IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 338.
#5251 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Im at 6.5 which is what is recommended. The first night I set it up before bed it was at 7.3 so I assumed that bringing it down would fix the air balls but it didnt. I checked the flipper rubber for any issues and everything looks good. Does raising or lowering the flipper rubbers have any sort of effect on ball travel? I mean I absolutely love the speed and play of the game but im worried im going to destroy everything with all these air balls. And as far as the flipper power goes its only the middle playfield. The main flippers are perfect and the upper playfield sincerely rips those spinners.

OEM flipper rubbers? If so, get some Titans and put them on. They are softer and take some impact taking a little zip out of the ball. Super Bands are just the opposite.

#5252 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

A friend just got his… it’s un-playable out of the box and he has to swap out a bunch of parts that need to be shipped to him. Between that and reading all the shit ya’ll are dealing with I don’t think I’ve ever been less excited to unbox a game haha. Monday should be interesting!

Patrick mine has had ZERO Problems and I'm #159 so don't let them scare you. I have had to only readjust my top playfield flipper and mine has about 600 plays and I can make any shot with ease.

#5253 1 year ago

I feel like we’re all so focused on quality control issues (which is fair. My machine crashed four times today) that we’re not talking about what a great piece of game design this is.

I’ve never played a game that felt so tense, but also fair. When I mess up and drain in Halloween, it’s my fault. They really make this feel like survival horror.

I do find the orbit shots very difficult to consistently hit, but hopefully time in the saddle will make it better.

#5254 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Patrick mine has had ZERO Problems and I'm #159 so don't let them scare you. I have had to only readjust my top playfield flipper and mine has about 600 plays and I can make any shot with ease.

Any tips for hitting those orbits consistently? And the lowest lock on the hedge?

#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Aside from the upper playfield issue that's been addressed, has anyone had any issues with the ball getting stuck up there? I've had my game for a week and everything was playing great but now the ball gets stuck every time in the little channel before the ball can drop back down to the middle play field. I haven't moved the machine at all this week. Even if I put the ball on top of the channel, it has to roll a few inches before it falls into the channel to drop down. Any ideas? I emailed Spooky already but know they're out for the weekend.[quoted image]

I’m Having the same issue. Picked it up yesterday and it started happening today.

#5256 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Right on! Hey it’s all good btw, I’m just excited to play it after a long wait and these issues with the new ones are concerning since I’m one of them LOL. Not worried, Spooky always has great support… but would prefer I could just play it finally when it shows up vs. rebooting and troubleshooting stuff.

#5257 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Any tips for hitting those orbits consistently? And the lowest lock very tips of the flipper and the left orbit of the 3/4 mark of the right flipper

Any tips for hitting those orbits consistently? And the lowest lock on the hedge?

Lowest lock is off the very tip of the right flipper. And both orbits are off the 3/4 mark of each flipper and I can hit the left orbit off the 1/4 mark off the left backhanded

#5258 1 year ago

If anyone is having issues with the pumpkin coming loose I added half inch wide electrical tape and wrapped it around the socket. Went around twice and now it’s holding so far and not coming loose.

D9B7B563-40E0-43BE-8ABD-3863BC0AF65B (resized).jpegD9B7B563-40E0-43BE-8ABD-3863BC0AF65B (resized).jpeg
#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I feel like we’re all so focused on quality control issues (which is fair. My machine crashed four times today) that we’re not talking about what a great piece of game design this is.

Well it's hard to when you can't really play it.

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If anyone is having issues with the pumpkin coming loose I added half inch wide electrical tape and wrapped it around the socket. Went around twice and now it’s holding so far and not coming loose.
[quoted image]

The best solution is to remove the socket from the equation altogether. I thought Spooky might have implemented the change but I guess the parts in question were already assembled. The longest part of me doing this modification was getting the flasher out of the pumpkin. Adding the new flasher SMD and little platform didn't take long at all.

20220205_172315 (2) (resized).jpg20220205_172315 (2) (resized).jpg

#5261 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Upper flipper not working, reboot.

Simple flipper switch adjustment cleared it up.

Quoted from TheLaw:

... Might have something to do with pitch? I'll measure mine tongihty.

I'm high at around 8.2

EDIT: Took a good night of tinkering and 4+ re-installs but I think i got her running pretty well for now. Phew

#5262 1 year ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Aside from the upper playfield issue that's been addressed, has anyone had any issues with the ball getting stuck up there? I've had my game for a week and everything was playing great but now the ball gets stuck every time in the little channel before the ball can drop back down to the middle play field. I haven't moved the machine at all this week. Even if I put the ball on top of the channel, it has to roll a few inches before it falls into the channel to drop down. Any ideas? I emailed Spooky already but know they're out for the weekend.[quoted image]

Can you remove the porch deck sculpt with the two screws and see if you have move than two screw holes? I am curious to know if the deck is misaligned.

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Right on! Hey it’s all good btw, I’m just excited to play it after a long wait and these issues with the new ones are concerning since I’m one of them LOL. Not worried, Spooky always has great support… but would prefer I could just play it finally when it shows up vs. rebooting and troubleshooting stuff.

We're in the same boat I think. I'm fine doing some fixing and adjusting like usual, just hope that's not a ton right away. Mine comes Monday too and I'm happy and slightly nervous.

#5264 1 year ago

Now it’s the best three horror games out there!

People still waiting for this game that are getting discouraged….. if you love Halloween you will enjoy this game. If you call the shape “Mike” Myers, you should pass on it. Not for you.

6F4D3F89-C645-4BAD-827A-994E12317CD4 (resized).jpeg6F4D3F89-C645-4BAD-827A-994E12317CD4 (resized).jpeg

#5265 1 year ago

Yesterday HE came home... and THEY all signed

Thanks for this great game!! & shout out to all of the Spooky Crew!!

mrclean_Halloween_CE (resized).jpgmrclean_Halloween_CE (resized).jpg
#5266 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That whole top piece is held in place by the two Phillip screws. Remove the screws and reseat the plastic in place, one of the two might have to be moved slightly (most likely the right one) downward towards the main playfield and this will open the gap enough and allow the ball to pass through.

This worked perfectly. Thanks for the heads up. Glad it was an easy fix.

#5267 1 year ago

Okay so I wanted to give my initial impression of the game (Just arrived yesterday). I was really nervous following this thread!

Game arrived with a few issues (drop target mechanism need adjustment/. Topper LED's seem blown) but because it was Butter the game was seriously protected with moving blankets/ foam etc. so "physically" the game arrived perfect.

First things first This game is freaking gorgeous! I mean seriously to me this entire game (cabinet and playfield) "looks" better than any game on Earth IMHO. The light shows are great as well and ties in well with the modes.

This game Sounds amazing. Beside the "monkey" sounds after the ball drains I really love the sound layout. The speakers seem top notch.

Most importantly the game Plays Amazing. It draws you in and translates the "stress". you feel watching a horror movie. It's a hard game that seems to have a lot of depth to shoot for. The ball travel is unpredictable so you feel like Michael is coming out of no where when you least expect it. I love the shots and I love the upper playfield.

The lockdown bar seems to have no polyurethane however and the 2K clear is coming my way tomorrow for me to try and fix that coming issue.

I am 100% stoked I bought this game at this point! It's not perfect yet but the theme Kicks Ass. All for now!

#5268 1 year ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

This worked perfectly. Thanks for the heads up. Glad it was an easy fix.

On mine I recall one of the two sides having an extra screw hole so it was likely installed causing an issue during testing and then adjusted.

#5269 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man reading these new posts it’s as if the newer ones coming out are having more issues. I was mid 100s and haven’t had one single issue besides the upper upper pf flipper being misaligned out of the factory. My order looks fine. Very odd.

I was thinking this batch would come out pretty good considering they've been sitting on the floor I figured they could be quality assured and really gone through with a fine tooth comb on all of them while they were waiting on parts. I'm guessing that didn't happen and now I'm getting nervous too.

#5270 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

...but because it was Butter the game was seriously protected with moving blankets/ foam etc. so "physically" the game arrived perfect.

Well I didn't get any moving blankets but non-butter arrived cosmetically fine as well

Initial thoughts are It plays like a real pinball machine, so that's good. Def need some work, eXpecially in mode stacking, but it's pretty damn fun. I'm impressed.

#5271 1 year ago

20220422_223238 (resized).jpg20220422_223238 (resized).jpg

20220422_220755 (resized).jpg20220422_220755 (resized).jpg20220422_220424 (resized).jpg20220422_220424 (resized).jpg20220422_220525 (resized).jpg20220422_220525 (resized).jpg
#5272 1 year ago

So I was told I was number 716 but just got the email for butter. That seems way too soon? I had my preorder with Kingpin, does this mean maybe someone dropped and I got moved up?

#5273 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So I was told I was number 716 but just got the email for butter. That seems way too soon? I had my preorder with Kingpin, does this mean maybe someone dropped and I got moved up?

I'm #724 with Kingpin and was guessing maybe August with pre notification maybe July, that does seem way too soon. Maybe they are hitting up higher numbers for butter because lower ones are passing on the option and want to do a batch of them.

#5274 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

People still waiting for this game that are getting discouraged….. if you love Halloween you will enjoy this game. If you call the shape “Mike” Myers, you should pass on it. Not for you.
[quoted image]

A69AAD7A-6A90-478F-ADE5-02386F317299.gifA69AAD7A-6A90-478F-ADE5-02386F317299.gif

#5275 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The best solution is to remove the socket from the equation altogether. I thought Spooky might have implemented the change but I guess the parts in question were already assembled. The longest part of me doing this modification was getting the flasher out of the pumpkin. Adding the new flasher SDM and little platform didn't take long at all.
[quoted image]

Adding electrical tape was easier than disassembling it and I have the vine mod for the pumpkin so unfortunately don’t want to get rid of the socket. Yours is definitely the best solution, but I like the look of mine. Hopefully it holds up with the electrical tape.

#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Yesterday HE came home... and THEY all signed
Thanks for this great game!! & shout out to all of the Spooky Crew!!
[quoted image]

That’s cool. How did you get that? Did you go butter?

#5277 1 year ago

Go into test mode and select that flasher. Does that work? If not, swap with a known good flash bulb and repeat the test. If that doesn’t work trace the wire back to where it connects to to the PCB and reseat the cable.

Nothing happens with test mode. Even going to “All Lights”
Swapped it with a flasher from another pin, nothing. Followed the wiring the best I could. I believe it’s a pink line. Looks like everything it plugged in as it should be. Going to dive in deeper tonight, see if I can’t figure it out

#5278 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

Nothing happens with test mode. Even going to “All Lights”
Swapped it with a flasher from another pin, nothing. Followed the wiring the best I could. I believe it’s a pink line. Looks like everything it plugged in as it should be. Going to dive in deeper tonight, see if I can’t figure it out

It doesn't light in "all lights" test. Only in Flasher Test Right scoop or all flasher test. Just wanted to make sure you were running the correct test.

20220423_134513 (resized).jpg20220423_134513 (resized).jpg
#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

This is intentional. It’s intended to warn new players that the ball will exit from the right inlane.
SpookyBug Bug with 1.06b. Extra ball from two modes complete. Started Hedge Multiba and the mode kept spitting out extra balls with unlimited ball saver. I spent a few minutes in multiball and finally it stopped spitting out extra balls.

This happened to me today too.

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man reading these new posts it’s as if the newer ones coming out are having more issues. I was mid 100s and haven’t had one single issue besides the upper upper pf flipper being misaligned out of the factory. My order looks fine. Very odd.

Same here. Mine has been flawless with the exception of my powder coating coming off. Which does bug me….
I’ll probably be having mine recoated at some point

#5281 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Finally unboxed/setup my new CE, and:
1) The left upper field flipper does not work. Using the Coil Test I can hear a faint sound of the coil firing but the flipper does not move at all. Either the coil is busted or the flipper was not installed properly (hopefully the latter). I will investigate tonight. Has anyone else had this issue?
2) The subway metal flap at the right return is not flush with the playfield, as is the one on the left side. Balls entering the right return get stuck 100% of the time. I will look into that as well, but it also appears to have been installed wrong.
3) The hand/knife piece of the topper was not attached and was loose in the box (luckily the whole thing was wrapped in a blanket and it did not get damaged, even if it's a pretty flimsy piece of plastic). There is supposed to be a (tiny) retaining screw on the side of the piece that mounts to the shaft that's missing. Should be an easy fix once I find a screw that small.
Other than this, the game looks great. I hope to get to play it soon...

Well... left upper flipper not working mystery solved.

IMG_7214 (resized).jpgIMG_7214 (resized).jpg
#5282 1 year ago

Also... seriously, what is this? Do these come with every machine or something?

IMG_7216 (resized).jpgIMG_7216 (resized).jpg
#5283 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I am assuming it is a code bug, but I thought I would give it a mention. Halloween has been solid after a little tweaking, but last night during hedge multiball it went into a loop and felt like multiball wasn't going to time out. After awhile I just let all the balls drain and it changed back but then developed a new error where the right lifter stayed up and stopped a ball at the right inlane. Shut down and did restart and things were back to normal again.
I am assuming this is more buggy code, but wondering if anyone else has never ending multiball yet.
Such a great game, I hope the next code fixes a bunch of these errors.

This is exactly what happened to me. I’m running 1.06b.

#5284 1 year ago

Got my apron signed by nick castle today, super nice guy and he was stoked to sign it.

59FB2156-A385-47C6-A93E-7A8EF859DDBB (resized).jpeg59FB2156-A385-47C6-A93E-7A8EF859DDBB (resized).jpegCFE06934-B2BF-4EB6-A9C9-41AD1E13C1DF (resized).jpegCFE06934-B2BF-4EB6-A9C9-41AD1E13C1DF (resized).jpeg
#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Same here. Mine has been flawless with the exception of my powder coating coming off. Which does bug me….
I’ll probably be having mine recoated at some point

Can you post a pic? I sprayed mine with 2k max before it got bad.

0E3E97F0-27FD-46AF-BDFF-5BF1D857CBCB (resized).png0E3E97F0-27FD-46AF-BDFF-5BF1D857CBCB (resized).png
#5286 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I didn't get any moving blankets but non-butter arrived cosmetically fine as well
Initial thoughts are It plays like a real pinball machine, so that's good. Def need some work, eXpecially in mode stacking, but it's pretty damn fun. I'm impressed.

No moving blankets for non-butter cabs. The way that they wrap the butter cabs is amazing though, with both our Alice and HW ordered with butter. Very impressed with protection and with the butter cab.

#5287 1 year ago

I see the typical Free Play.

So how do I see the tech alerts to see the error?

#5288 1 year ago

It doesn't light in "all lights" test. Only in Flasher Test Right scoop or all flasher test. Just wanted to make sure you were running the correct test.[quoted image]

Yeah. Sorry. Tried both. Has never came in during any times I’ve played either. I assume there’s a wire issue somewhere

#5289 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Also... seriously, what is this? Do these come with every machine or something? [quoted image]

I had hoped for cutting edge speaker technology, but this isn't what I had in mind

#5290 1 year ago

Metal in inlanes not closing all the way creating ball trap.
Upper playfield flipper works in test mode, but never in game.

Anyone?

#5291 1 year ago

Loosen the screws that hold down the inlane flaps. Try re-updating the code.

Quoted from tp:

Anyone?

#5292 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Anyone?

Check double leaf flipper switch, most likely not hitting second leaf
Switch test should show both flippers.

#5293 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Anyone?

I don't mean to state the obvious, but when you say "in game", are you talking about when you have a ball in the upper playfield?

My upper playfield flipper does not work during gameplay unless I have a ball in play there.

#5294 1 year ago

Question. Why is there monkey sounds in the game? I haven’t seen the movie yet, but hopefully this coming week.

#5295 1 year ago

Question. Why is there monkey sounds in the game?.

Its whimpering

#5296 1 year ago

Because Michael owns a monkey named bubbles, everyone knows that.

#5297 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Because Michael owns a monkey named bubbles, everyone knows that.

And he liked blowing Bubbles lol

#5298 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I had hoped for cutting edge speaker technology, but this isn't what I had in mind

Blades upside down. That’ll never work. Easy fix.

I can’t wait to see what parting gift is in my machine! C’MON SPARE PF! Or a 2nd screen! Pfft. It’ll probably be just another razor blade.

DAC14CCC-FF0E-4EF9-92D4-70742316CCB7.gifDAC14CCC-FF0E-4EF9-92D4-70742316CCB7.gif
#5299 1 year ago

Question. Why is there monkey sounds in the game? I haven’t seen the movie yet, but hopefully this coming week.

It's a girl whimpering not monkey sounds.

#5300 1 year ago

I’m just in so much shock how amazing this pin looks and I haven’t even plugged it in . It’s just amazingly beautiful . I love the smell of butter cab in the am , I’m so happy right now , awesome job spooky and nitro
C809630C-CF64-4E24-B0D3-A24D20B468A0 (resized).jpegC809630C-CF64-4E24-B0D3-A24D20B468A0 (resized).jpegEE9499E5-B019-4FE5-81FC-293497155F16 (resized).jpegEE9499E5-B019-4FE5-81FC-293497155F16 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/106?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.