20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 339.
#5501 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

My lockbar and side rails as of this morning. I have about 600 plays on the machine since receiving it in February.
I just tried using a little lemon juice on a cotton ball to try and clean the right side of the lockbar. It had absolutely no effect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The finish is clearly defective. It is good to hear they will experiment with some different clear products, but I am curious to know how things will be remedied for the existing owners. Just a suggestion for what it's worth. Option to either ship your armor back for recoating, or a sufficient rebate to have it done locally. $200-ish seems to be the going rate. I think most would be probably be satisfied with that.

#5502 1 year ago

Couldn't help but notice that Spooky Pinball did not have a Wikipedia entry. Just a link to a defunct webpage. So, I took the liberty of creating one. Obviously, this is just bare bones before fleshing it out.

Want to expand out the Halloween entry. Is there anywhere with more information about the development of the game, and other verifiable information one could reference on the site?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spooky_Pinball?venotify=created

#5503 1 year ago

Has this clear coat issue been seen at all on Ultraman? I lurk in here because its much more active but have not seen any reports of similar on Ultraman games.

#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Has this clear coat issue been seen at all on Ultraman? I lurk in here because its much more active but have not seen any reports of similar on Ultraman games.

Ultraman is not the vein powdercoat though. My Um is fine being the smooth blue. I am guessing that is why 99% of the RM are fine as they are all the smooth purple.

#5505 1 year ago

First setting to be adjusted : Adult to "on"

#5506 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

First setting to be adjusted : Adult to "on"

Haven't seen anything that interesting with it turned to on

Second setting is light strip power power way down; although it doesn't seem to make a diff'rence

#5507 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haven't seen anything that interesting with it turned to on

Lies!!!

When do I hear "don't fear the reaper"? If I have to complete more than one mode I'm doomed. I suck pretty bad.

#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I vote for SOL. Also the lock down bar. Best solution 2k max clear coat.

I picked up a two pack from amazon of course the instructions were not in English and the only visible instruction with pictures on the label bottom, they covered up with their stock labels lol.

#5509 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Lies!!!
When do I hear "don't fear the reaper"? If I have to complete more than one mode I'm doomed. I suck pretty bad.

Jack O' Lantern MB which I believe is after 3 Modes? It says on the screen when picking a mode on the right.

Don;t know if adult mode is coded?

#5510 1 year ago

Just a data point - here's mine which I've had since early November and is probably closing in on 1000 plays. It's not as bad as some, but noticeable.

Halloween (resized).jpgHalloween (resized).jpg
#5511 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

This. Look, mine came without a coinbox or the topper parts. It has to be reset several times a day if played heavily. Balls get stuck more than any pin I own, including my TNG machine.
But it’s still a FANTASTIC game. I have zero regrets about purchasing.</blockquot

My lockbar and side rails as of this morning. I have about 600 plays on the machine since receiving it in February.
I just tried using a little lemon juice on a cotton ball to try and clean the right side of the lockbar. It had absolutely no effect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those pictures definitely look like wear/rub. If you look in the darker areas you can see larger spacing between the hammered gold areas.

I have dealt with powdering coatings in the past, but I am not an expert. It almost looks like a curing issue. Pretty clearly the areas where there is contact with skin. Kinda like the oils in the skin are softening the top coats and allowing the powder to wear/rub. If earlier versions are not doing this I would argue that this is a QC issue. Something isn't right with the powder coaters 1) powder 2) prep 3) equipment.

#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Couldn't help but notice that Spooky Pinball did not have a Wikipedia entry. Just a link to a defunct webpage. So, I took the liberty of creating one. Obviously, this is just bare bones before fleshing it out.
Want to expand out the Halloween entry. Is there anywhere with more information about the development of the game, and other verifiable information one could reference on the site?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spooky_Pinball?venotify=created

And now I get to fight the Wikipedia editors. Need to flesh this out. We’ll get it there.

Y’all, there is precious little out there about Spooky. SpookyLuke and @spookybug, you need to do more press about your games!

Anything fellow Pinsiders can point me to showing the history of Spooky or coverage of the games would be appreciated.

#5513 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Those pictures definitely look like wear/rub. If you look in the darker areas you can see larger spacing between the hammered gold areas.
I have dealt with powdering coatings in the past, but I am not an expert. It almost looks like a curing issue. Pretty clearly the areas where there is contact with skin. Kinda like the oils in the skin are softening the top coats and allowing the powder to wear/rub. If earlier versions are not doing this I would argue that this is a QC issue. Something isn't right with the powder coaters 1) powder 2) prep 3) equipment.

I have a powder coating oven I use while restoring Porsches. It’s definitely a curing issue.

#5514 1 year ago

Watch the Documentary!

https://vimeo.com/213474512

Quoted from BriannaWu:

And now I get to fight the Wikipedia editors. Need to flesh this out. We’ll get it there.
Y’all, there is precious little out there about Spooky. SpookyLuke and SpookyBug, you need to do more press about your games!
Anything fellow Pinsiders can point me to showing the history of Spooky or coverage of the games would be appreciated.

#5515 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I have a powder coating oven I use while restoring Porsches. It’s definitely a curing issue.

Like I said before most likely the powder coater rushed them. I still love the pin though and no regrets getting it.

#5516 1 year ago

Thought you were making a joke.... I know I've seen some boobage during one of the modes. I didnt' think that would happen without enabling adult mode.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Don;t know if adult mode is coded?

#5517 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thought you were making a joke.... I know I've seen some boobage during one of the modes. I didnt' think that would happen without enabling adult mode.

Huh...I've been looking for it in Bob & Linda and haven;t seen it yet. Probably another mode running screwing things up per usual.

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh...I've been looking for it in Bob & Linda and haven;t seen it yet. Probably another mode running screwing things up per usual.

It's in there but I believe there is a specific order of shots to be completed for that video to play.

#5519 1 year ago

Adult mode = Lynda flashes her hoots.

Once you’re clear of the upper playfield, you’ll need to complete some standups and the ramp. She’ll do her thing once you complete the second to last shot.

If you’re busy trying not to die, the associated callout is, “See anything you like?”

Great mode

#5520 1 year ago

You have to beat the mode to see it. Youre prob too busy trying too peep titties to complete the mode successfully haha.

Quoted from TheLaw:

#5521 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You have to beat the mode to see it. Your prob too busy trying too peep titties to complete the mode successfully haha.

Ha, sd far as I know it end on the scoop (?) which I have done a few time and haven't seen it.
I assumed it would come after the crossover shot when held my magnet but not there either. Guess ill just play more.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Once you’re clear of the upper playfield, you’ll need to complete some standups and the ramp. She’ll do her thing once you complete the second to last shot.
If you’re busy trying not to die, the associated callout is, “See anything you like?”
Great mode

Sorry read your post after, thanks!

#5522 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

The documentary is great. Watched in anticipation of receiving game #257. Just made me all the more eager to get the game!

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

The documentary is great. Watched in anticipation of receiving game #257. Just made me all the more eager to get the game!

Thank you for posting that!! That was great to watch. Great story.

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry read your post after, thanks!

Mission accomplished!

#5525 1 year ago

Well I posted a poll asking if anyone is having issues or not with the gold powder coat. Looks like it’s been deleted. Guess some moderator is a big fan boy and can’t point out anything negative.

What a bunch of crap. I love the game but the gold vein powder coat is a big issue and I wanted to get an idea how widespread it is or not. I didn’t bash spooky at all in that poll. Thanks for the censorship because you didn’t like the truth.

#5526 1 year ago

Fake news Delete

#5527 1 year ago

Well I posted a poll asking if anyone is having issues or not with the gold powder coat. Looks like it’s been deleted. Guess some moderator is a big fan boy and can’t point out anything negative.
What a bunch of crap. I love the game but the gold vein powder coat is a big issue and I wanted to get an idea how widespread it is or not. I didn’t bash spooky at all in that poll. Thanks for the censorship because you didn’t like the truth.

It's still there in the Manufacturer/Spooky forum. Now you have to apologize to the mods
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gold-powder-coat-issues-with-halloween-ce

#5528 1 year ago

Just got the tracking to #579! On its way to Canada! Super pumped, should be here next Wednesday.

#5529 1 year ago

Nothing has been deleted.

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It's still there in the Manufacturer/Spooky forum. Now you have to apologize to the mods
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gold-powder-coat-issues-with-halloween-ce

I literally deleted my post a few seconds after I found it in my history and yes I will apologize. I apologize. I did a forum search and it wasn’t there.

I am apologizing not because you told me to btw. It’s the right thing to do since I replied so fast to my post.

#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nothing has been deleted.

Again I apologize. I did a forum search and it wasn’t there. I jumped the gun and deleted my post a few seconds after I found my poll post.

#5532 1 year ago

You actually cannot delete posts in here. You have to edit the post and replace with /deleted

Again I apologize. I did a forum search and it wasn’t there. I jumped the gun and deleted my post a few seconds after I found my poll post.

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

How did you move the flooring up? I am having the same issue, I loosen the screws, works for a bit, then sticks again... so I tighten the screws, and it works for a bit, then it sticks. Getting tired of opening the glass and ruining a bunch of games. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

I ended up taking a Dremel tool with circular sanding bit. Made the hole bigger. I did remove the flooring to do this. It's make of solid resin.

#5534 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Great mode

The irony of it being called adult mode, when it seems aimed at 13-year-old boys, haha.

#5535 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Just got the tracking to #579! On its way to Canada! Super pumped, should be here next Wednesday.

Nice - did you go butter or non? I'm 597 right behind you.

#5536 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

The irony of it being called adult mode, when it seems aimed at 13-year-old boys, haha.

In my 40's. Still not bored of seeing boobs.

#5537 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Well I keep trying to show naked videos to minors, but it really isn't going over well.

#5538 1 year ago

Well….
I’m a painting call contractor and 98% of the time everything is great and looks outstanding! I’ve had a few hiccups over the years with paint bubbling or not adhering correctly. In these cases, I’ve completely scraped/stripped/cleaned an entire wall and repainted it. Just something I do out of respect for the customer and my piece of mind.

#5539 1 year ago

But then again, as someone suggested..,
200 rebate @ 1250 games…..is not a good looking outlook at 250k!!

#5540 1 year ago
Quoted from jjmf:

Nice - did you go butter or non? I'm 597 right behind you.

Non butter for me! Yourself?

#5541 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Set up #410 yesterday and I'm gonna have to eat some crow regarding my initial worries about NIB issues.
Played a solid 20 games or so and everything worked perfectly. All the upper PF's work great... no hangups... no weird flipper stuff... no crashes... the topper works... came with knife shooter and a fully lit Hedge Multiball insert... lifters work great... both ramps are easy to hit... Michael figures work great... all I had to do was level, add balls and play.
Liking the variety of the modes (they make you shoot all over the playfield) and interesting ball paths. Lighting, ambience, and a lot of the sound is top notch. Game looks/feels sturdy and very well built. Looks great in person, really nice detailing on the upper playfields.
Audio levels still need some love for sure, Fear the Reaper came on and I could barely hear it... some audio clips get cut off mid-word... but confident that'll all get polished once the content is all in place.
Looking forward to future updates, and again just wanted to share a positive unboxing experience and say cheers to Spooky on sending me a fun and solid playing game.
Lastly, the fine folks at Buffalo Pinball will be streaming this at my place on the Bro Show™ tomorrow at 8pm btw if you'd like to see it in action btw!
[quoted image]

Enjoyed the stream, hope the diverter was an easy fix for you. I knew straight away after you cleared the ball and it went into the house when it shouldn’t have there was something wrong with it.
Can’t wait to get mine and play but hopefully not have to fix it too much, although I do like problem solving.

#5542 1 year ago

Mine looks great after 200 plays. Game 439 for anyone who cares

#5543 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Enjoyed the stream, hope the diverter was an easy fix for you. I knew straight away after you cleared the ball and it went into the house when it shouldn’t have there was something wrong with it.
Can’t wait to get mine and play but hopefully not have to fix it too much, although I do like problem solving.

Thanks!

Yeah it wasn't a hard fix... toughest part was finding the metal diverter piece which kind of wedged itself somewhere, but that's my fault for playing through and letting the ball knock it around after it came loose. Found a couple extra servo screws (no idea where the original went, it's tiny!) in the goody bag and applied some loctite so should be nice and secure now. So far that's the only issue I've had *furiously knocks on wood*

Enjoy your game. I think it's great fun and regardless what kind of issue pops up Spooky has outstanding support so you're covered.

#5544 1 year ago

My #513 is inbound next week. Can't Wait!

#5545 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Non butter for me! Yourself?

Opted for the butter - looking forward to it!

#5546 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

But then again, as someone suggested..,
200 rebate @ 1250 games…..is not a good looking outlook at 250k!!

When Stern had the issue with ghosting inserts they did not offer new populated playfields to everyone. You had to prove you were one of the affected owners. Spooky could do something similar. It is unlikely all 1250 Halloweens have a defective powdercoat. It may only be a minority of owners.

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

How did you move the flooring up? I am having the same issue, I loosen the screws, works for a bit, then sticks again... so I tighten the screws, and it works for a bit, then it sticks. Getting tired of opening the glass and ruining a bunch of games. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Another method you can try is if you have a hot air gun or air blower. Set the heat up, warm the resin a bit that it becomes softer to move, get a shot glass or something etc... that is slightly larger then the pinball and while it's hot spread it open place it in the channel until it cools. Hopefully it retains it wider gap now.

#5548 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Another method you can try is if you have a hot air gun or air blower. Set the heat up, warm the resin a bit that it becomes softer to move, get a shot glass or something etc... that is slightly larger then the pinball and while it's hot spread it open place it in the channel until it cools. Hopefully it retains it wider gap now.

That is a GREAT idea... thanks

#5549 1 year ago

#403 butter through PinballStar shipped 4/27 with delivery scheduled for 5/2.

#5550 1 year ago

311 CE butter arrived today. Looks great. On 3rd ball, it disappeared into the lower of the two mini playfields and didn’t kick out. No ball search so after 1-2 mins I turned it off. Waited a few more turned it back on. Now it just stays stuck on calibrating switches during boot up. This is my 1st spooky game. Is there something I should be doing differently? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/111?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.