Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,960 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 340.
#5751 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I went with 2k gloss and was pleased with results.

Thank you. Who carries it?

#5752 1 year ago

Hey everyone, when the playfield is up, for maintenance, how tall is it compared to other manufacturers? Sterns in particular.

My basement ceiling is low, and with JJPs, I can’t even raise the playfield vertical without lowering the game. I experienced his with DE G&R too. But Srerns are fine, I’ve been able to raise the playfield vertically on Sterns.

Is Spooky like a Stern, or is it taller with the playfield raised?

Thx.

#5753 1 year ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Grabbed mine on amazon.. assuming I grabbed the right thing lol

#5754 1 year ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Amazon, check out BallyKISS1978 post 5074 in this thread for links to the 2k gloss and respirator for safety.

#5755 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I went with 2k gloss and was pleased with results.

Quoted from crassmage:

I recommend reading up on safety for 2k and going over board on safety. I wore an N95 mask and goggles but it was not enough, even outdoors. I got one half breath of the fumes in through the mask and it has messed my lungs up a bit. Some mist got through a gap between my gloves and my shirt. That area is now sore and discolored. Long story short… the shit is really nasty so be very careful.

#5756 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

....I wore an N95 mask and goggles but it was not enough, even outdoors...

Shit is no joke.

#5757 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hey everyone, when the playfield is up, for maintenance, how tall is it compared to other manufacturers? Sterns in particular.
My basement ceiling is low, and with JJPs, I can’t even raise the playfield vertical without lowering the game. I experienced his with DE G&R too. But Srerns are fine, I’ve been able to raise the playfield vertically on Sterns.
Thx.

This is my first game so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I took this picture last night.

19D46675-CAEA-4D1D-A031-D41FB8BA8BAC (resized).jpeg19D46675-CAEA-4D1D-A031-D41FB8BA8BAC (resized).jpeg
#5758 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I recommend reading up on safety for 2k and going over board on safety. I wore an N95 mask and goggles but it was not enough, even outdoors. I got one half breath of the fumes in through the mask and it has messed my lungs up a bit. Some mist got through a gap between my gloves and my shirt. That area is now sore and discolored. Long story short… the shit is really nasty so be very careful.

Specifically, you should be using either a can that can filter out isocyanates (most filters don't even claim to filter them for liability reasons I believe) or you can use a forced air respirator, which is basically a squirrel cage fan that blows air down a long hose and into your mask to create positive pressure. Just put the intake for the fan in a place with clean air. Make sure your spray won't blow over to the fan and get sucked into the intake. When I was restoring my meteor playfield, I kept the intake in my house, and ran a 50ft hose to my mask, outside, inside a tent. The tent not only keeps spray from wafting back to the house/intake, or poisoning my neighbors, but it prevents particulates or bugs from getting into the clear coat too.

#5759 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

That’s crazy. You must be really sensitive to it. Sprayed it three times and no issues. Sorry you had arough go at it. I just used my respirator and latex gloves.

#5760 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

This is my first game so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I took this picture last night. [quoted image]

I like how you painted the Etsy Michael head. Do you have more pics? I didn’t paint mine.

#5761 1 year ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Where can i find that shooter lane protector? Thanks
Also on the 2k, matte or gloss? I assume gloss but im often wrong

I went with 2k high gloss

#5762 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Agreed. I made sure to do negative pressure tests on my respirator before each use of the 2k. An incredible product with serious safety requirements. Thanks.

#5763 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I like how you painted the Etsy Michael head. Do you have more pics? I didn’t paint mine.

I’m actually the second owner of this machine, it came with it. I believe the original owner had a friend paint it for him. I really like how it looks.

31292798-A79D-4F48-BB0E-CDAA26D375F7 (resized).jpeg31292798-A79D-4F48-BB0E-CDAA26D375F7 (resized).jpeg

#5764 1 year ago

My basement ceiling is low, and with JJPs, I can’t even raise the playfield vertical without lowering the game. I experienced his with DE G&R too. But Sterns are fine, I’ve been able to raise the playfield vertically on Sterns.
Thx.

Anyone? This impacts where I place the game. Especially since I expect to have to put the hood up early on this.

Thanks again.

#5765 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m actually the second owner of this machine, it came with it. I believe the original owner had a friend paint it for him. I really like how it looks.
[quoted image]

That really does look good. Thanks for posting.

#5766 1 year ago

Anyone? This impacts where I place the game. Especially since I expect to have to put the hood up early on this.
Thanks again.

My ceiling is 7' 1" and I can have the playfield all the way up.

#5767 1 year ago

Thanks again.

At the tallest point of the pivot the playfield is a hair under 80" tall. This is with levelers in playing position - front screwed all the way in and rear about 1.5" out. The topper is quite a bit taller.

#5768 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

My ceiling is 7' 1" and I can have the playfield all the way up.

Quoted from metallik:

At the tallest point of the pivot the playfield is a hair under 80" tall. This is with levelers in playing position - front screwed all the way in and rear about 1.5" out. The topper is quite a bit taller.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it!

I know I need to put the topper on the wall or something.

Setting up in the am, and then it must wait because…To Allentown!

F8C849D2-3B1B-4D77-98CA-C2EBD6CC3279 (resized).jpegF8C849D2-3B1B-4D77-98CA-C2EBD6CC3279 (resized).jpeg
#5769 1 year ago

Thx.

As tall as sterns. Lower than the topper.

#5770 1 year ago

Does anybody have a picture of Halloween and America's Most Haunted side-by-side? Just got in on a CE and can't wait to see these two together.

#5771 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Appreciate it!
I know I need to put the topper on the wall or something.
Setting up in the am, and then it must wait because…To Allentown![quoted image]

Certainly can relate: Toppers do add character - but so does a superbly low ceiling. Relocating the topper nearby is straightforward, just need to extend some of the leads provided. Enjoy the set up and all the great games to come!

20220108_HW cover1 (resized).jpg20220108_HW cover1 (resized).jpg
#5772 1 year ago

What’s the purpose of throwing a blanket over the glass, especially in a basement where I imagine there’s zero sun?

#5773 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

What’s the purpose of throwing a blanket over the glass, especially in a basement where I imagine there’s zero sun?

Logical answers - there's still sunlight and plenty of dust. Real answer - they're my babies!!! Got to tuck them in. Lastly, it's another way to keep unwanted guests from playing a game unless it's "presented".

#5774 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Logical answers - there's still sunlight and plenty of dust. Real answer - they're my babies!!! Got to tuck them in. Lastly, it's another way to keep unwanted guests from playing a game unless it's "presented".

Gotcha. Makes sense.

#5775 1 year ago

I cover mine for the dust mostly. All of my machines have voodoo glass and its so nice when they are perfectly clean.

#5776 1 year ago

Enjoy some less-TMI cards! DropBox folder link attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pu34poo2xf58p35/AAC9ZxHHXom8Dgc2ox5Nm9oKa?dl=0

Halloween 2 (resized).pngHalloween 2 (resized).pngHalloween 1 (resized).pngHalloween 1 (resized).pngHalloween 12 (resized).pngHalloween 12 (resized).pngHalloween 3 (resized).pngHalloween 3 (resized).pngHalloween 11 (resized).pngHalloween 11 (resized).pngHalloween 4 (resized).pngHalloween 4 (resized).pngHalloween 5 (resized).pngHalloween 5 (resized).pngHalloween 6 (resized).pngHalloween 6 (resized).pngHalloween 7 (resized).pngHalloween 7 (resized).pngHalloween 10 (resized).pngHalloween 10 (resized).pngHalloween 8 (resized).pngHalloween 8 (resized).pngHalloween 9 (resized).pngHalloween 9 (resized).png

#5777 1 year ago

Oooo 4,5 and 6 are siiiiiick!

Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#5778 1 year ago

How do I fix this? I can't get the damn bulb out of the sculpt.

PXL_20220507_144259583.jpgPXL_20220507_144259583.jpg
#5779 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I might print them all and rotate out every now and then. Love them.

#5780 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Does anybody have a picture of Halloween and America's Most Haunted side-by-side? Just got in on a CE and can't wait to see these two together.

I need to rearrange games, so I could probably put them together a moment for a pic if nobody else gets to it first. Will ultimately have my Spooky games together from newest to oldest (left to right).

#5781 1 year ago

Michael is standing by for his Halloween CE #833... I'm thinking a September delivery.

Pinball (resized).jpgPinball (resized).jpg
#5782 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Michael is standing by for his Halloween CE #833... I'm thinking a September delivery.
[quoted image]

Your room is rad!

#5783 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

[quoted image]

Shoot an email over to [email protected]
We'll send you a new one.

#5784 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are all sweet, but my feedback is that none of them should have the title "Halloween" on them, especially not on both, as it is overkill and the word Halloween is already in between the cards as well on the apron in big letters

#5785 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

[quoted image]

It takes some effort but it is very doable with a pair of needle nose pliers. Get the old flasher bulb out and silicone in a replacement. Make sure you get the orientation correct so the Pumpkin is facing the player. You can also take this opportunity to remove the socket like I did. I am not a fan of how Spooky designed the pumpkin flasher.

#5786 1 year ago

That’s a great call. Such great pics though!

Quoted from Morgoth00:

These are all sweet, but my feedback is that none of them should have the title "Halloween" on them, especially not on both, as it is overkill and the word Halloween is already in between the cards as well on the apron in big letters

#5787 1 year ago

Anybody have the air ball protector break on them? I’m not sure if that’s the official name but it’s the clear plastic above the three center drop targets. On the right side mine cracked off at both bolt spots.

35928530-7D90-4BEB-9718-FFABAB5B9D01 (resized).jpeg35928530-7D90-4BEB-9718-FFABAB5B9D01 (resized).jpeg
#5788 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Anybody have the air ball protector break on them? I’m not sure if that’s the official name but it’s the clear plastic above the three center drop targets. On the right side mine cracked off at both bolt spots.
[quoted image]

Yes, see this
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/93#post-6861024

#5789 1 year ago

Thanks. Couldn’t find anything with the search function. Glad I’m not alone.

#5790 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I would like to see this too. Those will be the 2 Spooky games in my lineup, but my Halloween is still many months away.

Four friends of mine recently got solid time on a Halloween and were raving about it. They have all been in the hobby for many years and all agreed it was a home run. For the first time since the game was announced, they are excited that I have one on order and told me not to sell my spot. This is clearly a polarizing game, but it's good to have some encouraging words from people who's opinions I value and who will actually be coming over to play it.

#5791 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would like to see this too. Those will be the 2 Spooky games in my lineup, but my Halloween is still many months away.
Four friends of mine recently got solid time on a Halloween and were raving about it. They have all been in the hobby for many years and all agreed it was a home run. For the first time since the game was announced, they are excited that I have one on order and told me not to sell my spot. This is clearly a polarizing game, but it's good to have some encouraging words from people who's opinions I value and who will actually be coming over to play it.

We have been at 3 shows in the last month here. Every single show I have 20-30 people come up to me and say that they were worried about the reviews online but were absolutely blown away in person and love it. Had 4 people asking to buy a Halloween from us at the table at one time Friday! Every game is not for everyone and this one is extremely unique and polarizing! I think in the long run in the hands of people who love Halloween and love a daring layout like this one it will see alot of love. That's just my 2 cents!

Thank you so much Everybody who comes out and supports us at all these shows and on here!

#5792 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Okay, I uploaded six more cards without the Halloween logo. That's 18 cards total, so I think I've done my part. I also included more Halloween III stuff, because that movie rocks.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/j4xgjw1elx81rejlhjdwm/h?dl=0&rlkey=pmvbs50mgkjbzyk1obmtasy1g

#5793 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have been at 3 shows in the last month here. Every single show I have 20-30 people come up to me and say that they were worried about the reviews online but were absolutely blown away in person and love it. Had 4 people asking to buy a Halloween from us at the table at one time Friday! Every game is not for everyone and this one is extremely unique and polarizing! I think in the long run in the hands of people who love Halloween and love a daring layout like this one it will see alot of love. That's just my 2 cents!
Thank you so much Everybody who comes out and supports us at all these shows and on here!

The game is fantastic. I have most of the players at my location raving about how good it is. The pinside hive mind is driving the polarization just like they do with every new title. A small group if super vocal negative Nancy's. I'll continue to say it that this game is a masterpiece. Ignore the naysayers they have no taste.

#5794 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

The game is fantastic. I have most of the players at my location raving about how good it is. The pinside hive mind is driving the polarization just like they do with every new title. A small group if super vocal negative Nancy's. I'll continue to say it that this game is a masterpiece. Ignore the naysayers they have no taste.

Agreed. This game is awesome. Haven't heard one even slightly bad review from anyone that's played mine.

#5795 1 year ago

#551 is up and running. My first Spooky pin. No issues out of the box. Had a few friends over to give it a solid test drive. 3 hours on it last night and it played like a dream.

My daughter couldn't get enough of it. This pin just captures you and sucks you in. I have a collection of about 12 pins and I think the only other pin that has sucked me in this hard this fast was Alien.

I could go on and on about everything amazing about this pin but I'll spare everyone.

I asked Squirrel if everyone could sign the back box and they did. This meant the most to me as I know this pin this company puts dinner on their families tables, gas in their cars, allows them to live out their dreams. Sure they won't always get it right, issues will arise but at the heart of this company I believe they're heart and intentions are in the right place.

PS my wife who has been against this pin coming into this house can't stop pressing the start button.

O is there someone offering the shooter plate powder coated to match?

PXL_20220508_011330511 (resized).jpgPXL_20220508_011330511 (resized).jpgPXL_20220508_034637681 (resized).jpgPXL_20220508_034637681 (resized).jpg

#5796 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

My gf and I were two of those people that have had concerns based on certain reviews and issues. We went to Allentown Pinfest yesterday and got our hands on Halloween personally. This is a dream theme for me, one of my all time favorite horror movies, so I have been pulling for this game to be a home run. After playing it yesterday a couple of times, my gf and I were hooked and really wanted to just keep hitting that start button! It had more flow than I was expecting just based on watching streams, so that was awesome! The right orbit, man that’s a tough shot but when you hit it, don’t take too long patting yourself on the back….it’ll come whipping around that orbit faster than you can blink! I only managed to hit one full butt-pretzel but the challenge is there and it’s satisfying when you make it happen! We also had some great conversation with SpookyLuke and SpookyBug regarding any questions we had, and even just a little extra background about the game. The future updates for this game I truly believe are what is going to take it to another level! Thank you both for taking the time to talk to us, get to know us, and more importantly, for our opinions to be heard and valued! We look forward to catching up with you again in the future!

BC1C81E4-BA1F-4823-9E9E-7EA834DBFE78 (resized).jpegBC1C81E4-BA1F-4823-9E9E-7EA834DBFE78 (resized).jpegEA714127-B205-40A3-95BB-2EDBC2ACCBA2 (resized).jpegEA714127-B205-40A3-95BB-2EDBC2ACCBA2 (resized).jpeg
#5797 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Not side by side, but bookend my Spooky lineup.

438CDDF1-26D3-45A9-85D2-B9FB594635A5 (resized).jpeg438CDDF1-26D3-45A9-85D2-B9FB594635A5 (resized).jpeg
#5798 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

[quoted image]

Thanks. That's an awesome picture.

#5799 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

[quoted image]

That's freaking cool man. Can't wait to see ya in Atlanta again!

#5800 1 year ago

Man, my pins are infested with gremlins…now my pumpkin led is on all the time. When I go to test mode and test the flasher for the pumpkin, it actually dims slightly when I turn it on, and full lights when off. I checked the wires at the socket and ran the wires to the board. Checked the z- connectors too. Last day or so I’ve been getting weird hard resets mid game. Re-installed the code…no luck. Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,960 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/116?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.