IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 338.
#6051 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Fawzma is sitting across the table from me coding the autoplunge in right now! We'll likely throw a 1.07A up in the near future here with a couple fixes and this feature as well. As far as the game restart at the start button goes, this was implemented in a previous code update so it should be there for you. At the start of a new ball hold the start button for about 5 to 7 seconds and it'll reset to ball 1. In the patch we do, we will put this as an option in the menu.

Please add a feature to completely cancel the current game by holding down the flipper button and the start button. I really like that feature when non-pinball friends come over and they walk away after 2 balls...

#6052 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Things were great for a while and now ball stuck here again . Tried readjusting screws many times any other ideas ? I don’t want to damage the upper playfield by keeping poking holes . Maybe a piece of metal in between the gap to keep it separated ?
[quoted image]

Nevermind I pulled the right side hard as I could
And redid the right screw so far so good

#6053 1 year ago

Game reset is very nice...I had missed that being added.

That said, a game end feature would be even better. Stern has started to use a "hold left flipper and start button for a few seconds" to end the game completely. I think it needs to be enabled in the settings. I would love to see that become an industry standard.

Same with the backbox dimming feature. It can be 100% bright for attract mode, but set to dim as far as you want during play to eliminate reflections.

Also, knocker for extra balls, replay, and high scores. I love having my Sterns knock 5 times for a new grand champ....with the knocker volume set to low at least. Since you guys have a real knocker, let's use that baby.

#6054 1 year ago

Whoever suggested lights off and Michael breathing is a genius. That needs to be coded in to a mode. And a special mode at that. Would be a great moment that you don’t want to overuse. Similar to scared stiff

#6055 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Whoever suggested lights off and Michael breathing is a genius. That needs to be coded in to a mode. And a special mode at that. Would be a great moment that you don’t want to overuse. Similar to scared stiff

I’m sure other people have suggested it, but I had mentioned that in my mode I wrote up and posted on the last page. As a Halloween fan, it’s a must!!!

#6056 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree. Maybe even have the lighting flicker a touch.

#6057 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Things were great for a while and now ball stuck here again . Tried readjusting screws many times any other ideas ? I don’t want to damage the upper playfield by keeping poking holes . Maybe a piece of metal in between the gap to keep it separated ?
[quoted image]

Did you swap out the balls in the game with a different brand? I have noticed a couple vendors trying to pass off 1 1/8” balls as standard pinballs. They do work in most games but aren’t correct. They need to be 1 1/16”. Probably not your issue but I had to ask.

#6058 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Please add a feature to completely cancel the current game by holding down the flipper button and the start button. I really like that feature when non-pinball friends come over and they walk away after 2 balls...

I didn't even know that was a thing. What games does that work on?

#6059 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Take the piece off, use a hair dryer on hot for a few minutes to warm the plastic that you can spread it open easily, get a shot glass or a golf ball (something a little larger then the diameter of the pinball) insert it at the entrance while the plastic is warm to be manipulated and let it cool for ten minutes. It should now hold most of that gap opening and allow the pinballs to pass.

#6060 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Fawzma is sitting across the table from me coding the autoplunge in right now! We'll likely throw a 1.07A up in the near future here with a couple fixes and this feature as well. As far as the game restart at the start button goes, this was implemented in a previous code update so it should be there for you. At the start of a new ball hold the start button for about 5 to 7 seconds and it'll reset to ball 1. In the patch we do, we will put this as an option in the menu.

Thank you SpookyBug. My game hasn't been built yet (770) so I'll take your word for the restart feature. Mine will most likely be put in our upcoming arcade so I'm excited to hear I won't have to manually finish every 4 player game some overzealous 8 year old starts.

#6061 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Just voicing I'd like to see the ability to cancel running games completely as well, as we will have this on location.
The above seems like it will just restart a running game, and drop you back to ball 1 ?

Perhaps - Start button + left flipper for X seconds + on free play -> cancels all running games. (in addition to restart a game at ball 1 with just a long hold start button)..

#6062 1 year ago

Man right when I got a good game going ! I guess call me mr sticky balls

Fixed I hope. Loosening the right part of the metal tongue helped, I only hand tightened the screw. Left the left tongue alone.

6639C262-8DFF-4C73-8E39-7BA1A2233069 (resized).jpeg6639C262-8DFF-4C73-8E39-7BA1A2233069 (resized).jpeg

#6063 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

You need to Pimp Slap anyone who does that to teach them that it is not acceptable behavior!

#6064 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Whoever suggested lights off and Michael breathing is a genius. That needs to be coded in to a mode. And a special mode at that. Would be a great moment that you don’t want to overuse.

I back this 100%, brilliant idea.

#6065 1 year ago

I just updated my code and had a quick min to play a game and noticed that my michaels all move forward and back when the ball rolls down the ramp. Is that designed that way as it wasn't this way before. Not sure how I feel about that but just curious if it's intended to do so.

#6066 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just updated my code and had a quick min to play a game and noticed that my michaels all move forward and back when the ball rolls down the ramp. Is that designed that way as it wasn't this way before. Not sure how I feel about that but just curious if it's intended to do so.

Yeah mine does that too and they changed the quote from “see something you like” to something about a ghost ball . Doesn’t match up with the scene

#6067 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mine does the same when you shoot the left ramp. I much rather see them move randomly in just hedge multiball rather than every left ramp shoot. IMHO that's overuse a of cool feature.

#6068 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man right when I got a good game going ! I guess call me mr sticky balls
[quoted image]

Do you have this thing set at a 5 degree angle or something?

#6069 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Mine does the same when you shoot the left ramp. I much rather see them move randomly in just hedge multiball rather than every left ramp shoot. IMHO that's overuse a of cool feature.

Bug says in the video that it's a new feature they added. Likely to help reset them to avoid unnecessary "Michael creep".

I dunno, I kinda like it. I don't have my game yet so I can't speak for what it looks like while playing, but from the video I like a little bit of extra movement and action in the game while you're playing. My opinion may change once I get the machine however.

#6070 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Bug says in the video that it's a new feature they added. Likely to help reset them to avoid unnecessary "Michael creep".
I dunno, I kinda like it. I don't have my game yet so I can't speak for what it looks like while playing, but from the video I like a little bit of extra movement and action in the game while you're playing. My opinion may change once I get the machine however.

I like the new movement of the three Michaels too.

#6071 1 year ago

Thanks guys. I’m not sure yet but initial reaction is it’s too much. Need to play much more but 1 random at each ramp shot made might be the better choice. Would fit better movie wise too.

#6072 1 year ago

after installing the new update, my game seems to be crazy loud. Anyone else?? I can turn the volume down (say about a 4 in settings), but when certain features and callouts happen it’s speaker blowout time.

#6073 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:Man right when I got a good game going ! I guess call me mr sticky balls
Fixed I hope. Loosening the right part of the metal tongue helped, I only hand tightened the screw. Left the left tongue alone.
[quoted image]

Mine did this for a while. My solution was to remove both flaps, sand down the rough edges/burr, and then bent them slightly downward. When I put them back on, I only snugged the fasteners. Since reinstalling them I haven’t have any hang ups (~100 plays). Prior at its worst, they were getting stuck multiple times per game.

#6074 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Mine did this for a while. My solution was to remove both flaps, sand down the rough edges/burr, and then bent them slightly downward. When I put them back on, I only snugged the fasteners. Since reinstalling them I haven’t have any hang ups (~100 plays). Prior at its worst, they were getting stuck multiple times per game.

I can see snugging the post side, but what about the slingshot post side. If you only snug that as well won't it move from the rubber tension when firing over time which can start to dig into the playfield?

#6075 1 year ago

I believe that this is by design (left ramp shot) to reset the 3 michaels.
They should still behave the same way as before though for the hedge shots and multiball.

#6076 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I believe that this is by design (left ramp shot) to reset the 3 michaels.
They should still behave the same way as before though for the hedge shots and multiball.

I hope it’s not being done to reset Michaels to avoid issues b/c for someone like me, that never had any issues, now it’s changing the way the game plays for no reason. I’m a big fan of their updates thus far but I’m not sure about this three Michael peekaboo.

#6077 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hope it’s not being done to reset Michaels to avoid issues b/c for someone like me, that never had any issues, now it’s changing the way the game plays for no reason. I’m a big fan of their updates thus far but I’m not sure about this three Michael peekaboo.

I’ve never experienced the Michael creep on mine at all.

#6078 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I didn't even know that was a thing. What games does that work on?

Works on newer Sterns. Maybe the option is turned off by default, I can't remember.

#6079 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’ve never experienced the Michael creep on mine at all.

Ditto

#6080 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Someone will clarify this shortly but if it is for this reason then maybe this can be an optional setting for those interested.

Update: I've just played maybe 6 games this morning with the new code and I don't like the constant 3 Michael peek-a-boo with each left ramp shot at all. It is way too often and as someone had said, it completely normalizes the neatness of him hiding. I would love to turn this off.

The 1.06b (or maybe it was added earlier) did have some resets of the 3 Michaels but they seemed to be at specific event times like start and end of ball. They could add a reset when you activate the house etc. but I think that the current setting is way too frequent.

#6081 1 year ago

I can see snugging the post side, but what about the slingshot post side. If you only snug that as well won't it move from the rubber tension when firing over time which can start to dig into the playfield?

I would tighten enough so they don’t move, but not much more. Sanding off the burrs will make the flaps return to position easier, so it’s the combo of everything that works in my opinion.

#6082 1 year ago

With the new update, the “start” button no longer starts modes, just pushing both flippers does, anybody else?

#6083 1 year ago

Huh, I didn't remember start button starting modes

#6084 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh, I didn't remember start button starting modes

Yea, I didn’t realize that pushing both flipper buttons did either, until I saw it on the screen.

And for what’s it worth, I also vote for the option to disable the Michaels popping out as the ball goes down the rail. Kind of takes the cool novelty away when they’re moving all of the time. I had the Michael jitters but not the gradual creep that others have reported.

#6085 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Yea, I didn’t realize that pushing both flipper buttons did either, until I saw it on the screen

That is a common way of picking things in pinball, never heard of using the start button

#6086 1 year ago

Got the email for #690!!! They must really be cooking over there. What’s the general turnaround from butter email to shipment?

#6087 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

New code - tilted ball 3 & stuck on bonus screen no game end, all balls in trough
Hard reboot needed
[quoted image]
Happened again...but ibsee you caught it

Looks like your game is like mine. The topper and speakers don’t light orange….just the flashing white and red lights?

#6088 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Looks like your game is like mine. The topper and speakers don’t light orange….just the flashing white and red lights?

Yup

#6089 1 year ago

Any clue how to fix it?

#6090 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Any clue how to fix it?

They know aboot it and will fix in next update

#6091 1 year ago

Ok thanks!

#6092 1 year ago

Loaded 1.07 tonight and had a pretty good game. Finished all the pumpkin modes (except Stalker but it won't let you replay that one) .. afterward the pumpkin just stays lit but nothing awarded, hopefully the pumpkin wizard mode comes along this summer. I couldn't get a hedge or sanitarium SJP for the life of me, so didn't get to see the new wizard mode that was just added... gonna get there legit before enabling in settings.

It'd be nice to get to replay house after getting its SJP, maybe just require a lot of center ramps, or finishing a pumpkin mode or something before re-enabling?

Code seems to be coming together well, new hurryups are nice. One thing: freeing the judith captive ball seemed to lock me out of starting a pumpkin mode... it'd be nice to be able to start one so we can actually use that extra ball we accidentally doinked out. Maybe do the auto-start next lit mode thing? Or let the player select while juggling the other ball...

Had a bug where I shot pumpkin to restart hedge, but instead got a 2nd ball back into normal gameplay. I shot pumpkin early in restart timer so don't think it was a race condition with timer expiry... Other restarts in that and other games all worked fine.

One other thing to add: some lighting effect with the center ladder to indicate which main mode(s) you've gotten the SJP. I had the ladder lit solid, but only scored house SJP. No way to tell from the lamps I still needed sanitarium and hedge.

hwn (resized).pnghwn (resized).png

#6093 1 year ago

#539 was delivered yesterday! Luckily there was no shipping damage. We only got to play a few games last night but love the game. After only playing a few games at the Allentown shows we can’t believe how much better it is in a home environment where the lights can be turned out and you can hear the call outs.
As you can see in the pics Sam from Trick R Treat and Uncle Gilbert are watching the unboxing and setup!

43EE170F-CFFD-436C-BCD1-F8CC6BF6EB62 (resized).jpeg43EE170F-CFFD-436C-BCD1-F8CC6BF6EB62 (resized).jpeg6FCA4660-5A59-4259-B455-04E607276EB3 (resized).jpeg6FCA4660-5A59-4259-B455-04E607276EB3 (resized).jpeg8CF09E86-314E-4F65-AB97-8C6C155033FB (resized).jpeg8CF09E86-314E-4F65-AB97-8C6C155033FB (resized).jpegF6C235FE-1A65-4EF5-8B71-F7C068BCE1E1 (resized).jpegF6C235FE-1A65-4EF5-8B71-F7C068BCE1E1 (resized).jpeg
#6094 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Got the email for #690!!! They must really be cooking over there. What’s the general turnaround from butter email to shipment?

I got my butter email (selected butter) 4-8, invoice received/paid 4-15. Still waiting to hear about the finished machine. #563. I am driving up there to pick it up when ready, not sure if that affected timing given all the shows they have been going to.

Edit: this timeline probably doesn’t apply to non-butter. Those seem to be cranking out quickly.

#6095 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

I got my butter email (selected butter) 4-8, invoice received/paid 4-15. Still waiting to hear about the finished machine. #563. I am driving up there to pick it up when ready, not sure if that affected timing given all the shows they have been going to.
Edit: this timeline probably doesn’t apply to non-butter. Those seem to be cranking out quickly.

505 here with similar invoice timing, was told butter cabinets are back ordered by the disty.

Anyone have more info on when butter cabinets are expected?

#6096 1 year ago

So…back to the subject of increased functionality of the Sanitarium playfield. Anyone else think (that in addition to the features I mentioned earlier) that when you are IN house mode there should be a second chance hurry up for a final shot to start the House Multi? Since it feels a bit choppy to try and crack that upper ramp, miss, drain to sanitarium over and over (as seen on Bugs most recent stream and I’m sure 99’9% will never pop that on the first shot haha)

What if there were a:

‘Back door entrance hurry up’

- After you deplete Michaels health completely and the house drop target is down. If you drain to the Sanitarium a hurry up will be lit. 5 seconds to drop the target and hit the thru shot. Might be kinda cool with a callout and special light show that gets your heart racing.

“Hurry up, there’s still time! Get to the back door!”

Maybe all the lights dim except for Sanitarium pulsing all red.

Just a thought. Might make the gameplay feel a little more open and less choppy. Maybe the score awarded for hitting the back door is less and the jackpots are slashed in mode. Kind of a risk reward thing where if you get frustrated you can cheap out and pull a sneaky.
45B2A913-9915-4078-88EE-71480D4C235E (resized).jpeg45B2A913-9915-4078-88EE-71480D4C235E (resized).jpeg

#6097 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBallinOnBudge:

505 here with similar invoice timing, was told butter cabinets are back ordered by the disty.
Anyone have more info on when butter cabinets are expected?

Heard the same thing from someone who was in the 480s… paid about a month ago and still delayed.

#6098 1 year ago

I would like to be placed on the list for the house mod by @vimtoman. I pm’d him, but haven’t heard back. Is there a better way?

#6099 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I would like to be placed on the list for the house mod by Vimtoman. I pm’d him, but haven’t heard back. Is there a better way?

Yes, go to the Halloween mod thread he started and just post in it you want to be on the list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-amp-ultraman-mod/page/7#post-6935375

#6100 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, go to the Halloween mod thread he started and just post in it you want to be on the list.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-amp-ultraman-mod/page/7#post-6935375

Thanks. He I got on the list. This is a really great mod…can’t wait!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.