Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 339.
#451 2 years ago

Starting to wonder if buying this game was a mistake way too many going out for sale first spooky game for me starting to look like my last not to mention what Happened to 5 to 2 Halloween to Ultraman at this rate Ultraman will be done way before Halloween

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:what Happened to 5 to 2 Halloween to Ultraman at this rate Ultraman will be done way before Halloween

I couldn't agree more and it is really pissing me off that there have been a 1-1 so far

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Starting to wonder if buying this game was a mistake way too many going out for sale first spooky game for me starting to look like my last not to mention what Happened to 5 to 2 Halloween to Ultraman at this rate Ultraman will be done way before Halloween

Why would people selling their game before they even have it make purchasing seem like a mistake? Wouldn't playing it help inform your decision more?
Seems like a lot of speculation to me.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Why would people selling their game before they even have it make purchasing seem like a mistake?

Because there are people out there with an audience shit stirring, make your own minds up and don’t be so gullible.

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I have a bit of a headache this morning, hope you enjoyed yours

Yea...went into idiot mode a bit last night, deciding to do a nice double espresso of Death Wish before hitting the bourbon ( knowing I wanted to play the pins for awhile). Paying for it currently, lol

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Because there are people out there with an audience shit stirring, make your own minds up and don’t be so gullible.

Has there been a new pin released in recent memory that didn't have a bunch bail because of 1 reason or another? Don't think so.

Guess the more that do in front of me means the earlier I get mine....but no hurry regardless...

#457 2 years ago

Crazy amount of spots for sale. Hmmmm.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea...went into idiot mode a bit last night, deciding to do a nice double espresso of Death Wish before hitting the bourbon ( knowing I wanted to play the pins for awhile). Paying for it currently, lol

Same here, had some KFC that helped!

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Same here, had some KFC that helped!

Man, I tried to get as much water in my body as could be tolerated....helped some, but like the KFC idea!!!

#460 2 years ago

I don't think it has much to do with the game itself. Too many people bought the game to turn a quick profit. So many infact, they are currently undercutting themselves so there is zero profit. Eventually the games will be in the hands of those that actually want them and the market will stabilize.

#461 2 years ago

Do we know if Halloween has the same LCD as Rick and Morty?

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Never buy until you have a chance to play and see what's happening with production.

It's really that simple.

Obviously, you can FOMO buy... but anything that happens after that is on you.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Never buy until you have a chance to play and see what's happening with production.
It's really that simple.
Obviously, you can FOMO buy... but anything that happens after that is on you.

I only started this Hobby in 2017.....Is there a HUO pin that is significantly worth less today than what was paid for when it first came out?

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I only started this Hobby in 2017.....Is there a HUO NIB pin that is significantly worth less today than what was paid for when it first came out?

Thunderbirds.

#465 2 years ago

Any others? I mean the only pinball machine made in China..lol

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I only started this Hobby in 2017.....Is there a HUO pin that is significantly worth less today than what was paid for when it first came out?

6-7 years ago, you’d lose 1k on a NIB the second you opened it. Not the case any more. That could change tho…

Thunderbirds is definitely a good example of pan that lost value. Heighway’s Full Throttle is another

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

6-7 years ago, you’d lose 1k on a NIB the second you opened it. Not the case any more. That could change tho…
Thunderbirds is definitely a good example of pan that lost value. Heighway’s Full Throttle is another

Seems like the hobby is gaining traction by the day. Becoming more and more mainstream. I don't think people will be taking big losses on NIB anytime soon, that's just my take. I go into buying NIB expecting to lose a little as you should...I don't think buying Halloween sight unseen pin is a big risk these days. I will just sell down the line if I end up not liking it and wouldn't expect much of a loss if I do.

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Seems like the hobby is gaining traction by the day. Becoming more and more mainstream. I don't think people will be taking big losses on NIB anytime soon, that's just my take. I go into buying NIB expecting to lose a little as you should...I don't think buying Halloween sight unseen pin is a big risk these days. I will just sell down the line if I end up not liking it and wouldn't expect much of a loss if I do.

I could have written this post. Im not so much a Halloween fan, but I like what Spooky is doing and want to support them. I believe the pin is going to end up bad ass and sought-after when all is said and done.

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've seen ventilation holes in pins, but never a port ( not really sealed as mentioned above). Does any manufacturer do that? Suspect the air volume in a Pin cabinet is way sufficient for the driver to beat it's little heart out....

Yes...Spooky. TNA.

20160603_191819[1] (resized).jpg20160603_191819[1] (resized).jpg

Granted that is scotts prototype, so i don't know if they changed anything, but I highly doubt it.

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thunderbirds lol

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yes...Spooky. TNA.
[quoted image]
Granted that is scotts prototype, so i don't know if they changed anything, but I highly doubt it.

Very cool!!! Learned something today....props to them for going at it!!!!

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Would agree. Easily one of the safest hobbies to enjoy imho, regarding least fiscal impact. They are heavy and take up space however...

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Would agree. Easily one of the safest hobbies to enjoy imho, regarding least fiscal impact. They are heavy and take up space however...

That's for sure. I got a pinball cart few months ago to save my back and the pinball machines..lol I also lost a spare bedroom to overflow...lol

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That's for sure. I got a pinball cart few months ago to save my back and the pinball machines..lol I also lost a spare bedroom to overflow...lol

Given you're "newish" to the hobby I have to warn you.....it only gets worse.....

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has there been a new pin released in recent memory that didn't have a bunch bail because of 1 reason or another? Don't think so.
Guess the more that do in front of me means the earlier I get mine....but no hurry regardless...

Remember how much people were pissing on Stranger Things when it came out? The owners are sitting pretty now, aren't they?

All these pinside pissers who haven't even played the pin can go fornicate with some farm animals.

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Remember how much people were pissing on Stranger Things when it came out? The owners are sitting pretty now, aren't they?
All these pinside pissers who haven't even played the pin can go fornicate with some farm animals.

Yepper....I started a poll to make sense of it all...of course it won't....

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think it has much to do with the game itself. Too many people bought the game to turn a quick profit. So many infact, they are currently undercutting themselves so there is zero profit. Eventually the games will be in the hands of those that actually want them and the market will stabilize.

Ya, I think it's in large measure that some people saw Spooky's Rick and Morty immediately jump in value and were planning to scalp. Then of course all the typical life circumstances that might make someone drop out and new game announcements.

Also as it's been mentioned the Spooky sales model is such that if a game is selling fast you have to jump on it fast. I got my Alice Cooper order in months after it was available, and my number was in the mid 300s, but even in a couple years the market has changed a lot and while Halloween is something of a niche theme I'd think Alice Cooper is all the moreso.

In any case I'm a huge fan of John Carpenter and Halloween so I knew I had to have this from the very initial teaser. I also think Spooky's success is altogether deserved and good for the industry at large. Even if the gameplay on this doesn't click with me 100% I'm keeping it as a collector item, and it's about as ultimate a Halloween collectible that is out there.

I also really wanted to encourage true horror themes to be made for pinball as those have always been few and far between

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

In any case I'm a huge fan of John Carpenter and Halloween so I knew I had to have this from the very initial teaser. I also think Spooky's success is altogether deserved and good for the industry at large. Even if the gameplay on this doesn't click with me 100% I'm keeping it as a collector item, and it's about as ultimate a Halloween collectible that is out there.

I also really wanted to encourage true horror themes to be made for pinball as those have always been few and far between

Bingo right there.

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

#52 in its home. Still missing the knife plunger
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s such a good looking pin. I’m at the back of the line on a CE, but patiently waiting. These pics help me know I’m getting a banger of a pin

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Oh, that could be a blown fuse. On the pinotaur, you should see 3 fuses on the bottom right. When in the coil test menu, they'll have green lights on behind them if theyre good. No light means its blown. You of course could just pull out each one and inspect it manually. Apparantly some machines have an issue with the rightmost fuse blowing (two flipper coils use that bank). Replacing it with a 5A fuse seems to be working for most people. Not sure if people are using slow blow or fast blow 5A fuses to fix it. Make sure the game is off when you insert the new fuse. And when you power it back up after the fuse swap, make sure no coils fire a couple seconds after boot. If they do, it indicates a different problem, which you'll have to call or email us about.

Yup, the fuse seems to have done the trick. thanks for the advice!

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

GNR is horrible. Played it again today at my local arcade. On looks it’s worth the money, but playing it definitely not worth it. Halloween all the way and I have not watched the movie yet, but I will. Born in 1971. Was never a horror fan but my wife and daughters are and want this pin. I am really excited for it. #481

I’ve got both on order. GnR is an amazing pin, if you don’t get an adrenaline rush playing that pin, you don’t have a pulse.

#482 2 years ago

About to play #10 on location in tourney at Electric Bat

20211023_120416 (resized).jpg20211023_120416 (resized).jpg
#483 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

About to play #10 on location in tourney at Electric Bat[quoted image]

That place is so awesome! loved playing there on my visits to Phoenix.

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

About to play #10 on location in tourney at Electric Bat[quoted image]

What!!! I know where I'm going Monday night when back in town!!!

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That place is so awesome! loved playing there on my visits to Phoenix.

It really is. I'm usually there once a week, but I need to get into the weekly tourneys.

#486 2 years ago

The whole “people are dumping Halloween” thing is so fucking ridiculous.

Currently there are 17 total preorders for sale. Out of 1250 spots.

= 1.36%

Compare with:

Mandolorian LE - currently 12 for sale out of 750.

= 1.6%

TMNT LE - currently 6 out of 500 for sale.

= 1.2%

Godzilla LE - currently 12 out of 1000 for sale.

= 1.2%

GNR LE - plenty for sale, hard to percentage as we don’t know how many they’ve made.

Numbers are totally in line with every other recently released machine.

As the figures above show, some people buy games on a whim, then flick them on. Sometimes for a profit. Sometimes not.

Remember those cheap Stranger Things and GOTG in the first six months of release? I got offered a near new ST Pro for $4500 at one stage. Nobody wanted them. Fast forward 18 mths, they’re not $4500 any more.

rd

#487 2 years ago

^^^^

Revisiting that post, another thing to consider is that a lot of Stern games go overseas. Spookies not so much. I would guess less than 50 Halloweens are headed off shore.

And of course, Pinside ads are mostly US based.

So those Stern numbers are probably more like

Mandolorian LE - 12 out of estimated 500 US sales (250 exported)

= 2.4%. Could be more.

Etc etc.

Makes the Halloween claims even more dumb.

rd

#488 2 years ago

I hope spooky fixes the mode menu going off when the ball is in play, sooner than later. Watching people jamming on the flippers without looking up to realize the mode screen is going nuts between the selections and the shots they keep making really dampens the beauty of this machine. It is like that on ultraman as well, I reported it.

Having played both (and I own ultraman), I 100% like Halloween better! They are pulling off the broody moody theme well with the light show and the clips, so far. And they have just begun! One lady said "I never know where the ball is coming from".. I told her, yup, just like Michael! She got super into it then. Another was amazed that Spooky actually made him stressed out playing a pinball game like he was watching a scary movie. Everyone was liking it alot. Well done spooky crew!

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Currently there are 17 total preorders for sale. Out of 1250 spots...

That doesn't include already sold spots

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That doesn't include already sold spots

Neither do the others.

rd

#491 2 years ago

EXACTLY this.

Quoted from lpeters82:

#492 2 years ago

Spooky set up a model where you had basically no choice but to pay a club membership fee and buy the game with a very short clip of gameplay. Their deposits are also non refundable. Godzilla was also announced in the interim and that probably at least has had some impact. It’s always easy to blame some evil faceless flipper, but I really doubt that’s the case here. I think the sales model spooky has set up is more a factor on the market place listings.

I am one of the people trying to sell a spot…I never had any intention to flip. The theme is killer (as is the artwork) and the brief initial announcement clip looked really good. The more I’ve seen of the actual game, the less excited I am because I am just not sure the gameplay is for me. Thanks to this thread I see there is now one local...going to see for myself what I think before completely writing it off as not for me.

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The whole “people are dumping Halloween” thing is so fucking ridiculous.
Currently there are 17 total preorders for sale. Out of 1250 spots.
= 1.36%
Compare with:
Mandolorian LE - currently 12 for sale out of 750.
= 1.6%
TMNT LE - currently 6 out of 500 for sale.
= 1.2%
Godzilla LE - currently 12 out of 1000 for sale.
= 1.2%
GNR LE - plenty for sale, hard to percentage as we don’t know how many they’ve made.
Numbers are totally in line with every other recently released machine.
As the figures above show, some people buy games on a whim, then flick them on. Sometimes for a profit. Sometimes not.
Remember those cheap Stranger Things and GOTG in the first six months of release? I got offered a near new ST Pro for $4500 at one stage. Nobody wanted them. Fast forward 18 mths, they’re not $4500 any more.
rd

Truth…..period.

#494 2 years ago

Someone posted an early CE on Facebook for 15k. Has it begun?

#495 2 years ago

Regarding all the Halloween spots for sale; Spooky (& JJP) are one of the only companies selling larger numbers direct to customers with a no refund policy. Smart on their part because so many are ready to jump to the next new thing. Ask any Stern distributor how many people move their deposits from one game to the newest game after it’s announced.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Seems like the hobby is gaining traction by the day. Becoming more and more mainstream. I don't think people will be taking big losses on NIB anytime soon, that's just my take. I would expect a loss on NIB...I don't think buying Halloween sight unseen pin is a big risk these days. I will just sell down the line if I end up not liking it and wouldn't

Spooky set up a model where you had basically no choice but to pay a club membership fee and buy the game with a very short clip of gameplay. Their deposits are also non refundable. Godzilla was also announced in the interim and that probably at least has had some impact. It’s always easy to blame some evil faceless flipper, but I really doubt that’s the case here. I think the sales model spooky has set up is more a factor on the market place listings.
I am one of the people trying to sell a spot…I never had any intention to flip. The theme is killer (as is the artwork) and the brief initial announcement clip looked really good. The more I’ve seen of the actual game, the less excited I am because I am just not sure the gameplay is for me. Thanks to this thread I see there is now one local...going to see for myself what I think before completely writing it off as not for me.

And, as you’ve seen, you could have waited and bought spot.

It’s not Spooky’s fault

#497 2 years ago

Got to play this today... This game is really fun, and I mean really fun. I'm so excited about my order... Please Spooky, build faster... LOL

Jeff

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

And, as you’ve seen, you could have waited and bought spot.
It’s not Spooky’s fault

Not sure “fault” is the word I’d chose, but they created a unique and nonrefundable sales model that certainly has an impact on the current market. Had no way to know spots would be available at a loss. This was my first go around with Spooky, not waiting for more gameplay won’t happen again. Much prefer the Stern model of showing hours of gameplay right at announcement instead of weeks after the game has been announced and sold out from distributors. Still hoping it ends up being a good game that I enjoy. Live and learn.

#499 2 years ago

Karl is livestreaming a Halloween play with live flipper temp testing right now...

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

EDIT: Looks like it may beat jjGnR hottest flipper flipper coil temp measured... (still less than jjPotC)

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Not sure “fault” is the word I’d chose, but they created a unique and nonrefundable sales model that certainly has an impact on the current market. Had no way to know spots would be available at a loss. This was my first go around with Spooky, not waiting for more gameplay won’t happen again. Much prefer the Stern model of showing hours of gameplay right at announcement instead of weeks after the game has been announced and sold out from distributors. Still hoping it ends up being a good game that I enjoy. Live and learn.

Down the road, know that you can always get a game that interests you. They always come up for sale… just need to be patient

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.