20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 339.
#5901 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Oh it's still haywire. 3 or 4 balls rolling around 3 different play fields at the same time. Yaaaa it gets crazy!

I somehow got house and sanitarium stacked on top of each other the other day along with the locked ball that got released.

#5902 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Also do the lockdown bar. Better safe than sorry and it you have the armor off just spray the lockdown bar also. One can of 2k is enough to do multiple coats.

Just be careful with the 2k as the label states potability has a 36 hour shelf life once the 2nd stage (bottom actuator) is introduced, which I had to balance against letting the initial application dry/cure. This thread I believed mentioned to be careful and let ~48hrs pass between coats. My 2nd application about 36hrs after the 1st worked just fine. I'm very pleased with the results on my HW, ACNC and RAM lock bars.

#5903 1 year ago

Ok folks, need a little help. I found this on the top playfield, and I can’t figure out if it is from the game itself, or from the House mod….any ideas?

0E76189D-2D1E-47B8-B23A-042162A08E81 (resized).jpeg0E76189D-2D1E-47B8-B23A-042162A08E81 (resized).jpeg60573A5C-7C3B-4843-A4A9-DF69019C07AA (resized).jpeg60573A5C-7C3B-4843-A4A9-DF69019C07AA (resized).jpeg
#5904 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Ok folks, need a little help. I found this on the top playfield, and I can’t figure out if it is from the game itself, or from the House mod….any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

looks like the outlane foam padding that’s on the apron.

I think it’s to stop possible stuck balls on the ridge that holds the apron to the playfield. I’m not near my game at the moment or I’d take a pic.

#5905 1 year ago

Hmm, maybe. I'll have to take a peek in a bit and see. Appreciate it, either way!

#5906 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I need to call Spooky ASAP!
I need to tell them how much I am loving this game and the smile on my face has not faded away since opening the game. I need to tell them that sometimes I just sit and stare at the machine and the art is spectacular. I also need to tell them the hurry up modes are some of the best I have ever played. Ba da ba ba ba-Im lovin it!
Loved heckling my brother in law the other day during hurry up-yelling-'HURRY YOU NEED MORE BLOOD' in his face. Hurry up really gets the heart pumping on this one. I also am really digging the layout and flow, so many enjoyable unique shots. It is fun watching first time players and subways-my mother was like-'What the hell?' as ball drained down the middle. Good times

I am playing mine tonight. Waiting for darkness.

#5907 1 year ago

I really wish more people would stream this game! I’m sure we will get another stream in the near future when a code update comes along! I’d imagine SpookyBug and SpookyLuke will make that happen!

#5908 1 year ago

Anyone possibly interested in taking over my spot for a Halloween CE? I put down a deposit of $2000 last summer with Joe at Pinball Star, so I would be asking around that price to take my spot. My game was #406, and I deferred for now.

I had major house issues to take care of this year and now have bills to pay that need to take precedence over the game. If no one has interest, that's fine, and I will just wait for the absolute last batch of games, but I did want to check. If you're interested, feel free to let me know. Thanks.

#5910 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Just be careful with the 2k as the label states potability has a 36 hour shelf life once the 2nd stage (bottom actuator) is introduced, which I had to balance against letting the initial application dry/cure. This thread I believed mentioned to be careful and let ~48hrs pass between coats. My 2nd application about 36hrs after the 1st worked just fine. I'm very pleased with the results on my HW, ACNC and RAM lock bars.

You only have to wait 5 minutes between coats. There is no way you have to wait 36 hours between coats. It cures in 24 hours.

If you spray another coat after it cures it will not adhere to the first coat. The clear is only good for 48 hours once you activate it.

Do NOT wait 36 hours between coats.

#5911 1 year ago

Who is excited as I am for this new Halloween code update too drop. Fingers crossed that it's soon.

#5912 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Who is excited as I am for this new Halloween code update too drop. Fingers crossed that it's soon.

Me...me...me....I'm really enjoying this first Wizard Mode on both games. I think you all are going to enjoy it. Starting this one is also pretty achievable for an average player. Work on collecting those Super Jackpots in each of the Multiballs.

#5913 1 year ago

Ok. So am I the only one who right before multiball saw a nice pair of hooters (breasts) on the LCD as she sits up in bed as Michael is coming into the room……

#5914 1 year ago

1 day till the Top 100 updates. Go leave an honest review for the game if you havnt already!

#5915 1 year ago

Haters will go flag it anyway - that seems to be how the grown men on pinside act with ratings.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

1 day till the Top 100 updates. Go leave an honest review for the game if you havnt already!

#5916 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Haters will go flag it anyway - that seems to be how the grown men on pinside act with ratings.

Or lovers will flag it. Can't win

#5917 1 year ago

Fair enough!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Or lovers will flag it. Can't win

#5918 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I honestly NEVER look at ratings. I figure 'who cares?'

I will go into the owners club forums and see what people are saying however.

#5919 1 year ago

Just got #540 set up yesterday. Looking pretty good initially.. going to have to cut a little hole in the drop ceiling for the topper though! Only snags I had were some bubbling on the side decals under the pumpkin cutout and the paint on the back of the cabinet is chipping off. Just holding it up while my wife put the back legs on it was crumbling on my fingers which is a little disappointing based on the price of the game… never had this happen on any of my others.

Suggestion for spooky… I may be in the minority but probably not the only person that the head needs to be taken off to get into the game room…. The led strips could really use a molex connector in the back box. Everything else does but I had to actually remove the strips to take the head off.

Game shoots fantastic. I actually thought I wasn’t going to enjoy the animations based on what I had seen in streams but playing the game it actually works well. Anytime I get distracted looking at the display, I get punished when the ball pops out from the in lane! Cabinet and playfield art looks amazing. Great light show. Sound is solid! I did notice the tacky feeling on the lock bar. Hopefully don’t run into any issues as I don’t really have a good area to spray clear on it.

#5920 1 year ago

Sprayed my 2k yesterday. When I pushed the red knob thing in the bottom to actuate, it fizzed a little spray out of the can so maybe I pushed at a bad angle....I had on a respirator and gloves and yeah that stuff is strong! I did a few coats and will play later today after 24 hours. I only played like 30 games before spraying since I was a little nervous. I guess whatever it's not like I can't replace or repair later if need to. Off that topic game is so fun so far... been holding off playing more till I sprayed it. But yeah definitely wear a proper mask (and I'm not a typical safety first guy to be honest)

#5921 1 year ago

Looks like a code update and video from Bug is dropping soon.

8FEB0AFD-CA27-4E47-B3E6-144A0ED0E563 (resized).jpeg8FEB0AFD-CA27-4E47-B3E6-144A0ED0E563 (resized).jpeg
#5922 1 year ago

Just had my best game so far with my morning coffee. 20 mil. Like 35 plays so far. It’s dang good. Having a tough time hitting my shots on upper most playfield.

#5923 1 year ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Agreed. This game is awesome. Haven't heard one even slightly bad review from anyone that's played mine.

My Halloween was an impulse buy when my dealer was dropping off another game and then I was hesitant to unbox because there where no in-depth reviews (like sdtm) from someone with hands on a game and pinside reviews were all over the place. Finally took the kids to Pinball Palace in Brunswick to try it and we all liked it so out of the box it came

#5924 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

1 day till the Top 100 updates. Go leave an honest review for the game if you haven't already!

I agree. I would love to see more ratings and reviews on this. Prefer honest and thoughtful reviews wherever they might fall. I have rated this machine high myself because I thoroughly enjoy it in terms of theme and game play. I am not a terrific player but have played the game with people who are. They have all enjoyed it. It really is a different game in a quieter environment that better captures the mood. If that opportunity presents itself you should definitely p-lay the game in that situation. Having said all this, I do respect and appreciate those ratings and comments that are lower than my own because many thoughtfully considered and well stated. These comments do help me understand different nuances in this game as well as what other game players might be looking for. I would think that pinball bar and arcade owners would find thoughtful comments helpful in determining inventory. What I can't understand or frankly respect are ratings for Halloween in the lower 600s and below that would have this game sitting in the game ratings list at #350 and below. Such scores just do not seem to reflect in any manner the game that I am playing. I know that we all have our preferences, and perhaps I have this game scored a little high, but I have seen ratings on this game in the 400 and 300s without comment. Come on! Haha. Thanks Mpdpvdpin for asking for more legitimate reviews.

#5925 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Hmm, maybe. I'll have to take a peek in a bit and see. Appreciate it, either way!

Looks pretty similar.

84DDC7CE-F9DB-40E2-AE66-29FEE8E250F5 (resized).jpeg84DDC7CE-F9DB-40E2-AE66-29FEE8E250F5 (resized).jpegB36ED1BD-4CBA-437D-A217-8A592E63FB3B (resized).jpegB36ED1BD-4CBA-437D-A217-8A592E63FB3B (resized).jpeg
#5926 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Looks pretty similar.

Sheesh. My machine didn't even come with those. No wonder my balls are getting so scratched up...

#5927 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me the rules of the Judith Meyers drop-down target and when it should reset?

On my machine, it never seems to reset. I can use the coil tests all day long to drop and reset the target manually but it never seems to reset during game play.

#5928 1 year ago

I got mine set up today. Generally positive experience. A few things I’m going to call Spooky about.

There’s one thing that’s broken, really annoying, and kind of important: my red service menu button doesn’t work. So I can’t exit the service menu without power cycling the machine. Maybe a cold solder joint on the wires to that button? Maybe a faulty button?

I did play many games before discovering that problem, and I’m very satisfied with the gameplay. I think this is probably a big time winner.

#5929 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Can anyone tell me the rules of the Judith Meyers drop-down target and when it should reset?
On my machine, it never seems to reset. I can use the coil tests all day long to drop and reset the target manually but it never seems to reset during game play.

Should take 5 hits before it raises to lock it. It only instantly locks on the first hit during skillshot. Pull the glass and check it.

#5930 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Ahhh Judith Myers. Row 18 plot 20.

#5931 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Ahhh Judith Myers. Row 18 plot 20.

Yeah, I’m hopeful they address some volume levels and repetitive callouts in the next update. Don’t Fear the Reaper is kind of quiet compared to the other audio, and there are some callouts that get annoying after a while.

#5932 1 year ago

I guess we’re not getting a code update tonight.

Here’s a pitch meeting to tide you over:

#5933 1 year ago
790C29AD-58B7-4B18-8352-98008885E623 (resized).png790C29AD-58B7-4B18-8352-98008885E623 (resized).png
#5934 1 year ago

I love that I literally watched a stream of these guys playing Halloween, visibly enjoying it and having some genuine positive reactions. Then they sit down in front of a mic and trash it and admit neither of them HAVE EVER SEEN THE F’n MOVIE. Nah. “ohhh I only LOOKED like I was having fun because I had too many beers”. So dumb.

#5935 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I love that I literally watched a stream of these guys playing Halloween, visibly enjoying it and having some genuine positive reactions. Then they sit down in front of a mic and trash it and admit neither of them HAVE EVER SEEN THE F’n MOVIE. Nah.

Nick claimed he was drinking too much that caused him to not hate it, basically a Stern shill from what I gathered saying it's the only company deserving of people's money while complaining about issues with his Rush pin.

#5936 1 year ago

I’m gonna pee in this guys cereal.

Quoted from manadams:

Nick claimed he was drinking too much that caused him to not hate it, basically a Stern shill from what I gathered saying it's the only company deserving of people's money while complaining about issues with his Rush pin.

#5937 1 year ago

Maybe if Spooky did a ‘Cheech & Chong’ pin he would like it lol

#5938 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I love that I literally watched a stream of these guys playing Halloween, visibly enjoying it and having some genuine positive reactions. Then they sit down in front of a mic and trash it and admit neither of them HAVE EVER SEEN THE F’n MOVIE. Nah. “ohhh I only LOOKED like I was having fun because I had too many beers”. So dumb.

I didn't listen to the podcast yet, but I did watch that stream and I don't remember them being particularly complimentary about Halloween, unless you count Nick saying something along the lines of "it's not as bad as the reviews make it sound" near the end. There were defintely a lot of thinly veiled negative comments, and the 'fun' seemed to come more from jokes made at the game's expense. That was just my impression.

I often agree with the games these guys praise (TWD and JJPOTC for example), but it was also pretty obvious that they were not familiar with and had no appreciation for the film this game is based on. They just seemed somewhat disinterested from the start. So while it's disappointing, it's not entirely surprising.

#5939 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I was pretty disappointed in this as well, because
1) I have played the game quite a bit and a lot of the "criticisms" were either half-baked, or flat not true, plus - yeah they were clearly enjoying themselves
2) I really respect Kevin Manne who is a big part of "Bro..." (he was not on this stream), and Kevin is SUPER open about trying new games, and is a big Multimorphic supporter - so I was totally unprepared for the nonsense.
3) They HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE?!?!?

#5940 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was pretty disappointed in this as well, because
1) I have played the game quite a bit and a lot of the "criticisms" were either half-baked, or flat not true, plus - yeah they were clearly enjoying themselves
2) I really respect Kevin Manne who is a big part of "Bro..." (he was not on this stream), and Kevin is SUPER open about trying new games, and is a big Multimorphic supporter - so I was totally unprepared for the nonsense.
3) They HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE?!?!?

Kevin was on both the Halloween play show and the talk show. He and Nick are the main Bros. Kevin gives the game more praise than Nick does.

#5941 1 year ago

No sounds for tilt warnings? Wonder what code they were playing?

They have some fair points though, but just because someone have a webcam doesn't make their opinions any more valuable

#5942 1 year ago

You can literally HEAR and SEE the tilt warnings IN the stream haha.

Quoted from TheLaw:

No sounds for tilt warnings? Wonder what code they were playing?
They have some fair points though, but just because someone have a webcam doesn't make their opinions any more valuable

#5943 1 year ago

Just a request to make the Halloween theme much louder during mb.....

#5944 1 year ago

Aren't there Tilt Warning Inlays w/lights on Halloween?

...or was I just imagining that?

#5945 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Aren't there Tilt Warning Inlays w/lights on Halloween?

yup

#5946 1 year ago

Hey everybody! 1.07 is live for both games. I got a tutorial on youtube for everyone who wants to see.

The primary focus of this update was the wizard mode. So we decided to put an option in the game menu to select the wizard mode so every can play it! Just go to standard settings - wizard play - boogeyman. And you'll be playing it on the very next game you start! Enjoy.

#5947 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You can literally HEAR and SEE the tilt warnings IN the stream haha.

Yeah I can clearly see and hear the tilt. Oh well.

#5948 1 year ago

That whole bit on Halloween from Buffalo just felt really.... off? Some of the things they said just didn't make sense eg the tilt comment and things like:

"I expected it to be a clunky mess and it was. I thought it shot pretty good"

Plus, the whole thing was made pretty irrelevant to me when this was put forward:

"it's the best shooting Spooky - which isn't saying much".

Well, agree to disagree I guess - I'm not a total fanboy or anything, I have 4 (5th on the way) Sterns, and 2 Spookys ACNC and R&M sat right next to Iron Maiden which I think is one of the best games of all time. But to suggest that a machine like R&M doesn't shoot incredibly well? It shoots freaking amazing, and yes even compared to IMDN. I haven't even played TNA but word is, that's a damn fine shooter too. ACNC - yeah ok it's tough and requires some practise to nail the shots, but does tough mean bad?

Anyway, it's his opinion, and of course everyone's entitled to their own. Plus, I'm still waiting for my Halloween (I'm still amped for it no question) so I haven't played it and can't offer an opinion on it yet, but that whole thing just felt really overly critical, not just to the machine itself but to Spooky in general.

Also - I have to add my obligatory: "Spooky where's our Australian shipment?"
Come on guys, show us overseas dudes some love!

#5949 1 year ago

I need to listen to their podcast but Nick for sure was complimentary throughout and to hear he’s not digging it is disappointing. I won’t comment until I hear it though.

#5950 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! 1.07 is live for both games. I got a tutorial on youtube for everyone who wants to see.
The primary focus of this update was the wizard mode. So we decided to put an option in the game menu to select the wizard mode so every can play it! Just go to standard settings - wizard play - boogeyman. And you'll be playing it on the very next game you start! Enjoy.

Wizard mode starts just after 27:00
Great addition spooky!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/119?hl=silen7ce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.