IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 338.
#5951 1 year ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

i will try that... thanks.

I had the same problem, once I turned down the treble the static hissing stopped.

#5952 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! 1.07 is live for both games. I got a tutorial on youtube for everyone who wants to see.
The primary focus of this update was the wizard mode. So we decided to put an option in the game menu to select the wizard mode so every can play it! Just go to standard settings - wizard play - boogeyman. And you'll be playing it on the very next game you start! Enjoy.

Looks absolutely fantastic - superb job guys, keep it up!

#5953 1 year ago

Hey Spooky!! Love the addition of the randomized hedge Michael hurry up when you finish a mode!! Everything looks awesome, 7 ball multiball looks nuts!

#5954 1 year ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey Spooky!! Love the addition of the randomized hedge Michael hurry up when you finish a mode!! Everything looks awesome, 7 ball multiball looks nuts!

If only somebody made that suggestion at a show lol...

#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

If only somebody made that suggestion at a show lol...

I’m honored brother!!!! I love it!!!! I hope everybody else feels the same!!

#5956 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Kevin was on both the Halloween play show and the talk show. He and Nick are the main Bros. Kevin gives the game more praise than Nick does.

Well, I’ll be… lol!

#5957 1 year ago

The new code has some really great, creative stuff! Just wait until you lock that sixth ball during Boogeyman. Freaking Epic!

This game is shaping up VERY nicely. Well done Spooky family! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The new code has some really great, creative stuff! Just wait until you lock that sixth ball during Boogeyman. Freaking Epic!
This game is shaping up VERY nicely. Well done Spooky family! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

I’ll probably never get that far to see it haha. But great job Spooky! I’m downloading new code now.

#5959 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’ll probably never get that far to see it haha. But great job Spooky! I’m downloading new code now.

You can play it as a stand alone mode.

#5960 1 year ago

Wizard mode looks very cool! Downloaded code, and updated with no issues. Still wondering why there’s no attract mode music or sounds despite each being listed in the settings menu. Not a gripe…just curious when they'll be implemented.

#5961 1 year ago

Hey, I remember talking to team Spooky at TPF, and saying we really need a 'I shot him 6 times!' mode, and Bug just casually says "Oh, that is the next wizard mode coming btw". This is awesome, love to see it in there.

#5962 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Wizard mode looks very cool! Downloaded code, and updated with no issues. Still wondering why there’s no attract mode music or sounds despite each being listed in the settings menu. Not a gripe…just curious when they'll be implemented.

Have you tried pushing a flipper button while the machine is at rest? I'll get a random callout or music from time to time.

#5963 1 year ago

Reading the 1.07 notes, I am going to miss the pause while in the mode select (or blood store). I liked to park the ball in there to grab a beer, bathroom, tend to the child, etc. Maybe make the timer an optional adjustment?

#5964 1 year ago

This code update with the hedge hurry mode finish and the wizard mode is very promising. Boogeyman looks like a blast! The biggest thing I hope to see in this game is to code in some BIG moments where you’ve really achieved something in the game. Mainly Jack o Lantern and Boogeyman. Like when you lock that last ball and the knocker pops like a gun…THATS SICK. More of that type of shit in the future throughout the rest of the game I hope. I’d love to see the game go dark and have some fanfare like Scared Stiff Stiff o meter final shot. Maybe program the flippers to snap to the rhythm of the Silver shamrock song as a slick homage. Or whatever…those big achievements deserve some loooong programming hours to help make them feel special. That being said THIS is the code update that is going to start to turn the tide on this game. Great job Spooky!

#5965 1 year ago

Please add staged balls in the next update! This would be so awesome.

#5966 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Have you tried pushing a flipper button while the machine is at rest? I'll get a random callout or music from time to time.

Yeah, works when you push a flipper button. I just thought attract mode was ‘always on’ or cycled through a set of music/sounds.

#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yeah, works when you push a flipper button. I just thought attract mode was ‘always on’ or cycled through a set of music/sounds.

Yeah I don't recall the game doing any spontaneous sounds on it's own at all, unlike Sterns and Willams Bally. I know R&M after x amount of loops would play a video sequence if you had it enabled in the settings.

#5968 1 year ago

This exact attract mode cycle would be excellent for HWN too. Have the ol’ creeping through the house footage come up with some eerie music have the topper stab one time like the game is f’n haunted.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yeah I don't recall the game doing any spontaneous sounds on it's own at all, unlike Sterns and Willams Bally. I know R&M after x amount of loops would play a video sequence if you had it enabled in the settings.

#5969 1 year ago

Great update. I enjoyed the new sound effects and hurry up after mode completion.

There are still some lingering bugs (audio sync when Hedge Multiball starts, weird behavior when multiple things are going, callouts stepping on each other), but the game is coming along nicely.

New high score, which always happens when I install new code on any game. Then I suck.

2736AB99-9C9F-4569-8AB4-574E06C87BF3 (resized).jpeg2736AB99-9C9F-4569-8AB4-574E06C87BF3 (resized).jpeg
#5970 1 year ago

Wow - I don't think anyone will be bashing Spooky after experiencing that wizard mode first hand. One of the best in pinball. Nicely done Spooky!

#5971 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Wow - I don't think anyone will be bashing Spooky after experiencing that wizard mode first hand. One of the best in pinball. Nicely done Spooky!

❤️

#5972 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Reading the 1.07 notes, I am going to miss the pause while in the mode select (or blood store). I liked to park the ball in there to grab a beer, bathroom, tend to the child, etc. Maybe make the timer an optional adjustment?

This is awesome lol I will let the team know tomorrow!

#5973 1 year ago

Beautiful update, love the amount of movement we are getting from the “michaels”. Lots of little things have more polish. The boogeyman mode is great.

My biggest gripe with my game is the stacking of balls in the subway, balls have always gotten stuck but multiballs make the game miserable. What is the solution for this shimming the subway?

1613DF96-7F10-47F4-A368-C2D28C0E67C5 (resized).jpeg1613DF96-7F10-47F4-A368-C2D28C0E67C5 (resized).jpeg
#5974 1 year ago

I only played a couple games on the new code, and I like those new pumpkin mode completion hurry ups, but that's why my scores sucked tonight because I was taking too many risks trying to get those. I think the screen still says get to the pumpkin scoop during the hurry ups, even though you don't need to, or at least that's what I remember seeing.

Did the default shooter lane ball eject power get lowered? It failed to put the ball into the shooter lane a couple times and I've never seen that before. I'm going to bump it up some and see if it happens again.

#5975 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Beautiful update, love the amount of movement we are getting from the “michaels”. Lots of little things have more polish. The boogeyman mode is great.
My biggest gripe with my game is the stacking of balls in the subway, balls have always gotten stuck but multiballs make the game miserable. What is the solution for this shimming the subway?
[quoted image]

This is what I did. Not pretty, but it works: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/43#post-6672771

#5976 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

[quoted image]

This is a design flaw. The first ball that drops into the subway has the potential to be trapped by the second ball dropping into the subway. Once trapped you are SOL as I am sure you have noticed. There is a couple things you can do. I swapped the rubber closet to the tip of the flipper on the middle playfield with a slim Stern post sleeve. This widened the gap between the flipper and the post causing the balls to drop with more momentum. They enter the subway with more speed. This took care of most of my ball traps. The other thing I was going to do is add a guide wire going down into the subway that prevents the first ball from being trapped against the wall of the subway by the second ball. Haven't done this yet but I am sure it would fix the issue completely.

#5977 1 year ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

Just got #540 set up yesterday. Looking pretty good initially.. going to have to cut a little hole in the drop ceiling for the topper though! Only snags I had were some bubbling on the side decals under the pumpkin cutout and the paint on the back of the cabinet is chipping off. Just holding it up while my wife put the back legs on it was crumbling on my fingers which is a little disappointing based on the price of the game… never had this happen on any of my others.
Suggestion for spooky… I may be in the minority but probably not the only person that the head needs to be taken off to get into the game room…. The led strips could really use a molex connector in the back box. Everything else does but I had to actually remove the strips to take the head off.
Game shoots fantastic. I actually thought I wasn’t going to enjoy the animations based on what I had seen in streams but playing the game it actually works well. Anytime I get distracted looking at the display, I get punished when the ball pops out from the in lane! Cabinet and playfield art looks amazing. Great light show. Sound is solid! I did notice the tacky feeling on the lock bar. Hopefully don’t run into any issues as I don’t really have a good area to spray clear on it.

I got an email from Nitro Pinball and #539 was picked up by Fed Ex yesterday!

#5978 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This exact attract mode cycle would be excellent for HWN too. Have the ol’ creeping through the house footage come up with some eerie music have the topper stab one time like the game is f’n haunted.

Or just have the end scene where the sound of Michael breathing through the mask is over all of the locations he was in the movie. That would be sweet!

#5979 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

[quoted image]

We started adding a spacer on the right hand side of the subway, which gives the subway a greater left to right slope. This helps clear the first ball out more quickly...thus preventing it from being pinned against the wall from a second ball. As you investigate, look for anything that might be preventing the ball from clearing that area as quickly as possible.

#5980 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Or just have the end scene where the sound of Michael breathing through the mask is over all of the locations he was in the movie. That would be sweet!

I’d like to hear a slower piano playing the Halloween theme… I know it’s not in the OG 78 movie. But it’s so creepy in the new movie.

#5981 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We started adding a spacer on the right hand side of the subway, which gives the subway a greater left to right slope. This helps clear the first ball out more quickly...thus preventing it from being pinned against the wall from a second ball. As you investigate, look for anything that might be preventing the ball from clearing that area as quickly as possible.

What number did that start on Luke? I’m just curious. I’m 317 and have no issues.

#5982 1 year ago

I like the way the game shoots. The shot geometry feels dialed in. The orbits are kinda tight, but not a brickfest.

Sometimes the second playfield feels a little static. I gather there’s no way to get the ball upstairs from the Sanitarium?

#5983 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

What number did that start on Luke? I’m just curious. I’m 317 and have no issues.

I'm honestly not sure. I started here last December and it was soon after that.

#5984 1 year ago

I am hoping Spooky at some point tries to get creative with that upper playfield. I am sure they have a lot on their list and I am excited for new animations etc. - but with some of the creative ideas Im seeing implemented so far this area is in need.

Does anyone have suggestions for Spooky to better utilize the upper PF's?

#5985 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I am hoping Spooky at some point tries to get creative with that upper playfield. I am sure they have a lot on their list and I am excited for new animations etc. - but with some of the creative ideas Im seeing implemented so far this area is in need.
Does anyone have suggestions for Spooky to better utilize the upper PF's?

I actually have a multiball mode that I’ve written up and sent over to SpookyLuke . I can post it here if you guys would like to see it and give some feedback.

#5986 1 year ago

Can we get some more functionality out of the Sanitarium Playfield? It would REALLY help the game to add some clever features here since the ball ends up there so much. How about:

- Drop target thru shot for mode add time
- 100 standup target hits for extra ball
- Bonus X mode scoring for backhand reverse shots out of the Sanitarium. Call it “escape x” or something cool.
- progressive mystery awards for all target hits. 20 (1x playfield) 40 (2 x playfield) 60 (2 blood drops) 80 (award all shots in mode) 100 (extra ball)
- Hedge add a ball for successfully dropping target and shooting through during multi.

SpookyDJ we gonna see that “midnight stabness” mode we talked about? Haha

#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Can we get some more functionality out of the Sanitarium Playfield? It would REALLY help the game to add some clever features here since the ball ends up there so much. How about:
- Bonus X mode scoring for backhand reverse shots out of the Sanitarium
- Hedge add a ball for successfully dropping target and shooting through during multi.

Really like that add a ball idea. I love when add a ball is NOT the gimme mystery shot.

#5988 1 year ago

I myself would love to see it!

I actually have a multiball mode that I’ve written up and sent over to SpookyLuke . I can post it here if you guys would like to see it and give some feedback.

#5989 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

how big of a spacer are are you using?

#5990 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

- Bonus X mode scoring for backhand reverse shots out of the Sanitarium
- progressive mystery awards for all target hits. 20 (1x playfield) 40 (2 x playfield) 60 (2 blood drops) 80 (award all shots in mode) 100 (extra ball)

Really like all these. That sanitarium pf seems so under utilized.

#5991 1 year ago

Whenever I hear those kids, I keep expecting the Rob Zombie track to kick in. I'm your boogieman!

#5992 1 year ago

It is crucial that more feature be added to the sanitarium as its basically a catch all and the ball ends up there repeatedly with no real reason to stay. That playfield could be a score boosting zone with the features I suggested above

Quoted from damadczar:

Really like all these. That sanitarium pf seems so under utilized.

#5993 1 year ago

Is there a link for the 1.07 iso image? The one in the h78 Mac/windows restore instructions still points to the 1.06b file. The instructions for using the .pkg file seem different between the main support page and the restore instructions link.
The main page seems to tell you to copy the pkg file to the usb drive, link says to unpack the file and copy the contents.
Tried copying the pkg file whole to usb but machine just hangs at a black screen on power up. I didn’t hunt down something to unpack pkg file in windows so I just used the iso with Rufus for 1.06b but can’t find the same for 1.07.

#5994 1 year ago

So #414 came home on Friday the 13th with zero issues out of the box other than a missing coin box (and topper parts) which Spooky has already sent out once I emailed them.

I intentionally did not seek one out to play before mine arrived and I have to wonder where the negatives actually come from. Because this game shoots great and is a TON of fun!! I sprayed the armor and lock bar with 2k, so I didn't get to actually play until Saturday evening, but spent the downtime installing some of the mods I had acquired while I waited for delivery. The house mod has been installed since these photos were taken.

The game is great and I do not regret selling Scared Stiff or ACNC to make room for it. Although, I really do miss ACNC, but my HEP JD came back so 2 had to go, and WOZ is the wife's, so it won't leave.

20220513_144339 (resized).jpg20220513_144339 (resized).jpg20220514_152851 (resized).jpg20220514_152851 (resized).jpg20220514_220526 (resized).jpg20220514_220526 (resized).jpg

#5995 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

So #414 came home on Friday the 13th with zero issues out of the box other than a missing coin box (and topper parts) which Spooky has already sent out once I emailed them.
I intentionally did not seek one out to play before mine arrived and I have to wonder where the negatives actually come from. Because this game shoots great and is a TON of fun!! I sprayed the armor and lock bar with 2k, so I didn't get to actually play until Saturday evening, but spent the downtime installing some of the mods I had acquired while I waited for delivery. The house mod has been installed since these photos were taken.
The game is great and I do not regret selling Scared Stiff or ACNC to make room for it. Although, I really do miss ACNC, but my HEP JD came back so 2 had to go, and WOZ is the wife's, so it won't leave.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Truthfully, I feel like the game has been ripped limb from limb mostly by tournament players. This game truly isn’t meant for tournaments. In my eyes that’s not really a negative. This game was meant to be played by a Halloween fan, in a home environment, with the lights down low. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Not every game is going to be for everyone, not satisfy everyone. To me, this game has a specific audience, one that I am beyond happy to be a part of! It does shoot great to me and is a lot of fun! The code continues to progress and is better with every update! The updated animations, as SpookyLuke said, we will see them on July 10th. Patience is key my friends! I know all about it. I’m waiting for BSE #1049. What I can say is that my gf and I both played it a couple times at Pinfest and we absolutely loved it!!

#5996 1 year ago

I thought the animations in July were only for Ultraman?

Truthfully, I feel like the game has been ripped limb from limb mostly by tournament players. This game truly isn’t meant for tournaments. In my eyes that’s not really a negative. This game was meant to be played by a Halloween fan, in a home environment, with the lights down low. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Not every game is going to be for everyone, not satisfy everyone. To me, this game has a specific audience, one that I am beyond happy to be a part of! It does shoot great to me and is a lot of fun! The code continues to progress and is better with every update! The updated animations, as SpookyLuke said, we will see them on July 10th. Patience is key my friends! I know all about it. I’m waiting for BSE #1049. What I can say is that my gf and I both played it a couple times at Pinfest and we absolutely loved it!!

#5997 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I thought the animations in July were only for Ultraman?

SpookyLuke Maybe you can confirm? If it was only for Ultraman, maybe I misread? I thought that’s when we were seeing some for Halloween as well.

#5998 1 year ago

Why give a rats ass what a tourny player wants? Tourny players scour the rules, find the best strategy - which might include absurd loopholes - and then spam the same shots over and over again to amass points. Input on game quality and game enjoyment from that perspective isn’t needed or welcome.

Halloween is so refreshing. It’s not the rinse and repeat comic book “battles” that so many games are reduced to nowadays.

#5999 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Halloween is so refreshing. It’s not the rinse and repeat comic book “battles” that so many games are reduced to nowadays.

The modes are interesting but the sanitarium & house battles are so far very rinse & repeat.

#6000 1 year ago

We all like what we like! Not everyone will agree and that’s ok!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/120?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.