20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 339.
#5451 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

PIZZA J !
967 Westminster St
Providence, RI
We’re got STH JP DP GZ TMNT AIQ GOTG Rush and Mando. All clean and playing very well, come on down and check it out. Great food and excellent beer program!
Also,
-NEPL ( New England pinball league)
starts up Sunday May 8th 6pm
-Belles and Chimes women’s leagues meets every second Tuesday 6pm
-CRAP league (Connecticut and RI area pinball haha) begins in July on Monday nights.

[quoted image]

Taking a trip to Cape Cod in July...may have to venture off and visit.

#5452 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

PIZZA J !
967 Westminster St
Providence, RI
We’re got STH JP DP GZ TMNT AIQ GOTG Rush and Mando. All clean and playing very well, come on down and check it out. Great food and excellent beer program!
Also,
-NEPL ( New England pinball league)
starts up Sunday May 8th 6pm
-Belles and Chimes women’s leagues meets every second Tuesday 6pm
-CRAP league (Connecticut and RI area pinball haha) begins in July on Monday nights.

[quoted image]

I don’t know. It will be hard to sell my husband on an evening of pinball, pizza, and beer. Let me see what I can do, haha.

#5453 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

It will be hard to sell my husband on an evening of pinball, pizza, and beer. Let me see what I can do, haha.

Assure him, that under no circumstances, will there be beer.

#5454 1 year ago

Set up #410 yesterday and I'm gonna have to eat some crow regarding my initial worries about NIB issues.

Played a solid 20 games or so and everything worked perfectly. All the upper PF's work great... no hangups... no weird flipper stuff... no crashes... the topper works... came with knife shooter and a fully lit Hedge Multiball insert... lifters work great... both ramps are easy to hit... Michael figures work great... all I had to do was level, add balls and play.

Liking the variety of the modes (they make you shoot all over the playfield) and interesting ball paths. Lighting, ambience, and a lot of the sound is top notch. Game looks/feels sturdy and very well built. Looks great in person, really nice detailing on the upper playfields.

Audio levels still need some love for sure, Fear the Reaper came on and I could barely hear it... some audio clips get cut off mid-word... but confident that'll all get polished once the content is all in place.

Looking forward to future updates, and again just wanted to share a positive unboxing experience and say cheers to Spooky on sending me a fun and solid playing game.

Lastly, the fine folks at Buffalo Pinball will be streaming this at my place on the Bro Show™ tomorrow at 8pm btw if you'd like to see it in action btw!
IMG_8593 copy.pngIMG_8593 copy.png

#5455 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Set up #410 yesterday and I'm gonna have to eat some crow regarding my initial worries about NIB issues.
Played a solid 20 games or so and everything worked perfectly. All the upper PF's work great... no hangups... no weird flipper stuff... no crashes... the topper works... came with knife shooter and a fully lit Hedge Multiball insert... lifters work great... both ramps are easy to hit... Michael figures work great... all I had to do was level, add balls and play.
Liking the variety of the modes (they make you shoot all over the playfield) and interesting ball paths. Lighting, ambience, and a lot of the sound is top notch. Game looks/feels sturdy and very well built. Looks great in person, really nice detailing on the upper playfields.
Audio levels still need some love for sure, Fear the Reaper came on and I could barely hear it... some audio clips get cut off mid-word... but confident that'll all get polished once the content is all in place.
Looking forward to future updates, and again just wanted to share a positive unboxing experience and say cheers to Spooky on sending me a fun and solid playing game.
Lastly, the fine folks at Buffalo Pinball will be streaming this at my place on the Bro Show™ tomorrow at 8pm btw if you'd like to see it in action btw!
[quoted image]

Great post! Would love to see more of these

#5456 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Did you update and make sure you're on the new 'b' code? That can clear up audio issues...among other things.

#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did you update and make sure you're on the new 'b' code? That can clear up audio issues...among other things.

I know for sure when mine was delivered a week ago #335, it did indeed have 1.06b installed.

#5458 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I know for sure when mine was delivered a week ago #335, it did indeed have 1.06b installed.

I was 369 9 days ago and either mine wasn't updated, or the code was very corrupt.
After updating I can't recall having any audio issue; so at least its an option to check if the problem persists

#5459 1 year ago

[quoted image]

#414 just left Benton on its way to the left coast yesterday. So guessing sometime next week I should be getting mine. Glad to hear one of the good unboxings... Most just go unsaid which has everyone nervous due to the ones with issues being mostly reported. Cant wait to get this one!

#5460 1 year ago

I need to nab a Sopranos machine someday!

[quoted image]

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I need to nab a Sopranos machine someday!

Such a great machine. I like that its fairly easy. Makes me feel like I'm a slightly above terrible player.

#5462 1 year ago

A little $20 mod...

And I changed out the LED bulbs along the back, replacing one of the red bulbs with an amber bulb. I think it adds a bit more color, especially to the art work on the back wall.

Roof_1 (resized).jpgRoof_1 (resized).jpgBack_Wall (resized).jpgBack_Wall (resized).jpg
#5463 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

A little $20 mod...
And I changed out the LED bulbs along the back, replacing one of the red bulbs with an amber bulb. I think it adds a bit more color, especially to the art work on the back wall.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha I appreciate the creativity but you need the rest of that house!

#5464 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I’m happy to hear you’re getting any new games as I know you’ve been waiting forever on alien. Glad to hear the experience is positive thus far!

#5465 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

A little $20 mod...
[quoted image][quoted image]

What does the front of the house look like? Having the power cord showing like that would drive me nuts.

#5466 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits: Lastly, the fine folks at Buffalo Pinball will be streaming this at my place on the Bro Show™ tomorrow at 8pm btw if you'd like to see it in action btw!
[quoted image]

You have superb taste. I love that era of Sterns. Their best era.

#5467 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What does the front of the house look like? Having the power cord showing like that would drive me nuts.

There is no front, just the roof.

And the "power cord" is for the optical sensor on the bridge. Can't do much about it.

#5468 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:If so, here is the write up:
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein#collapse4464
It clearly states that it should be hit with a clear powder for best protection. Spooky is spraying them with clear coat which isn’t the same. The manufacturer recommends PSS-2974 for a top coat. It is an automotive grade clear powder. Put that on the armor and I think the problem is fixed.
[quoted image]

Do you think spooky will send everyone new side rails that are done correctly? Or are we s.o.l

#5469 1 year ago

I'm losing my mind waiting for this game! Ever since I picked up an ACNC back in December I've been a huuuuuuge Spooky fan. So much in fact - I hunted down and received my second yesterday and my Spooky collection is up to 2!

I also have Alien LV and Deadpool premium coming next month - 2 more utterly brilliant games - but I've still found myself most eager for Halloween.

I keep banging on about it non-stop, but come on Spooky, show us Aussies some love and get that container out! Pleeeeeaaasssee...

20220428_100258 (resized).jpg20220428_100258 (resized).jpg
#5470 1 year ago

An interesting shot I have done twice (by accident/luck) is hitting the middle drop skill shot then going though that gap and up the center ramp directly starts house mode.

For those getting wired because of the out of box deficiencies, add one more to the "no mechanical problems" file.

#5471 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

There is no front, just the roof.
And the "power cord" is for the optical sensor on the bridge. Can't do much about it.

Bummer. Nice cheap mod.

#5472 1 year ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Do you think spooky will send everyone new side rails that are done correctly? Or are we s.o.l

I vote for SOL. Also the lock down bar. Best solution 2k max clear coat.

#5473 1 year ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I think we're SOL. Spooky still has not responded to my email and they have remained silent on the issue here.

#5474 1 year ago

It's a wear item and Spooky aint talking so I would just get some rattle clear already.

#5475 1 year ago

Is there anyway you can clean the discoloration on the rails? Or has the paint actually worn off (seems unlikely).

#5476 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Or has the paint actually worn off (seems unlikely).

It's not paint, it's powder. And it's wearing off.

#5477 1 year ago

The gold on the left side of my lockbar is completely gone. The right side is not far behind. Each rail has black areas that grow in size each day. This, two months after taking ownership.

This is not normal wear and tear. Powder-coating, by definition, is more resistant to damage caused by impact, moisture, chemicals, ultraviolet light, and other extreme weather conditions. In turn, this reduces the risk of scratches, chipping, abrasions, corrosion, fading, and other wear issues.

The powder-coating that Spooky is providing on these machines is NOT durable, NOT resistant to chemicals (skin oils), and is NOT resistant to corrosion or fading.

Spooky needs to acknowledge the problem and fix it. If they are not going to fix it, they need to say so and not keep silent on the issue.

#5478 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Powder-coating, by definition, is more resistant to damage caused by impact, moisture, chemicals, ultraviolet light, and other extreme weather conditions. In turn, this reduces the risk of scratches, chipping, abrasions, corrosion, fading, and other wear issues.

Well now this is getting interesting. So this isn't powder coat?

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

The gold on the left side of my lockbar is completely gone. The right side is not far behind. Each rail has black areas that grow in size each day. This, two months after taking ownership.
This is not normal wear and tear. Powder-coating, by definition, is more resistant to damage caused by impact, moisture, chemicals, ultraviolet light, and other extreme weather conditions. In turn, this reduces the risk of scratches, chipping, abrasions, corrosion, fading, and other wear issues.
The powder-coating that Spooky is providing on these machines is NOT durable, NOT resistant to chemicals (skin oils), and is NOT resistant to corrosion or fading.
Spooky needs to acknowledge the problem and fix it. If they are not going to fix it, they need to say so and not keep silent on the issue.

I think you will be taken care of in some fashion and they will address it soon. My guess as to why they've been silent lately is they are busting ass right now trying to catch up on getting games out because of the backlog the parts shortage caused.

#5480 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not paint, it's powder.

That’s what I meant. Has the powder worn off?

Quoted from John_C:

So the crinkly powder stuff has fallen off and now just the smooth metal of the rails/lockdown is left? Or is it discolouration?

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So the crinkly powder stuff has fallen off and now just the smooth metal of the rails/lockdown is left? Or is it discolouration?

It's some kind of chemical reaction that has softened and turned the gold completely black. Instead of a veiny look, the ends of my lock bar have taken on a glossy black orange peel appearance.

#5482 1 year ago

I've been reading a lot about how the gold color is achieved in powder coats. It seems that it is usually a combination of copper and zinc powder. The interesting thing is both metals are cleaned differently. That being said, there is one cleaner that does seem to work on both. It is citrus juice - namely lemon. Anyone brave enough to give it a try and report back?

#5483 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Pics? Would like to see how bad yours is.And yeah this is not powder coating. It’s supposed to stand up to ware and tear, oils ect. So far no more gold loss after I applied 2k max clear.

#5484 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I've been reading a lot about how the gold color is achieved in powder coats. It seems that it is usually a combination of copper and zinc powder. The interesting thing is both metals are cleaned differently. That being said, there is one cleaner that does seem to work on both. It is citrus juice - namely lemon. Anyone brave enough to give it a try and report back?

I used electrical contact cleaner, which is pretty much isopropyl alcohol in a can, and I wiped it and some of the gold and black came off. So I would not use ANY metal prep cleaner if you want to clear coat it.

The side armor is definitely not as protected and sealed like the apron is, at least on mine.

#5485 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I used electrical contact cleaner, which is pretty much isopropyl alcohol in a can.

While I've read some contact cleaners may use alcohol, isopropyl alcohol and CRC contact cleaner are very different when cleaning the aftermarket STh screen (of adhesive)--alcohol destroys the screen, and contact cleaner works great. Perhaps irrelevant.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm losing my mind waiting for this game! Ever since I picked up an ACNC back in December I've been a huuuuuuge Spooky fan. So much in fact - I hunted down and received my second yesterday and my Spooky collection is up to 2!
I also have Alien LV and Deadpool premium coming next month - 2 more utterly brilliant games - but I've still found myself most eager for Halloween.
I keep banging on about it non-stop, but come on Spooky, show us Aussies some love and get that container out! Pleeeeeaaasssee...
[quoted image]

Spooky games have been unfairly panned IMO. RZ and AMH are also great games.

Looking forward to Halloween

#5486 1 year ago

Sadly this morning just noticed my right side side rail is showing the dreaded black from powdercoat wearing off UGH. I really thought I got lucky as I have over 800 plays now and it makes me not want to play it as I worry it will just get worse and worse.i feel this will be the straw that broke the camels back on this game for spooky as I truly adore this game but not everyone agrees. And I'm a OCD collector that wants my game too look pristine especially being NIB and I wax my games regularly. Such a damn shame.

#5487 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Sadly this morning just noticed my right side side rail is showing the dreaded black from powdercoat wearing off UGH. I really thought I got lucky as I have over 800 plays now and it makes me not want to play it as I worry it will just get worse and worse.i feel this will be the straw that broke the camels back on this game for spooky as I truly adore this game but not everyone agrees. And I'm a OCD collector that wants my game too look pristine especially being NIB and I wax my games regularly. Such a damn shame.

This 100%.

#5488 1 year ago

I'm gonna put in a claim this afternoon and will post pictures but sure does not look promising as I see others saying they are not responding to them and they sure have been quiet here lately. Just sucks as this is a truly keeper game for me. And may just rip all the trim off and do a different color powdercoat like orange.

#5489 1 year ago

It looks like Buffalo Pinball is doing a stream of Halloween tonight at 8pm EST.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bro-do-you-even-pinball-weekly-livestream-thurs-8-pm-eastern/page/17#post-6903803

#5490 1 year ago

I would bet that the reason they are quiet is they are busting ass on code and a solution for the powder coat. Spooky has a long record of making it right and I don’t think it will stop with this game.

I'm gonna put in a claim this afternoon and will post pictures but sure does not look promising as I see others saying they are not responding to them and they sure have been quiet here lately. Just sucks as this is a truly keeper game for me. And may just rip all the trim off and do a different color powdercoat like orange.

#5491 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Same situation from my delivery Monday. Even the main ramp reject topic. Just doesn't happen much to me on a good flip. Love the feel of this game overall. Only small gripe is the code needs some work and the elevator takes a little time to get ball back. Honestly it's not even that bad just a minor thought. Love it so far...I just got a hobbit like 2 weeks ago and not sure which I like better so far. Very different games.

#5492 1 year ago

Your lucky mine started coming off at around 55 plays. Right side worse than left.

#5493 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would bet that the reason they are quiet is they are busting ass on code and a solution for the powder coat. Spooky has a long record of making it right and I don’t think it will stop with this game.

Absolutely and fingers crossed. Cant wait for the new code too drop.

#5494 1 year ago

If I go that route I will do burnt orange metallic.

#5495 1 year ago

Since others have posted the same outcome on R&M and ACNC, I doubt anything will be done about the Powdercoat situation unfortunately.

#5496 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I try to mainly post when I have good news to bring lol! Going to try some different clear. Will take a long time to know the true results though as many times it takes 6 months before oxidation shows. Code is not far out! Going to be another really fun update. Lack of posting is this place is an absolute madhouse right now! Tons of games getting completed, orders flying in and out, code going on multiple games. Equipment all running on full blast. Over 40 employees now putting together games for you guys! Loading up for MGC this weekend and crossing the country to Allentown the next! This is going to be one wild year for sure.

#5497 1 year ago

My lockbar and side rails as of this morning. I have about 600 plays on the machine since receiving it in February.

I just tried using a little lemon juice on a cotton ball to try and clean the right side of the lockbar. It had absolutely no effect.

Powder_Coating_01 (resized).jpgPowder_Coating_01 (resized).jpgPowder_Coating_02 (resized).jpgPowder_Coating_02 (resized).jpg

Powder_Coating_03 (resized).jpgPowder_Coating_03 (resized).jpg
#5498 1 year ago

Crazy.. I have 162 with 800+ plays and still looks new. Something had to have changed.

#5499 1 year ago

I have had one minor issue out of the box and it’s airballs off the middle playfield. I have not seen anyone else having this issue so maybe it’s a one off but other than that mine has played perfect. All the shots are smooth, the middle ramp is working great, no rogue Michaels, and so on. Nothing else in my collection has been on since it’s been home.

My absolute biggest problem I’m having with my machine is that I can’t pull myself away from it. I have been late to work twice this week because I stayed up too late the night before playing “just one more game.”

I’m excited to see where the new code gets too.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

#5500 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

My lockbar and side rails as of this morning. I have about 600 plays on the machine since receiving it in February.
I just tried using a little lemon juice on a cotton ball to try and clean the right side of the lockbar. It had absolutely no effect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I sent ya an email John!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/110?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.