IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,962 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 340.
#5201 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Of course it is. Don't you want your game to remain pristine? Finger prints make the machine lose tens of dollars if value!

I just enjoy this game and the others I have. Can’t take it with you when you die! And we will all certainly do that. Relax!

#5202 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am at a freaking loss right now. My hand with knife for the topper fell off. I have used 1/16”, 5/24”, 3/32”, 1.5mm, and 2mm Allen wrenches to tighten the two screws down that hold it in place.
None work and can’t tighten the damn thing down. Outside of using some obscure size, I am at a loss.
[quoted image]

It's. 050 and only 1 setscrew holds it to the shaft.

20211110_114005 (resized).jpg20211110_114005 (resized).jpg
#5203 2 years ago

#365 Butter delivered

6BC08DBC-8F20-4396-A33F-B9AE4BB180D7 (resized).jpeg6BC08DBC-8F20-4396-A33F-B9AE4BB180D7 (resized).jpeg
#5204 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It's. 050 and only 1 setscrew holds it to the shaft.[quoted image]

Thank you! My wife found the size I need luckily in the junk drawer. There are actually two screws that hold it to the shaft. Now to figure out what position to place it back on to. Does it matter?

#5205 2 years ago

Set screws line up with flat spot on shaft

#5206 2 years ago

Man this game is really really buggy.
Music not working, reboot. Upper flipper not working, reboot.
That's a shame.

#5207 2 years ago

Well found the problem with my knife and probably why it came off. The knife is getting hitting the mounting plate. The chrome on the knife is rubbed off.

No matter how I adjust it it still hits it. Is the knife supposed to be loose? The nut that goes onto the screw that goes through the hand that was on it was loose and I couldn’t tighten it down.

Here is a video of the problem. Sorry quality sucks but YouTube makes short videos low res apparently.

#5208 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well found the problem with my knife and probably why it came off. The knife is getting hitting the mounting plate. The chrome on the knife is rubbed off.
No matter how I adjust it it still hits it. Is the knife supposed to be loose? The nut that goes onto the screw that goes through the hand that was on it was loose and I couldn’t tighten it down.
Here is a video of the problem. Sorry quality sucks but YouTube makes short videos low res apparently.

The nut is loose on the bolt that goes through the hand so it can freely hang as the motor turns. Yes the chrome rubs off as the knife drags on the opening as it goes past bottom stroke.

#5209 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The nut is loose on the bolt that goes through the hand so it can freely hang as the motor turns. Yes the chrome rubs off as the knife drags on the opening as it goes past bottom stroke.

Sucks they didn’t make enough clearance for the knife. Or add something soft so it didn’t scrape against the metal. I added a piece of electrical tape so hopefully more on the knife won’t rub off. It’s working ok otherwise. Appreciate the reply.

#5210 2 years ago

My ball keeps getting stuck when it’s ejected onto the plunger. Table is perfectly leveled at 6.5 degrees. Do we know how to address?

5BA93BA6-6608-48B9-A4F1-348BA315A426 (resized).jpeg5BA93BA6-6608-48B9-A4F1-348BA315A426 (resized).jpeg
#5211 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

My ball keeps getting stuck when it’s ejected onto the plunger. Table is perfectly leveled at 6.5 degrees. Do we know how to address?
[quoted image]

Are you having misfires? Ball trying multiple times to get into the shooter lane?

#5212 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

[quoted image]

If it’s strictly a physical thing, I would take the apron off, add washers below the apron to create a slightly taller area / space for the ball to pass through. So long as the glass fits adjust / add washers and that problem will be eliminated.

This is usually the go to for Michael …As a last resort you can cut a slightly larger entry for the ball to pass through.

#5213 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Not sure about Halloween, but on many games there is a metal deflector there that directs the balls into the shooter lane. It's not uncommon to have it bent too low from the factory and the balls can barely get through the opening. Bending it upwards slightly with your fingers may be all you need to do if this is the problem.

#5214 2 years ago

#509 being delivered Monday sounds like. Got the call today.

#5215 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Fun! Imagine working on the game and opening an artery on this! Bleed out right in the cab…found dead days later. You’d think QC would have found something like this.

You'd think...

This batch of the game have been sitting around for how long for parts, they should be pristine.

#5216 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man this game is really really buggy.
Music not working, reboot. Upper flipper not working, reboot.
That's a shame.

Damn that sucks. What's everyone else running into with bugs and code etc.?

#5217 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I haven't had any of the issues reported with music, or flippers. The most annoying bug that I have, and it's consistently ruining games, is the hedge multi ball bug where it just feeds and feeds and then eventually crashes out. Trying to think of any other bugs that I have besides that one and nothing else is coming to mind but yeah, that's a major one.

Jeff

#5218 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I haven't had any of the issues reported with music, or flippers. The most annoying bug that I have, and it's consistently ruining games, is the hedge multi ball bug where it just feeds and feeds and then eventually crashes out. Trying to think of any other bugs that I have besides that one and nothing else is coming to mind but yeah, that's a major one.
Jeff

I haven't seen that endless multi ball in a long time and never could figure out exactly what triggered it when I did get it. My theory is that it happens when you start hedge multi ball when still within the initial ball save time and the timer gets confused, but I never tried to test it.

I did have a new one yesterday in hedge multi ball where I started it when I already had 2 balls going (1 from the tombstone lock that I hit on accident before starting hedge). I think through that and a combination of a couple quick drains at the start I had 5 balls going for a while.

#5219 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Continually starting JOL MB on ball 1.
All mine or reboot the machine to fix.

#5220 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Continually starting JOL MB on ball 1.
All mine or reboot the machine to fix.

That isn’t normal. Corrupt code? I would contact Spooky for the reload procedure if you haven’t already.

#5221 2 years ago

Alright guys, new owner of #611 pre-order spot. This will be my first pin and I'm on the fence for ordering the butter cab. Can any current owners provide some wisdom - is the $1k upgrade worth it for a darker themed cab?

#5222 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That isn’t normal. Corrupt code? I would contact Spooky for the reload procedure if you haven’t already.

It was fixed by rebooting
Those games were also throwing an error dot for bad drop target (at least) for some reason.

Quoted from Mkvgti:

Can any current owners provide some wisdom - is the $1k upgrade worth it for a darker themed cab?

Is it going to be sitting in the middle of a room and showcased? Then maybe. 1K is a no brainer no for my tax bracket though - ymmv

#5223 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It was fixed by rebooting
Those games were also throwing an error dot for bad drop target (at least) for some reason.

Is it going to be sitting in the middle of a room and showcased? Then maybe. 1K is a no brainer no for my tax bracket though - ymmv

Well, that was an interesting video. Spooky's code is now actually pretty good on the surface. The problems always seem to arrive when modes are stacked. I'm sure they will get a handle on it eventually. The code will "dead end" when it is being presented with multiple scenarios (the game doesn't know what to do so it kinda freaks out). Usually this means sacrificing a ball to regain code logic.

#5224 2 years ago
Quoted from Mkvgti:

Alright guys, new owner of #611 pre-order spot. This will be my first pin and I'm on the fence for ordering the butter cab. Can any current owners provide some wisdom - is the $1k upgrade worth it for a darker themed cab?

I did not go butter and I do not have any issues. With going butter, if you scratch your artwork your screwed. Unless you have a display room shrine for Halloween and it will be your only pin and no chance on getting scratched, guess you can go butter, but like many it’s going with other pins and you won’t see the side art.

Personally I say no to butter. Especially for $1k more plus the delay on getting your game. Unless it’s in a bright room you won’t notice the gloss from the clear.

Be more worried about the side armor and lock down bar. The gold paint comes off. Put the money towards clear coating it. I used 2k max high gloss clear coat or take them somewhere to be done.

The gold paint started coming off where my family and I rest our thumbs. I used one can and did multiple coats. I provided a link on Amazon where to buy the clear and a respirator max.

Do not prep it with any prep paint cleaner, it will remove paint. I used electrical contact cleaner to get any skin oils off and wipes it and gold and black paint came off.

The powder coater apparently did not put enough clear coat on to protect it.

Otherwise I love the pin and it’s all I have been playing since I got well over a week ago.

#5225 2 years ago

Well, that was an interesting video. Spooky's code is now actually pretty good on the surface. The problems always seem to arrive when modes are stacked. I'm sure they will get a handle on it eventually. The code will "dead end" when it is being presented with multiple scenarios (the game doesn't know what to do so it kinda freaks out). Usually this means sacrificing a ball to regain code logic.

I honestly think, no hyperbole or tears , it has had to be rebooted 50% of the times its been powered on to play correctly.

#5226 2 years ago

By any chance is there a flipper coil strength setting anywhere? They seem a bit way OP.

#5227 2 years ago

So just got my game and have a few issues y’all might be able to help with.

1. Topper lights not working. I checked for the obvious connections not secure but look all good. Wire to LED’s does get hot and you can see in the pics the coating may look dark at the connection to the strip?

2. Clear pop in target bank is not flush with the playfield and jumps the ball. Center one and one to the right are raised about 1/8”

(((Edit……Fixed the drop targets….No luck on topper LED’s))

Thanks in advance!

053F57D0-A611-4FD1-8AE2-457F681B5F76 (resized).jpeg053F57D0-A611-4FD1-8AE2-457F681B5F76 (resized).jpegC1F3CC05-1F9F-49D2-AF9F-E333F4AD5DE2 (resized).jpegC1F3CC05-1F9F-49D2-AF9F-E333F4AD5DE2 (resized).jpegF40A617A-214A-4266-916E-6CD9054E1B35 (resized).jpegF40A617A-214A-4266-916E-6CD9054E1B35 (resized).jpeg

#5228 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I honestly think, no hyperbole or tears , it has had to be rebooted 50% of the times its been powered on to play correctly.

Yikes. Yeah that isn't a normal bug. I'm afraid there is something more going on with your machine. I would try a new code image install first. (sorry if that's already been discussed)

#5229 2 years ago

Pumpkin not lighting up. Game delivered yesterday. I thought I saw someone say they had the same issue and Spooky is sending them a replacement. Can’t call today, they are closed. Anyone have any recommendations for me til Monday? I tried a spare bulb I had and nothing happens. Followed wiring and everything seems to be plugged in. Sorry, my repair knowledge is fairly limited

CAF8BEB4-5B55-4BFB-95C1-0B94DF54BA20 (resized).jpegCAF8BEB4-5B55-4BFB-95C1-0B94DF54BA20 (resized).jpeg
#5230 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yikes. Yeah that isn't a normal bug. I'm afraid there is something more going on with your machine. I would try a new code image install first. (sorry if that's already been discussed)

Haven't looked into much yet, been real busy and just catching a game here and there. Was waiting to get a good grasp/list/inspecting on issues before contacting them.
Thanks.
EDIT: Was planning on software update before anything anyway.

#5231 2 years ago

Go into test mode and select that flasher. Does that work? If not, swap with a known good flash bulb and repeat the test. If that doesn’t work trace the wire back to where it connects to to the PCB and reseat the cable.

Quoted from Mjlanham16:

Pumpkin not lighting up. Game delivered yesterday. I thought I saw someone say they had the same issue and Spooky is sending them a replacement. Can’t call today, they are closed. Anyone have any recommendations for me til Monday? I tried a spare bulb I had and nothing happens. Followed wiring and everything seems to be plugged in. Sorry, my repair knowledge is fairly limited
[quoted image]

#5232 2 years ago

Aside from the upper playfield issue that's been addressed, has anyone had any issues with the ball getting stuck up there? I've had my game for a week and everything was playing great but now the ball gets stuck every time in the little channel before the ball can drop back down to the middle play field. I haven't moved the machine at all this week. Even if I put the ball on top of the channel, it has to roll a few inches before it falls into the channel to drop down. Any ideas? I emailed Spooky already but know they're out for the weekend.

IMG_2454 (resized).jpgIMG_2454 (resized).jpg
#5233 2 years ago

I haven't had issues there myself, although the game is raked pretty high

#5234 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Aside from the upper playfield issue that's been addressed, has anyone had any issues with the ball getting stuck up there? I've had my game for a week and everything was playing great but now the ball gets stuck every time in the little channel before the ball can drop back down to the middle play field. I haven't moved the machine at all this week. Even if I put the ball on top of the channel, it has to roll a few inches before it falls into the channel to drop down. Any ideas? I emailed Spooky already but know they're out for the weekend.[quoted image]

It looks like someone used sandpaper there to widen the path already. I am taking it that you didn’t do that? Is the path just not wide enough?

#5235 2 years ago

It looks like someone used sandpaper there to widen the path already. I am taking it that you didn’t do that? Is the path just not wide enough?

Yeah, the path isn’t wide enough. It was though for the last week. So I dunno if it swelled up or? I totally sanded it because I’m an idiot. After about 5 or 6 passes I stopped and tried to drop the ball in from the top and still nothing. No more sanding now. I’m going to fix the paint when I fix the issue.

#5236 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Yeah, the path isn’t wide enough. It was though for the last week.

If it's your balls that are swelling, you should see a doctor.

#5237 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If it's your balls that are swelling, you should see a doctor.

Thought that was supposed to happen when I turned 40…

#5238 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Aside from the upper playfield issue that's been addressed, has anyone had any issues with the ball getting stuck up there? I've had my game for a week and everything was playing great but now the ball gets stuck every time in the little channel before the ball can drop back down to the middle play field. I haven't moved the machine at all this week. Even if I put the ball on top of the channel, it has to roll a few inches before it falls into the channel to drop down. Any ideas? I emailed Spooky already but know they're out for the weekend.[quoted image]

That whole top piece is held in place by the two Phillip screws. Remove the screws and reseat the plastic in place, one of the two might have to be moved slightly (most likely the right one) downward towards the main playfield and this will open the gap enough and allow the ball to pass through.

#5239 2 years ago

Anybody else having issues with air balls on the middle playfield? I have confirmed with spooky that there is no way to turn down the flipper power. They suggested I take a look at the flipper rubber and there is no issue there. But in playing three games tonight I broke the top of the pumpkin off, dinged the knife and broke the fencing off the Sanitarium. The upper playfield seems fine.

#5240 2 years ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Anybody else having issues with air balls on the middle playfield? I have confirmed with spooky that there is no way to turn down the flipper power. They suggested I take a look at the flipper rubber and there is no issue there. But in playing three games tonight I broke the top of the pumpkin off, dinged the knife and broke the fencing off the Sanitarium. The upper playfield seems fine.

This game needs flipper coil setting for sure, they seem way OP. Many airballs as well and the rubbers and game pitch is just fine.

#5241 2 years ago

A friend just got his… it’s un-playable out of the box and he has to swap out a bunch of parts that need to be shipped to him. Between that and reading all the shit ya’ll are dealing with I don’t think I’ve ever been less excited to unbox a game haha. Monday should be interesting!

#5242 2 years ago

Finally unboxed/setup my new CE, and:

1) The left upper field flipper does not work. Using the Coil Test I can hear a faint sound of the coil firing but the flipper does not move at all. Either the coil is busted or the flipper was not installed properly (hopefully the latter). I will investigate tonight. Has anyone else had this issue?

2) The subway metal flap at the right return is not flush with the playfield, as is the one on the left side. Balls entering the right return get stuck 100% of the time. I will look into that as well, but it also appears to have been installed wrong.

3) The hand/knife piece of the topper was not attached and was loose in the box (luckily the whole thing was wrapped in a blanket and it did not get damaged, even if it's a pretty flimsy piece of plastic). There is supposed to be a (tiny) retaining screw on the side of the piece that mounts to the shaft that's missing. Should be an easy fix once I find a screw that small.

Other than this, the game looks great. I hope to get to play it soon...

#5243 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

This game needs flipper coil setting for sure, they seem way OP. Many airballs as well and the rubbers and game pitch is just fine.

That's odd. I would say my flipper power is spot on.

#5244 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Finally unboxed/setup my new CE, and:
1) The left upper field flipper does not work. Using the Coil Test I can hear a faint sound of the coil firing but the flipper does not move at all. Either the coil is busted or the flipper was not installed properly (hopefully the latter). I will investigate tonight. Has anyone else had this issue?
2) The subway metal flap at the right return is not flush with the playfield, as is the one on the left side. Balls entering the right return get stuck 100% of the time. I will look into that as well, but it also appears to have been installed wrong.
3) The hand/knife piece of the topper was not attached and was loose in the box (luckily the whole thing was wrapped in a blanket and it did not get damaged, even if it's a pretty flimsy piece of plastic). There is supposed to be a (tiny) retaining screw on the side of the piece that mounts to the shaft that's missing. Should be an easy fix once I find a screw that small.
Other than this, the game looks great. I hope to get to play it soon...

Shit like this makes me nervous... newish to the hobby.. I'm #495 and paid already.. fingers crossed

#5245 2 years ago
Quoted from NewmanJerry:

Shit like this makes me nervous... newish to the hobby.. I'm #495 and paid already.. fingers crossed

Best way to learn is when shit breaks! But yeah, it stings a bit when you’re doing it on a 9k brand new game for sure.

#5246 2 years ago

That's odd. I would say my flipper power is spot on.

I'll agree there...powerfull but not crazy. Might have something to do with pitch? I'll measure mine tongihty.

#5247 2 years ago

Im at 6.5 which is what is recommended. The first night I set it up before bed it was at 7.3 so I assumed that bringing it down would fix the air balls but it didnt. I checked the flipper rubber for any issues and everything looks good. Does raising or lowering the flipper rubbers have any sort of effect on ball travel? I mean I absolutely love the speed and play of the game but im worried im going to destroy everything with all these air balls. And as far as the flipper power goes its only the middle playfield. The main flippers are perfect and the upper playfield sincerely rips those spinners.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll agree there...powerfull but not crazy. Might have something to do with pitch? I'll measure mine tongihty.

#5248 2 years ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Does raising or lowering the flipper rubbers have any sort of effect on ball travel?

If its too low, the ball could be hitting the top part/corner of the rubber and hit it upwards yes.

#5249 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Best way to learn is when shit breaks! But yeah, it stings a bit when you’re doing it on a 9k brand new game for sure.

Understood.

#5250 2 years ago

Man reading these new posts it’s as if the newer ones coming out are having more issues. I was mid 100s and haven’t had one single issue besides the upper upper pf flipper being misaligned out of the factory. My order looks fine. Very odd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 16,962 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/105 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.