(Topic ID: 297397)

Halloween and Ultraman Modders Come on in!

By Roostking

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220412_165416 (resized).jpg
    fc6bbdd5c2097607eea8e04166ff1177d9f6be371b3bf8f7485114a521b41453 (resized).jpg
    Car_02 (resized).jpg
    LED_Cover_04 (resized).jpg
    LED_Cover_01 (resized).jpg
    LED_Cover_02 (resized).jpg
    LED_Cover_03 (resized).jpg
    DB3C4045-ED07-4D83-BC14-EBAFEFE98D1A (resized).jpeg
    F9FDBD2E-0397-4E1D-A0C1-9BDD91AF7720.jpeg
    7A650812-6693-4401-A3D8-FC0897A3676A (resized).jpeg
    D62D3B1A-3171-41FA-AC40-14618AA8A8CD (resized).png
    FBA603F5-D695-494D-A283-064D28D89489 (resized).jpeg
    2983DBE6-000C-4124-AB10-A1BDB5A21363 (resized).png
    4B57DF6A-6D0E-4FEC-92D1-C9DDAF32A548 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago

Any of you, like me, who bought the BSE version of Ultraman. This model kit (level 1 difficulty) is the perfect size to add the "extra PF toy" included in the CE.

Bandai Hobby No. 01 Jet Vtol Ultraman, Bandai Mecha Collection Hobby Plane https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017JT76TC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_EY3TGR4WXJVJT8VX95RR

I also plan to make my own topper using some "destroyed buildings" made for model railroads and several of the creature sculpts and models available.

#52 2 years ago

I was already planning a mod for my UM to hide the popouts along the left side. My solution will work well for Halloween as well.

Between the hedges, above the Michaels, you Mount a black plastic, like a roof for the Micheals. Then, you hang a split, black curtain from the plastic to hide the side view. Now even ppl watching from the side get the surprise when he comes out.

Easy mod that I may sell after I get my game and get it working well.

#53 2 years ago

Not sure of the significance of this vehicle in Ultraman lore, but I thought this was pretty cool looking, Matchbox sized it looks like, $7 https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/46425?utm_source=google&utm_medium=opla&utm_term=ULT-46425

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #54 2 years ago

Cool kit for Halloween (although I haven't put a model together since I was a kid), you might be be able to repurpose some of it to dress up the drop mech? https://www.amazon.com/nknown-Halloween-Michael-Plastic-Moebius/dp/B01IDZNU50/ref=asc_df_B01IDZNU50/

#55 2 years ago

The second level playfield on Ultraman has some plastic pieces with english writing. How about replacement plastics with Japanese writing?

1 week later
    #56 2 years ago

That die-cast wagon is cool.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the positive feedback, though as my mod history may show, I have to really feel something to be driven to mod a game. While I was familiar with Ultraman (primarily from my Famicom/FDS collecting days), it's not a theme I think I would do as much justice to compared to someone that intimately knows the source material. That's not a hard "no" as of yet, but it's unlikely.

I'm firmly on the fence over which game I'll be keeping. For me, HWN started in the lead based on theme and the initial trailers. After Jack's stream, UM has pulled out to a *VERY* significant lead, although it's still early.

I have to admit, if HWN catches up, and I'm still debating at all about which game to keep, the fact you'll be making HWN mods and not UM would be enough to tip the scales. Been buying your stuff since the RZ days, and your mods are transformative. I just wish you had an earlier number (and that it wouldn't cause you undue stress).

As for specific ideas, there are so many possibilities given the scale of work you've done before. The visible Michaels behind the hedges are the obvious eyesore. The next glaring omission, and where you could probably make the most difference, is the top left balcony. You could really transform that area of the game into something cool. That said, there are tangible opportunities on the right-side uppers as well. Spooky did a much nicer job with the house level than the top upper on UM, but creating a more immersive house situation would be cool, especially if it tied into the balcony (that I'm imagining you'll make) on the left. Your AMH mods bridged the entire back of the playfield, and I could see you doing something similar here.

Other than that, maybe fleshing out a portion of the sanitarium would have potential?

As much as I would want you to do UM mods, HWN seems right up your alley. This game has tangible physical locations that I could really see you bringing to life.

</end creepy fanboy rant>

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm firmly on the fence over which game I'll be keeping. For me, HWN started in the lead based on theme and the initial trailers. After Jack's stream, UM has pulled out to a *VERY* significant lead, although it's still early.
    I have to admit, if HWN catches up, and I'm still debating at all about which game to keep, the fact you'll be making HWN mods and not UM would be enough to tip the scales. Been buying your stuff since the RZ days, and your mods are transformative. I just wish you had an earlier number (and that it wouldn't cause you undue stress).
    As for specific ideas, there are so many possibilities given the scale of work you've done before. The visible Michaels behind the hedges are the obvious eyesore. The next glaring omission, and where you could probably make the most difference, is the top left balcony. You could really transform that area of the game into something cool. That said, there are tangible opportunities on the right-side uppers as well. Spooky did a much nicer job with the house level than the top upper on UM, but creating a more immersive house situation would be cool, especially if it tied into the balcony (that I'm imagining you'll make) on the left. Your AMH mods bridged the entire back of the playfield, and I could see you doing something similar here.
    Other than that, maybe fleshing out a portion of the sanitarium would have potential?
    As much as I would want you to do UM mods, HWN seems right up your alley. This game has tangible physical locations that I could really see you bringing to life.
    </end creepy fanboy rant>

I appreciate the faith, and of course the support over the years (I do recognize everyone that has stuck with me since the early days)

Still seems best to keep plans to myself this early, but if it all works out, what I have in mind should be rather transformative (can be a challenge to bring some ideas to life, but I do try to improve as I go forward).

#59 2 years ago

Looks like it might be time for me to try my hand at some 3D modeling so I can print some stuff.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the faith, and of course the support over the years (I do recognize everyone that has stuck with me since the early days)
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"991a44f02f5fb80052b069b6494c5565596080f0-1629215329-1800"};
    //]]>

Still seems best to keep plans to myself this early, but if it all works out, what I have in mind should be rather transformative (can be a challenge to bring some ideas to life, but I do try to improve as I go forward).

Count me in, your ehoh mods still get lots of compliments here .

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9e9b387888c765a43bc86a837385394e7391b80b-1629221599-1800"};

Quoted from Medisinyl:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a7a056703ee3292797293b4fd48386bd88f094b4-1629221649-1800"};
    //]]>

Put me down as well I have your ehoh and bsd mods and must have your Halloween mods as well

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Looks like it might be time for me to try my hand at some 3D modeling so I can print some stuff.

Me too. I might see about printing some wood looking knife handles for the shooter rod knife handle

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Me too. I might see about printing some wood looking knife handles for the shooter rod knife handle

I have an idea for an Ultraman mod I want to do, and potentially offer to other people, but I'm not real sure where to get the base pinball parts for it. I'm not sure I want to spend a hundo just to order something similar to dissect it. Guess we'll see if I can figure it out or not. :p

#64 2 years ago

I’d like to develop a time machine mod where we can all get our games yesterday haha. So pumped to get my hands on HWN

#65 2 years ago

I was thinking for UM
    Along the rear rail and drop.
    Adding a Bemular and additional buildings from the Luminous series that I can light up as the ball goes across the platform.
    Would also like to possible see the jet light up.
    And possibly have Bemular shooting his Ray out of his mouth possibly light up as well.
    See pic for reference but this is a Godzilla and obviously a smaller scale.
    And will think about an ultraman A also from the luminous series as these have areas to fit lights and switch activate them. Maybe in fight stance against Bemular. Hard to see what room is available and scale can be done. As I don’t want to really cover any or the plastics artwork. Have a couple of more ideas but will have to wait on Machine. And would like the shooter plate currently Chrome to be powder colour coated to rails and a cool cover plate to match up. Seems to stand out like dogs balls.

1154A603-3CDB-4DB5-BBE5-99A31ACF6BB4 (resized).jpeg1154A603-3CDB-4DB5-BBE5-99A31ACF6BB4 (resized).jpegBA35108B-9DA5-4F07-AB7B-2262A63975C4 (resized).jpegBA35108B-9DA5-4F07-AB7B-2262A63975C4 (resized).jpegE8FA2ECF-FAB7-4BF4-8292-984484AF3C0E (resized).jpegE8FA2ECF-FAB7-4BF4-8292-984484AF3C0E (resized).jpegF3ACC4A3-B9A1-4A1D-ADB7-94CB3ABF5EAA (resized).jpegF3ACC4A3-B9A1-4A1D-ADB7-94CB3ABF5EAA (resized).jpeg
    #66 2 years ago

As there is T-moulding around the back box. I would probably colour match and paint. As the black looks a bit plain and out of place.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

I think it will be a challenge to cover the top of the Michael's in a way that would tick all the boxes.
    Just about anything would detract from the appearance of the hedge as it's seen in the film.
    I wonder if a decent improvement could be to find a similar material (as a DIY) and just extend the height of the hedges (with a new, solid piece) to wherever the glass allows without looking odd. Seeing 1-1.5 Michael's from player perspective would be better than 3, and I think I prefer the look of scaling hedges (hedge beyond Michael in the film also appears a bit taller)
    Just a quick MS-Paint mock up here with your photo for comparison:
    [quoted image]

Having now played the game, I wanted to note that the perceived glass channel from that photo isn't as it seemed. Not nearly enough room on that second hedge to bother raising it at all. Exposed Michaels don't actually bother me as much as I thought it may, though I do feel like that habitrail could have something interactive as the ball goes through.

Game plays great

#68 2 years ago

Anyone know how tall the Halloween CE is with the topper?

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Having now played the game, I wanted to note that the perceived glass channel from that photo isn't as it seemed. Not nearly enough room on that second hedge to bother raising it at all. Exposed Michaels don't actually bother me as much as I thought it may, though I do feel like that habitrail could have something interactive as the ball goes through.
    Game plays great

Something like the casket door on ehoh, except a knife raising and lowering?

#70 2 years ago

I hope that knife swings up/down like a BOSS!

#71 2 years ago

Just cut a slot in your ceiling if i’d doesn’t fit lmfao

#72 2 years ago

Here is a perfect Ultraman topper! I have one of his other pieces and he does amazing work!!

B3476C4F-D3A5-4F7D-9931-959B0E1637C1 (resized).pngB3476C4F-D3A5-4F7D-9931-959B0E1637C1 (resized).png
    2 months later
    #73 2 years ago

We really need a metal / better chromed knife for the the shooter lane. The one the game looks cheap

#74 2 years ago

I would also love a 3D mod that covers the crossover from the upper playfield. Something like a balcony on Halloween and a ruined cityscape on Ultraman.

#75 2 years ago

This Bemular figure is the only mode I've added so far. The scale seems to be the same as the Baltan figures on the opposite side.

#76 2 years ago

Can’t find it in stock online, but it looks like the full size Michael Myers is on sale at Party City, you might be able to find one locally https://www.partycity.com/animated-michael-myers-standing-decoration-6.6ft---halloween-ii-922847.html?extcmp=pla%7CLia%7CGoogle

4B57DF6A-6D0E-4FEC-92D1-C9DDAF32A548 (resized).png4B57DF6A-6D0E-4FEC-92D1-C9DDAF32A548 (resized).png
    #77 2 years ago
    Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:Can’t find it in stock online, but it looks like the full size Michael Myers is on sale at Party City, you might be able to find one locally https://www.partycity.com/animated-michael-myers-standing-decoration-6.6ft---halloween-ii-922847.html?extcmp=pla%7CLia%7CGoogle[quoted image]

Damn! Out of stock on the most convenient locations to me. One about 45 minutes away, but $99 is a pretty good deal..

#78 2 years ago

If it’s possible ,the modder that makes a MM head that replaces the pumpkin and sits sideways until the shot is hit ,then quickly turns facing the player will definitly sell to 80% of these games you can book it !

#79 2 years ago

The callout won’t match .A boy can dream lmao !

#80 2 years ago

Clearest shot of the balcony, should be super easy for someone to print something there’s really not much to the balcony itself a couple of upright supports and roofing.

2983DBE6-000C-4124-AB10-A1BDB5A21363 (resized).png2983DBE6-000C-4124-AB10-A1BDB5A21363 (resized).png
    #81 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Clearest shot of the balcony, should be super easy for someone to print something there’s really not much to the balcony itself a couple of upright supports and roofing.
    [quoted image]

That’s a must .Other than that ,the pin pretty much has everything .Im looking forward to hearing the sound in a home as I’ve heard they’re second to none .

2 weeks later
    #82 2 years ago

No mods coming for Halloween?

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

No mods coming for Halloween?

Vimtoman is doing one for the balcony that’s on pinside somewhere and looks good

#84 2 years ago

Wonder if anyone will do a new topper for Halloween considering most sold were CEs.. although I’ve heard CE owners are interested in replacing theirs

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Wonder if anyone will do a new topper for Halloween considering most sold were CEs.. although I’ve heard CE owners are interested in replacing theirs

I love the topper. I’d be interested in a mod that covers the motor, but I think it’s a super cool and interactive topper.

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I love the topper. I’d be interested in a mod that covers the motor, but I think it’s a super cool and interactive topper.

Etsy - easy $35 fix!

FBA603F5-D695-494D-A283-064D28D89489 (resized).jpegFBA603F5-D695-494D-A283-064D28D89489 (resized).jpeg
    #87 2 years ago

I wonder if you can get a cardboard cutout like above but with colour art or photo to match the hand?
    Although that wooden cutout does look good.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lostcause:

I wonder if you can get a cardboard cutout like above but with colour art or photo to match the hand?
    Although that wooden cutout does look good.

Fine Art America .You can get it printed on metal ,wood ,poster etc and different sizes .Was thinking of trying this hung on wall behind it .

D62D3B1A-3171-41FA-AC40-14618AA8A8CD (resized).pngD62D3B1A-3171-41FA-AC40-14618AA8A8CD (resized).png
    2 months later
    #89 2 years ago

This is sick. Now we just need someone to make this so I can buy it.

7A650812-6693-4401-A3D8-FC0897A3676A (resized).jpeg7A650812-6693-4401-A3D8-FC0897A3676A (resized).jpeg
    #90 2 years ago
    Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Can’t find it in stock online, but it looks like the full size Michael Myers is on sale at Party City, you might be able to find one locally https://www.partycity.com/animated-michael-myers-standing-decoration-6.6ft---halloween-ii-922847.html?extcmp=pla%7CLia%7CGoogle[quoted image]</blockquotemichs

Damn! Out of stock on the most convenient locations to me. One about 45 minutes away, but $99 is a pretty good deal..

I’ve been patiently waiting for #364 with my Michael…

F9FDBD2E-0397-4E1D-A0C1-9BDD91AF7720.jpegF9FDBD2E-0397-4E1D-A0C1-9BDD91AF7720.jpeg
    3 months later
    #91 1 year ago

I want to know where I can find this mod...

It must be something someone made for their own machine.. Can't find it anywhere

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from FullTilt_Pinball:

I want to know where I can find this mod...

It must be something someone made for their own machine.. Can't find it anywhere

If you mean the house, it's offered by Andrew/Vimtoman here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-amp-ultraman-mod

1 week later
    #93 1 year ago

And I am still waiting patiently for whatever Medisinyl cooks up for Halloween. I will pretty much buy it sight unseen... Your mods are THAT good!

#94 1 year ago

Waiting for someone to make a Michael Myers with six bullet holes in him falling off the balcony decal for this plastic. How cool will it be when that flips down after the magnet grab starting House Attack? I envision it to be like his back is facing the player and his head facing the flippers so it’s obviously an image of him falling. Would be super cool coupled with the house mod.

DB3C4045-ED07-4D83-BC14-EBAFEFE98D1A (resized).jpegDB3C4045-ED07-4D83-BC14-EBAFEFE98D1A (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #95 1 year ago

I think the led strips on the balcony are very bright. Has anyone come up with a mod or fix? Maybe i'm the only one but those LED's are exposed and pointed right in your face.

looking forward to getting mine sometime this summer.

#96 1 year ago

Just turn them down in the menu

Quoted from GameJunkie:

I think the led strips on the balcony are very bright. Has anyone come up with a mod or fix? Maybe i'm the only one but those LED's are exposed and pointed right in your face.
    looking forward to getting mine sometime this summer.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from GameJunkie:

I came up with a cover for the LED strips. Using a modified plastic lens made for aluminum LED light channels, I simply attached it over the top of the strips using very thin cable ties.

The harshness of the LED direct light has been replaced by nice diffused glows. Brightness is not affected at all and I still have my LED strips turned down from the default.

The result is exactly what I was looking for.
    LED_Cover_01 (resized).jpgLED_Cover_01 (resized).jpgLED_Cover_02 (resized).jpgLED_Cover_02 (resized).jpgLED_Cover_03 (resized).jpgLED_Cover_03 (resized).jpgLED_Cover_04 (resized).jpgLED_Cover_04 (resized).jpg

#98 1 year ago

I cant remember who made this mod, but is the station wagon still available? Also the house. 920 should be coming home soonish!

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I cant remember who made this mod, but is the station wagon still available?

I make the Halloween Sanitarium Getaway Car.

I'm out at the moment but will be making more in a month or so.

Car_02 (resized).jpgCar_02 (resized).jpg
    #100 1 year ago
    Quoted from John_C:

I make the Halloween Sanitarium Getaway Car.
    I'm out at the moment but will be making more in a month or so.[quoted image]

Great, ill PM to get on the list, thanks!

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-and-ultraman-modders-come-on-in/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.