(Topic ID: 297397)

Halloween and Ultraman Modders Come on in!

By Roostking

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220412_165416 (resized).jpg
    fc6bbdd5c2097607eea8e04166ff1177d9f6be371b3bf8f7485114a521b41453 (resized).jpg
    Car_02 (resized).jpg
    LED_Cover_04 (resized).jpg
    LED_Cover_01 (resized).jpg
    LED_Cover_02 (resized).jpg
    LED_Cover_03 (resized).jpg
    DB3C4045-ED07-4D83-BC14-EBAFEFE98D1A (resized).jpeg
    F9FDBD2E-0397-4E1D-A0C1-9BDD91AF7720.jpeg
    7A650812-6693-4401-A3D8-FC0897A3676A (resized).jpeg
    D62D3B1A-3171-41FA-AC40-14618AA8A8CD (resized).png
    FBA603F5-D695-494D-A283-064D28D89489 (resized).jpeg
    2983DBE6-000C-4124-AB10-A1BDB5A21363 (resized).png
    4B57DF6A-6D0E-4FEC-92D1-C9DDAF32A548 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

The purpose of this thread is to discuss potential mods for both Halloween and Ultraman. This is NOT a "Well this is what SPOOKY should have done from the factory!" thread.

I am not very creative, but one mod I would like to see would be for the bushes in Halloween to have a "top", so I cant see the Michaels, from the top

IMG_0377-2048x1365 (resized).jpgIMG_0377-2048x1365 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Great idea for a thread. Would like to see some stickers made for all of the drop targets - they all definitely need one.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

The purpose of this thread is to discuss potential mods for both Halloween and Ultraman. This is NOT a "Well this is what SPOOKY should have done from the factory!" thread.
    I am not very creative, but one mod I would like to see would be for the bushes in Halloween to have a "top", so I cant see the Michaels, from the top[quoted image]

If nothing is done before I get my game, one of the main things I hoped to look into was shrouding the exposed Michael's (preferably something interactive).

I never liked looking at the top of the Living Dead Girl in RZ, or floating door in AMH, and did create solutions for those.

I've had a few offers to trade for earlier games (ordering day fiasco put me later than it should have), but I'd rather not feel obligated to mod anything prematurely, and have plenty of other things to get to.

Look forward to what everyone comes up with

#4 2 years ago

I'd like to see that clear air ball deflector replaced and something to add to the balcony

#5 2 years ago

Not the craziest mod idea, but for those that didn't buy a CE, the extra toys are obtainable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017JT76TC

https://trickortreatstudios.com/halloween-michael-myers-butcher-knife-prop.html

#6 2 years ago

*Stickers for the drop targets and air ball deflector

*Something for the crossover to the drop and the drop itself, maybe a mini clothesline with sheets and some sort of balcony dress up for the drop mech?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7 2 years ago

I plan on having my standard rails lock bar legs ect done in Halloween orange that fits the theme but well see i'm long long way off for mine

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I plan on having my standard rails lock bar legs ect done in Halloween orange that fits the theme but well see i'm long long way off for mine

Unlike Goldmember .... I HATE GOLD trim! I wish they went with burnt orange flame Halloween type orange as the color for the hardware rails / lock down bar for the CE etc

ab76549de9277759fe840f161afa3083 (resized).jpgab76549de9277759fe840f161afa3083 (resized).jpg
    #9 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Unlike Goldmember .... I HATE GOLD trim! I wish they went with burnt orange flame Halloween type orange as the color for the hardware rails / lock down bar for the CE etc
    [quoted image]

Yeah that's kinda color orange i was thinking or some shade of orange like that.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Yeah that's kinda color orange i was thinking or some shade of orange like that.

Same, I'll be changing mine as well, most likely have to see it before I make a decision

Edit, found this.

pcgo97820-1 (resized).jpgpcgo97820-1 (resized).jpg
    #11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Same, I'll be changing mine as well, most likely have to see it before I make a decision
    Edit, found this. [quoted image]

That looks incredible for the game (wonder how it looks when not in the sun).

I was torn on the armor color as well. Will look forward to what others swap in.

-----------

As a side note, despite how packed Halloween is, I do see the opportunity for a couple rather large, transformative mods for the game, amongst others, without obscuring anything important, so the gears are turning, despite my silence on specific ideas I have in mind.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Edit, found this. [quoted image]

I like that alot

#13 2 years ago

Not sure where to put it, but this is kind of a cool, cheap mod. You can get it on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/613739468/rabbit-in-red-lounge-match-book?gpla=1&gao=1&;

*edit - realized this might be a little too obscure, link if you want to check it out https://halloweenmovie.fandom.com/wiki/The_Rabbit_in_Red_Lounge

#14 2 years ago

I wonder if the ability to light up the hinges will be available, like it is on TNA?

Screenshot_20210726-065940_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210726-065940_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #15 2 years ago

What about the flipper bats? A knife perhaps, although the plastic does have a knife already. Possibly redundant. What a gorgeous pf btw!

IMG_0386 (resized).jpgIMG_0386 (resized).jpg
    #16 2 years ago

How about a video projection mod that makes it look the walls of your basement are collapsing because of a Kaiju Rumble going on outside your house!

#17 2 years ago

Too bad nobody ever put out a die cast version of the ‘78 Ford LTD station wagon that Michael steals from the hospital, would look cool near the the 1st upper PF (although the one on the PF is already pretty prominent). I just watched the movie again last night and realized that it gets a lot of air time. It’s also impressive that after being locked up since he was 6, he’s able to drive that boat like a pro!
    F78A353B-725E-4C52-983E-502315EF65D9 (resized).jpegF78A353B-725E-4C52-983E-502315EF65D9 (resized).jpeg

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Too bad nobody ever put out a die cast version of the ‘78 Ford LTD station wagon that Michael steals from the hospital, would look cool near the the 1st upper PF (although the one on the PF is already pretty prominent). I just watched the movie again last night and realized that it gets a lot of air time. It’s also impressive that after being locked up since he was 6, he’s able to drive that boat like a pro!
    [quoted image]

Its even pictured on the bottom of the main pf, as seen in the pic above!

#19 2 years ago

Hmmmm

il_570xN.1943717236_ctmx (resized).jpgil_570xN.1943717236_ctmx (resized).jpg
    #20 2 years ago

I'd like to see something to cover the exposed motor on the back of the topper. Just wires free floating back there looks God awful to me.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Hmmmm
    [quoted image]

Just looked on google - no luck - where did you find that for sale?

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just looked on google - no luck - where did you find that for sale?

It's not.. It looks like it was something that someone on Etsy used to sell. But it is no longer available.

#23 2 years ago

Great thread looking forward to some cool ideas - definitely something creative with the Michael figures popping out sinceall 3 look the same. Topper for non CE owners?

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

How about a video projection mod that makes it look the walls of your basement are collapsing because of a Kaiju Rumble going on outside your house!

Good idea. Not sure how many people would be interested given that it seems 360 projectors seem to start around 300 bucks, and that's not even including development costs, custom interfaces to determine when to fire it, sourcing the video etc.... I want to look into this more.

#25 2 years ago

I assume the drop mechanism is supposed to represent Myers going over the balcony, if someone could come up with a dress up kit to look like this would be really cool, everything is very underwhelming up there.

CFAE2678-5C0B-4604-9C74-538B338EF9EF (resized).jpegCFAE2678-5C0B-4604-9C74-538B338EF9EF (resized).jpeg
    #26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I am not very creative, but one mod I would like to see would be for the bushes in Halloween to have a "top", so I cant see the Michaels, from the top[quoted image]

I think it might be pretty easy to paint a long, 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick piece of foam to go across all of the hedges, just need to try and match the color/texture

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

That looks incredible for the game (wonder how it looks when not in the sun).
    I was torn on the armor color as well. Will look forward to what others swap in.
    -----------
    As a side note, despite how packed Halloween is, I do see the opportunity for a couple rather large, transformative mods for the game, amongst others, without obscuring anything important, so the gears are turning, despite my silence on specific ideas I have in mind.

Loved your Elvira mods and look forward to your Halloween mods. I am getting a CE #790 though

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aflacjack:

I'd like to see something to cover the exposed motor on the back of the topper. Just wires free floating back there looks God awful to me.

That’s the one thing I hate about the CE. Topper is one of the best but the exposed motor looks terrible. Someone needs to make something to go over it. If done right I assume many will be bought.

#29 2 years ago

I’m not much of a modder myself, but maybe these fake bushes from hobby lobby (bottom of pack) could be placed over the existing hedges to cover the gaps? (Assuming the color matches well)

113EC8C7-A4DB-4FF0-9F11-DE6DB5D80215 (resized).png113EC8C7-A4DB-4FF0-9F11-DE6DB5D80215 (resized).png
    #30 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not the craziest mod idea, but for those that didn't buy a CE, the extra toys are obtainable.
    amazon.com link »
    https://trickortreatstudios.com/halloween-michael-myers-butcher-knife-prop.html

But how is it installed is my question...

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

My idea is that the 3 pop out Michaels are redundant. Leave one and one bush.. remove the other two and replace with pop out Rob Zombie Michaels, or something from Halloween #3... or i may install a Krueger and Jason Voorhees Neca Terror Toons figures...

#32 2 years ago

As for me, I’m keeping any additional mods with ties to only the original Halloween film.

#33 2 years ago

Quoted from Robodobro:

My idea is that the 3 pop out Michaels are redundant. Leave one and one bush.. remove the other two and replace with pop out Rob Zombie Michaels, or something from Halloween #3... or i may install a Krueger and Jason Voorhees Neca Terror Toons figures...

Somene had the idea of adding a homer to the bushes lol

#34 2 years ago

What about one kid mm, one with face, one with mask

Quoted from Robodobro:

4CDFEE7F-6BE2-4A04-8438-4A117E42A818 (resized).png4CDFEE7F-6BE2-4A04-8438-4A117E42A818 (resized).pngD6A3BDE7-CCB8-4F38-99E2-D0EFB765F75C (resized).jpegD6A3BDE7-CCB8-4F38-99E2-D0EFB765F75C (resized).jpeg
    #35 2 years ago

In addition to the Hobby Lobby hedges, this one looks pretty close too (the one on the right). This company is also in Wisconsin, maybe locally sourced? https://www.walthers.com/hedge-25-13-32-x-11-16-quot-100cm-x-1-8cm

35B89D9F-B1FC-445F-8756-8BDFB45E03EA (resized).png35B89D9F-B1FC-445F-8756-8BDFB45E03EA (resized).pngE6596F2C-0339-4CA3-AE75-A157A723D45E (resized).pngE6596F2C-0339-4CA3-AE75-A157A723D45E (resized).png

#36 2 years ago

Bought this off of eBay on the 6th and it finally got here today! I can’t remember the last time I “played” with a toy, but I went full on nerd busting this out of the package! He’s about 8 inches tall so maybe too big to add to the game, but I’m looking forward to figuring it out. It’s really well done and the pumpkin lights up / flickers. It’s a NECA Halloween Ultimate Michael Myers, cost me $32 with free shipping

744928DB-19B6-44CB-8782-61BBDD4A3875 (resized).jpeg744928DB-19B6-44CB-8782-61BBDD4A3875 (resized).jpeg
    #37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

If nothing is done before I get my game, one of the main things I hoped to look into was shrouding the exposed Michael's (preferably something interactive).
    I never liked looking at the top of the Living Dead Girl in RZ, or floating door in AMH, and did create solutions for those.
    I've had a few offers to trade for earlier games (ordering day fiasco put me later than it should have), but I'd rather not feel obligated to mod anything prematurely, and have plenty of other things to get to.
    Look forward to what everyone comes up with
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"801cd3eea69f5d3ef4eb9ad1b15c8868533ae928-1627594253-1800"};
    //]]>

Please do something for Ultraman. I love your mods and have them in almost all my machines.

#38 2 years ago

In addition to the Hobby Lobby hedges, this one looks pretty close too (the one on the right). This company is also in Wisconsin, maybe locally sourced? https://www.walthers.com/hedge-25-13-32-x-11-16-quot-100cm-x-1-8cm
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Once things got moving along, i figured i would ask Spooky where they got the material for the hedges.

#39 2 years ago

What about the aluminum spillway coming off the balcony? Maybe a sticker that looks like the inside of a coffin?

For reference only.

5fc26975a8864c1befe0cc81f738d362 (resized).jpg5fc26975a8864c1befe0cc81f738d362 (resized).jpggqkvbWOr_400x400 (resized).jpggqkvbWOr_400x400 (resized).jpg
    #40 2 years ago

Bought this off of eBay on the 6th and it finally got here today! I can’t remember the last time I “played” with a toy, but I went full on nerd busting this out of the package! He’s about 8 inches tall so maybe too big to add to the game, but I’m looking forward to figuring it out. It’s really well done and the pumpkin lights up / flickers. It’s a NECA Halloween Ultimate Michael Myers, cost me $32 with free shipping
    [quoted image]

You can cut him in half and he will fit

Why would you want to fill in the gaps on the top? The more visibility of the ball rolling would be better in my opinion.... or if you want it covered go with a Myers house or something like in the Freddy game

#41 2 years ago

Those peek-a-boo Michael toys are quite comical. Not sure how they will mange to add any kind of horror into the gameplay experience. Seems, most of the time you'll just be giggling at the absurdity of the game design.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Those peek-a-boo Michael toys are quite comical. Not sure how they will mange to add any kind of horror into the gameplay experience. Seems, most of the time you'll just be giggling at the absurdity of the game design.

I never went into this game with the expectation of being scared - it's pinball. All horror will be on the screen.

#44 2 years ago

I think it will be a challenge to cover the top of the Michael's in a way that would tick all the boxes.

Just about anything would detract from the appearance of the hedge as it's seen in the film.

I wonder if a decent improvement could be to find a similar material (as a DIY) and just extend the height of the hedges (with a new, solid piece) to wherever the glass allows without looking odd. Seeing 1-1.5 Michael's from player perspective would be better than 3, and I think I prefer the look of scaling hedges (hedge beyond Michael in the film also appears a bit taller)

Just a quick MS-Paint mock up here with your photo for comparison:
    hwn (resized).jpghwn (resized).jpg

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Loved your Elvira mods and look forward to your Halloween mods. I am getting a CE #790 though

I'm glad you're enjoying the Elvira mods As I noted elsewhere, after my CC got declined on a CE purchase within the first minutes of opening, I got locked out (refreshing) for another hour and wound up with #592, so your spot will likely line up with when I'd be able to develop something anyway. A few offered to trade spots (as low as #61), but I didn't want the added pressure that would bring.

Quoted from RikeIsland:

Please do something for Ultraman. I love your mods and have them in almost all my machines.

I appreciate the positive feedback, though as my mod history may show, I have to really feel something to be driven to mod a game. While I was familiar with Ultraman (primarily from my Famicom/FDS collecting days), it's not a theme I think I would do as much justice to compared to someone that intimately knows the source material. That's not a hard "no" as of yet, but it's unlikely.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm glad you're enjoying the Elvira mods As I noted elsewhere, after my CC got declined on a CE purchase within the first minutes of opening, I got locked out (refreshing) for another hour and wound up with #592, so your spot will likely line up with when I'd be able to develop something anyway. A few offered to trade spots (as low as #61), but I didn't want the added pressure that would bring.

I appreciate the positive feedback, though as my mod history may show, I have to really feel something to be driven to mod a game. While I was familiar with Ultraman (primarily from my Famicom/FDS collecting days), it's not a theme I think I would do as much justice to compared to someone that intimately knows the source material. That's not a hard "no" as of yet, but it's unlikely.

I cant wait for your mods for this. They are going to make an already stunning game over the top. These mods will be top quality just like the rest we have for rz and acnc. Can't wait!!!

#47 2 years ago

I don’t mind being in a later run to ne honest. I wouldn’t mind being in the 500’s though. This way any bugs should be ironed out and hopefully some code updates. But I do love and enjoy your Elvira mods. You are an artist that’s for sure and worth every penny (1000’s of pennies) lol.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:I'm glad you're enjoying the Elvira mods As I noted elsewhere, after my CC got declined on a CE purchase within the first minutes of opening, I got locked out (refreshing) for another hour and wound up with #592, so your spot will likely line up with when I'd be able to develop something anyway. A few offered to trade spots (as low as #61), but I didn't want the added pressure that would bring.

You are definitely an artist. And I know you will do something awesome with Halloween. Definitely can count me in for a purchase. Zero regrets with Elvira mods and when someone new sees my pin I always show those off. They are always shocked they are not factory. At least this time I will hopefully have the pin before I get your mods, but I doubt it.

#49 2 years ago

A homer in the bushes is fucking hilarious and I’ll will 100% be doing this immediately when I bring it home so that anyone who comes over to play it dies laugh when they see it pop out haha

Quoted from Roostking:

Somene had the idea of adding a homer to the bushes lol

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

A homer in the bushes is fucking hilarious and I’ll will 100% be doing this immediately when I bring it home so that anyone who comes over to play it dies laugh when they see it pop out haha

This one is probably about the right size, 2.75 inches https://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Homer-2-75-Action-Figure/dp/B00QMVVNQ6

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-and-ultraman-modders-come-on-in/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.