IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 338.
#5101 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Interesting. Sounds like some earlier owners are faring well on the powdercoat.

I'm # 159 halloween ce and my game has over 500 plays and I have ZERO issues with my powdercoat besides one small spot that's under the lock down bar from where I accidentally sat the playfield down to hard on it from adjusting my upper flipper when I had to set the playfield out of the game.

#5102 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Just an FYI.. 162 here. Well north of 500 games. Powerdercoat still looks great. Are others seeing this around the same number as me? Maybe bad batch?

Yup #159 here and about the same plays and no issues.

#5103 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:Interesting. Sounds like some earlier owners are faring well on the powdercoat.

#88 here, I can see the clear is gone under direct light that I centered over the palm print, dull at the corners where flat palm rest. Might be a smidge darker now. Low plays.
Screenshot_20220418-190432_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220418-190432_Gallery (resized).jpg

#5104 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Ceramic coating is drastically less durable than clear coat.

I know I used to spray cars but could still be ok and be a quick fix for many people who do not want to go the spraying route.

Why are we even talking about this, shouldn’t be a problem.

#5105 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

In general, I don't believe in Butter, so take my response with a grain. My reasoning is that with Spooky cabinets, you're comparing awesome with amazing, for a $1K difference. If the decal version kinda sucked, that would be one thing. Or, if Butter had different/better art, then I might see it. But the stock decals already look so nice, Butter seems incredibly frivolous (and I'm someone who powder coats and does other purely cosmetic things to games).
On top of that, I'd really think twice about investing more than you have to on HWN or UM. If it's a keeper for you, then do what you want. If you think you'll be to reselling at some point, I wouldn't touch Butter. In general, you don't really get your money back on Butter, and with the state of these 2 Spooky releases, who knows where the future game value will land. I'm personally assuming the value will rise to the point that people who held games aren't taking a loss, but that's speculation against all the current evidence.
So, why take a loss on the upgrade in addition to a potential loss on the game? I'd stay decal and enjoy the game for what it is. The artwork still looks amazing and you won't be overcommitted on speculation regarding the future value.

Great perspective, I have decided to stick with the original decals (And spend my 1k on a pinsound kit).

My game is coming up soon! I'm in the 530’s I believe.

I originally felt hopeful that a lot of these issues would be cleared up by now but seeing this powder coat issue has me worried along with the other quality control issues I keep reading about.

I'm a Spooky fan and this is a dream theme for me! Here's to hoping everything works out in our favor!

#5106 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Great perspective, I have decided to stick with the original decals (And spend my 1k on a pinsound kit).
My game is coming up soon! I'm in the 530’s I believe.
I originally felt hopeful that a lot of these issues would be cleared up by now but seeing this powder coat issue has me worried along with the other quality control issues I keep reading about.
I'm a Spooky fan and this is a dream theme for me! Here's to hoping everything works out in our favor!

Do not waste your money. The speakers, subwoofer, and amp are awesome in it. You would be a fool to upgrade the speakers let alone spending a grand on them.

#5107 1 year ago

Started spraying the 2k clear. DO NOT use and prep cleaner. I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner which is pretty much aerosol isopropyl alcohol and evaporates and leaves no residue.

Went to wipe to make sure dry and some of the gold and black powder coat came off. See pics. If any clear was applied it was very little.

The amount of powder coating seems pretty thin. I attached pics were it rubbed completely off where the lockdown bar makes contact.

Whoever did the powder coating should pay to have them done correctly. Sure looks like it was rushed with very little or no clear coat(not saying it’s fact), but sure looks like it.

Not happy where more gold and black powder coat came off. Looks worse in sunlight but damn.

02C8116C-489F-43DF-9FFB-B452B44C5858 (resized).jpeg02C8116C-489F-43DF-9FFB-B452B44C5858 (resized).jpeg43538246-0DC3-4C06-A2C5-6D56A8E4917E (resized).jpeg43538246-0DC3-4C06-A2C5-6D56A8E4917E (resized).jpegA3A36CE4-E144-4D7B-BD36-0983CE937879 (resized).jpegA3A36CE4-E144-4D7B-BD36-0983CE937879 (resized).jpeg25800EF2-BBA9-41BE-BC01-1B3FE9F744A2 (resized).jpeg25800EF2-BBA9-41BE-BC01-1B3FE9F744A2 (resized).jpeg8444A2D0-3937-4633-9568-A66D19018493 (resized).jpeg8444A2D0-3937-4633-9568-A66D19018493 (resized).jpeg

#5108 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Started spraying the 2k clear. DO NOT use and prep cleaner. I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner which is pretty much aerosol isopropyl alcohol and evaporates and leaves no residue.
Went to wipe to make sure dry and some of the gold and black powder coat came off. See pics. If any clear was applied it was very little.
The amount of powder coating seems pretty thin. I attached pics were it rubbed completely off where the lockdown bar makes contact.
Not happy where more gold and black powder coat came off. Looks worse in sunlight but damn.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I believe the only long term solution is too completely change the powdercoat color with a one tone. I'm thinking of getting mine done in a metallic Halloween orange

#5109 1 year ago

Wow, I’m curious how much the 2k clear will even help if the base it is being applied to is so unstable.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#5110 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I believe the only long term solution is too completely change the powdercoat color with a one tone. I'm thinking of getting mine done in a metallic Halloween orange. Such a shame that this kind of powdercoat doesn't up. As I really do like it

#5111 1 year ago

Do not waste your money. The speakers, subwoofer, and amp are awesome in it. You would be a fool to upgrade the speakers let alone spending a grand on them.

The pinsoud will be for my Dracula LOL.

#5112 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

It sounds crazy when writing this out, but I have started wearing gloves while I play my HWN. I don’t have much noticeable wear yet but unless I know all of rails/lockdown bars are going to be “fixed” or replaced, I’m going to do what I can to slow down the wear/fade.
And as for the Butter discussion, I have decals and mine are pristine. Not a blemish on the cabinet that I can find. Early run CE #111.

Crazy has company: I've been popping my HW so much to keep the ball in play on the 3rd level pf that my right palm is badly bruised: It's a blast! I'm seriously considering wearing padded gloves as this had developed into a "repetitive motion injury"! Looking on the bright side maybe my power coat finish will last longer...

#5113 1 year ago

I definitely recommend the monitor settings that someone else posted, 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On. The settings are on the back of the lcd. I was thinking about getting the monitor upgrade that has been suggested, but changing the settings really improved things, it’s not necessary to get a new display IMO.

#5114 1 year ago

Trying to diagnose my topper motor not working (lights are good), can someone with a working topper please post a pic of their power distribution board in the right rear of the cab? Checking to see if mine is punched correctly, thanks in advance!

9ECDDB43-BF9D-4435-A29C-5D1BCD078E94 (resized).jpeg9ECDDB43-BF9D-4435-A29C-5D1BCD078E94 (resized).jpeg
#5115 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Trying to diagnose my topper motor not working (lights are good), can someone with a working topper please post a pic of their power distribution board in the right rear of the cab? Checking to see if mine is punched correctly, thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

Also check the connection at the back where the topper connects to the harness.

Just to confirm, you turned the topper on in the menu and nothing happens?

Screenshot_20220419-113054_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220419-113054_Gallery (resized).jpg

#5116 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Also check the connection at the back where the topper connects to the harness.
Just to confirm, you turned the topper on in the menu and nothing happens?
[quoted image]

Yep, topper is “on” in menu, harness connections are good, connections look good all the way through. Wondering if I got a bad motor?

#5117 1 year ago

You can test the motor itself with a multimeter pretty easily since it’s entirely exposed.

Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Yep, topper is “on” in menu, harness connections are good, connections look good all the way through. Wondering if I got a bad motor?

#5118 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

The pinsoud will be for my Dracula LOL.

Oh ok. But you can get get sound for a lot cheaper. Seems like a lot of money to put into a Dracula. You can get a decent set of speakers, subwoofer, and an amp for much less than grand. But it’s your money. Goodluck with whatever route you go.

#5119 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Wow, I’m curious how much the 2k clear will even help if the base it is being applied to is so unstable.

Yeah I shall see. I will let you know how it holds up. I should know after a week or so. Going to let it cure. I wasn’t using the 2k for anything so decided to use it before it goes bad.

If it doesn’t I will be going with a burnt orange metallic then. Really a shame this powder coating is not holding up. That’s the whole point of it, durability and longevity.

#5120 1 year ago

Few questions....since we are talking about the topper motor....does this come on often in game play? I don't see that it comes on often. Also, the Judith ball lock. How do I know when the ball will lock in there? Sometimes it locks and sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out when its going to happen.

#5121 1 year ago

It will only lock at the very start of each ball as skill shot.

Quoted from insight75:

Few questions....since we are talking about the topper motor....does this come on often in game play? I don't see that it comes on often. Also, the Judith ball lock. How do I know when the ball will lock in there? Sometimes it locks and sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out when its going to happen.

#5122 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Also, the Judith ball lock. How do I know when the ball will lock in there? Sometimes it locks and sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out when its going to happen.

The lock is lit at the beginning of each skill shot. After the skill shot, you need to hit the target 5 times in order to light the lock. It's a really tough shot and I think I've only ever qualified it once. I wish Spooky would update the code so it counts as a hit if the ball passes the opto. Maybe it could count as 1 hit for passing the opto and 2 hits if you can actually hit the target in back.

#5123 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The lock is lit at the beginning of each skill shot. After the skill shot, you need to hit the target 5 times in order to light the lock. It's a really tough shot and I think I've only ever qualified it once. I wish Spooky would update the code so it counts as a hit if the ball passes the opto. Maybe it could count as 1 hit for passing the opto and 2 hits if you can actually hit the target in back.

Or maybe hit some combo of ramps/targets to light it and then you have 15 seconds to lock a ball? If I don't get it off the skill shot I don't even bother with it since the risk/reward is too high.

#5124 1 year ago

Oh ok. But you can get get sound for a lot cheaper. Seems like a lot of money to put into a Dracula. You can get a decent set of speakers, subwoofer, and an amp for much less than grand. But it’s your money. Goodluck with whatever route you go.

So basically I was referring to the kit which also includes the speakers for $849.95. (pinsound, shaker motor, speakers, etc.)

Is there a set of better quality speakers/sub for a lower price available somewhere? If so let me know.

The Dracula pinsound upgrade is Amazing! (Youtube it if interested).

“Seems like a lot of money to put into Dracula”

There is a “cult following” on Pinside for the Dracula pinball machine for a reason.

Don't sleep on it.

8C17A64B-5876-4BD7-A678-636397F550FF (resized).jpeg8C17A64B-5876-4BD7-A678-636397F550FF (resized).jpeg
#5125 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

So basically I was referring to the kit which also includes the speakers for $849.95. (pinsound, shaker motor, speakers, etc.)
Is there a set of better quality speakers/sub for a lower price available somewhere? If so let me know.
There is a “cult following” on Pinside for the Dracula pinball machine for a reason.
Don't sleep on it. [quoted image]

Oh that’s a nice kit. Comes with a shaker also. That’s cool. I stand corrected.

#5126 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I wouldnt buy the speakers. Shaker is up to you, but its overpriced - however its the only way to get granular control over a shaker - I'd verify the pinsound shaker config for BSD is any good - the sound mix is OUTSTANDING, but I dont know about the shaker. If it sucks, youve wasted your money unless you want to program it yourself (which you CAN do). Pinball Pro makes a pinsound-compatble kit which is just as simple to install.

#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I had that in mine and it’s unbelievable, think I put a video up on YouTube. Even creepier with that.

#5128 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It will only lock at the very start of each ball as skill shot.

Now I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

#5129 1 year ago

invoice paid number 508

#5130 1 year ago

Anyone ever get a "Ball 4" to come up after you put your name in?

#5131 1 year ago

I just had mine get stuck in multi ball for a heck of a long time before the flippers went dead to select the mode. Anyone have this happen? At least I got a good score. lol.

#5132 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

He's not wrong. I keep upgrading Draculas and finally just popped for a HEP Dracula. My 5th and last Dracula. I keep buying horror pins and so far they're all Dracula's bitches.
P.S. Halloween is not factored into that. Have yet to receive mine.

#5133 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Just an FYI.. 162 here. Well north of 500 games. Powerdercoat still looks great. Are others seeing this around the same number as me? Maybe bad batch?

#83 here and my lockdown bar has the discolored on the left side. Side rails seem ok. I bought a new lockdown bar from Spooky as a backup but wont put it on until the current one is toast.

#5134 1 year ago

What did they charge you for the new lockdown bar?

Quoted from jk2171:

#83 here and my lockdown bar has the discolored on the left side. Side rails seem ok. I bought a new lockdown bar from Spooky as a backup but wont put it on until the current one is toast.

#5135 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

He's not wrong. I keep upgrading Draculas and finally just popped for a HEP Dracula. My 5th and last Dracula. I keep buying horror pins and so far they're all Dracula's bitches.
P.S. Halloween is not factored into that. Have yet to receive mine.

I think you may be responsible for starting the Dracula cult. Loooooool!!

#5136 1 year ago

How is Jack o lanterm MB lit?

#5137 1 year ago

Complete a lower tier mode. Visit Stalker and make it to the house and score the bonus. Pumpkin should flash red. Make that should and the sequence starts with the little kid falling on his pumpkin then running into MM.

#5138 1 year ago

Weird, got it 3-4 games in a row on ball 2 without doing much...or anything?

#5139 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What did they charge you for the new lockdown bar?

$75

#5140 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How is Jack o lanterm MB lit?

I think it's automatically lit at the scoop after you play 3 modes.

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I think it's automatically lit at the scoop after you play 3 modes.

Yeah all games wouldn't have completed more than 1 mode. Machine was having a Drop target problem (dot) so must have been strange confluence of things.

#5142 1 year ago

Getting ready to try and fix the right orbit switch and left. How did you guys bend it in order to get the hair like trigger fix? Or just go with MRS and be done with it? Thanks for the help!

C363ED4F-B892-452C-B147-6F15A3175128 (resized).jpegC363ED4F-B892-452C-B147-6F15A3175128 (resized).jpeg
#5143 1 year ago

Just bend it and test it...again...and again

#5144 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just bend it and test it...again...and again

Bend up or down or a combination of both?

#5145 1 year ago

You probably want to bend it more up & towards the middle of the lane so the ball is more likely to hit it.
But also, make sure the metal that actually hits the microswitch is close to switch.

#5146 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You probably want to bend it more up & towards the middle of the lane so the ball is more likely to hit it.
But also, make sure the metal that actually hits the microswitch is close to switch.

Thanks my friend! Really appreciate it. I ordered MRS from Matt but will adjust it till they arrive. Thanks for the help.

#5147 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Curious to see if the scale is correct for those... I am thinking most doll houses are bigger than the mod, so the shingles might be too big. But if not, that is a winning idea! If the scale is right, it will look a lot better than paint.

I like it...The roof had good detail in he plastic but wanted to make it pop more.
6cfaac18687ba48062857cdaf0bbc62c0e65334c (resized).jpg6cfaac18687ba48062857cdaf0bbc62c0e65334c (resized).jpg

499d1c988f57af32ea6ff119bd0ea93961cdb1e6 (resized).jpg499d1c988f57af32ea6ff119bd0ea93961cdb1e6 (resized).jpg
#5148 1 year ago

How are there so many issues with these machines?
I was reading that alot of their staff from the past has quit, An now alot of the Halloween and Ultra's are arriving sometimes DOA, Or with serious defects.
How can a company justify their price tag for such poorly built machine's?
Honestly I have been pining for Halloween, As Carpenter is one of my favorites, But with the laundry list of things that are wrong with these, brand new pins, Just seems like throwing money away.

#5149 1 year ago
Quoted from PedestrianWolf82:

I was reading that alot of their staff from the past has quit, An now alot of the Halloween and Ultra's are arriving sometimes DOA, Or with serious defects.
Honestly I have been pining for Halloween, As Carpenter is one of my favorites, But with the laundry list of things that are wrong with these, brand new pins, Just seems like throwing money away.

There aren't that many issues. There are a small amount of people being overly vocal on tiny issues. Spooky service is too notch. I wouldn't hesitate buying. All pins need tweaked and repaired. If that's beyond you, pinball probably isn't a good hobby.

#5150 1 year ago
Quoted from PedestrianWolf82:

Spooky won’t leave you hanging (unlike some other companies). Don’t be afraid to pull the trigger. The game really is pretty darn good. I also enjoy the seeing the progression of code. Some people want a finished product but I personally enjoy the journey.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
There are 16,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/103?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.