(Topic ID: 203269)

Hakko FX888D question

By EvanDickson

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ercvacation.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

I have no issues with my unit. I usually remove the whole flipper assembly and rebuild it on the bench doing everthing i can there (eos / capacitor wiring) I don’t run it too hot (370 - 390C) and can solder more than one wire onto a terminal. I use a chisel tip but nothing too big and don’t have to heat up the joint for more than a few secs.
    Obviously if you have no probs with the home depot iron, technique and solder isnt the problem....
    Hope you get it figured out - i consider my hakko to be one of the best investments ive made in the hobby. I’m trying to convince myself that i don’t need the hakko FR-300 desoldering gun and i suspect i will lose that arguement with myself lol

The desoldering station is awesome. I used the cheap options before I got the station. Worth every damn penny.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ercvacation.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hakko-fx888d-question?tu=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.