IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 339.
#5151 1 year ago
Quoted from PedestrianWolf82:

How are there so many issues with these machines?
I was reading that alot of their staff from the past has quit, An now alot of the Halloween and Ultra's are arriving sometimes DOA, Or with serious defects.
How can a company justify their price tag for such poorly built machine's?
Honestly I have been pining for Halloween, As Carpenter is one of my favorites, But with the laundry list of things that are wrong with these, brand new pins, Just seems like throwing money away.

Huh? I've been following this thread for months, and have seen some, but overall very few issues. Where are these DOA machines?

#5152 1 year ago

I was reading that alot of their staff from the past has quit

Where was this printed?

#5153 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

I definitely recommend the monitor settings that someone else posted, 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On. The settings are on the back of the lcd. I was thinking about getting the monitor upgrade that has been suggested, but changing the settings really improved things, it’s not necessary to get a new display IMO.

Definitely helped for sure. Cheaper fix than a whole new display.

#5154 1 year ago

I was reading that alot of their staff from the past has quit, An now alot of the Halloween and Ultra's are arriving sometimes DOA, Or with serious defects.
Honestly I have been pining for Halloween, As Carpenter is one of my favorites, But with the laundry list of things that are wrong with these, brand new pins, Just seems like throwing money away.

Most I've ever had to fix or adjust on a pin was Elvira and now Rush is probably right up there with the scoop/switch issues, had to replace all the coil stops on a GZ LE with under 100 plays. Had a JJP GNR flipper coil fall off after a few games straight out of the box. It happens with all manufacturers.

#5155 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Most I've ever had to fix or adjust on a pin was Elvira and now Rush is probably right up there with the scoop/switch issues, had to replace all the coil stops on a GZ LE with under 100 plays. Had a JJP GNR flipper coil fall off after a few games straight out of the box. It happens with all manufacturers.

Not to mention actual true damage like the huge amount of playfield issues that were sent out between Stern and JJP. If something spooky sends is 'DOA' because you need to adjust a switch or diverter I will take that any day over my 10k toy having the playfield disintegrating every play.

#5156 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Where was this printed?

I believe he’s misinterpreting the change of the creative team from Rick & Morty - most games have different people doing design, rules and code from the previous game.

#5157 1 year ago

So just got word my machine is coming on Friday. Have we determined that I should buy the 2k clear and coat the lockdown bar before playing?
What are everyone’s thoughts on how to handle this situation?

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Started spraying the 2k clear. DO NOT use and prep cleaner. I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner which is pretty much aerosol isopropyl alcohol and evaporates and leaves no residue.
Went to wipe to make sure dry and some of the gold and black powder coat came off. See pics. If any clear was applied it was very little.
The amount of powder coating seems pretty thin. I attached pics were it rubbed completely off where the lockdown bar makes contact.
Whoever did the powder coating should pay to have them done correctly. Sure looks like it was rushed with very little or no clear coat(not saying it’s fact), but sure looks like it.
Not happy where more gold and black powder coat came off. Looks worse in sunlight but damn.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So just got word my machine is coming on Friday. Have we determined that I should buy the 2k clear and coat the lockdown bar before playing?

Outside of having it power coated then yes use the 2k. I did multiple coats with one can. Todays the first day of playing so will have to update and see how it holds up.

#5159 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I just wear a pair of gloves when I play. It prevents the oils from my hands from marring the finish. I just use the same cheap nitrile gloves I use whenever I'm working in my games.

#5160 1 year ago

Love the house mod. Here’s a video of it.

#5161 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I just wear a pair of gloves when I play. It prevents the oils from my hands from marring the finish. I just use the same cheap nitrile gloves I use whenever I'm working in my games.

Sorry but that’s not a practical fix for me. I do not want to have to put gloves on every time I play or expect my wife and kids to do. 2k max Clear coat is a more viable and cheap solution.

#5162 1 year ago

I haven't seen one in person yet, but my god those LED's make it hard to even see whats going on in the house.

#5163 1 year ago

The Leds just translate poorly on video. They actually look terrific in person.

Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't seen one in person yet, but my god those LED's make it hard to even see whats going on in the house.

#5164 1 year ago

Did you use the gloss or the matte?

Outside of having it power coated then yes use the 2k. I did multiple coats with one can. Todays the first day of playing so will have to update and see how it holds up.

#5165 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It’s not as bad in person. The video makes it seem worse than it is.

#5166 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Did you use the gloss or the matte?

I used gloss.

USC SprayMax 2K Glamour High Gloss Aerosol Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0082LJMC6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_T4KK417KC3PVKW0X2GNR

#5167 1 year ago

If I just did the lockdown bar would you be able to tell a big difference were it meets the side rails? Did you sand? How many coats?

Sorry for all the questions, this is all new to me

#5168 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:If I just did the lockdown bar would you be able to tell a big difference were it meets the side rails? Did you sand? How many coats?
Sorry for all the questions, this is all new to me

If you're just using 2K, spray the lock bar and last foot or so of the side armor. Anywhere where your hands would touch. Remove the metal and wipe it down with soap and water before spraying. Anything stronger seems to react with the powder. I'll be interested if this does the trick. Me personally, I'm going hard core and having my local powder coater apply clear powder.

#5169 1 year ago

Sorry but that’s not a practical fix for me. I do not want to have to put gloves on every time I play or expect my wife and kids to do. 2k max Clear coat is a more viable and cheap solution.

Of course it is. Don't you want your game to remain pristine? Finger prints make the machine lose tens of dollars if value!

#5170 1 year ago

Nobody is throwing their money away, but it appears it's a bit of a gamble whether you'll get one that's mint and playing great. A guy I know just got his and it's neither mint nor playing great. Spooky's QC and final inspections still have a ways to go.

#5171 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes. This has been addressed upon release. Best to see and play the game, before passing judgement, it's been a non-issue for awhile now. Go find one!

#5172 1 year ago

Kind of skimpy and cheap, but soft and looks sick in the dark! Fleece Throw Blanket for Couch Bed Lightweight Plush Fuzzy Cozy Soft Halloween Horror Movie Blankets and Throws 50"X40" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FPRKCDW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GKQKYH75KRT3H1NSS5GW

17B1AFED-BF6F-4994-8730-3473EDB409D2 (resized).jpeg17B1AFED-BF6F-4994-8730-3473EDB409D2 (resized).jpeg
#5173 1 year ago

Kind of skimpy and cheap, but soft and looks sick in the dark! Fleece Throw Blanket for Couch Bed Lightweight Plush Fuzzy Cozy Soft Halloween Horror Movie Blankets and Throws 50"X40" amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

I was debating on getting that. I bought the Halloween tapestry on Amazon but it’s so thin it doesn’t stay on the glass very well. Looks good! Thanks for posting.

#5174 1 year ago

I was debating on getting that. I bought the Halloween tapestry on Amazon but it’s so thin it doesn’t stay on the glass very well. Looks good! Thanks for posting.

You can sew little pockets on the back of just about anything and slip some magnets in there to grab on the rails. Towels, Tapestries, Canvas...all works fine.

#5175 1 year ago

Same idea, but I use this one myself

41482CFB-0613-491D-8A29-1A3135B4B064 (resized).png41482CFB-0613-491D-8A29-1A3135B4B064 (resized).png
#5176 1 year ago

How about you fix all the spelling, capitalization, and grammar issues you have there.

#5177 1 year ago

Thanks my friend! Really appreciate it. I ordered MRS from Matt but will adjust it till they arrive. Thanks for the help.

Mine came in just a few days (one for mando, one for Halloween which I just paid for 509).

#5178 1 year ago

Looks great. Ours should be here any day! A great mod from all appearances. Great job Vimtoman.

#5179 1 year ago

Kind of skimpy and cheap, but soft and looks sick in the dark! Fleece Throw Blanket for Couch Bed Lightweight Plush Fuzzy Cozy Soft Halloween Horror Movie Blankets and Throws 50"X40" amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Another example here, have 4 magnets sewn in with fabric between them & the machine to keep in place. Have custom theme towels on each of my games. Allows me to tuck my pinball games to bed when I'm done.

20220421_082542 (resized).jpg20220421_082542 (resized).jpg20220421_082706 (resized).jpg20220421_082706 (resized).jpg
#5180 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You can sew little pockets on the back of just about anything and slip some magnets in there to grab on the rails. Towels, Tapestries, Canvas...all works fine.

Ok thanks! Will have my wife do that.

#5181 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Another example here, have 4 magnets sewn in with fabric between them & the machine to keep in place. Have custom theme towels on each of my games. Allows me to tuck my pinball games to bed when I'm done.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The magnet idea is a good one. I have these on all of my machines and some of them slide off constantly. I used magnets on top but I forget they are there, pull the towel off and then have to find the magnets! lol

#5182 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you order them from? Looks great.

#5183 1 year ago

I used personalization mall.

#5184 1 year ago

I think there’s a memory leak somewhere in the code. I work on an Air Force base, i just got the game and I decided to bring it into the break room at work to let my coworkers play it for a week or two. We are 24 hour operations. I’ll come in in the morning and the game will be totally locked up and need a reboot. It’s not every day, it usually takes a day or two for it to happen. Just something to think about for Spooky or for anyone playing on putting it on location.

#5185 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I used "Sky Mall", for this travel pillow...

travel-pillow (resized).jpgtravel-pillow (resized).jpg
#5186 1 year ago

C’mon, we all know that’s a hemorrhoid pillow.

Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

#5187 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Awesome. Thank you!

Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Will check them out also. Appreciate it.

#5188 1 year ago

This one actually stays on nicely and has great colors, it’s just a little short (only about 1/3 down the cab on the sides and to the coin slots on the front), but for $25 I’m happy with it.

#5189 1 year ago

I ordered all the beach towels (can get blankets too) from FineArtAmerica.com
2202 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90405

You can choose from dozens of designs for each topic you search for. Suppose to be from independent artists and I like the idea of supporting the "little guy".

#5190 1 year ago

I just paid the invoice for Halloween CE #504!!

2325A563-4B87-4C00-9798-96F78F292328 (resized).jpeg2325A563-4B87-4C00-9798-96F78F292328 (resized).jpeg
#5191 1 year ago

Received 413 this week. The machine came in with a couple of miner issues, the bulb for pumpkin didn't work. Spooky sending new one. I like the quality and the game play, I would recommend for anyone's collection.

#5192 1 year ago

I just think it was fitting to find this for this title. A little blood on it would have been even cooler. Haha!

334D860B-158B-4962-A5DD-633A207860C8 (resized).jpeg334D860B-158B-4962-A5DD-633A207860C8 (resized).jpeg
#5193 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just think it was fitting to find this for this title. A little blood on it would have been even cooler. Haha!
[quoted image]

Was this individually wrapped ?! You’ve gotta have your parents check your Halloween candy for razor blades!

#5194 1 year ago

Fun! Imagine working on the game and opening an artery on this! Bleed out right in the cab…found dead days later. You’d think QC would have found something like this.

Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

#5195 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I ordered all the beach towels (can get blankets too) from FineArtAmerica.com
2202 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90405
You can choose from dozens of designs for each topic you search for. Suppose to be from independent artists and I like the idea of supporting the "little guy".

Awesome. Thank you!

#5196 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

Yikes

#5197 1 year ago

Whoever is wiring these machines up needs to work on their skills.

#5198 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You’d think QC would have found something like this.

I got a free set of nice wire strippers inside my NIB Transformers.

Thanks Stern! I’m still using them today.

rd

#5199 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Whoever is wiring these machines up needs to work on their skills.

Brutal

#5200 1 year ago

I am at a freaking loss right now. My hand with knife for the topper fell off. I have used 1/16”, 5/24”, 3/32”, 1.5mm, and 2mm Allen wrenches to tighten the two screws down that hold it in place.

None work and can’t tighten the damn thing down. Outside of using some obscure size, I am at a loss.

9B0EEDDC-73AA-43FD-839D-A86EED538D47 (resized).jpeg9B0EEDDC-73AA-43FD-839D-A86EED538D47 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/104?hl=randyc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.