A30D-FDCD4CC78D99 (resized).jpeg8403E2C7-480C-4E99-A30D-FDCD4CC78D99 (resized).jpegA3372928-A985-43AB-BCB4-F037E4D65FA1 (resized).jpegA3372928-A985-43AB-BCB4-F037E4D65FA1 (resized).jpeg6A9040DA-5631-4393-8AF4-D5EB4511CA9B (resized).jpeg6A9040DA-5631-4393-8AF4-D5EB4511CA9B (resized).jpegED0946F2-DA7B-4ECD-BAD9-142BEDC671ED (resized).jpegED0946F2-DA7B-4ECD-BAD9-142BEDC671ED (resized).jpegBFE065FA-6916-4BCA-A8BB-B724BB657234 (resized).jpegBFE065FA-6916-4BCA-A8BB-B724BB657234 (resized).jpeg231140FA-BF4D-4903-A977-8FC40120AECA (resized).jpeg231140FA-BF4D-4903-A977-8FC40120AECA (resized).jpegA52CB1D5-A358-42D8-A71A-11E8577320C8 (resized).jpegA52CB1D5-A358-42D8-A71A-11E8577320C8 (resized).jpeg
#6105 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Who ever got the house mod with pumpkin vine my daughter can paint them for $75, that includes return shipping in the continental USA.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work, they look great!

#6106 1 year ago

The beginning of Sanitarium is some of the deepest bass in the game so it is likely the internal subwoofer rattling the shit out of the glass. Anti-rattle tape should mostly solve it. Turning down the internal sub and connecting an external sub fully solves it and makes everything sound better. (see my earlier post for instructions)

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

During the start of Sanitarium I have quite a bit of shaking/rattling/vibration noise that seems to come from the backbox or maybe where the glass meets the backbox, but I have no idea, does anyone else have this issue and the source?
Thanks

#6107 1 year ago

#413 I have had problems from the beginning with the pumpkin not lighting, AJ sent replacement pumpkin and that one not working also. They are now sending replacement large red board. Meanwhile the topper stopped working and I tore the side art on left side 1 1/2" and slightly crunched on right when play field was lift up somehow. I'm not a pinball technician and never had any problems with others purchased new. Most likely will have to add Pinstadium to hide side art damage. Anyone recommend what is the best Pinstadium choice. Also would love to sell this for $9k taking a loss.

#6108 1 year ago

You should not own pinball machines if you’re unwilling to learn how to maintain/ troubleshoot them. I have had issues with every single pinball machine I’ve ever owned NIB or otherwise. In fact i just spent about three hours tracing a bad ground connection on Deadpool. Had to go in and reflow all the joints on the ground daisy because whoever did it in the factory was an ass clown. Anyway, There is A LOT in this game. More STUFF more problems. That’s the nature of the pinball. It’s wonderful and it sucks depending on the day.

Check the solder joints on the topper motor and reflow if necessary. Trace the wires into the harness and make sure nothing has become disconnected. Do the same with the Pumpkin.

Quoted from Randyc:

#413 I have had problems from the beginning with the pumpkin not lighting, AJ sent replacement pumpkin and that one not working also. They are now sending replacement large red board. Meanwhile the topper stopped working and I tore the side art on left side 1 1/2" and slightly crunched on right when play field was lift up somehow. I'm not a pinball technician and never had any problems with others purchased new. Most likely will have to add Pinstadium to hide side art damage. Anyone recommend what is the best Pinstadium choice. Also would love to sell this for $9k taking a loss.

#6109 1 year ago

Hang in there.

Side art can be replaced. Get your machine up and running and you will forget all about your frustrations.

I am fully confident that Spooky will not leave you hanging. They want to see you playing your new pinball and loving it as much or more than you do.

#6110 1 year ago
Quoted from Randyc:

Most likely will have to add Pinstadium to hide side art damage.

Uhh....whhhhhhhhat?!

#6111 1 year ago

#690 non butter invoice paid! Now…how long till it shows up on my door step? Any estimates?

#6112 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#690 non butter invoice paid! Now…how long till it shows up on my door step? Any estimates?

Mine was ready to go exactly 2 weeks from invoice date (paid it same day). Then 2 day transit to my location.

#6113 1 year ago

too bad the pumpkin does not spin around. one side smiley face , the other side evil face...

#6114 1 year ago

One day till the pinside top 100 recalculates! Still time to get in an honest review of the game at current code. HWN is sitting at 69…which is noice! but I think it deserves better personally.

#6115 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Nice work, they look great!

Thank you. She does amazing work.

#6116 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

my daughter can paint them for $75

That's really cool getting her involved and it looks like she does great work. Kudos to her

I am on the list for the house mod and am looking forward to getting it

Got my sidewalk sticker installed and it was interesting finding the best way to apply and trim. I ended up cutting up a peice of scratch paper to replicate ramp the best I could then trimming sticker to match.

#6117 1 year ago

What’s the sidewalk sticker? Don’t think I’ve seen that yet. Got a pic?

Quoted from pinmister:

That's really cool getting her involved and it looks like she does great work. Kudos to her
Got my sidewalk sticker installed and it was interesting finding the best way to apply and trim. I ended up cutting up a peice of scratch paper to replicate ramp the best I could then trimming sticker to match.

#6118 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

One day till the pinside top 100 recalculates! Still time to get in an honest review of the game at current code. HWN is sitting at 69…which is noice! but I think it deserves better personally.

I agree with you that Halloween should be ranked higher.

Unfortunately, you are always going to have some pinsiders who like to rate the game a 5 to bring it down in the ratings, https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/halloween-collectors-edition/ratings?filter_sort=date-desc&filter_show=all&filter_owners=none&filter_bogus=0&filter_query=#ratingcomments. Conveniently, they leave no explanation for their poor review.

#6119 1 year ago
Quoted from Randyc:#413 I have had problems from the beginning with the pumpkin not lighting, AJ sent replacement pumpkin and that one not working also. They are now sending replacement large red board. Meanwhile the topper stopped working and I tore the side art on left side 1 1/2" and slightly crunched on right when play field was lift up somehow. I'm not a pinball technician and never had any problems with others purchased new. Most likely will have to add Pinstadium to hide side art damage. Anyone recommend what is the best Pinstadium choice. Also would love to sell this for $9k taking a loss.

Just buy some new side art decals from Spooky. The old ones should peel off cleanly. A fairly inexpensive lesson. And be a little more careful next time when lifting the playfield. Lower it slowly and keep it parallel. I've done it a thousand times with no issues.

#6120 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

Unfortunately, you are always going to have some pinsiders who like to rate the game a 5 to bring it down in the ratings, https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/halloween-collectors-edition/ratings?filter_sort=date-desc&filter_show=all&filter_owners=none&filter_bogus=0&filter_query=#ratingcomments. Conveniently, they leave no explanation for their poor review.

Same thing happened with Multimorphic’s Heist game - that is a great game with classic rules. It hit the Top 100 at #2 I think, and the following week there were a ton of low-rating cowardly reviews by people who clearly had never played the game.

#6121 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What’s the sidewalk sticker?

For left ramp leading up to house and ties in with upper art as well

The right ramp does not seem to get scratched up much? But the left ramp really gets scratched up quick. I ordered the two piece set for lower and upper ramp-they look good.

Sidewalk sticker pic (resized).jpgSidewalk sticker pic (resized).jpg
#6122 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I ended up cutting up a peice of scratch paper to replicate ramp the best I could then trimming sticker to match.

I also just cut the bottom backing off by an inch or so at bottom of sticker-centered sticker at lower end of ramp then go upwards taking backing off while pressing out air bubbles.

#6123 1 year ago

3 weeks for me

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#6124 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What’s the sidewalk sticker? Don’t think I’ve seen that yet. Got a pic?

I am pretty sure Bug cleared yours on Thursday so I would expect it to be in a box early next week!

#6125 1 year ago

Siiiiiiiick!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I am pretty sure Bug cleared yours on Thursday so I would expect it to be in a box early next week!

#6126 1 year ago

How are we up to around #700 now? Is it just me or wasn't it around #400 just a month or so ago? When are BSE's expected to go into production?

#6127 1 year ago

That’s why I suggested leaving an honest review. The backlash seems to always happen after a series BS “this is the greatest game ever 10.00” type reviews

Quoted from pinballmike150:

#6128 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s why I suggested leaving an honest review. The backlash seems to always happen after a series BS “this is the greatest game ever 10.00” type reviews

I rated it pretty honestly and it gave a 7.6. I figured that would be too 100 worthy, but Yikes! I didn't realize how inflated the pinside ratings have become. It looks like the Top 100 are all 7.8 and above.

#6129 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If I left my honest review right now, the game would get high marks for artwork, playfield layout and theme, good marks for audio/video (which is great but needs normalization and cleanup), but meh ratings for code/gameplay. There's still too many bugs, too much simplicity and not enough content to rate highly at this point, and my current rating wouldn't move it upward at all.

Consider, in R&M, one could combine four different features:

- One of 10 adventures
- Gromflomite multiball
- Meeseeks Mania
- One of 30+ dimensions

This allows for tons of setups, many of which can be pretty lucrative scoring. In Halloween, we can combine only two things:

- One of 3 main modes
- One of 6 pumpkin modes

HWN plays too much like an early 90s game right now, it needs more features to stay interesting. I'd like to see the new wiz mode but haven't had any real desire to play since that 127M game a few days ago... I know my next game will play out pretty much like the last one.. there's no different strategy to learn or different stacks to try to get.

I wish I could transmogrify my HWN into a Rush for 6 months, pick it back up when there's more code...

#6130 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I rated it pretty honestly and it gave a 7.6. I figured that would be too 100 worthy, but Yikes! I didn't realize how inflated the pinside ratings have become. It looks like the Top 100 are all 7.8 and above.

With all the latest releases in the last few years I think the time has come for additional top100SS and top100new-age spin off tabs. Similar to the top100EM tab pinside already has. 3 different eras that can't really be compared to each other rating wise IMO.

#6131 1 year ago

I’m surprised I haven’t seen a mod for this yet so now I’m just going to ask for it as I’m not creative at all.

This house “art” doesn’t tie in at all with the game. It’s straight out of a children’s book. I mean giant candle sticks? I’m waiting for Amelia Bedelia to walk in.

Any thoughts on mods? Take my money haha

4B339B64-03AC-4374-A42A-FFF598D138E9 (resized).jpeg4B339B64-03AC-4374-A42A-FFF598D138E9 (resized).jpeg

#6132 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Fawzma is sitting across the table from me coding the autoplunge in right now! We'll likely throw a 1.07A up in the near future here with a couple fixes and this feature as well. As far as the game restart at the start button goes, this was implemented in a previous code update so it should be there for you. At the start of a new ball hold the start button for about 5 to 7 seconds and it'll reset to ball 1. In the patch we do, we will put this as an option in the menu.

Weird, I’m on 1.06 and this reset doesn’t work for me…

#6133 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Weird, I’m on 1.06 and this reset doesn’t work for me…

Nevermind, updated to 1.07 and now it works. Nice option for newbs like myself.

#6134 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m surprised I haven’t seen a mod for this yet so now I’m just going to ask for it as I’m not creative at all.
This house “art” doesn’t tie in at all with the game. It’s straight out of a children’s book. I mean giant candle sticks? I’m waiting for Amelia Bedelia to walk in.
Any thoughts on mods? Take my money haha
[quoted image]

Actually it's eerily similar.....
I was considering changing my led lights in that area to warm white as it seems more fitting than cool white for that era/scene

Screenshot_20220521-143052_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-143052_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201518_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201518_YouTube (resized).jpg
#6135 1 year ago

With a lot of help from folks on this thread, I finally have my game playing well. I'm starting to really enjoy it! The new code is great. My Boogeyman mode still doesn't work so I'm going to reload it.

#6136 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

How are we up to around #700 now? Is it just me or wasn't it around #400 just a month or so ago? When are BSE's expected to go into production?

We really do make 40 a week handily. Boards just had us back logged. About 200 games piled up but as soon as we got boards we immediately started building 40 a week again and slowly cleared out the additional 200 pile up at the same time. So boom 400 games flew out pretty quick! We get this supply chain mastered over the next couple years I think you guys will be really happy with our production!

#6137 1 year ago

My wife and I will not write a review until we receive the pin. We also agreed the code would get better over time and spooky would be making improvements during production of this pin.

#6138 1 year ago

Ahhh Judith Meyers….row 18 plot 20

#6139 1 year ago

Probably been said…but the Boogieman Wizard mode has one of the best uses of the knocker EVER!

#6140 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Actually it's eerily similar.....
I was considering changing my led lights in that area to warm white as it seems more fitting than cool white for that era/scene
[quoted image][quoted image]

What am I looking at in these pics? What are you Saying bc it isn’t Halloween 78 and if not what’s the point? Sorry not following

#6141 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Thank you. She is more talented in painting than I am. If you want it painted when you get it lmk. One will be sent to her to do. Definitely looks much better in person and way better than just the plain grey roof as is. She’s great at weathering it.

#6142 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife and I will not write a review until we receive the pin. We also agreed the code would get better over time and spooky would be making improvements during production of this pin.

We are waiting until we have ours before we write our review, also. #496, but opted for butter, so it may still be a couple weeks out.

#6143 1 year ago

Found a crazy little bug tonight.

Wife was playing, final ball, started hedge multiball tilted out and it locked the game up. Had to power cycle

#6144 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

What am I looking at in these pics? What are you Saying bc it isn’t Halloween 78 and if not what’s the point? Sorry not following

What I was saying was, it is Halloween 78. It's the Doyle residence, where the couch attack happened- in front of the massive candelabra. You should watch the movie again
Screenshot_20220521-201014_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201014_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201518_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-201518_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-202942_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-202942_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-202021_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220521-202021_Chrome (resized).jpg

#6145 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

What I was saying was, it is Halloween 78. It's the Doyle residence, where the couch attack happened- in front of the massive candelabra. You should watch the movie again
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok I see now. I associate that Upper with the opening scene but I now see the connection much better. Still rather it not be so colorful but it makes more sense now.

#6146 1 year ago

Got to the wizard mode earlier tonight but didn't get to the end of it. What's the timer for? I was adding time to it somehow, but I couldn't figure out what it was for. I guess I need to play it a couple times through the menu to figure it out.

#6147 1 year ago

I blew the fuse for the left flipper, left sling, trough, and shaker, and probably other stuff mid-game a few games back. The video and audio started glitching first, then the shaker locked on, then the fuse blew as I was reaching for the power switch to shut it off. I was playing house multi-ball at the time, but didn't notice anything unusual before that. I replaced the fuse with another 3 amp slow-blow and played a few games with no issues. Don't haven't any idea what would have caused it.

#6148 1 year ago

Kind of missing the ability to pause the game when selecting modes. This is when I usually take a swig, see what the dogs have been barking about for the last 30 seconds (or for that matter, my wife) or whatever. I see why people would like it, it speeds the game up, but it’s just as easy to select and go. Maybe make it as an option?

#6149 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I blew the fuse for the left flipper, left sling, trough, and shaker, and probably other stuff mid-game a few games back. The video and audio started glitching first, then the shaker locked on, then the fuse blew as I was reaching for the power switch to shut it off. I was playing house multi-ball at the time, but didn't notice anything unusual before that. I replaced the fuse with another 3 amp slow-blow and played a few games with no issues. Don't haven't any idea what would have caused it.

Way back it was mentioned that one of the 3a fuses be changed to 5a due to blowing by spooky, sounds like yours might be the same fuse but not read about the shaker locking on.

#6150 1 year ago

Got the email from Kingpin that my CE #724 is three weeks out. Has Spooky said anything else about the powder coating issue? Hoping they have figured out a solution, don't really want to clear coat parts right out of the box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 49.99
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/123?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.