IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 338.
#5401 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

... Halloween is more of once you start a mode another will not until you finish the mode you started...

Actually it's more of a start a mode and
Then stack it with another mode because there is almost no way to not start 2 modes
then it only shows you one mode so you don't know whats happening in the other

This is the major problem with thr game for me. Its the 70s after all...split screen that shit

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I know everyone says this game is going to be great but I’m seriously having my doubts. Every podcast I listen to and every stream I watch when people bring up this game they have nothing good to say.

Its a mixed bag now but it has some really good things going for it.

The pumpkin modes are actually really varied, unique, and fun.
There is a lot of negative shots in the game you need to avoid, which is another cool feature.
Nice risk/reward/rpg elements with spending earned blood droplets for bonii/improvements
Tight fast little layout that packs a lot of stuff in.

There's still a lot of things to work on, and they csn probably fix most of them. Hopefully

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

How long did you let your lockdown bar sit after spraying?

Just 24 hours

#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'd pay less attention to the opinions of others and go with your own impressions. If you can get on one locally, go flip it a bit and find your answer.

Pretty good general advice for life.

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:Much respect to Spooky that you address negative forum posts

I’ve got to second this. AP is the only other manufacturer we see on here any more, and they are just as helpful as Spooky. It does take some tough leather skin to come on here and address the comments made here, but Luke is doing a WAAAAY better job than I would. Can’t wait to get my machine in 2023 LOL

#5406 1 year ago

Can someone tell me where to get this house mod for the upper playfield ramp?

#5407 1 year ago

So from time to time you pop back into this thread looking for some kind of reassurance. What is it that you want to hear? Go play the game if you like it then buy it but if you decide it’s not for you then nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Podcasters exist to get attention so their opinions are about as useful as having a second butthole on your elbow.

Quoted from Pinman502:

I know everyone says this game is going to be great but I’m seriously having my doubts. Every podcast I listen to and every stream I watch when people bring up this game they have nothing good to say.

#5408 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can someone tell me where to get this house mod for the upper playfield ramp?

Vimtoman makes them. Just send him a PM and he’ll put you on the list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-amp-ultraman-mod

#5409 1 year ago

Actually I already am buying it I am number 853. Also there is nowhere even close around me to play it to try it out I wish there was.

#5410 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Actually I already am buying it I am number 853. Also there is nowhere even close around me to play it to try it out I wish there was.

I have been one of the recent people kind of concerned about the quality control quality assurance about the pins and I do believe they are valid concerns. I will say I have played the PIN and it's going to be an amazing pin when all is said and done. It's good to have after the fact service but if the qc/qa was tightened up before the sale we wouldn't need as much service after the fact.

I'm 920 and can't wait.

#5411 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Vimtoman makes them. Just send him a PM and he’ll put you on the list.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-amp-ultraman-mod

Oh awesome, he make awesome stuff, thanks for the info!

#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have been one of the recent people kind of concerned about the quality control quality assurance about the pins and I do believe they are valid concerns. I will say I have played the PIN and it's going to be an amazing pin when all is said and done. It's good to have after the fact service but if the qc/qa was tightened up before the sale we wouldn't need as much service after the fact.
I'm 920 and can't wait.

I'm right after you in the 1000s, i played both Halloween and UM extensively at the Texas Pinball festival - it's going to be hard to wait! Both games were awesome, despite having similar layouts. The rules are fairly similar too, but they didn't feel identical because in UM you are in "fighting" modes aginst other monsters, and Halloween has more achievement based shots.

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Here's a video where you can actual hear the game very well. Playing on location usually means you can barely hear it and not in a dark environment to add to the immersion.

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm 920 and can't wait.

I like hearing this. I've also had some concerns. I got into HWN because I've been very happy with my other Spooky pins and I'm a huge horror movie fan.

A lot of the concerns folks have had around gameplay and uninteresting code concerned me as well. Hearing from folks that say they had concerns, played it, and are now satisfied to wait makes me really happy. I'm number 761 (I think), so I'll have Halloween in summertime.

I think Spooky tends to excel on theme integration, art, callouts, all that kind of thing. I sometimes think their layouts leave something to be desired, but the rest of it really make up for it to me. My issue has been wondering if theme was enough this time to overcome some clunkiness that comes with a non-traditional layout. When you add possible QC issues on top of that, it really makes some folks question if this pin will be all we want it to be.

Overall, I'm not super super worried, and am still looking forward to getting it. But I do understand some folks concern. What I don't understand is when people vehemently start throwing shade on the process and throwing spooky under the bus and announcing doom and gloom on the whole thing. I get we all want an awesome pin. If it doesn't work out for you, just sell your spot and leave. If I ever decide to get out, I'll just sell my spot and move on. I'm not gonna start bad-mouthing Spooky. They are obviously trying to do right by their product. Regardless if they succeed in everyone's eyes, you can't fault them for trying. They truly want to make us all happy and they want us to love their pins.

#5415 1 year ago

My R&M standard is showing the same wear on the armor, barely has 700 plays. So it's not just the gold p/c. Right where my thumb rests so I can attack the anti-gravity button

20220426_103309 (resized).jpg20220426_103309 (resized).jpg

#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

My R&M standard is showing the same wear on the armor, barely has 700 plays. So it's not just the gold p/c. Right where my thumb rests so I can attack the anti-gravity button
[quoted image]

Looks like my Alice Cooper with about the same amount of plays.

#5417 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Looking at the map here on pinside there are 2 pinsiders w this game in the Louisville area. Alternatively take a 2 hour trip to the Pinball Garage in Hamilton, OH and enjoy a pinball afternoon with beer and food.

#5418 1 year ago

Just got the email on #551 is shipping tomorrow.

I have yet to play one ball on this title and can't wait to unbox my first Spooky.

#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Quoted from finnflash:

Looks like my Alice Cooper with about the same amount of plays.

So what this suggests to me is that this powder-coating problem has been an issue for quite some time and that Halloween is just the latest example of a continuing problem of poor finishes that Spooky hasn't addressed.

Am I understanding that right?

#5420 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

So what this suggests to me is that this powder-coating problem has been an issue for quite some time. And yet Spooky appears to continue to use crappy powder-coating on their machines and Halloween is just the latest example.

Powdercoating on my Rick and Morty BSE looks like new.

Some people have caustic sweat and it destroys metals and finishes.
Run across this a lot with guitarists.
My old man can't get more than 2-3 sessions on a set of strings before they turn. I can play on the same strings for months.

#5421 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Powdercoating on my Rick and Morty BSE looks like new.
Some people have caustic sweat and it destroys metals and finishes.
Run across this a lot with guitarists.
My old man can't get more than 2-3 sessions on a set of strings before they turn. I can play on the same strings for months.

My R&M BSE (purple) and ACNC (blue) both look great as well, but they also aren't the powder coating that has the metal veins.
I'm really wondering if the metal vein either needs extra special layers to seal it in.

#5422 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

In in Poland, IN - swing on up.

#5423 1 year ago

Kind of funny..

FB_IMG_1651011204550 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1651011204550 (resized).jpg
#5424 1 year ago

So, my Halloween machine is freezing like crazy, at least once a day. When it’s been sitting a while, and you start a game this happens.

I wrote Spooky today asking for help and didn’t get a response. Do any of you have any ideas? Seems electrical in nature.

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I don’t think anyone does as of now, but later on hopefully. I am #1216. The standard also doesn’t have a speaker lights, pumpkin speaker light covers, knocker or art blades. I’m hoping there are art blades available at some point as well. I already have a knocker to use and will buy a shaker from PBL. Also plan to add a speaker light kit, custom speaker light covers, and custom powder coat. Got the standard mainly to customize it and save a couple bucks.

Yeah I'm trying to save a few too. Kind of what I figured, If I decided I need the other features I can add them later.

#5426 1 year ago

Power cycle is the only option until they fix the bug unfortunately. This is a major concern of mine since mine is going on location.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

So, my Halloween machine is freezing like crazy, at least once a day. When it’s been sitting a while, and you start a game this happens.
I wrote Spooky today asking for help and didn’t get a response. Do any of you have any ideas? Seems electrical in nature.

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Have you tried calling the hotline. I have actually gotten a real person when I called in. Email is more convenient but phone calls usually get dealt with quicker.

#5428 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Power cycle is the only option until they fix the bug unfortunately. This is a major concern of mine since mine is going on location.

I don’t see any way this game could be playable on location in my opinion. It’s too prone to failure, and the last thing you need is the public wailing on it.

#5429 1 year ago

Pinball garage is reporting it’s earning better than GZ - but breaks down all the time

Quoted from BriannaWu:

I don’t see any way this game could be playable on location in my opinion.

#5430 1 year ago

It’s gonna kill at my location. Lots of horror fans and metalheads around here. I’ll just tell the staff to power cycle it twice a day and I’ll do some stuck ball trap prevention. Didn’t seem like the HWN I played at Jackbar had any problems other than the powder coat thing. Played great actually. Anyway…I’m sure it’ll be addressed in future code

Quoted from BriannaWu:

I don’t see any way this game could be playable on location in my opinion.

#5431 1 year ago

Our local location did great, big earnings, used it in the tourney weekly and it worked perfect. But a node burnt out and nobody has any in stock

#5432 1 year ago

So…the game is just sitting dead? Isn’t it under some kind of warranty from Spooky? Why would they not be able to replace the part especially since they are currently producing the game?

Quoted from Morgoth00:

Our local location did great, big earnings, used it in the tourney weekly and it worked perfect. But a node burnt out and nobody has any in stock

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s gonna kill at my location. Lots of horror fans and metalheads around here. I’ll just tell the staff to power cycle it twice a day and I’ll do some stuck ball trap prevention. Didn’t seem like the HWN I played at Jackbar had any problems other than the powder coat thing. Played great actually. Anyway…I’m sure it’ll be addressed in future code

I mean, I bought mine because I played it at Arcade monsters and freaking loved it. Then I kept driving back to play it every day. It’s a fantastic game.

Just saying it’s not a super reliable machine. I’m not even talking about the power cycling - Balls stuck, infinite multiball bugs. I just think a lot would go wrong.

#5434 1 year ago

Why is it taking SPOOKY so LONG to come out with new code for this game if it is so jacked up?

#5435 1 year ago

Things have been quiet and it’s been a bit since the last code update. I have a feeling that we can expect big things in the next patch.

#5436 1 year ago

Can someone please answer
My middle playfield flipper is always flipping along with lower left. Never off.

Upper playfield flipper comes on certain modes using right flipper.

Correct?

Inlane flaps stay up 1/8 inch 70% of the time. Dosnt nessasarily cause ball trap now as I put it up to 7. But they are up. If I push on them they click and lay flat. The sides are not binding on any rubber. I have slingshot post and outside post loose. Otherwise it'll raise more. It's like the metal has formed a slight bend where the screws tighten it down but when finger pressure applied bend pops back to flat. Fixes?

#5437 1 year ago

Well, luckily I live right down the street from my location. I have all brand new Sterns there now that are headache free. So if I have one game in the lineup that I think is cool and I need to spend a bit more time with well…I can live with that.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

I mean, I bought mine because I played it at Arcade monsters and freaking loved it. Then I kept driving back to play it every day. It’s a fantastic game.
Just saying it’s not a super reliable machine. I’m not even talking about the power cycling - Balls stuck, infinite multiball bugs. I just think a lot would go wrong.

#5438 1 year ago

Because coding takes an eternity in general.

Quoted from musketd:

Why is it taking SPOOKY so LONG to come out with new code for this game if it is so jacked up?

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

My middle playfield flipper is always flipping along with lower left. Never off.
Correct?

Correct. Can't answer your second question as I haven't had any flap trouble on either of mine

#5440 1 year ago

Sorry to hear about rhe grief...been away from all my machines for a week, but Halloween was being played pretty much nightly with none of these bizarre issues.

Hopefully a remedy soon...

#5441 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Correct?

Correct.

#5442 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually it's more of a start a mode and
Then stack it with another mode because there is almost no way to not start 2 modes
then it only shows you one mode so you don't know whats happening in the other
This is the major problem with

Or do like Stern did with Batman66 and be able to select the mode you are getting screen feedback from somehow.

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Correct?

Correct. If you've noticed how lightning fast the ball shoots up to the sanitarium (middle) playfield then that answers the question. You would also need to have an opto or switch to sense the transition up that ramp but most importantly it's simply too fast, you need the flipper at the ready.
Regarding the upper playfield, I love that it doesn't flip until ready. I find the second (staged) flip noise a bit much if it were always on. It's also an audible cue for me.

#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Didn't you have your spot listed for sale out of concerns about reliability? Or did you have multiple preorder spots? You are hyping and defending this game a lot for someone who was ready to pull the plug themselves not long ago. I think many of the concerns about build quality are valid. If I get a game with a jacked up cabinet, sloppy decals, disappearing powder coat, out of square pf glass, drifting servos, an impossible scoop, a misaligned ramp diverter, misaligned drop targets, burned out LED strips and the need to climb under the playfield every few games, I can't say I'll be thrilled. I do realize some arrive nearly perfect, but I am burned out with NIB lottery fatigue.

#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well, luckily I live right down the street from my location. I have all brand new Sterns there now that are headache free. So if I have one game in the lineup that I think is cool and I need to spend a bit more time with well…I can live with that.

You’re in Rhode Island? I’m in Dedham, MA, so you’re just 20 minutes away! Which location is yours, if you don’t mind me asking. Maybe Frank and I will drop by!

#5446 1 year ago

Mine was perfect out of box. 3 kids with busy schedules so I've only played like 15 games over two nights. With that in mind no idea what may pop up... but mine looks excellent so far. I'll put a clear coat on the lockdown bar and rails soon. Code needs a bit of work of course but it shoots really well to this average player.

#5447 1 year ago

Yes, I did have it listed. I’ve just decided to receive the game and to deal with the issues after having spent more time playing the game last week. I’m not saying that I don’t still have concerns or that others shouldn’t. I actually just enjoyed playing the game, would like to play it more and I know some of my guests are really excited to play it as well. But believe it when I say if I am truly unhappy with what I receive you’ll read about it here. #7 at Jackbar played great with no issue over the course of twenty straight games and it was a very early build so I’m hoping the negativity is just the typical pinside vocal minority situation.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Didn't you have your spot listed for sale out of concerns about reliability? Or did you have multiple preorder spots? You are hyping and defending this game a lot for someone who was ready to pull the plug themselves not long ago. I think many of the concerns about build quality are valid. If I get a game with a jacked up cabinet, sloppy decals, disappearing powder coat, out of square pf glass, drifting servos, an impossible scoop, a misaligned ramp diverter, misaligned drop targets, burned out LED strips and the need to climb under the playfield every few games, I can't say I'll be thrilled. I do realize some arrive nearly perfect, but I am burned out with NIB lottery fatigue.

#5448 1 year ago

PIZZA J !
967 Westminster St
Providence, RI

We’re got STH JP DP GZ TMNT AIQ GOTG Rush and Mando. All clean and playing very well, come on down and check it out. Great food and excellent beer program!

Also,

-NEPL ( New England pinball league)
starts up Sunday May 8th 6pm
-Belles and Chimes women’s leagues meets every second Tuesday 6pm
-CRAP league (Connecticut and RI area pinball haha) begins in July on Monday nights.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

You’re in Rhode Island? I’m in Dedham, MA, so you’re just 20 minutes away! Which location is yours, if you don’t mind me asking. Maybe Frank and I will drop by!

E2D41EB0-6225-46A7-94D8-8C64E7DD0A7A (resized).jpegE2D41EB0-6225-46A7-94D8-8C64E7DD0A7A (resized).jpeg

#5449 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

-CRAP league (Connecticut and RI area pinball haha) begins in July on Monday nights.

This name really limits the league champion from gloating too much about the win haha! Love it.

#5450 1 year ago

Haha exactly, we used to have RIP (Rhode Island Pinball) but the champions kept dying of mysterious causes. So we retired the league on account of…CURSED!

Edit: check out the championship belt and trophies from CRAP haha….big ol’ crap splat!

Quoted from lancestorm:

This name really limits the league champion from gloating too much about the win haha! Love it.

078F2162-24D8-4D12-97B3-0282AF34DB37 (resized).jpeg078F2162-24D8-4D12-97B3-0282AF34DB37 (resized).jpeg3F467490-51E9-4213-B7AE-7D85C1AC78A4 (resized).jpeg3F467490-51E9-4213-B7AE-7D85C1AC78A4 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/109?hl=jakedistel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.