Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jaytrem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20201101_141234 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201101_141251 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201101_145614 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201101_150036 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201101_150059 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201101_150120 (resized).jpg
    FD813992-BF5E-4451-A6B2-8B21A747818B (resized).jpeg
    23DA1B39-8E63-4574-83DF-6982FA3997E5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20201031-WA0001 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20201031_151551 (resized).jpg
    20201031_125114 (resized).jpg
    JPS (resized).jpg
    826AA207-CBE8-457F-8F61-C5DDEA1AEA88 (resized).jpeg
    20201029_193210 (resized).jpg
    20201029_185251.jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Just wondering if Halloween is happening where you are?

Are you handing out candy and/or letting your kids go trick or treating?

My wife wants to hand out chocolate bars but not sure how many kids will show up. Still going to carve a couple pumpkins up.

Happy Halloween?

#2 3 years ago

This year, we're going to set up some individually wrapped bags of candy outside. Inside, we're going to do a candy scavenger hunt and glow in the dark hunt with costumes. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, but it's not worth the risk this year.

#3 3 years ago

Business as usual here. Going to a friend’s house, kids all going trick or treating.

#4 3 years ago

Our township "officially" cancelled it. It's probably a smart move, but I doubt anyone will actually follow it. We're fully prepared to hand out candy.

It's a win-win in either scenario though: If kids show up, we got candy, and it'll be a nice halloween for everyone. If kids don't show up, someone's gotta eat all that candy I bought, and that someone is me. (I'm quietly rooting for the second scenario)

#5 3 years ago

We're putting a bowl out the front door, whatever's leftover is MINE!!

#6 3 years ago

Prior to this year it's been pretty dead. I haven't carved a pumpkin for years. Rarely have a trick or treater. My area never recovered from the Tylenol scare in the early 1980's.

This year I'll post a sign on the door, no treats for trick or treaters. Too great a risk if some kid gets the virus and every place they have been gets blamed. I have enough problems.

LTG : )

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

We tried putting out a bowl a couple of years ago. Surprise, the first handful of kids emptied the bowl and the rest got none. It was all gone in 10
    minutes! YMMV. We plan to hand out candy as always. Maybe bagged this time so each kid doesn't have to root around in the bowl with his/her hands.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

We tried putting out a bowl a couple of years ago. Surprise, the first handful of kids emptied the bowl and the rest got none. It was all gone in 10
    minutes! YMMV. We plan to hand out candy as always. Maybe bagged this time so each kid doesn't have to root around in the bowl with his/her hands.

We've been doing this for years, LOL I guess we got honest kids in neighborhood. Candy is always bagged in those Halloween bags.

#9 3 years ago

My wife did individual bags of candy for outside. Not sure take one bag only will work though if left outside! We been back and forth with it but will give out. I decorated as usual to keep the vibe but not sure my son will go out though.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

My wife did individual bags of candy for outside. Not sure take one bag only will work though if left outside! We been back and forth with it but will give out. I decorated as usual to keep the vibe but not sure my son will go out though.

How about.. Telling the kids to hold on.... Then have them Step back.... And give the bags a light toss... I bet the kids would get a kick out of that and it would be completely safe.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jnyvio:

How about.. Telling the kids to hold on.... Then have them Step back.... And give the bags a light toss...

Or use a shirt cannon to launch those suckers from across the yard. Just tell the kiddos to cover their eyes first.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Or use a shirt cannon to launch those suckers from across the yard. Just tell the kiddos to cover their eyes first.

How about these suggestions!

#13 3 years ago

Apparently some kids are going trick or treating in my neighborhood is what I was told. I’m a bit surprised considering the very strong emotions on both sides I’ve seen here.

Still a lot of people who absolutely refuse to wear masks anywhere, and still some people who are belligerent if you don’t have the x90000 n95 Super Deluxe Hyper Filtration Respirator on.

We’re a bit out of the way anyway and I lost a lot of the decorations when I cleaned out the basement to fit more pinball machines so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jnyvio:

How about.. Telling the kids to hold on.... Then have them Step back.... And give the bags a light toss... I bet the kids would get a kick out of that and it would be completely safe.

Quoted from Jnyvio:

How about these suggestions!

Great ideas! Maybe I’ll sit on my roof in my werewolf costume with a case of beer n toss treats to below. When my beer is gone and candy is spent I’ll climb or roll off roof for the final COVID Halloween spectacle.

#15 3 years ago

Neither.. more like divorce and moving in with my parents .. at least I can watch Mandloarian season 2 in peace now.

#16 3 years ago

Considering there is a higher likelihood of our kids getting struck by lightning than dying due to COVID - hell yes in our neighborhood. Those with any concern should still leave candy out on their front porch so we can avoid further robbing our children of their childhood.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Considering there is a higher likelihood of our kids getting struck by lightning than dying due to COVID - hell yes in our neighborhood. Those with any concern should still leave candy out on their front porch so we can avoid further robbing our children of their childhood.

Serious question. Would you take your kids out trick or treating in the middle of a lightning storm?

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Serious question. Would you take your kids out trick or treating in the middle of a lightning storm?

I would. And I am move afraid of lightening than Covid!

#19 3 years ago

We will not be handing out candy this year but I have no problem with those who choose to. As my son would say, you need to be you and I need to be me and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

My 7 and 4 year old grandsons will not be going out this year either. Instead, they're coming over to grandma and grandpa's house for a special dinner and movie night. And of course grandma has made up a couple of very special Halloween bags for them.

#20 3 years ago

We are out this year, Covid numbers climbing, son has Stage 4 brain cancer so we are limiting the risk!

#21 3 years ago

Told my kid we are in a pandemic we are not going to bother with it this year. It’s not worth the risk. We are just going to stay in and watch scary movies.

#22 3 years ago

Bought 4lbs of snack size candy bars just incase there's a decent amount of kids trick of treating...but if not it's all mine!

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Well said delt. So insane to read rationality these days. I..I think I'm in love...

Common cold sucks, but I'm not letting it dictate me or my families lives. Bring on the tricks and the treats.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

We are out this year, Covid numbers climbing, son has Stage 4 brain cancer so we are limiting the risk!

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
    #25 3 years ago

I was excited and on board to hand out candy this year (I think I posed my enthusiasm here awhile ago) but since we (state of MN) are trending in the wrong direction severely I think I’ll sit this one out. Plus I don’t have the mental energy to wait for the doorbell to ring for 3 hours.

#26 3 years ago

More importantly, if a man named "Dirk Diggler" asks you "trick or treat," which one do you choose?

#27 3 years ago

Heck yeah, we are doing Halloween. No need to change anything, except the old people in the neighborhood should probably opt out, but their choice. They are the people at risk. Our weather forecast is also fantastic. They hi should be 60 with sun all day and then 50's for trick or treating.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Prayers to your Son

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

What's the point of this question; are you equating the two? The point is the chances of getting struck by lightning at any time is probably the same risk as kids trick or treating.

#30 3 years ago

I understand people who aren't participating this year but I planned on giving out candy no matter what. I even got a candy crane machine (on free play) and a hand sanitizer station ready to go for Halloween. The kids have been having fun testing it for me and after two break downs I think it's as bullet proof as possible.

#31 3 years ago

I just decided to book Spooky World.. It's a great haunted attraction in NH with walk through haunted houses and a haunted hayride.. Mostly outdoors.. It should be fun.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Man that sucks to hear Rob. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Man that sucks to hear Rob.

Thanks to all for the support, it's been a bad year for all!
    Prayers for everyone.
    Have a safe and healthy Halloween

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

son has Stage 4 brain cancer

In my thoughts and prayers.

LTG : )

#35 3 years ago

Normal Halloween in North Carolina. Careful about giving out peanut products so no allergies are induced.
    Gummy and solid chocalate seem to be favorites this year.
    Weather after the high winds passed is really nice.

#36 3 years ago

My wife masked up our little guys hanging in the dining room window. Unfortunately I couldn't find any pumpkins today. I went to four or five stores and nothing. I'll have to dig out the plastic lighted pumpkin strings

20201029_185251.jpg20201029_185251.jpg
    #37 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Normal Halloween in North Carolina. Careful about giving out peanut products so no allergies are induced.
    Gummy and solid chocalate seem to be favorites this year.
    Weather after the high winds passed is really nice.

No Baby Ruth! Unless you are doing homemade stuff, which nobody likes, you're fine reagardless of what you buy at the store. Parents with kids with severe peanut allergies will control will control on their own.

#38 3 years ago

Oops dupe post, so I'll add. I forutnately found 6 pumpkins yesterday at the grocery store. They were running 3 for $10, so good score.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Send me your new address, I'll make sure the bowl is empty,

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Just wondering if Halloween is happening where you are?
    Are you handing out candy and/or letting your kids go trick or treating?
    My wife wants to hand out chocolate bars but not sure how many kids will show up. Still going to carve a couple pumpkins up.
    Happy Halloween?

I'm taking the kids out. There is snow on the ground here already, but it's been melting. If the weather is decent, we'll probably stay out an hour or two. I bought a couple pumpkins yesterday that I will carve tomorrow into the latest Minecraft and Frozen theme version I can think of too. The kids seem to have a costume related to both those things every year so I have to keep getting creative.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Fuck cancer man. Hoping for all the best for your son.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

No Baby Ruth! Unless you are doing homemade stuff, which nobody likes, you're fine reagardless of what you buy at the store. Parents with kids with severe peanut allergies will control will control on their own.

Yes it sucks as my son has a severe allergy to peanuts. Way to common these days.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:We are out this year, Covid numbers climbing, son has Stage 4 brain cancer so we are limiting the risk!

Thoughts and prayers for you.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

That’s the worst news I can imagine. Prayers for you and your family.

Quoted from MechEngMike:

I understand people who aren't participating this year but I planned on giving out candy no matter what. I even got a candy crane machine (on free play) and a hand sanitizer station ready to go for Halloween. The kids have been having fun testing it for me and after two break downs I think it's as bullet proof as possible.

Congrats it looks like this is your very first post on Pinside! I’m surprised you even had a breakdown with the Candy crane! Those things are monsters, the ones we use tank through everything. Your kids must be getting a lot of candy

We’re doing a “trunk or treat” here at work so I’m booked for Halloween night.

#45 3 years ago

Everyone try and have a great Halloween, I usually go crazy with Pumpkin carving. But just gonna hang out at my friends arcade .
    We'll have a real blowout Halloween in 2021.

Heres some Spooky music options, from the vinyl side.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

20201029_193210 (resized).jpg20201029_193210 (resized).jpg
    #46 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Yes it sucks as my son has a severe allergy to peanuts. Way to common these days.

Sorry to hear. I have one with Milk allergy, but at age 6 she's mostly out grown it. The peanut one is tough.

#47 3 years ago

Even if there’s no trick or treating...
    It’s still Halloween at my house !

826AA207-CBE8-457F-8F61-C5DDEA1AEA88 (resized).jpeg826AA207-CBE8-457F-8F61-C5DDEA1AEA88 (resized).jpeg
    #48 3 years ago

My daughter (10) wants to get dressed up (the dog too) and just go fo a walk together around the block. We bought her lots of mini chocolate bars and plan to watch a movie that night.

The house is decorated. Found 2 pumpkins for $7. Normally we just leave a bowl on the porch. Usually we get less then 10 kids to our door on a good year, doubt we’ll get many this year.

#49 3 years ago

We usually average between 80 and 100 kids. I bought a 100 chocolate bars and a bunch of other candy. Going to make little bags up and whatever is leftover will be donated to the foodbank. Wife said she'll put her mask on and hang out on the deck for a few hours.

I'll be downstairs setting up new pins after getting back from the city

#50 3 years ago

What about a case of beer , a lawn chair , and a cheap remote controlled monster- truck with a dollar store plastic pumpkin screwed to the top?

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-2020-trick-or-treat/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.