Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 339.
#5351 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I get it. Let me take over your slot. I'll pay the balance. Got a friend who wants one.

We call that there....calling a bluff.

#5352 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I get the impression he just wanted to come in here and post that he is running to bash the machine.
If he’s legit I hope he hands over his spot to you.

Nope legit. I am nervous this game is a dumpster fire.

#5353 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

There’s 16 for sale already. Then reading about so many issues that aren’t going well. Powder coat. Things not working on set up or even worse not getting the parts and it sitting there.

#5354 1 year ago

There’s 16 for sale already. Then reading about so many issues that aren’t going well. Powder coat. Things not working on set up or even worse not getting the parts and it sitting there.

I remember when you could buy Munsters and Stranger things pros for 4800 on pinside. Halloween isn't even finished with code and animations yet and keeps getting better. I have not had any real issues with my Halloween. They sent me new redesigned ramps and my lower led light strip is out which I don't even miss. Out of the box I had to do a 5 minute switch adjustment in the jack o lantern scoop that is it.
My only issue I have is my armor starting to wear and that is all I need to be addressed because of the price I paid, that should not be an issue.

#5355 1 year ago

I’m serious about the spot. Who is it with - Spooky? Just a simple phone call and it can transfer to my name. I had problems too but know it is a winner in the long run.

#5356 1 year ago

The good Waaaaaaaay out ranks the bad.

#5357 1 year ago

Half of them up for sale are for what they paid or more, cheapest one for sale is $1500. At least try to get some of your deposit back before your run away lol.

#5358 1 year ago

If you pull off getting one for 2k off you should from this day forward be known as “The Man”

I’m serious about the spot. Who is it with - Spooky? Just a simple phone call and it can transfer to my name. I had problem too but know it is a winner in the long run.

#5359 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are there any recent unboxings where the setup was smooth and the pin played NEARLY flawless out of the box? I would expect these games should be qc'd pretty extensivelly, but it appears they have not been, or minimally at best. Razors stuck to magnets x2...
Question for the group. Is it normal to play test all pins coming off the line? I don't want to assume.

Mine came in flawless and has had zero issues thus far. #489

#5360 1 year ago

My guy….go play the game first. Also, keep in mind where you are reading this. We are all finicky nit pickers in here. Sure, there are some issues. None major, save for the powder coat thing. The game is pretty rad and very unique. We all just want the most possible out of our purchase and that is understandable. This is a very typical pinside trend: but a spot, look into every aspect of the game with a magnifying glass, take up issue, freak out, worry about code etc etc. fast forward to one year after all games are shipped and everyone has the thing BOLTED. Try shaking loose a Stranger Things or JJP Pirates…two games that pinside literally SHAT on. Big bucks, highly desired. Patience.

I am just losing my deposit and running fast.

#5361 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yeah respectfully..... don't do this. These are going for around full price or just under. I get it with Ultraman based on what they are selling for but not Halloween. No reason to lose 2 grand.

Pretty unlikely he even has a spot, it's pretty stupid to lose $2k when there are still buyers out there who would take it over in full.

#5362 1 year ago

So do we know for sure what the color of the powder is? I think it is this one:

GRECIAN GOLD/VEIN (Item: EVS-1512)
68BEEE5A-1AF0-47A2-BD17-FDE178717A90 (resized).jpeg68BEEE5A-1AF0-47A2-BD17-FDE178717A90 (resized).jpeg

#5363 1 year ago

If so, here is the write up:

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein#collapse4464

It clearly states that it should be hit with a clear powder for best protection. Spooky is spraying them with clear coat which isn’t the same. The manufacturer recommends PSS-2974 for a top coat. It is an automotive grade clear powder. Put that on the armor and I think the problem is fixed.
89370E1D-DB7A-4218-9495-8F7CF5B15D84 (resized).jpeg89370E1D-DB7A-4218-9495-8F7CF5B15D84 (resized).jpeg

#5364 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:I'll try to help with a couple of your questions;
1. Your lights are working correctly.
2. Your topper seems to be working correctly. Have you started any of the multi-balls? Its not coded to run constantly for a long period.
3. I don't have this issue, but I know some do and Spooky is aware of the issue.
4. I don't think this is coded yet.
5. No option unless you do it yourself which would mean ordering another lock bar, receiver, then having the new lock bar powder coated.
Hope this helps. Go enjoy your game!

Many thanks! I actually talked to AJ this morning and he confirmed all you've said. Appreciate the help! With respect to the lockbar, I haven't decided if the juice is worth the squeeze for it. And if it didn't interfere with lifting and lowering the playfield I wouldn't worry as much. In the grand scheme of things, not a major issue. Thanks again for the quick response.

#5365 1 year ago

Hello #77 here how is everyone? I'm fine and loving my game. Out of box was almost perfect. I had one small issue with upper playfield ball not draining down hole. Easy fix...I moved the "flooring" up about 1 CM. That's it!!

Now after a few hundred plays (550) the inlane flaps were sticking up. OK. I found the issue. The rubbers from the slings were getting loose. They are 3 in. And I put 2.5 inch on them and then cut the flaps some. Fixed it!

The good part is that the art is awesome, speakers are twice of what stern is, there is no translite...it's back glass! Speaker covers are shiny power coated, hell the wire form is sparkling powder coated. Comes with a topper, comes with all powder coated metal, and comes extra parts.

I mean Elvira 40th that can cost up to 25000 didn't even come with a topper.

I've recieved 3 GNR LEs. The first 2 destroyed by FEDEX. The 3rd was fine and I only sold to get another TZ back.

I will post pics of the cut I did to the lane flap. Did it with garden scissors..
Ha. But the modes and game play are legit. Definitely had my fair share of problems with Stern.

But if it's game play anyone is worried about please don't be.

Just my 17 cents worth. Thanks Gents.

Also love this match book.
20220425_132458 (resized).jpg20220425_132458 (resized).jpg20220425_185014 (resized).jpg20220425_185014 (resized).jpg

#5366 1 year ago

Gotcha - why not pass on your spot then? Don’t give it back to spooky when mad dog is willing to take it

#5367 1 year ago

I love this game so much. I ordered a second one in butter. Have Faith. This game is epic. Nothing to worry about.

#5368 1 year ago

You only own Aerosmith. It can only get better....

#5369 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

#5370 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Mine came in flawless and has had zero issues thus far. #489

Mine came in flawless with zero issues as well. #351. I love this game. It's not leaving anytime soon.

#5371 1 year ago

#111 here. No issues besides powder coating wear. Absolutely love the title. I have been playing it nonstop. Have a little faith in Spooky to take care of their customers.

FWIW my first NIB from Stern was basically unplayable for almost 2 months.

#5372 1 year ago

Only played about 5 games since I just hauled her in (stairs with a pivot....all by my lonesome lol). It's absolutely the best looking pin I have no contest. So far I'm in love but just had a quick flip on it!

20220425_195608 (resized).jpg20220425_195608 (resized).jpg20220425_195641 (resized).jpg20220425_195641 (resized).jpg
#5373 1 year ago

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein#collapse4464
It clearly states that it should be hit with a clear powder for best protection. Spooky is spraying them with clear coat which isn’t the same. The manufacturer recommends PSS-2974 for a top coat. It is an automotive grade clear powder. Put that on the armor and I think the problem is fixed.
[quoted image]

Yikes. That's kind of a big deal - not something we can do at home. Hopefully Spooky can figure out how to add this to the process, it would really be a shame to wreck that beautiful powder coat.

#5374 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Half of them up for sale are for what they paid or more, cheapest one for sale is $1500. At least try to get some of your deposit back before your run away lol.

Well ya can’t blame lol. I am listing it tomorrow for 1k less than normal price I think.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Aerosmith is sold. Being picked up Saturday.

#5375 1 year ago

I’m serious about the spot. Who is it with - Spooky? Just a simple phone call and it can transfer to my name. I had problems too but know it is a winner in the long run.

Pinballstar

#5376 1 year ago

Email Joe - tell him your number, get Mad Dog's email and phone #, Joe emails him and confirms, boom, you're off the hook. Joe doesn't need the cash until the game ships.

#5377 1 year ago

Alls well when Michael has time to unwind and get blood on his hands. I must say with that much blood on his hands he'll be hanging around for a long time...

20220425_211137 (resized).jpg20220425_211137 (resized).jpg
#5378 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Alls well when Michael has time to unwind and get blood on his hands. I must say with that much blood on his hands he'll be hanging around for a long time...
[quoted image]

is that red marker

#5379 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Email Joe - tell him your number, get Mad Dog's email and phone #, Joe emails him and confirms, boom, you're off the hook. Joe doesn't need the cash until the game ships.

I may have a friend who wants it. I am going to be willing to go cheaper than anyone else listed but not walking away anymore after getting offers pm’d.

#5380 1 year ago

I may have a friend who wants it. I am going to be willing to go cheaper than anyone else listed but not walking away anymore after getting offers pm’d.

My game ships in may\june

#5381 1 year ago

so your friend will get a pin that will suck in your opinion...

userious (resized).pnguserious (resized).png
#5382 1 year ago

Hi I'm spot 1,211. Does anyone have any details on the Standard edition? I know no Topper and Shaker motor stuff like that. Wonder what else isn't included. Will Translite be different art? This will be my first NIB machine, looking forward to it!

#5383 1 year ago

Quoted from NewmanJerry:

so your friend will get a pin that will suck in your opinion...[quoted image]

#5384 1 year ago

My game ships in may\june

I find it kind of funny that you rated this game 3rd highest in your personal ratings and now you're getting rid of it. Your review was one word which was "Masterpiece" with an overall score of 9.44. I am assuming that you played it. Seems like you don't trust your own judgment. It didn't disappoint you then and won't disappoint you when you receive it. It really is a good game.

#5385 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

Hi I'm spot 1,211. Does anyone have any details on the Standard edition? I know no Topper and Shaker motor stuff like that. Wonder what else isn't included. Will Translite be different art? This will be my first NIB machine, looking forward to it!

No plastic protectors either. I would get some and put them on.

#5386 1 year ago
Quoted from NewmanJerry:

is that red marker

Alot of effort involved...
Finding that red marker.

#5387 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Hello #77 here how is everyone? I'm fine and loving my game. Out of box was almost perfect. I had one small issue with upper playfield ball not draining down hole. Easy fix...I moved the "flooring" up about 1 CM. That's it!!
Now after a few hundred plays (550) the inlane flaps were sticking up. OK. I found the issue. The rubbers from the slings were getting loose. They are 3 in. And I put 2.5 inch on them and then cut the flaps some. Fixed it!
The good part is that the art is awesome, speakers are twice of what stern is, there is no translite...it's back glass! Speaker covers are shiny power coated, hell the wire form is sparkling powder coated. Comes with a topper, comes with all powder coated metal, and comes extra parts.
I mean Elvira 40th that can cost up to 25000 didn't even come with a topper.
I've recieved 3 GNR LEs. The first 2 destroyed by FEDEX. The 3rd was fine and I only sold to get another TZ back.
I will post pics of the cut I did to the lane flap. Did it with garden scissors..
Ha. But the modes and game play are legit. Definitely had my fair share of problems with Stern.
But if it's game play anyone is worried about please don't be.
Just my 17 cents worth. Thanks Gents.
Also love this match book.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you move the flooring up? I am having the same issue, I loosen the screws, works for a bit, then sticks again... so I tighten the screws, and it works for a bit, then it sticks. Getting tired of opening the glass and ruining a bunch of games. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

#5388 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

No plastic protectors either. I would get some and put them on.

Thanks for the info. Do you know anywhere that sells them for Halloween?

#5389 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I sprayed 2k max clear coat autograde and so far no more of the gold coming off.

#5390 1 year ago
Quoted from pooyabee:

Mine came in flawless with zero issues as well. #351. I love this game. It's not leaving anytime soon.

Neither is ours. It’s my wife’s so I would go before she would let Halloween go lol.

#5391 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

The good Waaaaaaaay out ranks the bad.

This. Look, mine came without a coinbox or the topper parts. It has to be reset several times a day if played heavily. Balls get stuck more than any pin I own, including my TNG machine.

But it’s still a FANTASTIC game. I have zero regrets about purchasing.

#5392 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I sprayed 2k max clear coat autograde and so far no more of the gold coming off.

To bring some perspective, Stern sold me some very expensive Walking Dead armour a while back and the blood splatters began peeling off after about 1 month. I ended up clearcoating them and they looked better than original. Shouldn’t have had to, but wasn’t such a big deal.

Just sayin’, Spooky aren’t the only ones that have issues. But I’m sure they’ll address it with the high level of customer service we are used to from them.

#5393 1 year ago

"Haddonfield, Benton.... These small towns are all the same but he only calls one of them home"

Well played Spooky

#5394 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's super frustrating seeing these things because we really do play through every single mode on every single game...at minimum. We check all of the typical ball traps including the house exit. I'm going to make a point to set them a little further apart since they seem to be swelling up. After play testing they go to our cleaners, who vacuum and polish them up before shipping. We will talk with them about triple checking around the speaker magnets.
Addressing some of the issues posted: I did see a flipper roll pin come lose in a picture above. I've seen that on a few games. I'd squeeze it back in, but if it happens again we'll send out a new arm. The roll pin may just be defective. Someone mentioned the lifters sticking up. My first thought is that it's getting caught on the sling rubber. Probably just some extra slack on the back side. A little tug to move that slack will probably do the trick, but you can also recenter the lifter if it's moves over towards the center. Someone mentioned the upper flipper not working. The first thing to check is the test menu. If it's working in the menu, but not in gameplay make sure you actually have house qualified. The flippers only work when you are on that level. Outside of that I'd check your flipper button. Has the metal switch shifted? You can also check that in the switch menu.
More then anything know we're here to help. There is a service number right inside every game. Emails also work well. 90% of the calls we get are super simple items that just shifted slightly in shipping, but if it's something more complex we'll figure it out for you.

Much respect to Spooky that you address negative forum posts

#5395 1 year ago

How long did you let your lockdown bar sit after spraying?

#5396 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

Thanks for the info. Do you know anywhere that sells them for Halloween?

I don’t think anyone does as of now, but later on hopefully. I am #1216. The standard also doesn’t have a speaker lights, pumpkin speaker light covers, knocker or art blades. I’m hoping there are art blades available at some point as well. I already have a knocker to use and will buy a shaker from PBL. Also plan to add a speaker light kit, custom speaker light covers, and custom powder coat. Got the standard mainly to customize it and save a couple bucks.

#5397 1 year ago

I know everyone says this game is going to be great but I’m seriously having my doubts. Every podcast I listen to and every stream I watch when people bring up this game they have nothing good to say.

#5398 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:I know everyone says this game is going to be great but I’m seriously having my doubts. Every podcast I listen to and every stream I watch when people bring up this game they have nothing good to say.

The game is great. We really enjoy it. SpookyLuke has addressed all my issues which were very little. Spooky is awesome at making sure if you do have an issue, they will step you through it.

#5399 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I know everyone says this game is going to be great but I’m seriously having my doubts. Every podcast I listen to and every stream I watch when people bring up this game they have nothing good to say.

Let's be honest.
MOST of the podcasters and streamers are competition players and they badmouth just about every game until its code is complete.

The rest of them are generally shilling for manufacturers and / or for sales.

Personal preference goes a long way. I know people rave about the improvements of machines like Stranger Things, GB and Walking Dead, now...
None of which would ever find their way into my collection unless I was offered one well below the MSRP. I just don't like them, even with the improved coding.

I'd pay less attention to the opinions of others and go with your own impressions. If you can get on one locally, go flip it a bit and find your answer.

#5400 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

At lot of these streamers are competitive competition players and with that being said they love modes where they can stack and exploit them to rack up a ton of points. Halloween is more of once you start a mode another will not until you finish the mode you started so you need to make your shots to progress in that mode and finish. It's a great game but you'll most likely never see it in tournaments for the reasons I just stated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/108?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.