Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,953 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 340.
#5851 1 year ago

Keep an eye on the cliffy mylar. There's a white piece in the coinbox to replace it also. Good stuff

#5852 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Any news for the near future SpookyLuke ?

Any day here my friend!

#5853 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Ok I was on the fence. Slap me.
No issues out of box. Unreal and loving it.
[quoted image]

This makes us more happy to see than I can say! Overall been seeing alot of love for the game lately and alot of happy people enjoying it! If anything comes up don't hesitate to reach out.

#5854 1 year ago

Was at around 6 million after ball 2, then I went on a roll. Got to the wizard mode, drained, and it went into ball search so that's how it ended. Didn't have enough blood for the 2x multiplier or extra ball so I blew it on points since I didn't think I'd last long enough to collect more. Can't wait for those wizard modes.

20220511_180737 (resized).jpg20220511_180737 (resized).jpg
#5855 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Was at around 6 million after ball 2, then I went on a roll. Got to the wizard mode, drained, and it went into ball search so that's how it ended. Didn't have enough blood for the 2x multiplier or extra ball so I blew it on points since I didn't think I'd last long enough to collect more. Can't wait for those wizard modes.
[quoted image]

Lol I thought my 10.2 million was a good score out of my first ten games. Lol.

#5856 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This makes us more happy to see than I can say! Overall been seeing alot of love for the game lately and alot of happy people enjoying it! If anything comes up don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks Spooky.

#5857 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All I can say is that my family and I are really loving Halloween. As I have mentioned I have yet to see any of the movies and right now Halloween and Godzilla are my two favorite pins.

I didn’t think you could pull off suspense and horror into a pin, but you really did. You have us such a unique gameplay experience.

Outside of the powder coating issue (I sprayed 2k clear max and so far so good), I am loving our first Spooky pin. Best bang for my buck. Just do Scooby and life will be complete for my wife and I lol.

#5858 1 year ago

So, spooky sold a few games at MGC. And a guy had just posted in one of the spooky FB fan pages, that he just bought a butter cab Halloween from spooky at the Allentown show last weekend and took it home. I said something about where are these games coming from if it's been all sold out and they are a limited amount. He said his game was not numbered. Can someone from spooky chime in, is there now 1260 ish games made. I could care less..I'm just curious.

#5859 1 year ago

570 is up and running. Zero damage. Zero issues. Lockdown bar does not feel tacky.
One question. Where am I supposed to put the mylar and when does the topper go off? My fist is in the down position and sometimes it raises up and stabs the back box. Does it go off in attract? Beautiful pin. Thanks to the Spooky team.

16523203080972244970078815881447 (resized).jpg16523203080972244970078815881447 (resized).jpg
#5860 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Was at around 6 million after ball 2, then I went on a roll. Got to the wizard mode, drained, and it went into ball search so that's how it ended. Didn't have enough blood for the 2x multiplier or extra ball so I blew it on points since

All I can say is that my family and I are really loving Halloween. As I have mentioned I have yet to see any of the movies and right now Halloween and Godzilla are my two favorite pins.
I didn’t think you could pull off suspense and horror into a pin, but you really did. You have us such a unique gameplay experience.
Outside of the powder coating issue (I sprayed 2k clear max and so far so good), I am loving our first Spooky pin. Best bang for my buck. Just do Scooby and life will be complete for my wife and I lol.

Heck yeah! Nothing like being able to get the whole family involved! Super smart save on the lock bar. Really disappointed with that issue overall but hopefully we have it solved now. I have seen your comments from the beginning on this thread! Thanks for the support. Hopefully we run into each other at a show sometime!

#5861 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

So, spooky sold a few games at MGC. And a guy had just posted in one of the spooky FB fan pages, that he just bought a butter cab Halloween from spooky at the Allentown show last weekend and took it home. I said something about where are these games coming from if it's been all sold out and they are a limited amount. He said his game was not numbered. Can someone from spooky chime in, is there now 1260 ish games made. I could care less..I'm just curious.

Every contract we always allow for like a dozen "show games". Basically we drag them across the country put them on free play at a show for the weekend. They get like 500-1000 plays and some bumps and bruises loading and unloading. We throw them on show special so that we can keep our show stock fresh and nice for shows and also have less to load up at the end of the weekend to drive 18 hours back to Wisconsin. That way we don't have to take the same ones to 4 or 5 shows as they would be pretty dang beat up by the 4th or 5th trip. Also cool to see people's eyes light up and instantly want to buy one when they get to play it at a show. Had 4 people trying to buy 1 game at once at the last show. Really neat to see how excited they were.

#5862 1 year ago

Both the Halloween's at Allentown sold pretty quickly, but when we left Saturday afternoon the Ultramans were not; did they ever get sold?

#5863 1 year ago

My wife isn’t into pinball much. She definitely is loving Halloween. I was surprised how much she was enjoying it last night. We shut off all the lights and played a few games. What a light show. I feel embarrassed to say I was listening to other people and their criticism before playing it myself. If this isn’t a perfect example for me to not listen to others then Heck slap me again.

#5864 1 year ago

My wife isn’t into pinball much. She definitely is loving Halloween. I was surprised how much she was enjoying it last night. We shut off all the lights and played a few games. What a light show. I feel embarrassed to say I was listening to other people and their criticism before playing it myself. If this isn’t a perfect example for me to not listen to others then Heck slap me again.

That’s awesome man!! Enjoy the hell out of it!! 1049 cannot come soon enough!!! So excited to see the future updates to knock this game out of the park!!

#5865 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Both the Halloween's at Allentown sold pretty quickly, but when we left Saturday afternoon the Ultramans were not; did they ever get sold?

I hope so, that game is awesome. Doesn’t quite have the theme recognition as HWN but man is it fun.

#5866 1 year ago

Glad to hear it! Those of us who had played it knew the truth. Don’t listen to the whiners

#5867 1 year ago

Just incase someone was wondering..I was told butter cabinets (direct prints) are running behind...not sure when they are coming, hopefully soon.

#5868 1 year ago

I was feeling the same way and then after a few games last night I'm giggling like a school girl. This pin shoots like a love letter to pinball. Packed with super fun , satisfying shots. I'm only a few games in so I can't speak to code, but damn that Linda and Bob mode is so fun. Slam the drops, hit the ramp and go to town on the butt pretzel. Who could ask for more?

#5869 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

570 is up and running. Zero damage. Zero issues. Lockdown bar does not feel tacky.
One question. Where am I supposed to put the mylar and when does the topper go off? My fist is in the down position and sometimes it raises up and stabs the back box. Does it go off in attract? Beautiful pin. Thanks to the Spooky team.[quoted image]

And at its proper position to the right of Lebowski.

20220512_100342 (resized).jpg20220512_100342 (resized).jpg
#5870 1 year ago

Lol I thought my 10.2 million was a good score out of my first ten games. Lol.

That's not bad at all out of the gate. I'm not sure how many games I've played since November to finally crack 100k because the counter resets with each code update, but it's a lot. It's good to see more people getting and enjoying what a great game this is.

#5871 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I hope so, that game is awesome. Doesn’t quite have the theme recognition as HWN but man is it fun.

I'm loving mine.

#5872 1 year ago

It’s been over a week since I’ve had my machine and I’m loving it. So much fun to shoot and zero quality issues other than a simple fix topper light backwards connection. I did the 2k clear coat and have seen no issues with my powder coat.

The only thing that was bothering me was the sound being bad… until I realized a new hire at Spooky had the amp at max volume. After correcting that, it sounds great other than The Reaper being way too quiet. (MORE COWBELL!)

Yesterday I added an eternal subwoofer and it took the sound to the next level. Makes it even more theatrical and immersive. Also, solves the subwoofer glass rattle if that bothers you. Really a no brainer mod that just takes a couple minutes to connect with a simple splitter + cable.

Here are some quick instructions if it’s helpful to anyone that hasn’t added a sub before:

1. Just connect a 3.5 audio splitter to the audio out in the back box. (See pic below)
2. Connect the audio cable that was originally connected there to one of the two splitter ends.
3. Connect a (3.5 to RCA) cable to the other splitter end.
4. Run the new (3.5 to RCA) cable out the back of the back box.
5. Connect to the subwoofer and turn it up to desired volume.
6. Turn down (or turn off) the in stock sub via the amp dial and your done.

Here the specific things I purchased to do it but there are many other options:

Polk Audio PSW10:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7A1J3V3AGADW5VZYN8EZ

3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8LDM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_V7JEQQWHYTYF3A7ACJQS

3.5mm Audio Stereo Y Splitter:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LM0ZGK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RE11XVDVYGVBRZ1PB91X

619B9F19-0BA7-4197-BA13-7C9612A7F171 (resized).jpeg619B9F19-0BA7-4197-BA13-7C9612A7F171 (resized).jpeg

#5873 1 year ago

How are people's experiences with Spooky's service department? I've been waiting for a week, but no response to my issues and questions email. They were mighty quick when I indicated I wanted to buy a Halloween, not so much now that I've paid for it.

#5874 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

How are people's experiences with Spooky's service department? I've been waiting for a week, but no response to my issues and questions email. They were mighty quick when I indicated I wanted to buy a Halloween, not so much now that I've paid for it.

Telephone

EDIT: Ordering a Halloween was quick?! I found it horrendously slow

#5875 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

Call them. Number's in the coinbox on the door.

#5876 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

What email did you send to? Sometimes things go to spam etc

We are all here just give us a ring service number is inside the coin door.

#5877 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

What email did you send to? Sometimes things go to spam etc
We are all here just give us a ring service number is inside the coin door.

[email protected]

I'm in Canada, so email is preferred but can call if I have to of course.

#5878 1 year ago

I don't know about CAN-USA call rates (probably carrier specific?), but if someone at Spooky has WhatsApp, calls are free. I used this method when talking to people in Europe

Quoted from IVPinball:

[email protected]

#5879 1 year ago

Anyone know if Spooky collects taxes in OH or KY or both?

#5880 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Basically their is a threshold for every state. So after we reach a certain amount in each state we have to start collecting sales tax. To my knowledge atleast that is how it works.

#5881 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

And at its proper position to the right of Lebowski.[quoted image]

Power button is in the wrong position for a pic

#5882 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Definitely in Ohio I paid sales tax to the guberment.

#5883 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

And at its proper position to the right of Lebowski.[quoted image]

I call that section "boutique alley"". Awesome topper btw!

#5884 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

The phone support is INCREDIBLE! Really no reason to email if at all possible

#5885 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

Found them to be awesome, had one or two minor hiccups with the machine during shipping and AJ was awesome and got things straighten right for me with a new part in the mail immediately.

#5886 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

[email protected]

Spooky you can call. Stern you can’t. Chaz was so awesome at Stern back years ago.

I called Spooky and they picked up on the first ring the other day.

#5887 1 year ago

Well, due to some crazy shipping snafu that's taken almost 4 weeks, #414 finally comes home. It will be arriving on Friday the 13th in just over 12-14 hours from now. I have the cans of 2k on standby, so hopefully I will be flipping it for the first time sometime Saturday night after the clear coat dries.

#5888 1 year ago

I need to call Spooky ASAP!

I need to tell them how much I am loving this game and the smile on my face has not faded away since opening the game. I need to tell them that sometimes I just sit and stare at the machine and the art is spectacular. I also need to tell them the hurry up modes are some of the best I have ever played. Ba da ba ba ba-Im lovin it!

Loved heckling my brother in law the other day during hurry up-yelling-'HURRY YOU NEED MORE BLOOD' in his face. Hurry up really gets the heart pumping on this one. I also am really digging the layout and flow, so many enjoyable unique shots. It is fun watching first time players and subways-my mother was like-'What the hell?' as ball drained down the middle. Good times

#5889 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Well, due to some crazy shipping snafu that's taken almost 4 weeks, #414 finally comes home. It will be arriving on Friday the 13th in just over 12-14 hours from now. I have the cans of 2k on standby, so hopefully I will be flipping it for the first time sometime Saturday night after the clear coat dries.

It's honestly not that quick to wear. I haven't CC'd mine yet but I wiped it down with some BonAmi (glass cleaner) after playing a good session and there are zero issues. I've been doing this for quite awhile and it's fine. I do that on all my pins actually. I will CC it at some point though. Enjoy!

#5890 1 year ago

I finally got to play a working Halloween at MGC, the only other one I played was in a private room at Expo and half the game didn’t work. I have had one on order since the first day of the sale so this has been quite a wait to even play it! After getting to play it, I have to say, I think this needs to be played in a home or quieter environment with the volume up….at least that’s what I’m hoping. The music wasn’t loud enough but I could hear the callouts fine. This doesn’t surprise me at all playing in a big convention hall. This game just seems like it would rely more on the music than some other games do. I’m also REALLY hoping the stored balls in the lifters come into play in later code because that wait for the ball is extremely long and really took away from the pace of play. I love how quick Rick and Morty is when you hit the ball into the garage. The game looked great and played well but I am really hoping for some additional updates.

#5891 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It's honestly not that quick to wear. I haven't CC'd mine yet but I wiped it down with some BonAmi (glass cleaner) after playing a good session and there are zero issues. I've been doing this for quite awhile and it's fine. I do that on all my pins actually. I will CC it at some point though. Enjoy!

Yeah, I kinda figured that. But I also know me... And if I put it in the lineup and start flipping it, I wont get to the CC before the wear begins. It will be better for me to immediately take off the armor and CC it once it arrives today. Then I will let it dry for 24 hours and hopefully never have to worry about it again. I can play it Saturday for the first time. Ive been waiting for 4 weeks while the shipping company screwed around. As long as it arrives undamaged today, I can wait 1 more day.

#5892 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I have number CE61 and received it before Halloween last year. The wear didn't start showing until late March.

#5893 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I finally got to play a working Halloween at MGC, the only other one I played was in a private room at Expo and half the game didn’t work. I have had one on order since the first day of the sale so this has been quite a wait to even play it! After getting to play it, I have to say, I think this needs to be played in a home or quieter environment with the volume up….at least that’s what I’m hoping. The music wasn’t loud enough but I could hear the callouts fine. I’m also REALLY hoping the stored balls in the lifters come into play in later code because that wait for the ball is extremely long and really took away from the pace of play. I love how quick Rick and Morty is when you hit the ball into the garage. The game looked great and played well but I am really hoping for some additional updates.

Not played it yet but I was thinking maybe if they could stage balls in single ball play only as I read someone say it’s good to have the wait in multiball.

#5894 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Not played it yet but I was thinking maybe if they could stage balls in single ball play only as I read someone say it’s good to have the wait in multiball.

It is good to have that wait in multi-ball. With multilevels multi-ball going on there's just a lot happening that wait can kind of help out a little bit

#5895 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It is good to have that wait in multi-ball. With multilevels multi-ball going on there's just a lot happening that wait can kind of help out a little bit

Maybe that can be part of an “easy” setting then. I’d think you might be able to turn that on or off but I’m not a programmer by any means. I have TNA and I prefer things going haywire lol

#5896 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Yeah, I kinda figured that. But I also know me... And if I put it in the lineup and start flipping it, I wont get to the CC before the wear begins. It will be better for me to immediately take off the armor and CC it once it arrives today. Then I will let it dry for 24 hours and hopefully never have to worry about it again. I can play it Saturday for the first time. Ive been waiting for 4 weeks while the shipping company screwed around. As long as it arrives undamaged today, I can wait 1 more day.

Makes perfect sense. Here's to hoping that he's delivered without issue or incident and that you flipping come Saturday. Share some pics along the way.

#5897 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'd support a setting to stage or not stage but I do like the sneakiness of it and benefit as you've mentioned while in MB.

#5898 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Maybe that can be part of an “easy” setting then. I’d think you might be able to turn that on or off but I’m not a programmer by any means. I have TNA and I prefer things going haywire lol

Oh it's still haywire. 3 or 4 balls rolling around 3 different play fields at the same time. Yaaaa it gets crazy!

#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Also do the lockdown bar. Better safe than sorry and it you have the armor off just spray the lockdown bar also. One can of 2k is enough to do multiple coats.

#5900 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have number CE61 and received it before Halloween last year. the wear didn't start showing until late March.

You got lucky. Mine started after 50 plays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 16,953 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.