(Topic ID: 227543)

Halloween 2018 - Movie Review

By delt31

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm a huge Halloween fan and the new movie is getting great reviews. I completely forgot they had Thursday night showings so here I am awaiting to watch the movie in the theater. Pumped!

I'm curious what other pinsiders think of it as I know many of you love the series too. Give your reviews here - no spoilers.

Expectations are kind of high. I hope it delivers

#4 5 years ago

So I just got back. I'm happy with it but disappointed too. My initial reaction was that they gave WAY too much away in the trailers. I know this is typical but man - I felt like almost all of the great parts were already noted in the trailer. That being said, it was entertaining and did have its spots but #1 and #2 still best it. Loganpinball - I agree with your summary. I would recommend people see it but go in with your expectations check.

Added over 5 years ago:

EDIT I have been thinking more about this movie and decided to see it again late last night. I enjoyed it more on the second viewer. They did a good job with it - I would def recommend others seeing it. Movie seems to fly through and has some great set pieces (especially the 1 continous shot with Michael - could be one of the best scenes in the series). Stay until the end credits!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I want to go see this movie as well but if it gets bad reviews i will probably just pass.

def see it. Worth it. It's one of the better ones. I'm still thinking about it today which is always a good sign.

There is one scene that is really out of nowhere but the movie gets right back to it....ultimately it's a good halloween which i haven't said in a long time.

I like it more the day after....

#12 5 years ago

3 out of 4 Newsday stars. Soft 3.

#14 5 years ago

Nope but they have him speaking on tape and it's def not him some actor.

Stay past the end credits btw - I'm reading that something happens. I didn't. maybe a reason to see it again...haha

#23 5 years ago

OMG - totally forgot to mention that there is a scene which pinsiders especially will appreciate!!!

After thinking about it for a day, I'm in the, "it was a good movie but with some flaws". Def happy with it though. They def made Michael scary again.

I thought the first Rob zombie was tolerable/borderline OK while the 2nd was hot garbage. This movie smokes both of those. I think it's better than any other halloween except 1 and 2. 2 is such a underrated movie. Felt like such a natural extension of the first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-2018-movie-review?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.