B5230568-4E86-41E4-8127-AE4FB4F52D74 (resized).jpeg
33CA6818-A583-4FB7-8EDB-F10BF2350FFD (resized).png
76D6AF10-8ADD-44FB-9CFC-3213DD69D4AB (resized).png
20231031_211730 (resized).jpg
AC2720C3-4D5B-4692-A48F-515ED264A60D (resized).jpeg
aa64cb7d16069a4f (resized).jpeg
D26CEB95-3C96-42C5-972F-64EF17F0A899 (resized).jpeg
2249D364-E1F5-4C16-901A-C60C926DF8FE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago

Oh this is going to be good!

After seeing what you did to Dracula can’t wait to see this progress.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I just shot this guy an email to see if I could use some of his art cuts for the backglass.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What’s great about that artwork is the artist has drawn both pieces with the original films mask design, only slightly slimming it down, but still it looks close to the original and the artwork looks great because of it.

Other than Halloween 2, curse of Micheal Myers was the only sequel that got anywhere close to looking like the original mask.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was thinking the bottom one has a little more meat to it, but like the art in both. It’s just going to be a section of it.
Too much to add a pinball with a little blood on it and take out the six-year-old Mike? (Pardon the crappy mock up and sketching. I’m at a party, had a few beverages, and I’m working on an iPhone) Kind of like a horror TOM? Haha
[quoted image]

That looks great! Like I said in my post above luckily the artist drew that poster using the original mask as the masks in H4 & H5 looked less than great.

Loving the idea though and design, looking forward watching how you implement this theme, loving that backglass design though, are you going to go with a standard translite or mirrored?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Good ol' William Shatner, er I mean Michael Myers...

Quoted from Colsond3:

I can honestly say I didn’t know that was a William Shatner mask until a few years ago.

Yeah here is the original mask before they sprayed it silver and white.

22452455-1D50-4416-8E86-F23A1D703FBE (resized).jpeg22452455-1D50-4416-8E86-F23A1D703FBE (resized).jpeg
#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m definitely having an actual backglass made. I was thinking of emailing the guy over at BGresto, but I know they do not do mirroring. Shay does, so maybe he would be able to help me out or point me in a direction. Open to any other suggestions or recommendations on this front.

CPR will be able to make a mirrored glass for you, but that’s only going to be an option once they have their made to order service up and running, no idea how far away they are from that.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Too much to try to incorporate this, or too cheesy? Or maybe on a smaller scale?
[quoted image]

I’d try to incorporate it, other than the Mask/Micheal himself the knife is the most iconic piece of imagery from the film.

I was considering doing a Halloween re-theme when I heard the rumour Spooky could be doing Stranger Things instead of something like Halloween, Friday 13th etc.

Hardest part while I was brainstorming for it was trying to work out how to incorporate the mask, knife, closet etc other than just in the art.

Started to consider doing a horror mash up re-theme, little like monster bash but with Michael, Freddy, Jason, Ghostface, Pinhead in place of the monsters.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That was my thinking...the knife has to be in there somehow. Just don't want it to be tacky. The mask and closet, other than on the playfield art and BG, is going to be a challenge.

What do you have planned for the upper playfield drops/standups? That would make a cool closet shot/area?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That does sound like a good idea… Maybe have the closet doors where the flippers are entering the upper playfield from the middle ramp? Upper drops could be victim stab attempts.

You have 5 drops, 5 inserts, could always “Closet” and have some fun with the drops in the mode/mb, it’s such an iconic scene it deserves its own mode, depending what your doing with code.
7908D19D-C9F2-41E6-BE93-92E7CE315E76.gif7908D19D-C9F2-41E6-BE93-92E7CE315E76.gif

#89 5 years ago

Easily my favourite scene of the film, remember thinking oh shit he’s still alive.

57A95C9A-9814-4E09-9CD3-5DE840EFDDB2.gif57A95C9A-9814-4E09-9CD3-5DE840EFDDB2.gif
#92 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Subscribed!
[quoted image]

Poor Karen

#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Damn. With all these GIFs I’m starting to feel like I really need to convert this thing to an LCD/LED display.

That was kind of my intention

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

$10k by Xmas!! Haha (meaning that’s what I’ll be out of pocket)

Yeah but with these passion projects aren’t we always? I have a Goldeneye that I spent years and $1000s getting every NOS part for a full NOS restore, I’ll never get that money back but it was so worth it

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

My buddy was over looking at the PF set up on JL to help with some design ideas, and I started playing around with some sounds on the synth. Videoed the friend in from LA, and didn’t even know he was filming this. Too funny, had to upload it.

Haha very cool or maybe I should say bravo

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Heading to South Pasadena in a couple of weeks. Going to find all the shooting location of the original movie. Something I've wanted to do for many, many years.

This might help you

http://theconguy.com/2016/10/29/haddonfield-then-and-now-michael-myers-takes-us-back-to-see-some-of-the-iconic-spots-from-halloween/

#116 5 years ago

And you have to recreate this classic shot if your visiting some of the iconic film locations.

485679DA-CB7A-4569-B3FB-D4787D709757 (resized).png485679DA-CB7A-4569-B3FB-D4787D709757 (resized).png

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

First track released from John Carpernter's new score for Halloween 2018.

The film looks great, early reviews where very positive and additional media outlets are reporting on it very positively, cannot wait to see it!

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Awesome. Even the mask aged LOL. Maybe I’ll make two games and ask him if he wants one.

Mask was made to be an exact replica of the original first mask and then purposefully aged.

It’s also the original actor Nick Castle, back playing Michael Myers to ensure the movements and body language where all accurate and authentic.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nick Castle is only doing a cameo scene in the movie...the first time Laurie and the Shape see each other. He is also providing the breathing sounds for the Shape. The rest of the time, the Shape is played by James Jude Courtney.

I could be wrong but from what I heard, James did all the physical shots and stunt work.

Nick did the scene that required his “move” (Halloween fans will know what movement I’m talking about) but he actually did a couple of the “stalking” scenes.

#125 5 years ago

Yeah I read that, but heard he had done a couple of extra scenes specifically stalking shots in the way he/Micheal would move now at his age.

I guess we will know for sure when they do the behind the scenes/making of featurettes, but either way I’m excited to see this and hopefully I’ll get to see it early.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Playing around with some ideas for the apron. Going to make new decals in a different font, and get it powder coated for the base color. Just tinkering for now. Is orange too much, or should I go with black?
I would go with a slightly darker orange than this. And keep in mind it looks a little blank without some other art I plan to incorporate.
I might also reach out to the guys at Tilt Graphics to see if they can make me a custom one as a continuation / incorporation of the playfield art.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think because of the theme and the films use of darkness, I would swap the colours round, so more black with hints/highlights or orange.

Found a picture online that gives a pretty good idea now the orange might look used to highlight around the black.

6B7A2721-C598-4399-AE36-CECBCA52F01E (resized).jpeg6B7A2721-C598-4399-AE36-CECBCA52F01E (resized).jpeg
#136 5 years ago

Are you going LCD with this or good old fashioned DMD with custom dots?

Saw these online, they are bead designs, reminded me of a DMD animation, as much as I love the LCD era we are now in, dots done well are awesome!
3A10EDD0-064A-4DB7-97CA-C32250E89FE1.png3A10EDD0-064A-4DB7-97CA-C32250E89FE1.png

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not sure yet, seems like DMD with custom animations would be much harder than uploading some vid clips to a Raspberry Pi or similar tech. I’m definitely going to need some input and assistance when I get to that point.

If you go the dmd route with custom dots give me a shout I’ll happily help you as per your instructions to create dots/frames for your animations.

1 week later
#157 5 years ago

Black apron no question, little back lighting underneath it will look phenomenal.

#159 5 years ago

I know it’s not the official logo if you reverse it but could you backlight the Halloween pumpkin logo? And reverse it and have it on the other side of the apron too?

Would also be very cool if you could backlight the writting on the apron.

2A0F58C4-1FF8-4C52-B70B-029794C1DA84 (resized).jpeg2A0F58C4-1FF8-4C52-B70B-029794C1DA84 (resized).jpeg
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You could also fit a mini LCD in the apron window if you wanted some video or animated stuff instead of just backlit text.

Now that’s a good idea Doc, not just for this pin but custom pins in general, pinch this one for my custom game.

#175 5 years ago

Very cool seeing those locations then and now thanks for posting Sinestro

9 months later
#295 4 years ago

Glad to see your back Colsond3 and I hope your family are as well as can be expected in this difficult time.

Look forward to seeing more progress on this and here’s a little gif to get you in the mood!

650E3944-A180-457C-92E3-2292E195C114.gif650E3944-A180-457C-92E3-2292E195C114.gif
2 months later
#341 4 years ago

The new Halloween was pretty good! Great promo shots made for that film.

#350 4 years ago

Colsond3 I know you have possibly mentioned it in this thread or via our chats about Halloween in pm but it slips my mind if you have ever mentioned on your plans for the players perspective, are you planning on having the player be Micheal or Laurie?

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

My thought initially was Michael, but other than Laurie and Loomis, I wasn’t sure if there were enough centralized characters for the rule/task set. Michael attacking/murdering other people as the point of the game would be very cool, and I’m trying to stick with that.
I don’t really want the point being to kill Michael (plus that’s not really possible).
Any input is certainly welcome.

I like the idea of being Michael who wouldn’t want to play as him, plus if your using movie footage you have every stalker and kill seen available to you.

I don’t know if you remember but we spoke about Halloween quite abit via pm, with my plan being to retheme a beat up Elvis, which is still on the cards I hope, but I wanted that so the player is Michael.

Couple of rules mode ideas I draw up was to have the flippers go dead, most of the GI go out in sync with Laurie knocking him down on the landing, then have a ball auto plunge as he sits back up, one of my favourite Halloween scenes.

I also thought it would be cool to have his stalking scenes play into the rules, building the jackpot or SJP values would prolong/loop the stalking scenes/footage and the JP/SJP moving the scene on with his signature disappearing act.

Have you got round to drawing up your ruleset/modes yet?

1 month later
#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Been trying to work on the art. The guy in LA I had working on the art package has been disappointing...isn’t moving anywhere near fast enough. Keeps telling me he’ll send me the files but then flakes and tells me it’s not completed.
I reached out to two other people, but they want between $2500 and $5000 to make their own art package, with exclusive creative control of the art (which I’m not inclined to do). They don’t want to pick up where Justin left off.
So I’ve been playing with some of the snips of artwork Justin did send to me, just working on it myself. I’ll see how it comes out over the Christmas break and then decide where to go from there.

Have you tried dropping ZY a pm for some ideas/directions? I’m sure he would give you some pointers Jeremy seems super nice and seems to genuinely love pinball and he obviously loves/is amazing at pinball art.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Tools
Pincoder Store

2,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-jc-retheme-this-is-gonna-be-killer?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.