• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stuck_Pop-Ups (resized).jpg
IMG_9650 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I received my new game yesterday and it crashed 3 times last night.
System goes to hard lock code screen and stops during game play.
I waited but eventually have to cycle the power to get the game back.
Play again and repeat crash.

Anyone else seen this issue?

IMG_9650 (resized).jpgIMG_9650 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Check the large can lights on the back board they look like large tower flashers make sure one isn’t loose.

If you have the means check your power Supplys and make sure voltage is proper is not adjust as needed.

#3 1 year ago

Contact spooky. They had a batch of pcs that were bad. They will send you a new one.

#4 1 year ago

Now I have Pop-Up issues. Game is 4 days old.

Stuck_Pop-Ups (resized).jpgStuck_Pop-Ups (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from tx51210:

What did Spooky say when you contacted them?

Technical assistance for a game from a boutique manufacturer is often best handled through that manufacturer. There are not tens of thousands of units that have been around for decades to build a robust troubleshooting process from.

You should also consider the game thread. If your issue has come up before other Halloween owners are most likely to have posted there about it.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from tx51210:

[quoted image]

Please confirm you have contacted Spooky; they will be able to help you way faster

#7 1 year ago

Spooky's Tech support is good. Contact them.

#8 1 year ago

Spooky will help you - their service is top notch.

#9 1 year ago

I've been in touch with Spooky. We are trying a re-install of the update and for the limited plays after update, I have not had a repeat crash. Waiting for additional play before deciding if their offer of a replacement dive is required. I did a reset of the jammed pop-ups. They were non-committal on this issue but if it repeats, I will push for a replacement part. The force applied to those targets by shots leads me to believe this will be likely to repeat.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from tx51210:

I've been in touch with Spooky. We are trying a re-install of the update and for the limited plays after update, I have not had a repeat crash. Waiting for additional play before deciding if their offer of a replacement dive is required. I did a reset of the jammed pop-ups. They were non-committal on this issue but if it repeats, I will push for a replacement part. The force applied to those targets by shots leads me to believe this will be likely to repeat.

I had the same issues with the drops. Look to see if the reset fingers are working their way out of the slots in the drops and under them. I had to disassemble the mech multiple times to finally get it right. Bending the coil stop in a vice to remove all play corrected the issue for me.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from tx51210:

Been wondering if anyone else had this issue, I've twice gotten to Stalker Mode and the game just crashes on me with the exact same screen as above. Just to confirm, you re-installed the update and it fixed your issue?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I had the same issues with the drops. Look to see if the reset fingers are working their way out of the slots in the drops and under them. I had to disassemble the mech multiple times to finally get it right. Bending the coil stop in a vice to remove all play corrected the issue for me.

I think this is the root of the problem, but I corrected it a slightly different way. I started to get repeated issues with my drops partially resetting too. I noticed there was quite a bit of play with the reset coil and it could be wiggled around freely. Normally, I wouldn't think this is necessarily a problem, but in this mech it seemed to be causing the reset bar to pull up at random off-angles. I didn't take the mech apart or bend anything, but I did loop a large zip tie around the stop, the coil, and bracket and tightened it all down, so there was no more slop. My drops have reset perfectly every time since.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I think this is the root of the problem, but I corrected it a slightly different way. I started to get repeated issues with my drops partially resetting too. I noticed there was quite a bit of play with the reset coil and it could be wiggled around freely. Normally, I wouldn't think this is necessarily a problem, but in this mech it seemed to be causing the reset bar to pull up at random off-angles. I didn't take the mech apart or bend anything, but I did loop a large zip tie around the stop, the coil, and bracket and tightened it all down with pliers, so there was no more slop. My drops have reset perfectly every time since.

I wonder if a compression washer or 2 would be a good solution.

2 months later
#14 1 year ago
Quoted from TILT44:

Been wondering if anyone else had this issue, I've twice gotten to Stalker Mode and the game just crashes on me with the exact same screen as above. Just to confirm, you re-installed the update and it fixed your issue?

Yes. Fresh update install stopped my crashes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-game-crashing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.