IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 340.
#5551 1 year ago

Mines ready to ship.
Selling for 8520 nib.

#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Mines ready to ship.
Selling for 8520 nib.

LOL... You can't be serious and have to be trolling. No one is crazy enough to base their life choices off an internet forum... Are they?

Jeff

#5553 1 year ago

I just got my game today and am having some issues with the upper playfield “house” flipper. I know that it is off except for when you have access to the house. When I get the ball up there it seems like it only registers that I am hitting the flipper some of the time.

#5554 1 year ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

This is my 1st spooky game. Is there something I should be doing differently? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Go to the site and download the newest update and reinstall code.

Quoted from Slog8484:

When I get the ball up there it seems like it only registers that I am hitting the flipper some of the time.

Open the cabinet and look at the right flipper switch stack. The second leaf needs to be bent closer to the first leaf so the button activates both when pressed

#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Open the cabinet and look at the right flipper switch stack. The second leaf needs to be bent closer to the first leaf so the button activates both when pressed

So the second leaf controls the flipper in the house?

#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

That is a GREAT idea... thanks

Let me add just to be sure lol, do this to the resin when it's removed from the upper playfield and not while in the game.

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from Slog8484:

So the second leaf controls the flipper in the house?

Correct.
I actually need to make mine tighter here.
I'm not into fake staging.

20220430_014656.jpg20220430_014656.jpg
#5558 1 year ago

311 CE butter arrived today. Looks great. On 3rd ball, it disappeared into the lower of the two mini playfields and didn’t kick out. No ball search so after 1-2 mins I turned it off. Waited a few more turned it back on. Now it just stays stuck on calibrating switches during boot up. This is my 1st spooky game. Is there something I should be doing differently? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

The ball is likely hung up on debris in the subway and not being seen by any optos because of it. lift the playfield and check it out. Should be ok after you clean it up.

#5559 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Mine looks great after 200 plays. Game 439 for anyone who cares

I have around the same (maybe a little more) and no issues with my powder either. My build was in the 100s? I think it’s clearly linked to the oil in the skin and is prob a good indicator of who sweats a lot when playing as I suspect the guys who are getting the powder issues early on tend to sweat more when playing. It’s definitely an issue and something that should be corrected for each owner experiencing it. Knowing spooky I’m sure they will help.

#5560 1 year ago

Uh, y'all. Something is *seriously* wrong with my Halloween machine when I wake it up after a few hours. I captured this video, and when I opened up the backglass to record the logs - there was a very strong electrical short smell. Not solder, but something just acrid and burning.

Spooky, y'all can read my posts here. I'm not a hater or unreasonable - but Halloween in this state feels like a fire hazard. I've written you guys support email - and it's taking multiple days to get responses. When I do - my questions are not being read carefully enough to get answers to them.

We're beyond "run the update" (which it doesn't need.) I need some real help with this.

#5561 1 year ago

Kind of blows my mind that some people sweat from pressing a couple buttons while standing in place!

Quoted from delt31:

I have around the same (maybe a little more) and no issues with my powder either. My build was in the 100s? I think it’s clearly linked to the oil in the skin and is prob a good indicator of who sweats a lot when playing as I suspect the guys who are getting the powder issues early on tend to sweat more when playing. It’s definitely an issue and something that should be corrected for each owner experiencing it. Knowing spooky I’m sure they will help.

#5562 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Mines ready to ship.
Selling for 8520 nib.

After a couple initial problems I'm really enjoying mine even with the early code and video. I think this game is gonna rise to epic status. I love the layout and shot variety. The lifters don't bother me at all (except when the metal flaps don't lay flat!) I bought both hwn and um and neither are leaving anytime soon that's for sure.

Only thing bugs me is I had to pay the full deal with shipping and taxes and seeing these great deals pop up F_N kills the thrifty side of me...aaarrrgh!

I vote keep it.

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

After a couple initial problems I'm really enjoying mine even with the early code and video. I think this game is gonna rise to epic status. I love the layout and shot variety. The lifters don't bother me at all (except when the metal flaps don't lay flat!) I bought both hwn and um and neither are leaving anytime soon that's for sure.
Only thing bugs me is I had to pay the full deal with shipping and taxes and seeing these great deals pop up F_N kills the thrifty side of me...aaarrrgh!
I vote keep it.

I do appreciate your input. My AS pro leaves today so I’ll have the cash. Probably too late to sell it anyway. It’s literally ready to ship.

#5564 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Uh, y'all. Something is *seriously* wrong with my Halloween machine when I wake it up after a few hours. I captured this video, and when I opened up the backglass to record the logs - there was a very strong electrical short smell. Not solder, but something just acrid and burning.

My best guess would be that you burned up a servo somewhere. This is a common issue with Spooky games and creates a strong acrid smell. On the old PinHeck boards, this could also cause lockups and other strange issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing here.

#5565 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct.
I actually need to make mine tighter here.
I'm not into fake staging.

Thanks! I’ll work on bending that one in today. I appreciate the help.

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

My best guess would be that you burned up a servo somewhere. This is a common issue with Spooky games and creates a strong acrid smell. On the old PinHeck boards, this could also cause lockups and other strange issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing here.

Interesting. The game functions fine after a reboot. I wonder if that’s something the logs would be able to report?

#5567 1 year ago

311 CE butter arrived today. Looks great. On 3rd ball, it disappeared into the lower of the two mini playfields and didn’t kick out. No ball search so after 1-2 mins I turned it off. Waited a few more turned it back on. Now it just stays stuck on calibrating switches during boot up. This is my 1st spooky game. Is there something I should be doing differently? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

I had to adjust that switch out of box on mine.

#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Interesting. The game functions fine after a reboot. I wonder if that’s something the logs would be able to report?

I will give our service guy a call and let him know! I'm guessing he's having a bit of trouble figuring it out as it appears to he a super odd issue. If I had to take a guess I would suspect a bad barrel plug powering the PC in the backbox. No worries we will get it fixed up!

#5569 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I will give our service guy a call and let him know! I'm guessing he's having a bit of trouble figuring it out as it appears to he a super odd issue. If I had to take a guess I would suspect a bad barrel plug powering the PC in the backbox. No worries we will get it fixed up!

Thank you, Luke. I love the game, and I know you guys are working very hard. But when you’re talking about an electrical short and the smell of something burning in a new machine - we need to get it sorted.

I have a copy of the logs immediately after this video. Just LMK.

#5570 1 year ago

Have you checked if a coil is locked on?

Common cause of burning smells.

#5571 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

That is a GREAT idea... thanks

Did that method work or Did you melt the upper playfield and the paint?

#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Did that method work or Did you melt the upper playfield and the paint?

Remove the resin part from the machine first, then heat it with the hair blower or heat gun until it softens a bit, not melting soft. Keep the heat back 10-12 inches from the piece while heating it.

It worked for me.

#5573 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Thank you, Luke. I love the game, and I know you guys are working very hard. But when you’re talking about an electrical short and the smell of something burning in a new machine - we need to get it sorted.
I have a copy of the logs immediately after this video. Just LMK.

Of course. No problem at all!

#5574 1 year ago

Anyone experience random shipping BS? My distro warned that some weird things have been happening. Shippers not calling ahead, damaged games without damaged boxes, unusual stuff.

#5575 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anyone experience random shipping BS? My distro warned that some weird things have been happening. Shippers not calling ahead, damaged games without damaged boxes, unusual stuff.

If it's from Joe he sends that every time and has for a while now. I've had no issues but there is always a possibility. If there is any damage on the box or the tip and tell shows a tip, crack it open and make sure all looks ok before the driver leaves and before signing.

#5576 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

If it's from Joe he sends that every time and has for a while now. I've had no issues but there is always a possibility. If there is any damage on the box or the tip and tell shows a tip, crack it open and make sure all looks ok before the driver leaves and before signing.

The cool thing about how spooky boxes are made, you can just cut the straps and lift the whole box of the pallet, and inspect
Its easy to do it right then and there

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Had the same warning but arrived perfect and on time. Only small item no call 30 mins out but whatever that's no big deal to me I was home anyway

#5578 1 year ago

Okay so just had my first “breakout game!” Holy wow that was fun!! There was a great song blaring/lights flashing/Titties flopping!! This game kicks some serious Ass!

F04A3670-6505-4F05-8FF3-A4BE5C8A4456 (resized).jpegF04A3670-6505-4F05-8FF3-A4BE5C8A4456 (resized).jpeg
#5579 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Okay so just had my first “breakout game!” Holy wow that was fun!! There was a great song blaring/lights flashing/Titties flopping!! This game kicks some serious Ass!
[quoted image]

Hahahahahahaha

#5581 1 year ago

$500.00 “show demo special” is normal at all pinball shows I have been to.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…even Spooky themselves are selling these games at discounted prices at MGC? Hmmm…
[quoted image][quoted image]

#5582 1 year ago

Come on man... we drive all over the country often 15 hours+. We bring show games to let people enjoy all weekend and knock $500 off so that we don't have to load 300lb games back up at 10pm Sunday night to get back and work Monday. They often get 500+ plays in a weekend. We have done this with every single title in the history of Spooky pinball.

#5583 1 year ago

I got to play the show game today and it was awesome. This was the first time I got to play and it made me super excited to drive out to pick up my machine. Props to you guys, I am stoked to get this home.

#5584 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

$500.00 “show demo special” is normal at all pinball shows I have been to.

Agreed, not only manufacturers but even the vendors; Cointaker, Marco etc. It's been happening for years, makes sense.
I don't typically make it to these shows but I get the Marco emails pre-selling these spots leading up to every show. Personally I am going to spend the $500 to get NIB but there are a lot of people who buy these up.

#5585 1 year ago

#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Updated code and still the same... stuck in "calibrating switches".

Also, the ball that was in play when I started with the issues was in the scoop in the middle / lower mini playfield and never came out. No ball search or anything. I shut it off and did manage to remove with a magnet.

Any other ideas?

#5587 1 year ago

Uhh reading this thread and knowing my friends are having issues with their games too SPOOKY should be ashamed of themselves for letting all these games leave the factory with so many issues

#5588 1 year ago

Mines on the way. Fingers crossed. AVLE put me off NIB, and that was 10 years ago! Bad QC is such a drag. Hope mine isn’t a shitshow.

#5589 1 year ago

Also, the ball that was in play when I started with the issues was in the scoop in the middle / lower mini playfield and never came out. No ball search or anything. I shut it off and did manage to remove with a magnet.
Any other ideas?

Just a thought but have you checked that nothing is obstructing any of the opto's? Maybe if thee is one slightly out of alignment or blocked somehow it's hanging on that switch?

#5590 1 year ago

Any other ideas?

Middle scoop is switch actuated so the switch is probably just a tiny bit out of adjustment!

#5591 1 year ago

Hi all, just joined the club today and this is my first pin so I’m a complete newbie. I picked up a gently used (looks to be in perfect condition) and I noticed my topper isn’t working when I set it up. Upon further inspection one of the wires (pink) came off the connection likely due to my 5 year old aggressively ripping the wrap off the machine.

Is this wire just soldered on?

C1C6E5DA-EE52-4027-8A5B-14F21B49D824 (resized).pngC1C6E5DA-EE52-4027-8A5B-14F21B49D824 (resized).png
#5592 1 year ago

Yep. Just clean the end of the wire and tab of the old solder, flux and re-solder. You should be good to to.

#5593 1 year ago

Sorry, another really stupid question. Is there a proper way to shut off the machine? Now that these new machines are like computers I’m wondering if using the power switch at any time is still ok like on the older machines.

#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

...I’m wondering if using the power switch at any time is still ok like on the older machines.

still the way to go

#5595 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Middle scoop is switch actuated so the switch is probably just a tiny bit out of adjustment!

Am I understanding correctly that 1 switch not working will prevent the entire game from starting up? -=Calibrating Switches=- message just stays on.

With the pf up the switch physically appears to work as intended. Minimal travel and it will “click”. Seems like there is something else preventing this game from starting

#5596 1 year ago

Question, not sure if it was already covered or not. With software version 1.06b we were playing a four player game and the first player dropped all the drop targets. The targets don't reset player to player and stood down for all three balls for all four players. Is this a software bug or by design?

#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Question, not sure if it was already covered or not. With software version 1.06b we were playing a four player game and the first player dropped all the drop targets. The targets don't reset player to player and stood down for all three balls for all four players. Is this a software bug or by design?

That cant be by design. Each new game should begin the same.

#5598 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That cant be by design. Each new game should begin the same.

I agree 100%, has anyone else noticed this. In fact other then the start of a new game even on single player, they don't reset there as well.

#5599 1 year ago

Anybody having an issue with the Judith Myers ball releasing and going sdtm? Any way to stop this?

#5600 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Anybody having an issue with the Judith Myers ball releasing and going sdtm? Any way to stop this?

I find that a good timed bump at release stops this 95% of the time…I figure all part of figuring out how to beat the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,963 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.