B5230568-4E86-41E4-8127-AE4FB4F52D74 (resized).jpeg
33CA6818-A583-4FB7-8EDB-F10BF2350FFD (resized).png
76D6AF10-8ADD-44FB-9CFC-3213DD69D4AB (resized).png
20231031_211730 (resized).jpg
AC2720C3-4D5B-4692-A48F-515ED264A60D (resized).jpeg
aa64cb7d16069a4f (resized).jpeg
D26CEB95-3C96-42C5-972F-64EF17F0A899 (resized).jpeg
2249D364-E1F5-4C16-901A-C60C926DF8FE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m definitely having an actual backglass made. I was thinking of emailing the guy over at BGresto, but I know they do not do mirroring. Shay does, so maybe he would be able to help me out or point me in a direction. Open to any other suggestions or recommendations on this front.

I believe Rich from www.thisoldgame.com made a real backglass for the guy who made the Goonies retheme. I thought about doing it for my Ash vs Evil Dead and Lost in Space rethemes but ending up going the translite route instead and have been happy with the results.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Cool. I’ll reach out to him, and thanks for the info. I played your Ash v. Evil Dead at Pintastic last year. Awesome job on that game.

Thanks. If you have any questions on your project that I might be able to help with let me know. I love reading all the homebrew project threads.

2 weeks later
#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Backlighting the writing might be tough, or tough and very pricy. That's a lot of cut outs. Or maybe convert one of the acrylic aprons and just apply decals, and backlight the whole thing?

If a stern metal apron with the windows in it fits, you could use one of those. Then you could lasercut pieces of acrylic sized to fit in the triangluar areas with logos/text/etc. That would probably be a lot cheaper than laser cutting the apron itself. That would also make it easier to try different designs and just swap em in and out til you find sometime you like.

apron (resized).jpgapron (resized).jpg
#164 5 years ago

You could also fit a mini LCD in the apron window if you wanted some video or animated stuff instead of just backlit text.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I do like the idea. Maybe run some movie clips with a Raspberry Pi?
So Doc, how much you want to combine these ideas and put a killer apron together for this thing? Haha

If you want to just play assorted clips you can use one of the 4d smart displays. All the video processing stuff is built into the display so once you create your slideshow, animation, videos or whatever you put it on an SD card and the display will play automatically loop through them whenever +5v volts is applied.

https://www.4dsystems.com.au/products

For Lost in Space they always did a cliffhanger at the end of each episode, copied the following year by Batman. So for the beginning of each new episode they would do a recap to show what happened and start it off with "Last Week As You Recall....". So I thought it would be cool to have the video clips for each episode play in a little LCD on the apron. This a 2.4" that I put in apron and made a plastic bezel to give it a cleaner look.
lis_lcd_small.giflis_lcd_small.gif

2 years later
#449 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Done with main PF. Plastic / GI areas retraced, re-leveled a good amount of inserts. Just finished final art layout.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great! How will the art be done, direct paint on wood then clear or a custom painted overlay?

1 week later
#467 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely a theme I’ve always wanted. A little bitter sweet still at the moment. Perhaps they saw me getting close to the finish line on mine and wanted to beat me to the release? LOL.
I actually got a PM from Charlie today complimenting my efforts so far. Good dude.

Not sure if your game will have speech or not but maybe you can borrow some of their voice assets for your game. Getting Loomis to say "jackpot" or "player 1 is up" isnt something you can pull from the movies directly.

2 years later
#623 7 months ago

That would look really nice in the homebrew room at pintastic in 10 days.

2 weeks later
#651 7 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

As far as it sits and what’s needed, I’m on track to have it at York.

Looks great! Can't wait to play it York.

#660 7 months ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

I put the WAV trigger on my KISS machine and quickly realized using it in a different mode, you can virtually have unlimited sounds on your machine. For example, I’ve got something like 30 songs, over a dozen standard sound effects and my own dozen more additional sound effects. Sure takes a little work to get it all going (and I realize you might be under pressure), but this made my KISS machine something special.
Sure, I’d have to review my notes for details, but you might be interested.
Jeff

Does WAV trigger use a folder system to store sound clips? For example, when trigger #1 is hit it points to folder which has multiple sound clips in it and then randomly picks one of them to play? It it can do that then you'd have lots of variety with your sound mix.

So if you wanted a scream sound effect with a particular switch hit you could put 30 different screams in the folder assigned to that switch so it wouldn't be the same scream every time it's hit.

2 weeks later
#668 6 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

York bound baby!!!

Michael Myers approves Michael Myers coming to York!

mike-myers-thumbs-up.gifmike-myers-thumbs-up.gif
1 week later
#687 6 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'll certainly have the game at Pinfest in May, and maybe somewhere else sooner.

Well if it's ready by April 11'th you can bring it to the homebrew room at the Pintastic show. Our show now has a dedicated room showcasing homebrew games. It was a big hit at this years shown and should have more games at next year's show in April.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-jc-retheme-this-is-gonna-be-killer?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.